Help with Rifle/Crafter Build

16 replies to this topic

takkyon

takkyon

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 25-June 15

I am a new player trying to figure out my build. I am going rifle/crafter. I found this build online that I am trying to modify to my liking. I have come up with two variants that I am trying to choose between: Build A, Build B. Basically, I am trying to choose between having more Endurance and Armor Use, or having more Strength and Primal. I am not sure how bad going from 170 to 152 armor use is versus going down one tier in the primal skills. Could anyone give me some advice on this build, please?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Build A revamp : http://planer.fallen...101019001010101

I do not recommend build B
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

takkyon

takkyon

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 25-June 15

I noticed that you lowered perception so that max crafting was only at 194. I have also noticed that crafting builds in general seem to do this. I was just wondering why, since highest level recipes take 195 skill. Do you use an item to get there? Thanks

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I noticed that you lowered perception so that max crafting was only at 194. I have also noticed that crafting builds in general seem to do this. I was just wondering why, since highest level recipes take 195 skill. Do you use an item to get there? Thanks

Tradeskill can scale at odd and even levels, this means you only need 98 int and 95 perception. This is explained in my guide, which you can see in the banner in my signature.

98*.75 = 73.5
95*.25 = 23.75

These base values are multiplied by 2 so your new totals are the following.

147 from intelligence
47.5 from perception, which actually rounds up to 48.

So you now have 195 crafting skill due to the fact of how scaling works in FE along with the fact treadmill can rank up to odd numbers unlike other skills or mutations.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

takkyon

takkyon

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 25-June 15

Okay, so it is the online planner that is the problem, then. Thanks for the help!

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Okay, so it is the online planner that is the problem, then. Thanks for the help!

Anytime, good luck and feel free to hit me up for help.

Posted Image

Ripper7676

Ripper7676

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 24-July 10

Build A revamp : http://planer.fallen...101019001010101

I do not recommend build B

I don't mean to hijack the thread, I just got a few questions myself regarding the rife/crafter build.

Where would I start placing my AP in first? Do I place my AP in perception & intelligence? What about Dex? Do I need Dex at low levels?

The build looks awesome, I am just confused on where to start spending my AP.

I am close to level six and I have not used any of my AP yet in fear of wasting them..lol

Edited by Ripper7676, 02 September 2015 - 03:49 PM.

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
I'm going the same route and from what I can gather...
Firstly keep rifle skill at max, this will help you equip more powerful weapons
Next armour use....but I heard on help chat someone was neglecting armour use because he didn't plan to pvp?
I've also put some points into first aid and power
Then increase int' and perc' to raise crating caps ( but you will reach a point where you will still have to raise your level to keep raising those 2 points)

I'm sure someone else will probably offer better advice...see if I'm doing it right :)

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I don't mean to hijack the thread, I just got a few questions myself regarding the rife/crafter build.

Where would I start placing my AP in first? Do I place my AP in perception & intelligence? What about Dex? Do I need Dex at low levels?

The build looks awesome, I am just confused on where to start spending my AP.

I am close to level six and I have not used any of my AP yet in fear of wasting them..lol

For starting out a safe bet is Endurance, Dexterity, and Intelligence. If you know your final build tho, simply add AP based on how much you require at end-game. You don't exactly need "max" rifles for your level in PVE, FE's PVE is extremely simplistic compared to other MMOs with shooter elements.

But Endurance and Intelligence are always safe choices. The biggest question would be if you plan to PVE, PVP, and if it's going to be a max crafting toon.

I'm going the same route and from what I can gather...
Firstly keep rifle skill at max, this will help you equip more powerful weapons
Next armour use....but I heard on help chat someone was neglecting armour use because he didn't plan to pvp?
I've also put some points into first aid and power
Then increase int' and perc' to raise crating caps ( but you will reach a point where you will still have to raise your level to keep raising those 2 points)

I'm sure someone else will probably offer better advice...see if I'm doing it right :)

For PVE you can easily neglect armor use as it isn't as required. The same can be said about dodge until fighting Dome NPCs which have considerably high critical chance. Just as you can also ignore most healing until going into Dome or solo'ing stronger NPCs.

I should really update my skills and mutations previews... but can't manage to stay in-game that long since there's no PVP. But my OCD is getting to me about it not being up-to-date.

Posted Image

Ripper7676

Ripper7676

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 24-July 10

For starting out a safe bet is Endurance, Dexterity, and Intelligence. If you know your final build tho, simply add AP based on how much you require at end-game. You don't exactly need "max" rifles for your level in PVE, FE's PVE is extremely simplistic compared to other MMOs with shooter elements.

But Endurance and Intelligence are always safe choices. The biggest question would be if you plan to PVE, PVP, and if it's going to be a max crafting toon.

For PVE you can easily neglect armor use as it isn't as required. The same can be said about dodge until fighting Dome NPCs which have considerably high critical chance. Just as you can also ignore most healing until going into Dome or solo'ing stronger NPCs.

I should really update my skills and mutations previews... but can't manage to stay in-game that long since there's no PVP. But my OCD is getting to me about it not being up-to-date.

I am looking to solo and mainly do PvE, I think I will start another character in the future for PvP. Since End/Int are good to raise, should I up those stats now? Or Since I know I want to do PvE, should I start spending my point in Dex/Int/Per? I know I need to raise my rifle and int/per for crafting.

