349 replies to this topic

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

If you have any ideas for any kind of weapon post it here cause it looks like JMB may be our key to getting exclusive skins of guns we love. I don't really want things to be the exact way as I described them. They're just suggestions on where to start. If you like the weapons suggested below be sure to rate this thread 4-5 stars and +1 the post at the bottom right of it. CoolDaddio.gif

The more 5 stars this thread gets mean the higher your chance of seeing a gun you like added to the game. slap.gif

Keep in mind that not all the guns listed below have a link to a picture in the thread but feel free to type the guns that don't into google images for some sweet eye candy.

Another thing to notice is that some guns will need a different reload animation and APB currently do not have an animator.

• Assault Rifles
  • SCAR-H or SCAR-L - a reskin of the STAR that can come with preset mods such as hunting sight 3, extended mag 2, and a silencer. I would love a gun with the STAR stats and a silencer and there can be a scoped version of the gun with a slightly better base zoom like the scoped ntec. But over all let there be a 3 slot version please and thank you.
  • AN-94 - look at PrincessLuna's post
  • TAR21 - can be the middle ground of a SMG and AR
  • Steyr AUG/A3 - prefer it to be a star reskin since now that gun is being more often due to the recovery buff
  • M4 M203 - Cr-5 reskin but with a grenade launcher and scope attached (GL doesnt have to work)
  • Galil AR - reskin of the ATAC with possibly a slower RoF for some more accuracy
  • XM8 - personally this is screaming star reskin but if not the LCR will be fine
  • LR 300 - check out Raptros' post
  • FN F2000 - once again check out Raptros post for picture and details
  • HK 416 - similar to the cr-5 this gun has slightly more mobilty when aiming and a slightly higher rate of fire but lacks less in damage
  • DAR-21 -
  • HS Produkt VHS-2 -
  • OICW - A STAR LCR reskin with more punch / a STAR reskin
  • STG 44/42 - functions similar to the n-tec or Ursus
  • M416c - high ROF, accurate, medium recoil, medium range, low damage
  • Scorpion Evo 3 - slightly more damage then the ACES with a slower rate of fire
  • MK 20 - functions similar to the LCR STAR
  • HCAR - similar to the Obeya Rifle but sacrifices some accuracy for full auto action 
  • BREN 805 - no clue what this can be but give the Ntec a break

Submachine Guns
  • P90 - similar to the ACES but with a built in mod giving it 50 bullets but a higher bloom rate with slightly less recovery making - also check out NicholasGrayfox's detailed idea
  • UMP - a PMG reskin
  • AKS74u - SMG version of the N-tec with a faster RoF, more mobility, less range, less accuracy, less damage, and a higher max bloom
  • OTs-14 Groza - im thinking a gun with max rate of fire for a 30 bullet clip and low damage
  • PP2000 - shoots faster than the OCA but with less damage and accuracy 
  • Scorpion EVO 3 - maybe something between a PMG and OCA?

Shotguns
  • Double Barrel - only has two shells loaded at a time but comes with the piercing mod and high hard damage as well as health damage
  • Remington M870 - CSG-20 reskin with a wooden stock
  • AA-12 - Nfas reskin with slightly more range
  • Saiga 12 - semi auto shotgun with a TTK higher than the Nfas but lower than the pump action
  • USAS -12 - Nfas reskin with less bloom
  • KSG - look at NicholasGreyfox's post
  • Chiappa Triple Threat - a triple barrel shotgun that up close can do the same damage of the hvr
  • 1216 RMS - a shotgun that it loaded with different types of shells designed for different ranges in a consistent order - John Barn's idea

Grenades
  • Throwing knife - just a reskin of the 8ball/brick to look like a knife
  • Tear Gas - Enforcer weapon that either does health damage and stamina damage over time to anyone standing in its radius while it lasts 5s (anyone standing in its blast zone from start to finish will only lose up to 30% stamina and 25% health and you can only hold 1) [made a gas mask mod to counter]
  • Mustard Gas - Criminal weapon that does health damage over time to anyone standing in its radius while it lasts 5s (anyone standing in its blast zone from start to finish will only lose up to 40% health and 15% stamina and you can only hold 1) [made a gas mask mod to counter]
  • Flashbang - cause whoever is facing the direction of the explosion to have a white screen for a short period of time but the further away you are the shorter and weaker the effect (does very very low damage if any at all)
  • EMP Grenade - 0 health damage, 0 stamina damage , 0 hard damage, disables all vehicles within its blast radius of 3m for 8s [Made a Faraday mod to counter]
  • Claymore - anti-personnel mine that does moderate soft damage (can only have one and there is a quick delay followed by a loud sound before it actually blows giving those with good reflexes a chance to escape with minor damage if any)
  • Nail Bomb - A criminal only weapon that sends nails flying in all directions each doing low damage - BrandonBanderson's idea

