Anyone?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
We're probably going to play on EU... from what I hear.

I don't know the reasoning, but hopefully it won't be to bad for people who don't exactly have great internet. Since abilities which allow you to use via hold are actually greatly effected by ping. So if you lag on Archeage DO NOT play a class that uses combo abilities which can be channeled for main DPS, you will lose a huge chunk compared to someone without lag.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12
No Sod Off Yah Tween.

But yah Probably, i think a bunch of us are hopping over there looks fairly decent but eh we said the same thing about ESO and the PvP just got mommyasticly boring.

hZ8HJEd.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

No Sod Off Yah Tween.

But yah Probably, i think a bunch of us are hopping over there looks fairly decent but eh we said the same thing about ESO and the PvP just got mommyasticly boring.

To be fair ESO PVP was just silly in itself....

Secondary weapon is always a resto staff and AoE's win for days, not that single target damage/burst isn't viable.

The problem with ESO is that the PVP was all it had going for it, nothing else, and even then if your group planned to be in big fights you better have AoE's.... it made group specs really boring since it was mostly the same :(

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12

To be fair ESO PVP was just silly in itself....

Secondary weapon is always a resto staff and AoE's win for days, not that single target damage/burst isn't viable.

The problem with ESO is that the PVP was all it had going for it, nothing else, and even then if your group planned to be in big fights you better have AoE's.... it made group specs really boring since it was mostly the same :(

Well those Vet Group Dungeons were pretty fun.

hZ8HJEd.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Well those Vet Group Dungeons were pretty fun.

Stop making me tank.... :( while healing!

Edit : Also I am playing on Ollo simply because there are groups from Shadowbane playing there, if I'm gonna get decent fights it's damn sure going to be there.

Edited by Reaps989, 16 September 2014 - 10:54 AM.

Posted Image

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
I bet eu servers would be more fun anyways

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Maybe, I'll be on both Aier (EU) and Ollo (US)... but I'm sure I'll get more fights out of peeps from Shadowbane/UO than I would elsewhere.

Posted Image

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12

Might be, until we've tested how Ping is going to effect pvp then i can't say for sure. Did some reading about it and there have been multiple complaints that 150-200+ ping vs someone with 0-100 is pretty bad.Then again this is to be expected in this type of game. Wulin/Wushu was the same, Paying 2 subs for 2 different programs to lower+stabilze my ping was awesome lmfao.

hZ8HJEd.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Might be, until we've tested how Ping is going to effect pvp then i can't say for sure. Did some reading about it and there have been multiple complaints that 150-200+ ping vs someone with 0-100 is pretty bad.Then again this is to be expected in this type of game. Wulin/Wushu was the same, Paying 2 subs for 2 different programs to lower+stabilze my ping was awesome lmfao.

Ya... unsure why MMOs still allow clientside to control global cooldowns based on when the system msg is sent rather than it being all serverside.

Edit : Inb4NysekH4xArcheageGCD by Aroa Croft :P

Edited by Reaps989, 16 September 2014 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Also those wondering...

Ollo (US) : West faction (Humans and Elves)
Aier (EU) : West faction (Humans and Elves)

Posted Image

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
This game is too similar to RIFT, I think. In fact the whole UI is exactly the same along with the skills and even animations,

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Dr Hurst

Dr Hurst

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11
Hi Jack. :P

Tranquility(everyone cept China): Minmatar Republic

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
I just made a damn cat again xD!

This game doesn't look yet fun, Though i am only level 10 xD

The missions are set up for forward progression which i thought was nice.

Not sure if i'll get into this one

flyzardia

flyzardia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11
Played during alpha and it had some funny quirks but overall not my taste. Way too...korean mmo. Rainbow elephants, giant bunny npcs, pink heart healing animations, etc. From what I remember the leveling was super easy too as the main grind of the game was more about farm plots than anything else. Atleast they got the fish for weapons idea right.

Posted Image
Condemned leader: Flyzardi, Fivriaka, Cabuka, Flyzilla, Not Flyzardi

We die today brothers and sisters, we die crawling from a hundred snares with jet hammers in our necks and and ice shards in our guts. But our war cries will echo through the wasteland! Chota!

Wildcat Strike

Wildcat Strike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 08-November 12
I honestly don't like tab targeting for pvp. Some of archage looks ok, but just button mashing combos doesn't excite me :\ Let me know how it goes!

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
This won't last long for any of us i think. People don't like mashing buttons, tab targeting.. For heretic, only soo many boat ganks you can do until you get bored.. right? XD

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
Queue 3000+ in queue
Wait time > 1 hour

Uhh fook dat...

Uninstall xD

+ All servers on a Queue..

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12

Queue 3000+ in queue
Wait time > 1 hour

Uhh fook dat...

Uninstall xD

I was there for almost 8 hours in Queue :P Gave me time to work on some designs i guess.

hZ8HJEd.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Eh still not bad but I admit the queue times are insane... you'd think they'd notice the Russian and KR servers have 24 servers each. While US and EU only have 8?... derp.

Still going to play, isn't like anyone's giving us fights here. Maybe all of Poker and Nightmare finally rage hacked, completely, rather than only teaming 2-4 of them we'd have a decent fight.

Since once a botter drops it's clear there's no challenge left.

Edit : US has 26 thousands players waiting in queue across 8 servers, over 3k each and 4k for one server. EU has 12k, hopefully they will open more servers soon or at least increase the cap.

Edited by Reaps989, 17 September 2014 - 02:14 PM.

