• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

Jobs

Jobs

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 03-December 10

Rel-04-Refer-a-Friend-Facebook-Banner-(b

Today we're pleased to announce a way for you to get free exclusive items, just by introducing your friends to APB! Send invites to your friends using the new Refer-a-Friend (Beta) page and help them climb the ranks in San Paro to earn skins, weapons, clothing, vehicles and kits!

You can find the Refer-a-Friend page at the top of Armas:

VS9uSyW.png

Just follow these three easy steps to get started:

1. Send your friend an invitation and guide them along to create their first character. Once they created their character you will start to earn points based on their game activity.
  2. Help your friend achieve the goals in the progress tracker to earn points. You will earn 3X more points by playing missions with him/her!
  3. Save or spend your points to redeem rewards from the collection. Higher tier rewards are more valuable, so choose wisely!

Guidelines

• You may refer up to three (3) friends for the lifetime of your account
  • You can earn a maximum of 600 points per referred friend (1800 total)
  • You can refer only one (1) friend at a time. The invitation form will only be available if you are not currently referring a friend
  • If a friend has not created a character after three (3) days of accepting your invitation, you will be given the option to remove them as a referral. This will not count toward your lifetime referrals
  • If a friend has been inactive for seven (7) days after creating a character, you will be given the option to remove them as a referral. Warning: removing a previously-active referral will count toward your total lifetime referrals, and you will miss out on earning the maximum points from this referral! We recommend that you instead simply encourage your friend to complete their game goals.

This is an open beta test period so your feedback is very important to us. We will be making tweaks and improvements to the system in the following weeks based on that feedback.

Jobs

BetaAlanine

BetaAlanine

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08
Nice

To my questions my gf made 2 low chars and did never play again with me does it count if we delete them and create a new or does this only count for new accounts?

Edited by BetaAlanine, 10 July 2015 - 05:09 PM.

Jobs

Jobs

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 03-December 10

Nice

To my questions my gf made 2 low chars and did never play agin with me does it count if we delete them and create a new or does this only count for new accounts?

New accounts.

Vivianne

Vivianne

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2260 posts
  • Joined 15-March 11

Does the referred player earn anything?

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4412 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

New accounts.

This makes me sad. I just had a friend sign up a month back, and they have spent some money on ARMAS. Can't go asking them to remake an account.

~le sigh~

Edited by Nymphi, 10 July 2015 - 03:56 PM.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

Cyan Crayon

Cyan Crayon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Joined 25-March 14

Interesting.

On the 'leak' before RAF was out, the display banner was free. Is it still like that?

旅 に 病んで 

夢 は 枯れ野 を 

駆け巡る

Pay.

Pay.

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2152 posts
  • Joined 09-November 13

I really wish you could roll out this system right after overhauling matchmaking, i've invited few friends of me to APB but sadly they didn't stick around due to the frustrating experience they encounter by the matchmaking.

Anyways, That looks promising!

fc hero

i make bad themes

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3248 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

Is there anything in place to prevent people from exploiting this? Say, for example, current players just making new accounts to help each other gain points?

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9649 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Hell yeah!

Free stuff \o/

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

LeoTek

LeoTek

That Wolf Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2901 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13

Interesting.

On the 'leak' before RAF was out, the display banner was free. Is it still like that?

Yes, you must refer a friend before you can obtain that though.

Posted Image

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4531 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Problem I have here is not many people use email for things , I talk to most of my friends on other things like steam, skype so that is one downside to this

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4412 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Problem I have here is not many people use email for things , I talk to most of my friends on other things like steam, skype so that is one downside to this

Steam requires an email for signup.
IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12
If people have to stay for a while just for me to get 600 points, what's in it for them to stay?

Engine hasn't been upgraded yet;
Matchmaking hasn't been overhauled;
Server performance is really hit-or-miss;
Client performance on average is still crap;
There hasn't been any F2P additions to the game outside of events and the abortion that is Joker Distribution.

The only things new players can look forward to are things that are broken: weapons, matchmaking and servers.

This was horribly timed, and not well thought out.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

Is there anything in place to prevent people from exploiting this? Say, for example, current players just making new accounts to help each other gain points?

People do that in EVERY game with a refer-a-friend system. You CAN'T stop it unless G1 is willing to ban half their playerbase. 

Edited by AshleyNeko, 10 July 2015 - 03:57 PM.

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

Neuropath

Neuropath

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 26-September 12
Are those weapons permanent?

Visionaireh

Visionaireh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Joined 16-January 15

Yes. and account wide.

Nouveh // Criminal // Citadel // R255

Naugladur // Criminal // Citadel // R110

Weajh // Enforcer // WASP // Citadel // R255

Feldhase

Feldhase

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12

Yes and afaik also Accountbound like everything else

aka Fieldrabbit
Patriot EU2

Posted Image

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3845 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

"Time for my friends and I to make alt accounts for each other, because all our other friends already tried and hated APB!"

I imagine that'll be the most common way to get the rewards.

Really, this should've been delayed until the threat overhaul, and maybe another tutorial overhaul, seeing as this game is still hell for new players. Not to mention, I'm gold, which forces any new friends to instantly become at least silver, which they shouldn't be. And if they're bronze, I can't even help them out with people their skill level, instead, they have to fight people my skill level, so they get stomped and hate the game.

GG.

Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!

I play Dota and Dark Souls these days... APB is a "Watch to see if it turns into anything decent" game now.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4531 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Steam requires an email for signup.

true , but what I did mean is do not have all friends on those programs emails asking for them is one way to go about it , but asking for email is a bit strange to somebut to be honest I never check my email unless I know something is being sent, or to activate new accounts for things

also suggestion for later : be able to refer more people and aquire G1C or Gold not large amount

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Khimsince86

Khimsince86

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 24-February 13

I see a new version of the VBR in there... sounds and looks like you had this on the cards before you re did the guns so when this one was show cased / shown off it wouldn't be so crap... 

