349 replies to this topic

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

Our writing and care are the same because we collaborated on the AN-94 idea that PrincessLuna had in another thread :P
And thanks for the compliment!

I wish I had a better understanding of the accuracy, fire rate, and movement speed, I'd do the same if I could.

WHAT DID YOU HONESTLY EXPECT THOUGH?

Exfluence

Exfluence

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • Joined 13-October 13

I wish I had a better understanding of the accuracy, fire rate, and movement speed, I'd do the same if I could.

APBDB is your friend.
I also learned how to calculate weapon bloom (I think) here.
Also, would be cool if I could more opinions on that suggestion I linked. :P
/shamelessplugin

Edited by NicholasGrayfox, 02 May 2014 - 09:58 AM.

I am on hiatus from APB until the Engine Upgrade releases.

Exfluence - ExfIuence - Jericho (NA)

76561198004697637.png

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
how do i link a word that will take someone straight to the post it's linked to? id love to put the detailed ideas on the front but thats a lot of space for one gun. also is there a way i can link words to pictures?

im still new to all of this

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Scavenger | HIVE | Jericho

Exfluence

Exfluence

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • Joined 13-October 13

how do i link a word that will take someone straight to the post it's linked to? id love to put the detailed ideas on the front but thats a lot of space for one gun. also is there a way i can link words to pictures?

im still new to all of this

At the top-right corner of the post, you will see a number that is preceded by a #. Click on it, and the forum will open up an alert with a link you can copy.
In the reply tool above the text box, you can click "Insert link". Copy the URL into the area and type whatever text you want.
For example:

AN-94: See PrincessLuna's post.
KSG: See NicholasGrayfox's post.

76561198004697637.png

Alk

Alk

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Joined 11-March 14
Scoped CR-5 as a M4 rifle with scope.

NFAS 12 need a full reskin of its model as Saiga 12 preferably - considering NFAS is supposed to be a Russian-inspired company, and the Saiga 12 happens to be just that.
As an alternative skin, it ought have a AA 12 or a USAS 12 model.

The old model ought just be destroyed. It looks like a toy.

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10297 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10
Still want an M60 reskin of the Alig.

Do it, RG! Just do it!

Exfluence

Exfluence

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • Joined 13-October 13
I was playing CS:GO and using the Galil AR....until Steam's servers went down for routine maintenance.
And that's when I realized that the Galil AR would make an awesome reskin of the ATAC with a new firing sound.

76561198004697637.png

Abduct / Devote

Abduct / Devote

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

I don't want any more machine pistols. RPGs that are affected by wind though? What wind?

But yeah, machine pistols nothx. I get sick of them enough, even if I don't vocally say it.

Edited by Abduct / Devote, 02 May 2014 - 08:17 PM.

I play by the names: Abduct Devote Feign Beneath

vOfzpRF.jpg

the anubis is a rifle and has a 3 shot ttk

lol ^

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11
So, gunna dial back to my previous post with the LTL weapon suggestions...

Any feedback on those? Grayfox? Kukki? Pack?

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

At the top-right corner of the post, you will see a number that is preceded by a #. Click on it, and the forum will open up an alert with a link you can copy.
In the reply tool above the text box, you can click "Insert link". Copy the URL into the area and type whatever text you want.
For example:

AN-94: See PrincessLuna's post.
KSG: See NicholasGrayfox's post.

thanks imma work on this now hoping i dont screw up again and have random sheet all over the place and then waste 5min fixing it all xD

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

I don't want any more machine pistols. RPGs that are affected by wind though? What wind?

But yeah, machine pistols nothx. I get sick of them enough, even if I don't vocally say it.

they can in real life and its just a small handicap to help with the "no charge time" as well as the arc and smaller blast radius...in real life the RPG was made for anti-armor so its explosive power is focused on the impact zone to increase maximum penetration of heavy armor, and since its just a fancy designed grenade it doesn't have any real guidance system except for its tail part but thats just to keep it from flying all over the place

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

Stabba - SESP-11

The SESP-11, or Swift Engagement Stun Pistol, is the prototype model for a less-than-lethal weapon that can rival the speed of lethal weapons in target suppression. Officers are often slow to the draw when using less-than-lethal weapons and this is Stabba's answer to their call. The SESP can fire 4 electrically charged cartridges in rapid succession that can deliver about 700-1000 volts at .03 amps, 2 joules each. This gives the SESP the capability of suppressing targets at very fast speeds. However, the short barrel limits its range to close quarters and the loading mechanism can only hold four cartridges at a time, requiring frequent reloading.

Damage
Health Damage: 70
Stamina Damage: 275
Hard Damage: 44
Drop-off Range: 20m
Minimum Damage Range: 45m
Maximum Range: 55m
Minimum Damage %: 45%

Ammo
Ammo Capacity: 36
Magazine Capacity: 4

I'd imagine this weapon to work like a weaker, less accurate pig. I can imagine a small bloom and swift recovery to limit its range, while still staying accurate in close quarters. Of course, it would do far less stamina damage as well. The RoF would perhaps be around the PMGs, semi-auto of course, for comparison, so it's not insanely fast, but reasonable enough to keep up... A somewhat fast reload and draw time could really make this weapon to live up to it's name.

