64 replies to this topic

The Snood

The Snood

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-November 14

You know what we need?

HVR Rebalance? Don't be a silly goose. What you meant to say was actually, "A lethal version of the NL9."

For too long have the Enforcers had this beauty locked up by faction nonsense and that means its time to change it.

"But snoody-kins" you utter, dorito crumbs cascading from your lips, "crims shouldn't get LTL, its what makes enforcers unique!"

I say nuts to that, they can get LTL - just in the form of a moderately lethal reskin of a less than lethal gun.

I present the Colby Lever-Action Battle Rifle.

Appearance:

485c26ee65e7c4220829cd62a47a1917.png

Variant 1
win94.jpg

Variant 2
eTRGqQn.jpg

Description: A more modern take on Colby's continuing legacy of Home Defense, the Lever Action Battle Rifle (LABR) proves itself to have the body of a close range weapon with the heart and soul of a long range destroyer, resulting in the reality of a mid-range support firearm meant for dispatching any would-be modern day cattle rustler.

Relevant Stats:

Role: Pointman

Fire Rate - 0.50 sec
Time to Kill - 1.00 sec
Time to Stun - 3.12 sec
Shots to Kill - 3
Shots to Stun - 5

Damage
Health Damage - 400
Stamina Damage - 220
Hard Damage 125.00
Dropoff Range 40m
Min Damage Range 70m
Max Range - 100m
Minimum Damage % - 50%

Accuracy
Accuracy Radius at 10m - 12cm
Per Shot Modifier - 1
Shot Modifier Cap - 1
Recovery Delay - 0.40
Recovery Per Second - 4
Crouch Modifier - 0.90
Walk Modifier - 1.10
Run Modifier - 1.20
Sprint Modifier - 1.60
Jump Modifier - 2
Marksman Modifier - 0.50
In Vehicle Modifier - 1
Marksman FoV 16:9 - 70
Marksman FoV 4:3 - 70

Movement Speed
Crouched Speed 90 cm/s
Walk Speed 139 cm/s
Marksman Speed 275 cm/s
Run Speed 412.50 cm/s
Sprint Speed 600 cm/s
Ammo
Ammo Capacity 45
Magazine Capacity 8 + 1

ALTERNATIVELY -

LOW EFFORT VERSION

Slug Firing shotgun. Same idea, lethal NL9 with better range, but now it's pump action, leaving the animation team free to continue their non-existence.

Appearance:

c2615d37cfc90afedbb360a9063cae97.png

Description: Due to popular demand, Colby has now restarted production of their previously discontinued slug firing shotguns. While the demand at the moment was restricted solely to collectors and big-game hunters, San Paro's unique situation is providing a new lease on life for what was previously an obsolete homestead defense firearm. The unique combination of respectable stopping power and outstanding range for its class make the Colby "Slugger" a potent addition to armories everywhere.

How's that? Good enough for a reskin?

No? How about presets?

Take a gander at these wastes of your time and g1c:

"Deadeye"

- Hunting Sight 3
- Improved Rifling 3
- Tagger

"Rough Rider"

- Reflex Sight 3
- Cooling Jacket 3
- Bandolier 3

"Deputy"

- Cooling Jacket 3
- Mobility Sling
- Mag Pull 3

And a Bonus variant

"Quigley"

Appearance:

52014ba5c570e1989f644360fda23193.png

- Modified Receiver (Special mod: Reduces magazine capacity to a single round and reduces the reload speed to 0.65s)

- Big Game Hunting Shells (Special mod: Applies a damage ramp-up at 30m up to a maximum of 550 damage at 60m at the cost of a damage reduction to 300 at 0-30m.)

- High-Magnification Scope

Edited by The Snood, 29 January 2016 - 01:24 PM.

BeardedCoffeeMonkey

BeardedCoffeeMonkey

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Joined 08-September 14

I like it. but then again, I like cowboy guns.

BCMsig.png

On Jericho as BCMonkey and online at: youTube | Twitter | Facebook | My Website

FREE game codes here! --> APB Redeem Code Thread

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15146 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Seems like a nice idea, i dont think it would be overpowered.

Maybe make it a 2 shot kill in close range and 3 and above later on.

If they even think about adding something like this, it will most likely end up as a JMB weapon...

Cant see how it would be overpowered. It may be even bad for daily combat.

