Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Hello happy.gif
First of all, remember that all the stuff of the game is property of G1.
Please avoid to post question about "ohmywhatareyoudoing!youwillbeburnedlikewitch!"
This is a little corner for who want to give a bit more of life on its character.
With patience,and little steps ,you will be able to know simple skills of 3D modelling,posing,animation.

first lesson: Learn the base of Blender. Tutorial. (Download Blender Here)

tool: Noesis download here   convert the files from rip to obj.

first exercise : Learn to transform a cube in a sferic shape, with the commands of tool's panel. (you need only 4 passages, u did it? perfect!)

second lesson: Learn how to create object. Tutorial.
second exercise: Learn how to duplicate and parent object, and how to add simple armatures(bones for posing) using automatic weight and empty groups (6 passages, no more!)

third lesson: Learn how to add pictures on the object (mesh) with UVmap
third exercise: Create a Soda bottle, a Milk box, a plan with picture. (4 passages for each one! no more! nuubs XD)

fourth and last lesson (for now) : fix camera, light, ambient.
fourth: create a passage from day light to night (2 click)

after this easy (less than 3 hour) training, u will be able to work on model without fear of destroy it with irreversable damages happy.gif

How to extract:

frequently issues:
1) the texture is total wrong! fingers are printed in the chest, and legs in the arms!
you have to convert .rip files of noesis to .obj with Uv flip ON

2) half of face is gone!
you have to search again in the noesis folder ,u need 4 pieces; hair, eyelash,half face, body and face.

3) i try to add armature with automatic weight (ctrl P) , but the movements are total wrong! mesh seems wreck!
when you weld your pieces (after the assignment of material) u have to remove double AND recalculate normals, or the direction of weight will be total random.
be sure that the model be in x,y,z location of (0,0,0 , simply select it and Alt+G, alt+R for rotation default) ,move armature,modify it, and parent, or Blender will be add the local position to every movement of the bones

4) eyelash are total black!
did u checked uv map of eyelash? modify it

5)the skirt is moving well, but the legs are total broken.
split the model from skirt, and add it after automatic weight with empty groups, use weight paint for define.

6) faceanimation looks ugly.
cause is real hard do it. remember to clear weight when a bone touch face's zones out of is influence (example: the upper eyelash could not move also the lower)
remeber also that human face use movement of millimeters, centimeters, a little mistake could transform a smile in a ogre yell)

7) i press f12 and the picture is pixeled
go to render options, change setting of AA (8x) and increase/decrease picture %format (usually 30% for quick test,100% for final result)

8)new i canT see the texture in the normal viewport and neither in Blender game!! only in render F12!
go to UV map editing, u will find that the Entire map is posed exactly down the picture of texture, simply press A and then grab (press G) and press Y for align the Uvmap of model in Y axys, so it will be shown also in normal viewport when you select "textureview" instead of "solidview"
9)new possible wrong result when parenting a mesh to a skeleton:

Spoiler

how to fix:

before connect a Skeleton to a Mesh;

Mesh Must be in locationWorld (0.0,0) (select it ,and press Alt+G, and Alt+R,also Alt+S)

The skeleton must be in REST- position (this means no bones must be moved by his original location, select skeleton, GO in Pose mode , press ALT+r,s,g)

now that the scene got the object "clean" ------------> modify (ONLY IN EDIT MODE) the skeleton for fit at best the mesh, care about, hands, face ,foots

Now you can Parent the Mesh(also more than one)  to the Skeleton.

Post here your questions , answer will be fast.

Edited by Queen of Love, 01 October 2015 - 03:26 AM.

Jenz/Amaka

Jenz/Amaka

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2277 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11
Goodie thread.

3) i try to add armature with automatic weight (ctrl P) , but the movements are total wrong! mesh seems wreck!
when you weld your pieces (after the assignment of material) u have to remove double AND recalculate normals, or the direction of weight will be total random.