Judging from the in the link, I will need a lot more then just int/per/dex/rifle. My dilemma is I want to be the efficient as possible at my lower lvls. I don't know the exact number of AP I have to spend, but raising my per/int is a must for crafting and I know dex will help me increase my rifle skills. I know I can't raise all these skills at once, I will need to focus on a few at a time.

What is essential for a low lvl rifle/crafter? From what I have been reading it's int/per/rifle, can I wait for dex? Or will I have enough AP to focus on these four stats dex/int/per/rifle around my level? 

Will I cap out my int/per/dex eventually? Otherwise how will I be able have AP for anything else? Sorry for all the dumb questions, I haven't played since alpha and all this is overwhelming.. lol

Edited by Ripper7676, 05 September 2015 - 07:08 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I am looking to solo and mainly do PvE, I think I will start another character in the future for PvP. Since End/Int are good to raise, should I up those stats now? Or Since I know I want to do PvE, should I start spending my point in Dex/Int/Per? I know I need to raise my rifle and int/per for crafting.

Judging from the in the link, I will need a lot more then just int/per/dex/rifle. My dilemma is I want to be the efficient as possible at my lower lvls. I don't know the exact number of AP I have to spend, but raising my per/int is a must for crafting and I know dex will help me increase my rifle skills. I know I can't raise all these skills at once, I will need to focus on a few at a time.

What is essential for a low lvl rifle/crafter? From what I have been reading it's int/per/rifle, can I wait for dex? Or will I have enough AP to focus on these four stats dex/int/per/rifle around my level? 

Will I cap out my int/per/dex eventually? Otherwise how will I be able have AP for anything else? Sorry for all the dumb questions, I haven't played since alpha and all this is overwhelming.. lol

In terms of "required" skills and mutations...

• Weapon Skill : After 45, scale by 15 (60/75/90/etc) unless using a stance with weapon modifiers such as Marksman and faction T-shirts.
  • Armor Use : Not as required, but helps since as long as you wear armor it's effective. My guide explains how it scales.
  • First Aid : You will always want to beable to use Staunch Wounds at the highest rank for your level.
  • Empathic : Getting benevolence and restoration for each rank.

Outside of that, nothing else is "required", precision would be the next best stat PVE wise.

Edited by Reaps989, 05 September 2015 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

Ripper7676

Ripper7676

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 24-July 10

In terms of "required" skills and mutations...

• Weapon Skill : After 45, scale by 15 (60/75/90/etc) unless using a stance with weapon modifiers such as Marksman and faction T-shirts.
  • Armor Use : Not as required, but helps since as long as you wear armor it's effective. My guide explains how it scales.
  • First Aid : You will always want to beable to use Staunch Wounds at the highest rank for your level.
  • Empathic : Getting benevolence and restoration for each rank.

Outside of that, nothing else is "required", precision would be the next best stat PVE wise.

Wow, thank you so very much for all the help. Before I got your newest post here I dumped my AP in to maxing rifle,int,per and I also put as much points into dex (not sure if I was able to max it.)

Once my rifle reaches 45 I will scale back to placing 15 AP each level, I might be at 45 right now if am not mistaken. I will start on my first aid/empathic the next time I level. I haven't placed anything AP into armor yet, but I will head over to your guide as soon as I am done writing this reply.

Thanks again for all the help.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Wow, thank you so very much for all the help. Before I got your newest post here I dumped my AP in to maxing rifle,int,per and I also put as much points into dex (not sure if I was able to max it.)

Once my rifle reaches 45 I will scale back to placing 15 AP each level, I might be at 45 right now if am not mistaken. I will start on my first aid/empathic the next time I level. I haven't placed anything AP into armor yet, but I will head over to your guide as soon as I am done writing this reply.

Thanks again for all the help.

Anytime, if you need help feel free to PM me here or Steam.

Posted Image

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
Hi following this thread and hope it continues :) Exactly how does dexterity help? I'm almost 19 and guess I really should be in Sector 2, but I still have towns/quests to visit in S1. I just don't want see difficulty ramp up and I'm ill equipped for it

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Hi following this thread and hope it continues :) Exactly how does dexterity help? I'm almost 19 and guess I really should be in Sector 2, but I still have towns/quests to visit in S1. I just don't want see difficulty ramp up and I'm ill equipped for it

Dexterity helps by giving you more stamina and increasing the cap on rifle/precision/dirty trick/sonic/etc.

Difficulty doesn't change much beyond S2 if you're fighting harder NPCs, honestly, just more HP.

Edited by Reaps989, 06 September 2015 - 12:21 AM.

Posted Image

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
Thanks for the further advice :) which aura is best to run with? Also I seem to missing rifle stance, I've visited support and mutation trainers but no joy?
The more I learn the more confused I get

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Thanks for the further advice :) which aura is best to run with? Also I seem to missing rifle stance, I've visited support and mutation trainers but no joy?
The more I learn the more confused I get

Different mutation trainers do different things, sadly they don't label what they do... which is annoying. If you use the stats window by clicking on a mutation, or skill for that matter, you can see what unlocks at each rank which also has a button called "Trainer Locations".

This will bring up a list of towns which have the trainers for said mutation/skill.

Aura wise is personal preference, the same bet is always Group Tactics as it's a universal stat.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users