Rifles
  • Mk14 EBR / M14 - A reskin of the Obeya Rifle
  • QBZ Type 97 - OBIR reskin
  • Ruger 10/22 - a lethal NL9
  • Marlin 30-30 Lever Action - Obeya with a slower RoF, slightly more accuracy, and a small damage buff
  • G3 or G3 SG1 - reskin of the Joker SR-15 Carbine
  • M1 Garand - great acurrcy on range +-4shot kill but horrible for on the move (it's the counterpart of the joker carbine who is great at medium range)
    M1 Crabine - the CQC semi auto rifle faster rate of fire then the joke crabine 5-6 shot to kill + great mobilty
  • M16A3 - OBIR reskin
  • Hunting Bow - shoots an arrow that gains damage as it travels causing 100 damage every 10m it travels. It has an obvious arc and must go through a draw time as well as loading each new arrow

Sniper Rifles
  • M-200 - HVR reskin but with the piercing mod attached
  • H&K PSG-1 - a more mobile dmr reskin but with less hard damage and a 10 round mag and 50% more vertical recoil
  • Winchester 1886 .45-70 - this can either be a 2 shot kill or a 3 shot kill making it like the dmr or hvr/scout but with less zoom seeing how it doesn't have a scope. If anything it can be the lethal version of the NL9 since that has the accuracy of a sniper but is used in close range due to its lower zoom and damage dropoff
  • SVD Dragunov - NCR-762 Anubis reskin but with slightly different stats so the legendary can still be unique
  • Scoped Sprinfield - A mobile 3 shot sniper
  • M98b - HVR reskin

Explosives
  • RPG - Like the osmaw but without the timer and it doesn't shoot in a straight line because it can easily be redirected by wind (some shots may be slightly to the left/right of crossair) and because of the rocket's arc. It carries 1 rocket in the launcher and 1 stored away. It also does less health damage with a smaller blast radius but slightly increased hard damage and faster travel speed "This weapon should be for crims only"
  • SMAW - Like the osmaw but without the timer it travels in a straight line. It carries 1 rocket in the launcher and 1 stored away. It also does less health damage with a smaller blast radius but slightly increased hard damage and slower travel speed "This weapon should be for enforcers only"
  • M79 Grenade Launcher - Only holds 1 shot and does less damage but has a wider blast radius
  • Javlin - must be locked on to fire, only holds 1 rocket, 0 mod slots, must be aimed at a vehicle for 5s without losing sight and aiming off target or lock on will fail, does the same damage as an OSMAW

Light Machine Guns
  • M60 - Similar to the ALIG but with less hard damage, "slightly less health damage", 100 bullets, slightly more accuracy, ROF increased just a bit but more recoil. Instead of bridging the gap between assault rifles and light machine guns this gun should bride the gap between the ALIG and SHAW.
  • MK48 mod 0 - a SHAW with a slower ROF and slightly less recoil
  • MG-42 - this gun was well known for the amount of lead it spits out so I personally see this as something similar to the SHAW
  • G36C Drum - a STAR with the dual-drum mag mod the ogre has giving it 2x the ammo, you trade mobility for ammo
  • M249 - a 200 round LMG with a high rate of fire, low damage, small max bloom but slow bloom recovery, very slow reload time and slower movement speed than the other LMG
  • BAR - A highly mobile version of the ALIG with a 20 round clip
  • MG36 - a Lmg with drum mag 100 bullets

Secondary Guns
  • MP9 - S-AS PDW but with slower rate of fire, 30 bullets, a silencer, more accuracy, increased reload time, and a holo sight for design
  • SA-61Skorpion - an N-FA 9 reskin
  • USP LAM - Obeya pistol reskin
  • Silenced Desert Eagle - ACT44 SD
  • Silenced MP7 - Tactical S-AS PDW SD
  • Silenced 1911 - like the 45 pistol but with a silencer
  • Glock 18 - automatic pistol
  • Colby SIR - Raptros post
  • Stechkin APB and Stechkin APS - silenced and unsilenced reskins of the nano
  • Kiparis - S-AS PDW reskin
  • S&W .50 Revolver ''Scoped'' - HMS or HS3 built in
  • HK45 - a 5 STK pistol with a 10 round mag - check out JackRheecher's post
  • Chiappa Rhino a high-damage but medium rate of fire pistol(faster then magnum but slower then normal pistol) (max ange 20-25m)
  • Serbu Super Shorty - sawed off shotgun with low accuracy, short range, kills in 2 shots
  • Robocops Pistol - a RFP reskin
  • .357 magnum - something to bridge the gap between the snub and the rsa
  • ACT50 - A 50.cal Desert Eagle that does 350 damage with 6 shots

