Photo

This game may be next in line for hackers.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Thorgrim

Thorgrim

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 10-September 11

Love this game, and maybe I am paranoid but with the lack of care being shown by this company for such a great game I am afraid there may be security issues. When a company cares so little for its customers that they continually let things slide and fail to identify and repair issues, one must question the integrity of the security protocols protecting the information of its players. If you havent swtiched to a loadable debit card, I would suggest you do so now and try to wipe out any other financial information in the database if you can. Hackers constantly probe for weaknesses and this company, through its behavior, seems to be opening the doors and inviting looters.

Edited by Thorgrim, 24 February 2015 - 06:11 PM.

SmiladaCorsan

SmiladaCorsan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12

Care to explain more? How do you know this company has such behavior that you mentioned above?

Thorgrim

Thorgrim

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 10-September 11

Got several requests to change my password from G1....somebody is hacking/probing the system. I have heard from others on this issue as well. Plus they can't or wont stop in game hackers. When the foundation starts to crack, watch out for the rest of the house because its sinking.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Got several requests to change my password from G1....somebody is hacking/probing the system. I have heard from others on this issue as well. Plus they can't or wont stop in game hackers. When the foundation starts to crack, watch out for the rest of the house because its sinking.

No... just hackers as in those that use third party programs to get ahead of other players.

If there was a security issue it would be posted somewhere or at least everyone would have an e-mail notification.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

I honestly thought that's what he meant by the post...and I was like, "you're too late, they're already here!". We get our share of spammers, but so far, North Korea hasn't launched Phase I of "Operation Sony-Don't Release-That-Movie II" on us yet. Well...as far as I know, anyway...but seriously, I think we're good for now...they really would put out notice if this game was getting hit. Although it took them a couple of days to deal with these recent "Bam Wars" spammers...

Edited by KittheRed, 24 March 2015 - 12:48 PM.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

s1nykul

s1nykul

Initiate

• Wasteland Engineer - Decon
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 14-January 14

Here is a clue for those worried.

Set up an account specifically for online payments and keep the balance below $5/£3.00

Use paypal or other online payment provider and use a VERY strong password and use an account set up for purpose... see above.

When you need to spend transfer funds to this account elsewise keep the balance at around $5/£3.00

Never EVER enter the details of any other bank account to a website who ever they are.

Never provide any true information about yourself or credit/debit card numbers to ANY website ALWAYS use the payment provider of your choice.

Expect ANY and EVERY site you enter data into to be compromised if not by an external entity, by employed staff.

Tabdar

Tabdar

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

No... just hackers as in those that use third party programs to get ahead of other players.

If there was a security issue it would be posted somewhere or at least everyone would have an e-mail notification.

That is the most foolish statement I have ever heard. How could a company send out a warning of an attack before it happens? If this company is attacked and you get a notice from the game, your information is already out there. When the Target thing happened I got an email, after the attack happened. One of my credit cards had unauthorized charges. Guess what? I found out after the charges. I am pretty sure no one with the company can predict the future.

Quacque

Quacque

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

I used to be a moderator manager for the parent company, different game.  They do watch the games, behind the scenes, and they do act on any hack threats.  But this game has been around a while and as people lose interest and move on, such things seem to stand out more. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users