Jenna Cidal

Unused structures.

Over the years in FE I have explored a great deal but by no means all of the FE wasteland. I have discovered cloners, buildings and farms that where at one stage I would imagine destined to be in the game but where just left unfinished and abandoned. Fallen Earth has so much potential to become the best MMO out there regardless of its age.

I can bet that most players have never even ventured off the beaten track in their race to get to L55. Missing so much of what the original developers placed in the game world through their vision of what the game would become. It is exciting but at the same time disappointing finding a location in the middle of nowhere that has no use at all not even things to scavenge.

I would love all this content to become live.

Perhaps they used to serve a purpose to whatever that was in their vicinity, which may have been removed in past updates, and developers had not bothered to remove these structures.

I completely agree. Traveling the wastes I often see interesting structures and vignettes, but when I go to explore them, there's nothing there. Randomly occurring loot chests with just like a cool hat or some chips would give us a reason to explore the random satellite dishes and ruins that dot the canyon. 

K, look...thru the time some things was changed, true...yet, some was...abandonded, simply. Alot of content wasnt released, not finished mostly. So...at some point all of that will be back anyway, but its gonna take time.

To clarify - most of those places was...parts of the quests...was intended, anyway. So, to release all that, quests should be reintegrated/made anew, from scratch sometimes...thats a very hard job to do. Yet, fore all that, quest book/map rework should be made(and some of those quests r faction related, so faction rep rework first too), or there's chance u may simple walk past those quests:classic_dry:. Work in progress.

P.S. - I can clarify further, if needed.

Edited by Creeping Vulture

10 hours ago, Creeping Vulture said:

K, look...thru the time some things was changed, true...yet, some was...abandonded, simply. Alot of content wasnt released, not finished mostly. So...at some point all of that will be back anyway, but its gonna take time.

To clarify - most of those places was...parts of the quests...was intended, anyway. So, to release all that, quests should be reintegrated/made anew, from scratch sometimes...thats a very hard job to do. Yet, fore all that, quest book/map rework should be made(and some of those quests r faction related, so faction rep rework first too), or there's chance u may simple walk past those quests:classic_dry:. Work in progress.

Yes clarify this work in progress you and only you seem to know about please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dracio said:

Yes clarify this work in progress you and only you seem to know about please.

Glad someone said it before I had to ;)

Well...

Quest book rework - right now its quite limited. 30 quests (if my memory serves me well) and only one tab for all types of quests, which is pretty hard for newbies...and even some higher lvl players. For ex. u might recall S1 quest for Bankers...move a book thru S1 to Oasis. And this thing will stuck in ur book for a whole sector+u got -1slot in inv for alotta time. And, there's alot of this types of quests in early Sectors specially. Long chains, many quests, some of whom r hard, due to lvl of char etc. Solution is a diff tabs for a quest book. Standart tab goes to 50 cap/faction tab for 30-50 quests/repeatable tab/main quest line tab, which is quests like ATV chain/GlobalTech chain etc.

Though, due to requests, inv would have 2 new tabs, which is like...say, a diff inv mostly. 1 for quest items (added by tags, easy to do)/2nd for market items (though this one is uncertain atm, still).

Npc interaction - In the early development, there was n idea (alot of them actually, some didnt make it) to use special item, that u acquire as one of ur first steps in the game world, and that would be portable radio. It would allow u to interact with npcs from afar, say...talk to npc with a quest from...another town for ex. That would help alot with quests actually, since running back n forth from town to outskirts is annoying as hell:classic_laugh: Kills me every time. Problem with that idea was the way function works, and dist to npc...which is actually solvable atm, but...welp, at that moment idea simply died. That possibilty is quite intended for the idea im talking bout, overall.

Map rework - Atm map is mainly a simple art with some objects added on top of it. Yet, with the addition of the said ideas, afterall map will look like this - quests tag may be added as obj too. That means, u would be able to see every availible quest u have on a map. Color system will tell u which type it is. Usual/repeatable/faction/unavaliable (due to lvl/not nuff rep, etc).

Said features will help u to see all quests u have left, and interact with them from a dist (well, here is a bit of uncertainty too...but, probably, the dist will be almost inf...well, nuff to interact from every corner of a game).

I think thats what i meant. Some clarity might be added further if needed, since i can explain more precisely, how that would work/look (i didnt explained all of this from every point yet).

On 6/2/2018 at 5:55 AM, Creeping Vulture said:

Most boss quests are Instances which are removed from normal game play. A chest or some interesting piece of loot to find is not asking a lot even some high level mat nodes would be welcome, a simple reward for those interested enough in the actual game to go exploring.

• Like 1

Some of the houses or buildings would be nice ot be purchasable,honestly at some point if this game is firstly fixed bugs and all and even grafix if possible  housing is a long wanted feature...my clone atm usually had his "secret"base for his recuparation/repairing himself...or communities,something Edengrad wanted to do like players making their own small town....

7 hours ago, Caine_Saunders said:

Some of the houses or buildings would be nice ot be purchasable,honestly at some point if this game is firstly fixed bugs and all and even grafix if possible  housing is a long wanted feature...my clone atm usually had his "secret"base for his recuparation/repairing himself...or communities,something Edengrad wanted to do like players making their own small town....

While I always wanted player housing from day one... I don't see it In the cards now. The development resources would just not be justified when consider the player population. As to player made towns.. look no further than SWG ghost towns.

A bit of a late response for an old thread, but...
Back when G1 first acquired FE. I, like others were mad at the changes taking place. So in a Creeper Nip fueled rage one night I found myself stuck in a jagged map corner far to the south east that had nothing but slightly misplaced ground textures. No buildings, foliage or npcs to speak of and a great big pit due to terrain warping I was stuck in.

The real prize was when I opened my world map and saw that the space between the play area, and where I was could easily fit 1 and maybe a half more play areas. Width alone. And that's just in the direction facing me.
This was a while ago, so it might not be news. But the sheer size of the physical map just sitting there, empty: Well, it tickles my fancy to image what could have come (and now what might) if the game was just that much more popular.

Edited by Rowenfoxx