Less-than-Lethal
  • Stabba - SESP-11 - check out this post by Raptros
  • Stabba - SDSR-24 - check out this post by Raptros
  • Taser Gun X25 - takes one shot to stun but the damage is done overtime and not upfront, takes 5s for the target to finally be subdued

Special Weapons
  • M134 - the weight should counter the movement speed you get from devlar resulting in an average running speed and the recoil should be all horizontal like a sweeping motion, the accuracy slighlty lower than the shaw with a slightly higher max bloom, rate of fire is just maxed, range before damage drop off should be 70m, damage should be a 10 shot kill on anyone with base health, hard damage same as shaw, it should hold 500 bullets in the gun with 999 on standby, the windup time should be similar to the osmaw, and reload should be similar to the ALIG with extended mag 3. "if anyone can come up with the stats "WITH" a picture I would highly appreciate that and link this to it ASAP

Not a fan of the guns listed above? Don't just say "No", post what guns you believe should be introduced to the game! Don't want new guns added to the game? Then your life must be boring cause you obviously hate change.

Edited by DogHugger*Scavenger, 06 April 2015 - 02:28 PM.

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Scavenger | HIVE | Jericho

Caesruul

Caesruul

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3721 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10
Forgive me for being blunt about my opinion-

If you have an ideas for any kind of weapon post it here cause it looks like JMB may be or key to getting exclusive skins of guns we love.

Assault Rifles
SCAR-H or SCAR-L - a reskin of he STAR but with a slightly slower ROF and a slightly smaller bloom effect.A lesser version of the STAR LCR. How about a Star with a faster bloom recovery, lower magazine size, and a slightly increased firereate with lower damage yet a longer dropoff.
L85A2 - a ntec reskin possibly with a built in mod called ACOG giving it a 10 degree zoom with a scope viewNo more reskin's something unique and RP does not have an animator to animate weapon reload. Also, covered by scoped NTEC. I'd see this being more of a support assault rifle, not as versatile as the NTEC, not as all rounded as the STAR.

Submachine Guns
P90 - similar to the ACES but with a built in mod giving it 50 bulletsNo animator's on the dev team to animate the reloading. Even more reduced SMG damage, increased range, buffed firerate, but ridiculous bloom with less recoil than the ACES.
UMP - an OCA with a slower rate of fire and more accuracyPMG with less damage? an inverse of the MP42 whatever-it's-called they have ingame right now would work out a bit better imo.

Shotguns
Double Barrel - only has two shells loaded at a time but comes with the piercing mod and high hard damage as well as health damageAgain, no animator and been suggested before.

Grenades
Throwing knife - just a reskin of the 8ball/brick to look like a knifeBeen suggested
Tear Gas - Enforcer weapon that either does health damage or stamina damage over time to anyone standing in its radius while it lasts 5sNot sure what to say about this, but I feel like it might be a bit OP
Mustard Gas - Criminal weapon that does health damage over time to anyone standing in its radius while it lasts 5sdefinitely OP

Rifles
Mk14 EBR - A reskin of the Obeya RifleBeen suggested, no more reskin's...

Sniper Rifles
M-200 - HVR reskin but with the piercing mod attachedNot agreeing with this one either. we have enough snipers as it is.

Explosives
RPG - Like the osmaw but without the timer and it doesn't shoot in a straight line because it can easily be redirected by wind (some shots may be slightly to the left/right of crossair) and because of the rocket's arc. It carries 1 rocket in the launcher 1 stored away. It also does less health damage with a smaller blast radius but slightly increased hard damageEh, I can roll with this.
M79 Grenade Launcher - Only holds 1 shot and does less damage but has a wider blast radiusditto like above, we need new explosives, and both have been suggested before

Light Machine Guns
M60 - Similar to the ALIG but with less hard damage and 100 bulletsnot sure what to say here.
MK46 - a SHAW with a slower ROF and slightly less recoiltrading firerate for stability...I like it.

Joker, North American Server-Forever

Israel(Enforcer)\\\_/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\_///Tremeria(Criminal)

DiZZeR

DiZZeR

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 07-February 13
it would be such a good game with all this things! (and better server + more FPS of course)

I would like to see something in the planned mod "turf war" like 1 or 2 persons in a team have (only!) a minigun and kevlar 3, like some jaggernauts in turf war...

"...And - the first clue this is a bad rumor is that 3.6m would waaay far below what APB is worth today..." -TechMech Nov. 14, 2014.

lol'd

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

Forgive me for being blunt about my opinion-

I would prefer you being blunt and detailed over the *uhhh.No.* people like to post. At least now I know what ideas need to be tweaked and what is actually possible.

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c

Princess Luna

Princess Luna

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Joined 27-December 13
Just going to copy-paste something I had from a different thread.