I never used recalculate normals, I just Mirror the model in X-axis and it's fixed.

| Imgur Album | DeviantArt | The Biggest APB Group Photo  |   ifAZZ.gif   -   and yes, I am male ffs :V

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Goodie thread.

I never used recalculate normals, I just Mirror the model in X-axis and it's fixed.

sometime this happens, not always, maybe depends for the passages between scaling .obj and posing armature.

Ponchoo

Ponchoo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13
Finally I find tutorial, thanks you

J5nHmBK.jpg

supermariobrothe

supermariobrothe

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
I do everything according to the tutorial and get an inject failed error :C

Posted Image

Roxl

Roxl

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Joined 16-September 12

I do everything according to the tutorial and get an inject failed error :C

Did you run NinjaRipper as Administrator?

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Did you run NinjaRipper as Administrator?

this^

supermariobrothe

supermariobrothe

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Ohhhhhh.... I feel dumb now :D

It works, now only problem is that every time i rip a model, he screen turns black and i cant do anything anymore, gotta quit and start the game again for every model i wanna rip, any ideas?

Also im having a bit of a problem with all the textures being half transparent in places, like i tried to rip my car and the normal maps have parts of them cut out where the decals are placed on the car, do i need to use f9 or try to rip it again from the car display stand instead of the editor?

Edited by supermariobrothe, 15 August 2014 - 06:18 AM.

Posted Image

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

do you have a 32bit OS? --->you need a 64b for best performance
materials of car----> set alpha as 1.000 in the texture blue (the normal map) but i suggest to do more test one value at time for learn pratice. expecially for wheels material. i had some issue similar with some special effect in some car, like the perlescent and metalized effect.

supermariobrothe

supermariobrothe

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
i have a 64bit
where do i set alpha? image editor or does ninja ripper has some option for that?

Posted Image

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

in Blender, you can use a channel for every "set" of the texture. There is one called alpha for the material, and one for the texture ,that "active" the alpha instead of all material.

for example: a transparent image got an alpha channel. for example a donuts with a hole.
if u use this texture on a material total transparent, the channel aplha of texture will make visible the color and total transparent the alpha transparent zone, like the hole.
if u remove the texture for the alpha setting, all material will become again total transparent.

do pratice with the easyest thing, will be an help for simple issues.

Edited by Queen of love, 15 August 2014 - 05:19 PM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Mini_Survey:
Which kind of minigame you would like to have in APBR?

1) volleyball/ ball game

2) Shooting range _1st winner!

3) survival zombie 2nd

4) APB wrestiling

5) Puzzle

6) dancing game like bust_a_groove

7) volleyball with wrestling moves versus zombie's team and shooting weapon's special attack if a puzzle is completed during dancing's ball service

cause i'm trying to do an program happy.gif but i really would make something that community could enjoy in next future.

Edited by Queen of love, 03 October 2014 - 10:29 PM.

supermariobrothe

supermariobrothe

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Shooting range and zombies sounds nice.

Posted Image

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

Mini_Survey:
Which kind of minigame you would like to have in APBR?

1) volleyball/ ball game

APB: Extreme Beach Volleyball :D

Hmm... I have an idea... Just need to find/make a scene for Blender.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

APB: Extreme Beach Volleyball :D

Hmm... I have an idea... Just need to find/make a scene for Blender.

do you need my beach volley ground? PM me.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

http://www.4shared.c...ksr1_1_1_D.html
mini game updated

Memes

Memes

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
My God, thank you for this. I haven't noticed it until now

t00IYBIl.png

Union - NAMemes - Criminal | Shamundi - Enforcer | Synoko - Enforcer

Citadel - EUSynoko - Criminal

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

currently working on a base AI for dynamic enemy on map (^_^ )''

to do list:

1) sensors, regulation

2) attack - defense skills

to complete:

1) setting map events (wave#1,2...level start, finish line,goal,message's board)

2) update the aim system with a simpler computation (for avoid ghost shots)

for the fans that want help, volontary:

1) create various not-human (but always biped) special characters.

