• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jerv

jerv

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 05-June 15

As it stands, there is "overhead" which is the same view range as the Compass, and then there is "show three-quarters of the sector" with absolutely no steps in between.

Even worse, making the map bigger doesn't expand the area viewed.

These two quirks make the map almost unusable. Even when navigationg between cities, the view is too far out to be of much use.

I would like to see at least a couple of intermediate levels; a zoomed out "overhead" that shows more area than the compass, and a zoomed in "sector" that is actually close enough to navigate between outposts with the map at it's smallest size.

Edited by jerv, 10 June 2015 - 01:21 AM.

Lone Wolfson

Lone Wolfson

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 12-March 12

Hm, tried clicking the map and using your mousewheel?

jerv

jerv

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 05-June 15

Hm, tried clicking the map and using your mousewheel?

Oh, I know how to use the zoom levels that are available, and they are useless! That is the reason for this post. It's not that I don't know how to use it, but rather a lack of intermediary steps.

Think of it this way; how useful would the scope on a rifle be if the lowest level was 100x? Sure, it may be great for counting feathers on a Prairie Chicken at 200m, but would it be useful in combat? That's what the map in this game is like, and what I hope gets changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users