Rifle: N-BCR (AN-94 IRL)

Posted Image

The Nekrova Burst Combat Rifle, or N-BCR, was originally set to be a more accurate variant of the N-TEC 5 designated for ranged combat roles. What was once a modified weapon eventually became a new rifle from the ground up, designed to fire off two rounds in rapid succession down range before encountering the significant recoil of the weapon.

Time to Kill: 1.02s (1.05)
Shots to Kill: 6

Health Damage: 195
Stamina Damage: 20
Hard Damage: 28.28
Drop-off Range: 60m
Minimum Damage Range: 70m
Maximum Range: 100m
Minimum Damage %: 48%

Equip Time: 0.80s
Fire Interval: 0.067s
Burst Interval: 0.35s
Burst Shots: 2
Reload Time: 2.75s

Accuracy Radius at 10m: 17.5cm
Per Shot Modifier: 0.32
Shot Modifier Cap: 1.35
Recovery Delay: 0.085
Recovery per Second: 4.635
Crouch Modifier: 0.75
Walk Modifier: 2
Run Modifier: 5.985
Sprint Modifier: 1.3
Jump Modifier: 2.75
Marksman Modifier: 0.29

Crouched Speed: 90 cm/s
Walk/Marksman Speed: 139 cm/s
Run Speed: 412.5 cm/s
Sprint Speed: 600 cm/s

Ammo Capacity: 160
Magazine Capacity: 20

PTBPkVX.png?1

jooonbug

jooonbug

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 30-March 14

Sniper Rifles
M-200 - HVR reskin but with the piercing mod attached

YESYESYESYES! <3
I really really think the NHVR-762 NEEDS a slick reskin and the m-200 Intervention, is a perfect idea!
If G1 feels the piercing mod is appropriate then awesome, but will need 2+ open slots with that, prettyplease.

:)

Posted Image

Edited by jooonbug, 30 March 2014 - 02:47 PM.

_joooonbug

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10297 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10
M60

It needs something more to replicate the general purpose machine gun role the M60 is known for in video games. In addition to less hard damage for more ammo per reload, the M60 variant of the Alig should have an accuracy buff for better sustained fire and burst firing with harder recoil (like the Colby M-1922 sub-machine "Tommy" gun) to balance. That would make it feel like an M60 in my opinion.

ᴄᴏɴʀᴀᴅ

ᴄᴏɴʀᴀᴅ

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts
  • Joined 05-January 12

We need the M14. I don't care what model/skin they use, just do it. Here's some eye-candy:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I see you have it up there but change "MK14 EBR" to "M14/MK14" because it would be awesome to see both. And as stated in other threads, it would be a lot better if it didn't come out as another re-skin. It should definitely be in the Marksman category though.

o3IESzf.jpg

conrvd (Jericho)

Cephisso

Cephisso

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1702 posts
  • Joined 11-June 13
An ACES-R with 50 rounds would be kind of silly since it'd be a direct upgrade, same as the double-barrel (or the True Ogre, if it didn't have some drawback; the wind-up is overkill, but it needs something to balance).

The only reskin of the STAR should be the LCR, as a SCAR-H.

What about a five-round DMR that has two-shot kill at 70m, instead of 88m?

SPPD Rapid Response Unit: Patrol and Protect
Cephisso: Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
added 1 more assault rifle and a secondary while changing a few things

Edited by The Pack, 31 March 2014 - 11:25 AM.

Running Eagle

Running Eagle

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14
Rifles category(Carbine OBIR etc)

Marlin 30-30 Lever Action. More like Obeya, slightly slower ROF, less accuracy degradation, higher damage, 8 round magazine, 4 shot kill solid, lever action reload speed (have to load each round individually like the JG or CSG)

Posted Image

"Mare's Leg" (Sawnoff Lever Action Rifle) More like Joker Carbine, but with a much slower rate of fire (because it's a lever action, but something still appropriate for a quickfire short-range carbine), and higher damage due to being limited to 6 rounds, also lever action reload speed (individual rounds like a shotgun.) In practice this'll end up being a bit more like a JG shotgun because of a 3-4 shot kill and similar refire rates but more range and firing a slug instead of buckshot. I kinda see it like a CSG and joker carbine had a lovechild.

Posted Image

Sniper category

Heckler and Koch PSG-1 sniper. Essentially a DMR reskin with no silencer and likely 50% more vertical recoil in exchange for having a 10 round mag instead of 7.

Posted Image

Winchester 1886 .45-70 Gov't. Two shot kill or three if wearing kevlar (unlike the HVR which is 2 regardless), iron sights so less zoom in marksman mode in exchange for a smaller max crosshair bloom (proportionate to each other, half zoom half bloom etc.), 6 round mag, SLIGHTLY faster ROF than the HVR and SLIGHTLY faster equip speed but the above-mentioned lever action reload speed as a balancing point.

