15 replies to this topic

nanananaSuperCop

nanananaSuperCop

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 25-March 15

Hello! 
I'll suggest adding a second language to Fallen Earth, which would be a toggle under options, in stead of having to make another server for the second language of choice.

Why? To attract new players, as the game is kind of dead in my opinion.

I'll suggest adding Spanish for starters, and German, Russian, Japanese or Chinese as the 3..
I don't have more languages in mind.

Why Spanish? because a lot of people speak it, some people used to say around half the globe speaks it.
Why German? Because a lot of germans don't bother to learn English(I suppose the same is true for any of the suggested languages, but I live close to Germany and don't know about the other)
Why Russian, Japanese or Chinese? Because of the number of people speaking those languages.

I'd personally love to have Spanish as a second language, and I know many people are looking to games for learning a language.

Besides, a post-apocalyptic mmo might really speak to people from such places of the world.

Making sure people will see it could be done by advertising and arranging a few bonus xp/chips weeks, or like three months with x amount of days free premium for registering to make people more likely to think they want to try it. I honestly don't know the best way, but I'm sure you guys can come up with a few ideas

I'm sure adding a second language would be great to revitalize the playerbase.

Edited by nanananaSuperCop, 28 April 2015 - 03:03 AM.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

That would be an unnecessary and extensive amount of work translating to another language especially considering for the educated developed world english is the global bridge language. Some bonus reward weekends would be amazing though.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

nanananaSuperCop

nanananaSuperCop

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 25-March 15

You're absolutely right about English being the global bridge language, however, it would attract new players and a lot of the people looking to games to learn another language could stumple upon Fallen Earth, even if they might quit at 55, likely as their goal is accomplished, but some would stick, and the more languages the longer the eager language learners would stick. 
I realise it might seem unnecessary compared to the costs, howeverI'm confident it would pay off in the long run.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Would be nice, but reworking s2-s3 so they were more rewarding and enjoyable would do far more.

People install the game knowing it's in English, but when they get burned out before S3 that's clearly an issue.

Not to mention the fastest leveling is 45+, give me that option all throughout the game I bet people would at least try it.

Especially when all new content is end-game... the most annoying grind is mid-level which is depressing.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Tomerant

Tomerant

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 06-May 14

translating game doesn't/won't bring new players. 

Might sound harsh, but is it even possible to not know english nowdays?? 

It's spain, germany, china, japan... not some third world country. 

Elvedin Semanic - solo roamer of Grand Canyon

Tomerant - storage boyo

nanananaSuperCop

nanananaSuperCop

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 25-March 15

Yea'? I'm sure it will, as soon as it's found out, and as I said, some people might want to play for getting a beter grip on a second language.
A lot of germans don't bother learning English, and for Spanish.. I don't know how many people can/'t speak English, but it could bring new players anywhom.

I fully agree with getting more content to s2-3 would be a great idea!

Tomerant

Tomerant

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 06-May 14

it's international stuff... why bother investing in translation of something that is already available on world wide language.

Instead, spanish/german/whatever guys should invest a bit in education. It's english language, not swahili. We in Bosnia, learn it in schools (you got a choice to learn german or english. I picked english for obvious reasons) but still the best lessons I got came from playing Final Fantasy VIII. If you like the game you have no problems with english language.

If you write "me need buying horse I can't know how" someone will still understand you and help you. I've seen some funny english grammar on help chat but even now those guys play the game cuz they like it and still getting help while asking for it on very bad spoken english language.

Those guys that left the game and blamed language never actually liked it. It was just a bonus reason to leave it.

If he is too dumb to pass first quest and later ask "how to get a horse" and leave game when he realizes that mounts stay where you put them... no other language will help us to keep him playing.

Money placed into translations could be used to create some new content or some marketing campaign. This game has online exposure weaker than some stupid browser based games.

I'm sure that even oldest veteran players would sacrifice the content creation in favor of a good marketing campaign.

Edited by Tomerant, 02 May 2015 - 02:02 AM.

Elvedin Semanic - solo roamer of Grand Canyon

Tomerant - storage boyo

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

When I was level 27, I had two players from Poland in my clan, Rehli and Ghost. Rehil barely spoke English and Ghost spoke it marginally better. When I first met them, all Rehli could say to me was "give weapon". She had no idea how rude that sounded to me; she just knew she had no idea how to find weapons and she needed help doing so. Ghost did most of the talking for them. I took pity on them and invited them to my clan at the time, United Federation Forces, and within weeks their grasp of English got better, as they were able to practice and learn with the clan. Although it would be convenient to include other language options, it is also quite the investment and in the long run, unnecessary. English really is the business language of the world and most countries speak it on some way, shape of form.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• Wasteland Engineer - Hazmat
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

TAO has players from 6 continents, we all speak English in clan chat, but most are NON English speakers IRL. ...Turkey, Russian, Australian, Tasmanian, Japan, Swedish, German, French, Scotland, Norway, Philippines, Mexico, Brazil and every US Time zone, including Hawaiian island and Alaska.  We figure out how to talk to each other. Google translate helps a bit.

Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.

robbed

robbed

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

hold on just a second here, when did TAO make a comeback. :D

as for the whole language thing all you really need to learn how to say in other languages is "don't shoot, i'm canadian not american"

Edited by robbed, 17 May 2015 - 07:12 PM.

Renegade - Robbed lvl 30
Renegade - Robbedagain lvl 30
Consortium - TheGhost lvl 13

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

hold on just a second here, when did TAO make a comeback. :D

as for the whole language thing all you really need to learn how to say in other languages is "don't shoot, i'm canadian not american"

OMG! LOL! This made me spit out my mango smoothie!

DLBanner1.jpg

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• Wasteland Engineer - Hazmat
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

@Kit you remember that Sang always says bad girls spit.

@ Robbed, we still have players, we just never are in game at the same time much. We also are pretty much all old PVE ers who just like to scavenge and craft.  We still meet every Thursday at 7 M for PVE raids, locations vary.

Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

@ Robbed, we still have players, we just never are in game at the same time much. We also are pretty much all old PVE ers who just like to scavenge and craft.  We still meet every Thursday at 7 M for PVE raids, locations vary.

God damnit... you beat me to it Nebe xD

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

MI0001522647.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

https://www.youtube....h?v=PA0NkYi3Y5U

From one bad girl to another....R.I.P. Big Sister....

Edited by KittheRed, 28 May 2015 - 04:15 AM.

DLBanner1.jpg

max79

max79

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 15-February 13

Best decision for improving this game could be REMOVE/DISSABLE FORUM and this will do much good to the game then anything since trolls/cheaters/exploiters that got baned will not have a place to returne and post theyr crap for evidence check pvp and tell me when is last time when whas posted something about the PVP also same for other subforums..everything is about flaming and who duped/hacked and who got back  best aimbot...prolly this is last real pvp post http://forums.gamers...-rest-in-peace/

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8596 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

the game have riding horses in videos, this is a thing that i desire in APB:R, i could try to be a tourist ^-^

(if i remember ,the italian UI is available, is it?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users