Ever faced someone with a regular gun and you had the NL9? You are almost dead before you can even luckily stun him.

N9pGkYM.png

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6976 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

a slug shotgun would be sick. with all the useless weapons added to this game, it's strange how this never was added in

Vir Tristis

Vir Tristis

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1351 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14

the animation team

I lol'd here

But overall a great idea

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

SNPR

SNPR

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Joined 24-August 13

+1

All I would do is run around with the orange skin to make people rage that i am killing them with LTL.

Nosduh

Nosduh

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Joined 30-September 14
Agreed.

The Snood

The Snood

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-November 14

Seems like a nice idea, i dont think it would be overpowered.

Maybe make it a 2 shot kill in close range and 3 and above later on.

Actually the whole reason its not a 2 shot kill in cqc is because that would make it outright better than all other shotguns

its superior range is enough to make it a viable choice for those iffy encounters at 20-40m where a shotgun just cant quite reach

it's also for dishing out wild west styled justice, but that's another point entirely

Rokkette

Rokkette

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 15-May 13

feminine features.

Colby [W]est Server. -Rokkette/ Roketto Alone and Frightened/ Pony Time

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18233 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

3 shots to kill? how so a ttk of 1,50 secs?

its then 1.0 secs.

But I guess even with 3 shots to kill and 1,0 ecs to kill it would not be OP, most guns kill faster.

It would be a nice gun and it would be what the NL 9 should be tts wise.

but minimum damage % should definately go down to 30%, being able to land 200 dmg hits at 77m with Ir3 seems a bit nonsense. Especially when you give this gun a 12cm @10m with MM of 0.5 this is way too accurate, thats enarly as accurate as an Obeya. And its significantly more accurate than N-tec. 

and MM speed should probably not exceed 250. better would be 235 as the csg, otherwise using Mob sling on it (which NL 9 can't have) may turn out weird.

harddamage seems also a bit high, given that you have a single slug and its max damage until 40m with such accuracy. Would drop this to 80.

Edited by LilyV3, 11 March 2015 - 03:10 AM.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

thrown.

thrown.

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

+support

Fun idea, that TTK though :x

due to the injustice of forum mods i am withdrawing from the forums

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

but minimum damage % should definately go down to 30%, being able to land 200 dmg hits at 77m with Ir3 seems a bit nonsense. Especially when you give this gun a 12cm @10m with MM of 0.5 this is way too accurate, thats enarly as accurate as an Obeya. And its significantly more accurate than N-tec.

Sounds perfectly fine to me. That would be a 2.00s TTK at 77m, slower and less accurate than snipers or rifles. Health regeneration can easily make it a 6 hit kill, too.

Edited by Revoluzzer, 11 March 2015 - 04:36 AM.

APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18233 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

Sounds perfectly fine to me. That would be a 2.00s TTK at 77m, slower and less accurate than snipers or rifles. Health regeneration can easily make it a 6 hit kill, too.

yes and no, for a rifle yes maybe, but on a shotgun like behavior table it feels not good, and should not be that way. and 2.0ttk when the snipers have 1,67 is a but too small in comparison tbh. especially gven its accuracy. Thats not in a line with the overal feeling of what a shotgun (slug or not) should do.

snipers are the long range guns those 100m are the equivavlent for RL sniper ranges that cna go quite a few kilometer, and thats why most shotguns in apb have their usability range of 30m before they drop quite harsh. suddenly makign another shotgun go 77m quite reliable is a bot not within the scope of the abstract range model in APB. (the C2 was already a catasrophical example, and I do not man its ttk, more its smg + accuracy ability at sniper ranges)

Posted Image
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

snipers are the long range guns those 100m are the equivavlent for RL sniper ranges that cna go quite a few kilometer, and thats why most shotguns in apb have their usability range of 30m before they drop quite harsh. suddenly makign another shotgun go 77m quite reliable is a bot not within the scope of the abstract range model in APB. (the C2 was already a catasrophical example, and I do not man its ttk, more its smg + accuracy ability at sniper ranges)

A shotgun fed with bullets is - essentially - a rifle. Just because it looks like other close range weapons doesn't mean it has to function the same way. Just like the SR-15 is a rifle that is more useful at close range, this suggested weapon could be a shotgun that is more useful at range.
IJVJaCR.png

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18233 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

A shotgun fed with bullets is - essentially - a rifle. Just because it looks like other close range weapons doesn't mean it has to function the same way. Just like the SR-15 is a rifle that is more useful at close range, this suggested weapon could be a shotgun that is more useful at range.

does not change the fact that shotgun slugs are shorter ranged than rifles are, and so it would then be in the game as well.