Stabba - SDSR-24

It's not rare to find yourself out-matched in a close engagement while using a less-than-lethal weapon, especially if you're dealing with an SMG or a shotgun. That is where the Short Distance Suppression Rifle comes into play. Stabba's SDSR-24 uses rubber bullets instead of bean-bags to that of it's counterpart, the CCG. These smaller, lighter rounds enable the SDSR to not only hold more ammunition than the CCG, it can also have a higher cyclic rate, resulting in a faster rate of fire. However, due to the nature of the rounds, they tend to spread in random directions at range. The weight also effects their stopping power, giving it a much lighter punch.

Damage
Health Damage: 15
Stamina Damage: 100
Hard Damage: 0
Drop-off Range: 25m
Minimum Damage Range: 45m
Maximum Range: 50m
Minimum Damage %: 65%

Ammo
Ammo Capacity: 240
Magazine Capacity: 40

This would be a pretty interesting weapon. I'd imagine it'd look very similar to what it looks like in the picture, large magazine and all.
It would fire perhaps... around an N-tec with cooling jacket 3, but no faster than on OCA. It would have some pretty decent accuracy, but nothing you can really precisely aim with. It'd act much more like an SMG than a rifle at all. The bloom wouldn't reach its max point quickly, but after about 15 to 20 rounds of continuous spray, it'd reach it's max, being a healthy size bigger, but nothing too horrible.

I really think these guns could bring some more fun into the LTL weapon category. Then idea though, is to keep 'em a bit weaker and less effective than lethal weapons, while not making them gimped, so we can keep the risk vs. reward style gameplay that LTL offers. Of course, my stats are not set in stone and I'd love to dispute them. What do you think?

I haven't written any movement or accuracy stats because I don't have too much of idea of what is what, besides, I'm terrible at math.

lol congrats on opening up a new section i didnt even think of for some reason (and i only play enf)

Edited by The Pack, 29 May 2014 - 02:22 PM.

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

Glad to see that our brainchild is still alive. :P
Anyway,
I'm actually surprised that no one has suggested a slug shotgun yet. I had the idea in the back of my mind, but didn't bother writing it down until now.
It would look something similar to the KSG:

Name: Obeya SSG

The Slug Shot Gun is Obeya's debut into the shotgun market. Instead of firing a spread of pellets like the Joker and Colby models, the SSG fires one large slug for massive damage to infantry and vehicles alike. The issue is, however, that the user must make each shot count in close-quarters lest they fall victim to the weapon's low refire rate.

Calculated
Time to Kill: 0.70s
Shots to Kill: 2

Damage
Health Damage: 670
Stamina Damage: 420
Hard Damage: 160
Drop-off Range: 20m
Minimum Damage Range: 40m
Maximum Range: 100m
Minimum Damage %: 30%

Equip Time: 0.80s
Fire Interval: 0.700s
Reload Time: 0.70s

Accuracy
Accuracy Radius at 10m: 12cm
Per Shot Modifier: 1
Shot Modifier Cap: 2
Recovery Delay: 0.50
Recovery Per Second: 4
Crouch Modifier: 1
Walk Modifier: 1.20
Run Modifier: 2.10
Sprint Modifier: 1.50
Jump Modifier: 4
Marksman Modifier: 0.60

Movement Speed
Crouched Speed: 90 cm/s
Walk/Marksman Speed: 275 cm/s
Run Speed: 412.50 cm/s
Sprint Speed: 600 cm/s

Ammo
Ammo Capacity: 24
Magazine Capacity: 8

Looks nice on paper, but constructive criticism is always welcome.

maybe it can have an arc like the 8ball/brick and become a 1 shot at say 90m+ after all slugs arent exactly bullets (just me wanting the 8ball/brick early)

Edited by The Pack, 29 May 2014 - 02:23 PM.

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

maybe it can have an arc like the 8ball/brick and become a 1 shot at say 90m+ after all slugs arent exactly bullets (just me wanting the 8ball/brick early)

Like a slightly less powerful brick launcher?

Instead of making the SSG a brick gun, why not suggest a new weapon and have both?

like.... uh...

A GL remesh or remodel that acts like a pneumatic debris launcher!

It already makes a satisfying "PUHM!" noise! Why not have a compressed air cannon that fires bricks, eightballs, small lead balls, rocks, ect...

I would imagine they would work similarly to the thrown bricks, although, since you have a gun that can be aimed and launched more effectively than throwing, make them a bit less powerful than the thrown ones, to even it out a bit.

THAT, would be a FUN-patootie gun

Edited by Raptros, 03 May 2014 - 02:48 AM.

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
im still on that rubber bullet gun.....god i love that idea

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

im still on that rubber bullet gun.....god i love that idea

Haha! I'm strangely attracted to it too. If I had to choose but a few weapons on this list, I'd def choose the two LTL guns.