O well I can convince any of my friends to reroll unless they are getting the stuff aswell... so till we get clear information I am still going to steer clear of apb atm..

"Have no fear of perfection, You'll never reach it" - Salvador Dali
Posted Image

-Killerskull-

-Killerskull-

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5548 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

nvm found it on armas

Perma stuff is always worth it. Jobs, will it ever be possible to get a mod or something that makes spawning vehicles for free? Its the reason Ive not bothered to buy kits from armas, the only vehicle i drive is the han veo even though I have other vehicles.

Edited by -Killerskull-, 10 July 2015 - 04:20 PM.

"Careful not to cut yourself on those edgy words"

vv Clicky licky to watch vids of my city vv
5xmxx.jpg

RaveTheWolf

RaveTheWolf

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
Well... What if I already refered all my friends before this and they still currently play?

Headset

Headset

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 06-July 15

Soooo.... What's the scale for point gain? Is it leveling contacts? Advancing weapon roles?

Deadliest

Deadliest

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3290 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13

jobs be my new friend we will play apb on han server :)

Australia.youtube  

Spoiler

PeterF

PeterF

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6846 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

I dont get it, where is the list of rewards and point required to get them?

On armas.

This is really another thing that should have been here from the start, but I guess it's still a success that we have it at all.

Not too crazy about the system that makes you force your friends to stay until you get the 600 points from them. It's a little harsh to punish someone because they didn't manage to convert the friend they invited.

Posted Image

Post the gosh darnin imagine you surprise. Post it or stfu and quit talking mommy and having my alts banned you pathetic gosh darn.

Mini rage collage (NSFW) Gold tactics (video)

RaveTheWolf

RaveTheWolf

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
Also what stops some one from referring themselves or having their friend just make a new account and playing with them?

-Killerskull-

-Killerskull-

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5548 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

On armas.

This is really another thing that should have been here from the start, but I guess it's still a success that we have it at all.

Not too crazy about the system that makes you force your friends to stay until you get the 600 points from them. It's a little harsh to punish someone because they didn't manage to convert the friend they invited.

Dont worry, after your done with them, they wont be your friend anymore, just an enemy  :Ha Ha Ha:

"Careful not to cut yourself on those edgy words"

vv Clicky licky to watch vids of my city vv
5xmxx.jpg

Redaay

Redaay

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Joined 02-November 14

So now that we got the new reffer-a-multiaccount system introduced can i refund my account lifetime cr-5 oscar nfcp 3 .45 AP and FBW-SD?

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

Also what stops some one from referring themselves or having their friend just make a new account and playing with them?

Nothing. That's inevitable, people do it in WoW and other games wit ha refer-a-friend system too. 

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

Siuya

Siuya

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 06-June 13

I'm not referring any friends to APB just yet, waiting for the game to be fixed first, or well maybe less flawed.

It's under major changes, which I'm still excited for, however in its current state, not very appealing.

Edited by Siuya, 10 July 2015 - 04:28 PM.

E255x15.png SIUYA • C255x15.png GAMUZA • NL.png THE NETHERLANDS • c8df78ae30.png STEAM PROFILE • WASPx15.png WASP-INC

RaveTheWolf

RaveTheWolf

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14

So now that we got the new reffer-a-multiaccount system introduced can i refund my account lifetime cr-5 oscar nfcp 3 .45 AP and FBW-SD?

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

the banner

422b9db8fa.jpg

`` We're is my mod status ``
JtATN3i.png

PeterF

PeterF

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6846 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

the banner

422b9db8fa.jpg

I see someone just referred you, welcome to APB!

Posted Image

Post the gosh darnin imagine you surprise. Post it or stfu and quit talking mommy and having my alts banned you pathetic gosh darn.

Mini rage collage (NSFW) Gold tactics (video)

Redaay

Redaay

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Joined 02-November 14

I see someone just referred you, welcome to APB!

youre missing a kappa in that sentence

gogol

gogol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3445 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

why are those cool sunglasses female only

WHY

hi i like purple im a vegan and i vape

WDYmX4i.png

4slot nascar)

Sike2303

Sike2303

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

Quick question, you want me to refer a friend in this laggy mommy? damn you guys could be comedians

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4236 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

Quick question, you want me to refer a friend in this laggy mommy? damn you guys could be comedians

They should have waited until the engine update too.  Plus I find a lot of the descriptions very incomplete, and the fact that kits cars and clothing items are awarded account-wide incredibly frustrating when there is no Armas options for most of it.

Forum Warrior

Forum Warrior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts
  • Joined 26-March 15
Can anyone confirm if the full 600 points can be earned even if you never play with your friend? Unlikely to ever come up, but is important information nonetheless.

Also, why is the RAF weapon skin not free like the banner? The actual gosh darn Jobs.

Edited by Forum Warrior, 10 July 2015 - 05:40 PM.

kVVSx.jpg

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4236 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

Be interesting to see how they handle exploiters, cuz we all know there are probably already people referring and creating new accounts.

What happens when a referral ends up being a cheater?

Edited by mynd, 10 July 2015 - 05:42 PM.

Hatsumiku

Hatsumiku

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5674 posts
  • Joined 10-February 11

gnna spread this game on weeboo forums liek a religion jus to get that boy's cap (if its for female) lol...

but that 462 redeem code though...

Edited by Hatsumiku, 10 July 2015 - 05:42 PM.

Posted Image
APB Official Contests: "Won by a 1st grader, Judged by a 1st Grader (old team)"
http://www.twitch.tv/moemoekyunh
IGN: Hatsumiku (Joker) HATSUMIKUxEU (Obeya)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users