Edited by LilyV3, 12 March 2015 - 01:56 AM.

Posted Image
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Mod Squad

Mod Squad

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09
I would like a rifle that progresses your shotgun role.

We already have:

Assault Rfile / LMG role: NSSW
Assault Rifle / SMG role: VAS C2
SMG / Assault Rifle role: ACES Rifle, maybe ATAC
Rifle / Sniper role: N-ISSR-B
Rifle / Assault Rifle role: STAR 556 'LCR'

Jericho : MrFappyPenguin | TokenPotHeadRickRitalin | MrsHappyPenguin
Bubblenut | AbbyAdderal | NubileBut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | luberness
Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy #NotEnoughCharacterSlots

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3868 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

This would be really cool, supported.  Would be really nice if they could get a lever action animation if they don't already have one.

This would also give me a reason to use that cowboy hat that I bought a few years ago...

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 14 March 2015 - 10:57 PM.

The Snood

The Snood

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-November 14

does not change the fact that shotgun slugs are shorter ranged than rifles are, and so it would then be in the game as well.

Realism is a poor excuse.

Remember we have accelerating bullets.

In any case, the stats are mild tweaks of the NL9 stats from APB db, and the tweaks made are to make the weapon a competitive choice rather than a cobra or kommandant.

I will fix the ttk a bit though, as that too was a mild tweak from the APB db page.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I think you might have made it a little too good, mainly in the fact that you upped it's range way more than the NL9, (I think there's a reason the NL9 simply cannot shoot past 50,) and the fact that you improved nearly all of it's stat's by a tiny amount.

But I've wanted this for years, and I would buy it no matter what the cost (okay, if it was $50 or under more like.)

9e9.gif

Anyways, I'm putting this suggestion in my signature for now.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Mod Squad

Mod Squad

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09
I think just inverting the stamina and soft damage on the NL-9 would work just fine. Extend the range so it can deal damage past 50M like other lethal weapons, but keep everything else the same.

Jericho : MrFappyPenguin | TokenPotHeadRickRitalin | MrsHappyPenguin
Bubblenut | AbbyAdderal | NubileBut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | luberness
Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy #NotEnoughCharacterSlots

Unclean

Unclean

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts
  • Joined 07-March 14

They can just use the shotgun reload animation or the lmg reload animation..

the lmg/norseman reload can be used for anything lol

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9733 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
please. :c

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

DevonUK

DevonUK

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 17-November 12
They should just make it a Trumpet or whatever it's called.. it's a 22 long rifle pump-action rifle. So it would still use the pump animation and make sense :)
Posted Image

X23-Silentmeat

X23-Silentmeat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11

They should just make it a Trumpet or whatever it's called.. it's a 22 long rifle pump-action rifle. So it would still use the pump animation and make sense :)

Judging from the damage model of the game, if a repeater style weapon ever did get added I would think a .22 would be too small of a calibre to do anything to players. Considering we all can take two 7.62 rounds to the face I would think a round on the line of 45-70 would be much more effective as a repeater platform. +1 to a repeater though.

76561198018021499.png

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

Judging from the damage model of the game, if a repeater style weapon ever did get added I would think a .22 would be too small of a calibre to do anything to players. Considering we all can take two 7.62 rounds to the face I would think a round on the line of 45-70 would be much more effective as a repeater platform. +1 to a repeater though.

You really shouldn't throw reality into the mix.

The HVR 762 and Obeya CR762 fire the same rounds.
The STAR and SHAW fire the same rounds.

A weapon deals as much damage as makes it balanced, no matter which calibre it is.
IJVJaCR.png

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18233 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

A weapon deals as much damage as makes it balanced, no matter which calibre it is.

I wonder why we even have to buy ammo, it's like a nonsense artifact from the past. the only true moneysink actually are missiles the rest is negliable and just a regular annoyance, but it does actually not server any purpose.

Posted Image
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

I've always wanted a lethal NL9

Yes please

WHAT DID YOU HONESTLY EXPECT THOUGH?