If only there was a way to mess with the files and try this gun!

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12
When suggesting LTL weapons, remember that the actual damage taken in-game is reduced by 15% !

Edited by Nitronik, 03 May 2014 - 01:24 PM.

The Greatest / Best clan ever is now RECRUITING!

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

When suggesting LTL weapons, remember that the actual damage taken in-game is reduced by 15% !

Because of the built in monolith and all?

That aside, I was hoping for the weapons to do the damage I suggested, give or take if needed, to the base APB player. So, after running through the built in mods and all, the listed damage would be its final damage.

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11
bump

Exfluence

Exfluence

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • Joined 13-October 13

[*]P90 - similar to the ACES but with a built in mod giving it 50 bullets but a higher bloom rate with slightly less recovery making.

Actually, I think the P90 would be a fantastic reskin of the Colby M-1922.

Name: Joker RFW

Functionally identical to the Colby M-1922, the Rapid Fire Weapon is an icon of the infamous Cold War. After it had ended, the weapons sat in European bunkers for over 20 years until Joker Distributions "found" them and shipped them into San Paro. Many denizens have already learned that one needs to be properly braced if the weapon wants to show any form of accuracy.

76561198004697637.png

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

Functionally identical to the Colby M-1922, the Rapid Fire Weapon is an icon of the infamous Cold War. After it had ended, the weapons sat in European bunkers for over 20 years until Joker Distributions "found" them and shipped them into San Paro. Many denizens have already learned that one needs to be properly braced if the weapon wants to show any form of accuracy.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Michelle V

Michelle V

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 30-March 14

Despite being completely unlike its real world counter-part, if this needs to happen to get a P90, then I guess I'm okay with it.

An Aces reskin which had some kind of preset blue mod to make it have 50 rounds in the magazine would of been better in my opinion.

P90 in real life is a fast shooting, highly accurate, and no recoil SMG/PDW (Pretty close to the ACES). It has a "long barrel version" which is the civilian variant. That could be the aces rifle reskin, and obviously the standard size P90 would be the aces smg reskin.

We're already at the point of no return when it comes to firearms in this game acting like their real world counter-parts. As long as we get more gun model variation.

Edited by Michelle V, 06 May 2014 - 04:22 AM.

I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' face fixers, who'll go to work on tubgirl's face here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
G36c Drum would make a lovely LMG Legendary

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Edited by The Pack, 06 May 2014 - 09:19 AM.

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Exfluence

Exfluence

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • Joined 13-October 13

Despite being completely unlike its real world counter-part, if this needs to happen to get a P90, then I guess I'm okay with it.

An Aces reskin which had some kind of preset blue mod to make it have 50 rounds in the magazine would of been better in my opinion.

P90 in real life is a fast shooting, highly accurate, and no recoil SMG/PDW (Pretty close to the ACES). It has a "long barrel version" which is the civilian variant. That could be the aces rifle reskin, and obviously the standard size P90 would be the aces smg reskin.

We're already at the point of no return when it comes to firearms in this game acting like their real world counter-parts. As long as we get more gun model variation.

I was considering making the weapon from scratch, but I decided to go with the reskin.
However, now that you mentioned it, I could make a new gun using the P90 as its base when I get back home from my final today.

Edit: Here we are.

Name: Joker Obeya RFW

Obeya wanted to bridge the gap between Submachine Guns and Assault Carbines, and the Rapid Fire Weapon is the result of that desire. It is used as a personal defense weapon for vehicle crews with San Paro's high amount of vehicle combat. Enforcers picked them up for VIP protection since they were easily manuverable in vehicles, and Criminals stole some shipments for themselves. (Credit goes to AshelyNeko for helping me revise the description.)

Calculated
Time to Kill: 0.67s
Shots to Kill: 11

Damage
Health Damage: 95
Stamina Damage: 20
Hard Damage: 12
Dropoff Range: 30m
Min Damage Range: 50m
Max Range: 100m
Minimum Damage %: 30%

Equip Time: 0.80s
Fire Interval: 0.067s
Reload Time: 2.50s

Accuracy
Accuracy Radius at 10m: 25cm
Per Shot Modifier: 0.36
Shot Modifier Cap: 2.05
Recovery Delay: 0
Recovery Per Second: 5
Crouch Modifier: 1
Walk Modifier: 1
Run Modifier: 1.10
Sprint Modifier: 1.50
Jump Modifier: 4
Marksman Modifier: 0.7

Movement Speed
Crouched Speed: 90 cm/s
Walk/Marksman Speed: 330 cm/s
Run Speed: 412.50 cm/s
Sprint Speed: 600 cm/s

Ammo
Ammo Capacity: 250
Magazine Capacity: 50

Edited by NicholasGrayfox, 06 May 2014 - 05:53 PM.

76561198004697637.png

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
lol the L85A2 actually made it....well look at that...

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
Posted Image

Alk

Alk

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Joined 11-March 14

Posted Image

Although these looks so close to the current STAC 10 - which, upon close enough inspection, I realized were ACR.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users