2) create weapons with a indepent counter of : ammo,magazine'ammo,hit range, hit ratio,reloading time. 

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

possible wrong result:

Spoiler

how to fix:

before connect a Skeleton to a Mesh;

Mesh Must be in locationWorld (0.0,0) (select it ,and press Alt+G, and Alt+R,also Alt+S)

The skeleton must be in REST- position (this means no bones must be moved by his original location, select skeleton, GO in Pose mode , press ALT+r,s,g)

now that the scene got the object "clean" ------------> modify (ONLY IN EDIT MODE) the skeleton for fit at best the mesh, care about, hands, face ,foots

Now you can Parent the Mesh(also more than one)  to the Skeleton.

Edited by Queen of love, 09 October 2014 - 01:40 PM.

Vegamarks

Vegamarks

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 10-September 14

Okay when I do append. Nothing happens. I used the skeletons given in the link of the video. I followed the path in the video and no skeleton shows when I append.

P.S: I didn't wanted to double post so I just edited this.

Edited by Vegamarks, 02 November 2014 - 08:22 PM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

the skeleton is present in the list of object of the scene? (in the menu called Outliner 8831.image_7BF4F1B1.png)

if yes : try to press ALT+H cause should be hidden. then alt +R,S,G for reset scale , rotation and location

also , try to see where the cursor detect its position

NOTE: press N in 3d view port views-LL-corner.pngand set in VIEW ---> clip: Start:0.1 and END to 10000 (10k) cause maybe your viewport is setting too stretch and you will unable to see it if you dont "extend your range of view)

if not in Outliner: try again to append by selecting INSIDE the blend.file-> object folder (not armatures!!! armatures contains only the skeleton's data! not the skeleton itself) --->Skeleton Object! 

i hope it appears now XD

Vegamarks

Vegamarks

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 10-September 14

Okay found the skeleton!!! Now time to get to work! Thanks!

In the video, it showed that if you work on one side of the skeleton it automatically lines up to what you put. For me I have to manually put them together on each side differently and it feels unaligned. How do you do that?

Another thing is that if I do export the model, the textures of it wont show. How can I fix that? 

Edited by Vegamarks, 02 November 2014 - 09:33 PM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

alignment:

select skeleton

select in Edit mode the Bones from each side toghter.

now, you have to be able to move it only using the SCALing-press S- (in single axys at once, NEVER in all axys, just press X,Y,Z one time for world axys , use this, or when you will be more pratic , also the local axys, pressing twice X,Y,Z) 

note: you can also use the grab (pressing G) for move them all toghter but ONLY in lateral view, cause is the only "omogenic" axys for each side. (character profile side view usually is the numpad3 or ctrl+numpad3)

there is a command for modify in Xmirror axys, but it works only if Right side and Left side have the last letter "recognizable" for Blender as mirrored bones (example Hand_L ,Hand_R , Foot_L , Foot_R)

for the texture:

search which material is assigned to model ripped in properties window.Blender_2.59_Properties_ico.png (should be called tex_00100 something similar) 

you will note that there is neither one texture inside.

you have to put the textures inside the material.

go to texture menu (is the next near the  icon sfere of material, seems a square with balckwhite little pixels inside)

select IMAGE TYPE and load the colored .DDS file that have the colors of your character. and set it as diffuse 1.000, alpha 1.000,  intensity spec 0.5 clor spec 1.000 hardness 1.000 select mapping as UV (not generated)

go in a free slot of texture and select the 2nd texture, the blue, is the bump/normal map it will simulate relief and clothes, this time load it as image again, and go in normal 0.3 , go in image mapping and set UV mapped (NOT generated) and select normal with a V inside the box)

you should see it, maybe wrong colors, but correct.