X23-Silentmeat

X23-Silentmeat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11

There are different calibers of 7.62 you know, HVR would be using a much higher round of 7.62 than the CR would be, infact you could accurately tell which one they would be using judging on mag count more or less. HVR could be using the typical Russian sniper round of the SVD 7.62x54mmR, while the CR could be using anything below that. Could be anything between 300 AAC blackout to the typical .308 nato round, both of which are 7.62 rounds and do perform differently in comparison to the higher caliber sniper 7.62 rounds.

Same goes for STAR and SHAW, they may still use 5.56 rounds, but there are different calibers of those rounds.

76561198018021499.png

The Snood

The Snood

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-November 14

bump

MartisLTU

MartisLTU

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13

Boring :X i wish to see something new something different...

better make 

arbalet_post2_jpgdc0df2d7_95ca_4465_9e39

Automatic crossbow !!!!!

reskinn of PMG with 2 open stols and one legendary mod.

mod name poison arrows 

mod effect:  5sec for each 1sec enemy who got hit losing blood ( health ) 

OR

Crossbow sniper

reskin nhvr with full runing speed 

same poison arrows 

DarkShadowFoxx

DarkShadowFoxx

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

why do we need reskins? why not work on improving other aspects of the game besides the visuals. -w-

fnmod_character_clottingagent3.pngfnmod_character_fieldsupplier_wideradiusfnmod_character_happylandings3.png    icon_sniperrifle_psr_muzzlebrake_gold.pnfnmod_weapon_huntingsight3.pngfnmod_weapon_extendedmagazine3.pngfnmod_weapon_heavybarrel3.png    icon_pistol_saspdw.png(<-SA-PDW)  icon_grenade_frag.png(<- Percussion Grenade) (Bishada Mako->) bishadagx8800_gt.pngfnmod_vehicle_mobilesupplyunit.pngfnmod_vehicle_armoredengine3.pngfnmod_vehicle_steelplating3.png

Umbreon TroubleMaker Master Race. D9lmULE.png  fnmod_weapon_silencer.pngfnmod_weapon_tagger.pngfnmod_weapon_huntingsight3.png50% Off (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club Is the Best) 76561198054121705.png

MartisLTU

MartisLTU

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13

why do we need reskins? why not work on improving other aspects of the game besides the visuals. -w-

i dunno :x i think engine can do only reskins ;/ this is why i short it and say gun who can be reskinned.

Bleeder91

Bleeder91

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2846 posts
  • Joined 28-October 11

OCSP is a TG-8 clone, so having a breech-loaded rifle (or shotgun) similar to the NL9 would be a legendary I'd go for as well.

Edited by Bleeder91, 24 June 2015 - 04:21 AM.

fnmod_character_fragile.pngfnmod_character_valzipram.pngfnmod_character_remotedetonator.pngfnmod_consumable_epinephrine.png        icon_smg_aces-rifle_gold.pngfnmod_weapon_extendedbarrel.pngfnmod_weapon_mobilitysling.pngfnmod_weapon_magazinepull3.png        icon_flaregun_gold.pngfnmod_weapon_flare.png        icon_grenade_frag.png        macchinacalabria127.pngfnmod_vehicle_mobilesupplyunit.pngfnmod_vehicle_muffler.pngfnmod_vehicle_explosives3.pngfnmod_vehicle_brick.png

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12
snip

Please, make your own thread if you're going to make a separate suggestion.

Did you actually read the thread? Because it is in no way actually a reskin.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

The Snood

The Snood

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-November 14

Boring :X i wish to see something new something different...

whats the point of an auto crossbow in a game with guns already? Go back to nosgoth.

Kino

Kino

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15

Agreed and it seems like a really cool idea

Only I'd like it to be a KSG model please :)

This game is an awkward joke that you only laugh at out of pity.

notHunky

notHunky

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 13-July 11

Yes lever gun please.

Puffdragon

Puffdragon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1187 posts
  • Joined 30-April 12

I too would like to see a lever action gun, I am a big fan of spaghetti westerns so I would love that. Get to work on this please.

Big_Battery_Term_Caution.jpg

signature removed twice due to g1 gestapo

The Snood

The Snood

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 15-November 14

bump

The Snood

The Snood

Initiate