Posted Image

Secondary category

Sawn Off Over-Under Shotgun. Breech action, two rounds, CSG stats aside from an EXCRUCIATINGLY long equip speed and reload speed to discourage quickswitching and otherwise abusing it, essentially meaning that if you pull it out mid-combat you get one kill on a full-health enemy or two badly wounded ones -- reloading mid-combat will be a non-option unless given a good 2 seconds or slightly more behind cover, and with that in mind, the equip speed will be along the lines of a DMR or SHAW so switching to it mid-combat is very risky in exchange for the obvious power of having a backup shotty as a pistol. As unbalanced as it would seem I'd give a refire rate closer to the NFAS for realism's sake since it's a double barrel breech, but in exchange it has a HIGH amount of horizontal recoil and a decent vertical bump as well so getting both shots on target if firing it like the NFAS is only possible in very rare circumstances. I'd also highly recommend that marksman mode be a requirement and give it absolutely awful hipfire accuracy because trying to hipfire a 12 gauge with one hand leaves you with a broken wrist. Since they can't implement that, only being accurate in marksman mode is a fair substitute.

Posted Image

Colt Stallion .22 revolver. Like an FBW but 10 rounds instead of 15, a faster equip speed, and a little slower ROF and longer reload time. Fer them quickdraw gunslinger cowboys/girls!

Posted Image

SA-61Skorpion. Basically an N-FA 9 reskin with a faster ROF, 5 more bullets, but less damage and a slightly larger max crosshair bloom.

Posted Image

Submachine Guns category

PPSH-41. Like the tommy except it's a 15 round bullet-hose with half the reload time and higher damage due to being a higher caliber (technically the thompson is a .22 and was only adapted to a .45 when it was used in WW2) but only high enough to manage two kills if you only miss one bullet. I was thinking less vertical recoil and more max bloom so you have to fire it in bursts of 3-5-ish when more than 4 meters away, but making it utterly destructive and lethal when within those 4 meters and able to go full-auto.

Posted Image

Heckler and Koch UMP45. The "STAR of the SMGs" in that it's the literal middle-ground of all SMGs, like the STAR is for ARs.

Posted Image

Assault Rifle category

Steyr AUG/A3. A STAR remesh. NTEC got one, why not. Don't get me wrong, I like the G36C but I don't think I'd stop using an AUG/A3 remesh of the STAR for weeks. XD

Posted Image

QBZ Type 97. 3 round burst fire but lower damage than/double the ROF of an OBIR. I imagine 4-5 bursts to kill.

Posted Image

LMG category

FG-42. SHAW-like ROF, health damage, and equip time, but with a 15-20 round mag, faster reload, higher mobility, larger max reticle bloom, and slightly more recoil both horizontal and vertical.

Posted Image

MG-42. Essentially an ALIG remesh, but if anything I'd just suggest that it has a slightly faster reload in exchange for slightly less health damage OR a slightly smaller mag. Not both.

Posted Image

Heckler and Koch MG36. SHAW capacity with N-SSW reload time, mobility, and ROF at the expense of health damage and hard damage.

Posted Image

I could literally think of guns to add all day and still probably never be satisfied with the variety and selection, I just hope I've given fair enough balancing points to make their stats viable. I'd also be totally happy if these were just added as remeshes and the stats weren't changed but I'm a sucker for a cool looking firearm.

That being said I'd friggin' love to learn to use UnrealED and contribute the guns and animations myself if I knew that RP would add them, but 1) I wouldn't get paid and 2) getting paid is gonna eat up all my time if I get the job I'm aiming for. Would love to collaborate on a project in my free time if possible.

Edited by weepyneurotic420, 08 April 2014 - 10:19 AM.

:uzi:

Running Eagle

Running Eagle

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14
IDK what the rules are for "bumping" threads but...

This topic is very near and dear to my heart. Which is to say, for all the problems that APB is plagued with currently, from poor sportsmanship in the community, to exploitable glitches, to the upcoming engine update, my biggest gripe is the lack of weapon variation. There's a lot of different guns but each gun is different from another stat-wise -- thus, guns don't follow suit with cars and clothes in that they help identify your "style." Sure, there's an OCA and OCA stock, or a JG tactical/folded, TAS20 stock/tactical/pistol grip, NTEC wood stock/folding stock, but these hardly qualify as large enough differences to make them "unique" from one another while still filling the same role. Here's a few examples...

The CSG-20 is pretty much a Remington M870 slide-action shotgun. Here we have the "Country Gent"...

Posted Image

But, in keeping with the same "style" and believably 100% exact stats, where's my Winchester 1887?!

