6 replies to this topic

mudbud

mudbud

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 05-March 15

it would be nice if we could build and fix houses and cars that are already in the world

Snipergamer

SirSplatsalot

SirSplatsalot

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
+1
o5b8dv.png
Democles - Kaycee Jynx - Sir Splatsalot

Op Hooligan

Op Hooligan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
I think the problem with this is that the houses would most likely be instanced, and there would not be enough houses to go around for the thousands of players this would attend to. Same with the cars, not enough for everyone. It's a good idea just not logical for Fallen Earth's type of gameplay and environment. Also, they'd have to add a ton of extra recipes and building materials for this to be possible.

Op Hooligan, Jugg Hooligan, Op Crafter, Salty Sjel, Im Fine, Big Juicy

Reroll Patrol

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

However, you can build your own home...crafting a farm and extending its life with maintenance kits for as long as you like. Your "home will have vaults, a mailbox and a plot of land for you to grow seeds of your choosing, and you can invite your friends over as much as you like!

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I think the problem with this is that the houses would most likely be instanced, and there would not be enough houses to go around for the thousands of players this would attend to. Same with the cars, not enough for everyone. It's a good idea just not logical for Fallen Earth's type of gameplay and environment. Also, they'd have to add a ton of extra recipes and building materials for this to be possible.

Not entirely, plus they could put in marketplace items to "add" to said houses. If they get enough funding, I doubt they'd ignore the idea of letting players "own" said houses.

Can't be that hard for them to place an intractable object, say the door to your house, to only open when you want it to once you own it.

Now repairing said buildings... I don't see it happening. But they should introduce some kind of simple housing which is a reusable consumable that lasts "X" amount of days. And make sure they can't be placed in areas to cause issues in PVE or PVP in terms of exploitation.

Edited by Reaps989, 27 March 2015 - 07:50 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

SmiladaCorsan

SmiladaCorsan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12
+1 for above posting..

Knifeborn

Knifeborn

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14

This could be implemented with the seldom requested Clan bases :D

Or a new type of progress town, just a player specific or clan specific instance which takes resources for "townsfolk" to build up with, and in return, you get exp, unique weapons and armour and access to new vaults, mailboxes, merchants that would otherwise require you to go to the closest town :D

Contacts: Sjel Knifeborn | Malt Drikker | Kira Bloodpainted 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users