Vegamarks

Vegamarks

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 10-September 14

for the texture:

search which material is assigned to model ripped in properties window.Blender_2.59_Properties_ico.png (should be called tex_00100 something similar) 

you will note that there is neither one texture inside.

you have to put the textures inside the material.

go to texture menu (is the next near the  icon sfere of material, seems a square with balckwhite little pixels inside)

select IMAGE TYPE and load the colored .DDS file that have the colors of your character. and set it as diffuse 1.000, alpha 1.000,  intensity spec 0.5 clor spec 1.000 hardness 1.000 select mapping as UV (not generated)

go in a free slot of texture and select the 2nd texture, the blue, is the bump/normal map it will simulate relief and clothes, this time load it as image again, and go in normal 0.3 , go in image mapping and set UV mapped (NOT generated) and select normal with a V inside the box)

you should see it, maybe wrong colors, but correct.

No, I can see the textures in the viewport (and knew that before) But when I export the model, the textures are not there...

EDIT: Okay I finished the skeleton part but when I go to pose mode, the skeleton won't move and there is no error message.

Edited by Vegamarks, 06 November 2014 - 09:51 PM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

textures----> you have to check inside the folder "Frame" inside "Ripper" check the files .DDS if you can see it in viewport (of Blender? is it? cause Noesis show you the textures, but donT transfer it when you export to OBJwave format.

you have to import the OBJ and after create the material. and assign the textures.

the skeleton should have a menu with a little dummy, click it and check if is selected "REST POSITION" cause this is a condition for have the skeleton in "hold on" mode, change REST POsition in Pose position.

Vegamarks

Vegamarks

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 10-September 14

the skeleton should have a menu with a little dummy, click it and check if is selected "REST POSITION" cause this is a condition for have the skeleton in "hold on" mode, change REST POsition in Pose position.

It is already on pose position, it just the character doesn't move when i manipulate the armature.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

you have to parent the character mesh to armature with CTRL+P and automatic weights (excepet, mouth parts, tongue, eyes,hair, smallest devices)

Vegamarks

Vegamarks

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 10-September 14

you have to parent the character mesh to armature with CTRL+P and automatic weights (excepet, mouth parts, tongue, eyes,hair, smallest devices)

Okay thanks, it wasnt working before but now I got it! Again thank you! I'll come back if I have trouble still.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

you have to see again the Jenz Video, my tips are all listed there.

pay attention ! XD

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Bump.

Annily

Annily

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14

soon max tutorials are coming from Kelly!  :)

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

soon max tutorials are coming from Kelly!  :)

i have first to remember how to turn light on the scene in rendering XD

(i forgot everything about 3dmax XD)

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

WIP:

From APBR to L4D2.

l4d2-zombieclose-1.jpg

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

to do:

decompile.

fix skeleton group as python modifier.

compile.

audio pack.

ofoiab.jpg

Skylusion

Skylusion

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15

Hello,

I've come a long way with rendering and rigging, the only thing that happens to me now is that in Pose mode as soon as i move body parts it seems that it wont keep the original body mass*, this perspective the Left Arm ( right arm ), pic explains

GhdHylt.png

Edited by Skylusion, 16 January 2015 - 01:45 AM.

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

Hello,

I've come a long way with rendering and rigging, the only thing that happens to me now is that in Pose mode as soon as i move body parts it seems that it wont keep the original body mass*, this perspective the Left Arm ( right arm ), pic explains

GhdHylt.png

Mirror the model along the  X axis.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

check if the arms have influence by another bones.

Skylusion

Skylusion

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15

maybe i asked it wrongly haha, As soon as i move the arm it will move like this:

Is that normal or ?

u2iYONI.png

SdDi0to.png

Skylusion

Skylusion

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15

check if the arms have influence by another bones.

The only bones it has are from the Normal Skeleton V6 the 2 in the arm

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8330 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

the forearm influences also the upper arm.

that's wrong

try to assign to the deformed upper arm an heavy weight from his bone and try to remove the influnce of forearm (use edit mode for be faster)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users