Posted Image

I'm sure there's plenty of people who simply prefer the way a pump-action shotgun looks and feels, more suited to their character, but there are plenty of us who enjoy using the CSG/TAS20, but if given the option to use a lever-action, would likely never set it down. Going into further detail on shotguns...

Posted Image

Everyone's well aware of what the NFAS-12 looks like. It's a freaking eyesore, and to my knowledge is loosely based on the AA-12...

Posted Image

Which is also a freaking eyesore. But how many of you would proudly tote a Striker Riot Shotgun AKA "The Crowd Pleaser" ?

Posted Image

Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong, I understand completely that this is not even remotely close to being at the top of the list when it comes to priorities, so I don't need people telling me "this isn't important." To some people it is, and I guarantee 100% that implementing even just HALF these gun ideas would make the whole community a lot happier. Especially the people at max rank, since there's very little to do or look forward to once you've maxed out all your contacts!

:uzi:

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
:Bump: simply because I can....

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
changed the tar

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15032 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
AN-94.. but not with a 2 round burst. 3 or 4 would be okay.. but 2 round burst would just make it glitch out extremely like the oscar.

N9pGkYM.png

Cephisso

Cephisso

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1702 posts
  • Joined 11-June 13

AN-94.. but not with a 2 round burst. 3 or 4 would be okay.. but 2 round burst would just make it glitch out extremely like the oscar.

The problem is not the two-round burst. The problem with the OSCAR is firing while sprinting.

All I really need is a lethal NL9 (read: fires slugs but is pump-action) that has dropoff at 70m. That's it. If they want to use the accurate model of the Remington 7600, that's fine, or they could just give the NL9 the Country Gent's wooden full stock.

SPPD Rapid Response Unit: Patrol and Protect
Cephisso: Joker

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11
I've always wanted the N-TA to be released. I'd imagine it as something like this, give or take the silencer.

Posted Image

I've had a really neat idea for a lethal version of the NL-9, perhaps with a bit more range...

Just your average hunting rifle, found in many homes.

It'd be something like this

Posted Image

WHAT I'D LOVE TO HAVE IS a new semi-auto pistol.

I was thinking 7 to 8 shots, faster RoF than the FBW, high initial accuracy but very bad bloom with a semi-moderate recovery. Low recoil.
It'd essentially be a speed-based pistol, useful in close encounters more than anything.

Hopefully, it'd look something like this.

Posted Image

OR EVEN

Posted Image

I'd really love to see an LAM on the pistol though. I have a soft-spot for those...

ALSO

@ the reskin model debate.

I welcome remodels to APB. While they aren't anything new functionally, they are new cosmetically and we do know that making a game's cash shop primarily cosmetic isn't a bad thing to do.

Also, a lot of the people who disagree with remodels are those of which who already have another variant of the weapon, try to look at it from a newbies point of view.

Let's say you want to buy a Obeya CR. You can either decide from the classic, or the new FAL, which both loos and sounds different. I welcome more variety cosmetically, thus, I agree with remodels and would love to see some more

Also, how many snipers or assault rifles can you add in APB without crossing over some roles? There's only so many different ways you can make a gun handle without it being very similar to another.

Edited by Raptros, 23 April 2014 - 12:14 AM.

WHAT DID YOU HONESTLY EXPECT THOUGH?

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11
Anything else? ::D

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

I've always wanted the N-TA to be released. I'd imagine it as something like this, give or take the silencer.

I've had a really neat idea for a lethal version of the NL-9, perhaps with a bit more range...

I was thinking 7 to 8 shots, faster RoF than the FBW, high initial accuracy but very bad bloom with a semi-moderate recovery. Low recoil.
It'd essentially be a speed-based pistol, useful in close encounters more than anything.

OR EVEN

I'd really love to see an LAM on the pistol though. I have a soft-spot for those...

ALSO

I welcome remodels to APB. While they aren't anything new functionally, they are new cosmetically and we do know that making a game's cash shop primarily cosmetic isn't a bad thing to do.

Also, a lot of the people who disagree with remodels are those of which who already have another variant of the weapon, try to look at it from a newbies point of view.

Let's say you want to buy a Obeya CR. You can either decide from the classic, or the new FAL, which both loos and sounds different. I welcome more variety cosmetically, thus, I agree with remodels and would love to see some more

Also, how many snipers or assault rifles can you add in APB without crossing over some roles? There's only so many different ways you can make a gun handle without it being very similar to another.

I feel the exact same way about reskins. Even though I start out with a perm. STAR I would definitely buy a reskin of it being the Scar-H or an AUG just for the love of certain guns.

The LAM with a Silencer always makes for a sexy looking pistol.