Posted Image

Wariwulf

Wariwulf

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Joined 26-May 11
Downloading... Will try it tomorrow if the queue is not that big :)
Fallen Earth Videos : http://www.youtube.com/TheWariwulf/
Mon Blog Fallen Earth (en Français): http://fallenearthby....wordpress.com/

Lalypad - Wariwulf - Cliff Hunger

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Queue 3000+ in queue
Wait time > 1 hour

Uhh fook dat...

Uninstall xD

A real shame... Same ordeal happened with Defiance. Good thing is the queue actually serves a good purpose, it prevents overload and I'd prefer to wait the queue and play seamlessly than to deal with... What we already deal with here in FE... Lag... Disconnects... Server crashes. I hope they have it all fixed sooner than later. Anyone else experiencing weird lag/stutter after exiting ArcheAge? It's almost as if they're offloading their bandwidth load onto idling user computers... Lol

oum60z.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

A real shame... Same ordeal happened with Defiance. Good thing is the queue actually serves a good purpose, it prevents overload and I'd prefer to wait the queue and play seamlessly than to deal with... What we already deal with here in FE... Lag... Disconnects... Server crashes. I hope they have it all fixed sooner than later. Anyone else experiencing weird lag/stutter after exiting ArcheAge? It's almost as if they're offloading their bandwidth load onto idling user computers... Lol

Most likely their mommyty anti-hack... another reason it's hated.

Posted Image

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Most likely their mommyty anti-hack... another reason it's hated.

Probably. After checking their forums I see a lot of people having long game launch time as well as weird lag requiring them to restart PC after exiting the game. Guess I'll wait a couple of weeks or until I hear it's fixed before playing this game more regularly. Really don't want to be hindered by bugs... Bad enough I still play FE.

oum60z.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Probably. After checking their forums I see a lot of people having long game launch time as well as weird lag requiring them to restart PC after exiting the game. Guess I'll wait a couple of weeks or until I hear it's fixed before playing this game more regularly. Really don't want to be hindered by bugs... Bad enough I still play FE.

Agreed, sad part is FE could be a lot better if they stopped focusing on new rather than fix everything it currently has. Since there's a reason we might see 200ish people on now adays across all sectors.

Posted Image

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12
Well we had our first "PvP" experience last night on a trade run. After handing over the goods with out contest we had a look around and ended up finding a lonely player that we ganked, turns out he had about 20 friends who in turn ganked us... Well the rest of our guys apart from my self who had killed one of them before getting away on my Glider and going into stealth. I was unsuccessful in sneaking my way back to our guys who had just spawned, mostly because i didn't realise that if you were up close to a player while using the shadowplay Stealth skill they can see you. Needless to say being cocky and trying to sneak past all 20 of them as they rode across the beach wasn't a very good idea.

I'll probably record some of our adventures in the future.

hZ8HJEd.png

Shiu

Shiu

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12
Each Trade run is often à lot of fun, be it beacause of comms or pvp, Archeage doesnt disapoint at all, that game is great

Maylin

Maylin

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 05-September 14
I <3 ArcheAge, it really is a lot of fun! And the queues for servers are fixed, AFK time is limited to 5 mins and there are more servers :)

Twinkle Star

Twinkle Star

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 23-January 14

Played during alpha and it had some funny quirks but overall not my taste. Way too...korean mmo. Rainbow elephants, giant bunny npcs, pink heart healing animations, etc. From what I remember the leveling was super easy too as the main grind of the game was more about farm plots than anything else. Atleast they got the fish for weapons idea right.

QF9PA3c.jpg

Vinnie playing too?)

dastalbanner_zpstrcug6va.png?t=143182108

ShroomZie

ShroomZie

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-December 14

I would tell you all to check out Bless when it comes out, or Black Desert. Both of these titles look like phonomenal games.

Wariwulf

Wariwulf

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Joined 26-May 11
Next, game is on the way to death !

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12

Next, game is on the way to death !

Yeah, it deffinately feels like it's burning out pretty quick now. With no new players coming in and mommy being so god damn expencive. That and for some reason PvP outside of halcy wars has become stale. At least on the servers i play on. Checking out Ollo to see how much action there is there but i doubt it will be much different. 1.7 may bring people back though, who knows.

hZ8HJEd.png

Wariwulf

Wariwulf

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Joined 26-May 11

Guess what, i re-sub on Dark Age Of Camelot... Best RvR ever ! Still keeping an eye on Repopulation. I've made few vids of AA anyway: (Generally, watching vids make me want to log in... not for this game ^^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u9AeslaOmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1pRGd0cc7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPq0J0tmXlQ

Edited by Wariwulf, 31 January 2015 - 09:46 AM.

flyzardia

flyzardia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11

Returned to Archeage for the past few months. Still wouldn't recommend it for various reasons but it has kept us occupied and ranting together in coms.

Here's a vid of some of our adventures and pvp:

http://youtu.be/6oRtBrtb7vI

Also tried to seige a castle for the first time last week. 83 people between a few guilds in teamspeak, 3 fps, connection drops, heal abilities that wouldn't fire, not enough dps to take the castle in time..."pvp" I think they call it lol

Condemned leader: Flyzardi, Fivriaka, Cabuka, Flyzilla, Not Flyzardi

We die today brothers and sisters, we die crawling from a hundred snares with jet hammers in our necks and and ice shards in our guts. But our war cries will echo through the wasteland! Chota!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users