Not able to log in

8 replies to this topic

flameclaw0x7

flameclaw0x7

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 10-July 15

I can't seem to log into Fallen earth. I've tried everything. Using the Steam Downloaded client, using the web downloaded client, using my Fallen Earth e-mail account, using the gamer ID from my fallen earth profile, and I'm stumped. I still can't log in. Am I doing something wrong?

CrazyMunky

CrazyMunky

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 13-July 15

In order to help you people need to know what happens when you try to log in. What does it say? One thing I've seen on the forums is that you can't log in if you have a non-alphanumeric character in your password. If you have any symbols or punctuation in your password, you need to change it (remove them) before you can log in.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Responded to your post previously with the frontend.ini post, you have your client setup for the PTS not live server.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

flameclaw0x7

flameclaw0x7

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 10-July 15

CrazyMunky:

When I try to log in, an error box comes up saying "Invalid account or password", even though I know that I'm using the correct password and username.

Reaps989:

If that's the main error, then how can I connect to the live server instead of the PTS?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

CrazyMunky:

When I try to log in, an error box comes up saying "Invalid account or password", even though I know that I'm using the correct password and username.

Reaps989:

If that's the main error, then how can I connect to the live server instead of the PTS?

Change the address to the one I showed in tech support thread, but you may have to re-download the entire client from Steam or G1 (Not the one from the PTS forum) if it doesn't work after that.

You have downloaded the Private Test Server, that's not the normal client. It should be this.

USERNAME=(Username)
SERVER=login.fallenearth.com
PORT=3000
SYSTEM=1
CHAR=3
REMEMBERPASSWORD=FALSE

You must have been trying to access the PTS, otherwise your frontend.ini wouldn't have the PTS login. Either that or they derps at G1 for some reason put the PTS download as the official xD

You had your server as "test-login.fallenearth.com" rather than "login.fallenearth.com".

You also had the port as 0, which should be 3000.

System I am unsure if that matters, but should be 1.

Edited by Reaps989, 16 July 2015 - 11:58 PM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

flameclaw0x7

flameclaw0x7

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 10-July 15

So how do I change the server adress? Should I just redownload the client?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Attempt to change the address, first, and if that doesn't work re-download the client.

The .ini file should be in your "Fallen Earth F2P" folder, in the "settings" folder, and open the "frontend.ini"

That's if you had the same issue as the other guy... otherwise you need to find out if you made an account via steam verification or simply made an account through G1.

Edited by Reaps989, 17 July 2015 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image

flameclaw0x7

flameclaw0x7

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 10-July 15

So I went into the Fallen Earth F2P folder, and I went into the settings folder, and modified frontend.ini like you said. I'm still having the same problem as before.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

So I went into the Fallen Earth F2P folder, and I went into the settings folder, and modified frontend.ini like you said. I'm still having the same problem as before.

What is the error you are getting when logging in?

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users