Edited by The Pack, 29 May 2014 - 02:27 PM.

kukki

kukki

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3230 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11

Sniper Rifles
M-200 - HVR reskin but with the piercing mod attached

YESYESYESYES! <3
I really really think the NHVR-762 NEEDS a slick reskin and the m-200 Intervention, is a perfect idea!
If G1 feels the piercing mod is appropriate then awesome, but will need 2+ open slots with that, prettyplease.

I would love an hvr with a piercing mod. And another big sniper rifle would always be welcome additions, preferably something bulkier looking than the hvr.

SA-61Skorpion. Basically an N-FA 9 reskin with a faster ROF, 5 more bullets, but less damage and a slightly larger max crosshair bloom.

Posted Image

Mate, that's a nano.

fnmod_character_aircontrol.png

Trinity101

Trinity101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Joined 18-October 12
Posted Image

Thats an M4 m203.

In-game , it could just be an ATAC or Cr-5 with a grenade Launcher, that uses Grenades with a very small radius and damage. (Think about it g1, it would be an epic JMB gun xD)

Posted Image

That one could be a Long Range CSG that works like the Stabba NL9 with 4 or 5 shots to kill.

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

Thats an M4 m203.

In-game , it could just be an ATAC or Cr-5 with a grenade Launcher, that uses Grenades with a very small radius and damage. (Think about it g1, it would be an epic JMB gun xD)

That one could be a Long Range CSG that works like the Stabba NL9 with 4 or 5 shots to kill.

added the m4

Edited by The Pack, 29 May 2014 - 02:23 PM.

ZezXion

ZezXion

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
The UMP doesn't make much sense being an OCA reskin, it would make more sense as a PMG reskin, considering the PMG shoots slowly, has a large amount of recoil, and hits hard, just like the UMP .45

Zelithion - Enforcer - Jericho
ZezXion - Criminal - Jericho

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4744 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

The UMP doesn't make much sense being an OCA reskin, it would make more sense as a PMG reskin, considering the PMG shoots slowly, has a large amount of recoil, and hits hard, just like the UMP .45

You know what I would pay for?

A proper MP5 reskin of the OCA.

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

ill change it

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

I feel the exact same way about reskins. Even though I start out with a perm. STAR I would definitely buy a reskin of it being the Scar-H or an AUG just for the love of certain guns.

The LAM with a Silencer always makes for a sexy looking pistol.

Exactly, that is what I'm sayin'

Also, the only reason why I wouldn't want a silencer, despite that they are quite appealing, is because of the range downgrade, the usually lack-luster sound and the inability to remove them.

If I had a choice, loud all the way.

I wish I had some kind of developmental tool just to goof around and try different gun-types. I'd love to have a lethal NL-9 or faster, less accurate pistol.

Put my ideas on the OP, wouldya? :D

Edited by Raptros, 26 April 2014 - 05:56 AM.

kukki

kukki

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3230 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
I still feel like the sniper role is very narrow. I don't actually count reskins as additional weapons and that calls for another powerful high velocity rifle. U uniqur weapon. The machine gunner had an addition of nssw, thus Sniper should be the next.

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

I still feel like the sniper role is very narrow. I don't actually count reskins as additional weapons and that calls for another powerful high velocity rifle. U uniqur weapon. The machine gunner had an addition of nssw, thus Sniper should be the next.

It'd be hard to make a somewhat unique sniper without mimicking or shadowing the other snipers.

I made a post on the ISSR-B. Haven't checked to see if it had any replies though.

Give it a look?

kukki

kukki

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3230 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
Well, I meant that my proposed unique weapon should be a mimic of the hvr. I don't want it to be completely new invention, I precisely want to to have mechanics similar to hvr, but be different.

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

OR EVEN

ALSO

the ruger is an obv. rifle but is the aks74u classified as a SMG or AR cause ive seen plenty label it one or the other

Edited by The Pack, 29 May 2014 - 02:24 PM.

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

the ruger is an obv. rifle but is the aks74u classified as a SMG or AR cause ive seen plenty label it one or the other

If I'm not mistaken, it's the barrel length that determines whether its a rifle or not.

Reading the description of the N-TA says its an SMG conversion of the N-tec, so naturally I thought 74u

Exfluence

Exfluence

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • Joined 13-October 13

Just going to copy-paste something I had from a different thread.

Rifle: N-BCR (AN-94 IRL)

Posted Image

The Nekrova Burst Combat Rifle, or N-BCR, was originally set to be a more accurate variant of the N-TEC 5 designated for ranged combat roles. What was once a modified weapon eventually became a new rifle from the ground up, designed to fire off two rounds in rapid succession down range before encountering the significant recoil of the weapon.

