• Joined 01-November 11

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Played it for awhile, to slow paced for me. If people think FE is confusing, numbers are far more of a fuzzy bunny there without planners to show exactly what fittings give you what you're looking for.

Still have a logistics speced character and mostly played by using ISK. Not a bad game, but not my thing.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Dr Hurst

Dr Hurst

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11

Yeah, i don't think most of the FE crowd would like it, i love it though. :wub:

The similarities pretty much stop at good looking chars and no running in straight lines.

Still have a logistics speced character

Who'd have thought.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Yeah, i don't think most of the FE crowd would like it, i love it though. :wub:

The similarities pretty much stop at good looking chars and no running in straight lines.

Who'd have thought.

Well in truth it's Logistics, Stealth Bombing, and Drones.

And I went Logistics simply because they lacked it for lowsec and 0.0 runs. That and I can watch incoming damage, including spikes, which at least kept it more interesting than what it actually was.

Stealth Bombing is lame as gosh darn tho...

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Dr Hurst

Dr Hurst

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11
Stealth Bombing is lame as gosh darn tho...

Oh noes, i can't outheal this!

We even got single target void bombs now. :P

SunnyEmmerich

SunnyEmmerich

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

This game looks awesome, always wanted to give it a try... That reminds me aswell of the "word of darkness"  mmo project x_x I wish the project was still on..

MioEmmerich I SunnyEmmerich

Like a Bullet Train  

<3 - Wall of fame - <3

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Oh noes, i can't outheal this!

We even got single target void bombs now. :P

You can outheal it, if you're able to tank it. Problem is then it becomes a raw numbers game, damage of course will win simply because there is a breaking point where it will kill someone instantly.

I'm more-so talking about the stealth mechanic, there's no hard counters which is rather unheard of in any MMO.

Edited by Reaps989, 22 November 2014 - 07:10 AM.

Posted Image

Dr Hurst

Dr Hurst

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11

This game looks awesome, always wanted to give it a try... That reminds me aswell of the "word of darkness"  mmo project x_x I wish the project was still on..

Yeah, somehow i too have skirted around it for years. It was just recently that i realised i wasn't part of the target audience for most modern mmos anymore. Had this epiphany struck just a couple of weeks earlier, i would have gotten my name on the monument.

You can outheal it, if you're able to tank it. Problem is then it becomes a raw numbers game, damage of course will win simply because there is a breaking point where it will kill someone instantly.

Hu? Well on a broader scope i'd say there are simply more efficient counters for bomber fleets than logis, e.g. smartbombs. On the narrow scope of just damage vs. healing, the common counter to alpha strikes are rezzes, which eve doesn't have. Some games go even further to give healing the edge, e.g. having damage use hitscan and healing use tab targeting or giving heal AoEs FoF recognition. So i'd say the "problem" is more a matter of optimization towards one's preferred playstyle.

I'm more-so talking about the stealth mechanic, there's no hard counters which is rather unheard of in any MMO.

Yeah, there have been quite a bunch of "nerf afk cloaking"-threads on eve-o. I personally don't think a hard counter would fit the current meta though, having to spend some effort to find a cloaky is okay, it can't do anything anyway.

Re "unheard of in any MMO": I think defiance has it, but it's a neutral statement anyway.

Edited by Dr Hurst, 22 November 2014 - 11:20 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Yeah, somehow i too have skirted around it for years. It was just recently that i realised i wasn't part of the target audience for most modern mmos anymore. Had this epiphany struck just a couple of weeks earlier, i would have gotten my name on the monument.

Hu? Well on a broader scope i'd say there are simply more efficient counters for bomber fleets than logis, e.g. smartbombs. On the narrow scope of just damage vs. healing, the common counter to alpha strikes are rezzes, which eve doesn't have. Some games go even further to give healing the edge, e.g. having damage use hitscan and healing use tab targeting or giving heal AoEs FoF recognition. So i'd say the "problem" is more a matter of optimization towards one's preferred playstyle.

Yeah, there have been quite a bunch of "nerf afk cloaking"-threads on eve-o. I personally don't think a hard counter would fit the current meta though, having to spend some effort to find a cloaky is okay, it can't do anything anyway.

Re "unheard of in any MMO": I think defiance has it, but it's a neutral statement anyway.

Defiance has a cloak counter : Decoy Perk that reveals all cloaked players within 45m

You can still be shot if someone has an idea where you are, while in EVE you can only shoot what you have locked on (minus smartbombs... but that's obvious) which I'd never try to use a logistics to counter stealth bombers. It's just a cheesey tactic, especially considering somehow we have the technology to stealth but not to remove it?...

Posted Image

Dr Hurst

Dr Hurst

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11

It's just a cheesey tactic, especially considering somehow we have the technology to stealth but not to remove it?...

Cheese is in the eye of the beholder. I simply see it as a means for small people to fight the big guys, who otherwise will drop 30 archons on anything that merely looks at one of theirs threateningly. However i think discussing stealth bombers as a whole here is too wide an area to cover. There's already a small threadnaught about them here.

On the lore level: If we had the technology to break stealth, it's just the same as if we didn't have stealth in the first place. Stealth is the absence of means by which one could be located.

Defiance has a cloak counter : Decoy Perk that reveals all cloaked players within 45m

Oh yeah, had forgotten 'bout that one. Back when i played the meta in instanced pvp was pretty much permacloak and 2-shot everything with sawn-offs, which left some stilton in my eyes as well.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Cheese is in the eye of the beholder. I simply see it as a means for small people to fight the big guys, who otherwise will drop 30 archons on anything that merely looks at one of theirs threateningly. However i think discussing stealth bombers as a whole here is too wide an area to cover. There's already a small threadnaught about them here.

On the lore level: If we had the technology to break stealth, it's just the same as if we didn't have stealth in the first place. Stealth is the absence of means by which one could be located.

Oh yeah, had forgotten 'bout that one. Back when i played the meta in instanced pvp was pretty much permacloak and 2-shot everything with sawn-offs, which left some stilton in my eyes as well.

Yes it helps smaller groups, but I've never actually had an issue with Archons personally even in a smaller force. The biggest challenge is making sure your group doesn't have more derps than your enemy does :D

Ya stealth shotgun is kinda funny, can't say I never died to them but as soon as they shot I'd make my decoy absorb the second shot which then I'd kill them instantly :D

Decoy meatshield OP <3

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users