Time to Kill: 1.02s (1.05)
Shots to Kill: 6

Health Damage: 195
Stamina Damage: 20
Hard Damage: 28.28
Drop-off Range: 60m
Minimum Damage Range: 70m
Minimum Damage %: 48%

Fire Interval: 0.067s
Burst Interval: 0.35s
Burst Shots: 2
Reload Time: 2.75s

Accuracy Radius at 10m: 17.5cm
Per Shot Modifier: 0.32
Shot Modifier Cap: 1.35
Recovery Delay: 0.085
Recovery per Second: 4.635
Crouch Modifier: 0.75
Walk Modifier: 2
Run Modifier: 5.985
Sprint Modifier: 1.3
Jump Modifier: 2.75
Marksman Modifier: 0.29

Walk/Marksman Speed: 139 cm/s
Run Speed: 412.5 cm/s

Ammo Capacity: 160
Magazine Capacity: 20

Glad to see that our brainchild is still alive. :P
Anyway,
I'm actually surprised that no one has suggested a slug shotgun yet. I had the idea in the back of my mind, but didn't bother writing it down until now.
It would look something similar to the KSG:
Posted Image
Name: Obeya SSG

The Slug Shot Gun is Obeya's debut into the shotgun market. Instead of firing a spread of pellets like the Joker and Colby models, the SSG fires one large slug for massive damage to infantry and vehicles alike. The issue is, however, that the user must make each shot count in close-quarters lest they fall victim to the weapon's low refire rate.

Calculated
Time to Kill: 0.70s
Shots to Kill: 2

Damage
Health Damage: 670
Stamina Damage: 420
Hard Damage: 160
Drop-off Range: 20m
Minimum Damage Range: 40m
Minimum Damage %: 30%

Fire Interval: 0.700s
Reload Time: 0.70s

Accuracy
Accuracy Radius at 10m: 12cm
Per Shot Modifier: 1
Shot Modifier Cap: 2
Recovery Delay: 0.50
Recovery Per Second: 4
Crouch Modifier: 1
Walk Modifier: 1.20
Run Modifier: 2.10
Sprint Modifier: 1.50
Jump Modifier: 4
Marksman Modifier: 0.60

Movement Speed
Walk/Marksman Speed: 275 cm/s
Run Speed: 412.50 cm/s

Ammo
Ammo Capacity: 24
Magazine Capacity: 8

Looks nice on paper, but constructive criticism is always welcome.

I am on hiatus from APB until the Engine Upgrade releases.

Exfluence - ExfIuence - Jericho (NA)

76561198004697637.png

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

The UMP-45 would work wonderfully as a CAP-40 reskin, due to it's middle-of-the-road rate of fire and damage (the CAP 40 shoots faster than a PMG, but slower than a OCA)

The Greatest / Best clan ever is now RECRUITING!

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

Glad to see that our brainchild is still alive. :P
Anyway,
I'm actually surprised that no one has suggested a slug shotgun yet. I had the idea in the back of my mind, but didn't bother writing it down until now.
It would look something similar to the KSG:
Posted Image
Name: Obeya SSG

The Slug Shot Gun is Obeya's debut into the shotgun market. Instead of firing a spread of pellets like the Joker and Colby models, the SSG fires one large slug for massive damage to infantry and vehicles alike. The issue is, however, that the user must make each shot count in close-quarters lest they fall victim to the weapon's low refire rate.

Calculated
Time to Kill: 0.70s
Shots to Kill: 2

Damage
Health Damage: 670
Stamina Damage: 420
Hard Damage: 160
Minimum Damage Range: 40m
Minimum Damage %: 30%

Fire Interval: 0.700s
Reload Time: 0.70s

Accuracy
Accuracy Radius at 10m: 12cm
Per Shot Modifier: 1
Shot Modifier Cap: 2
Recovery Delay: 0.50
Recovery Per Second: 4
Crouch Modifier: 1
Walk Modifier: 1.20
Run Modifier: 2.10
Sprint Modifier: 1.50
Jump Modifier: 4
Marksman Modifier: 0.60

Movement Speed
Walk/Marksman Speed: 275 cm/s
Run Speed: 412.50 cm/s

Ammo
Ammo Capacity: 24
Magazine Capacity: 8

Looks nice on paper, but constructive criticism is always welcome.

Drop that sucker to 590 or 600 and we'll talk.

Slug-shottie would be sweet, I'd be down to try something like that. It'd be kinda like the NL-9 in usage, I'd imagine.

That's something at least 3 of us have mentioned in this thread though. A lethal NL-9 counter-part seems like a welcomed Idea.

Edited by Raptros, 01 May 2014 - 03:31 PM.

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11
I'm just gunna throw some pictures up, maybe get some people thinking...

I like the writing and care taken by Grayfox and Luna with thier weapons, hopefully we can get some more going like that.

Once I get back from class, I might do the same...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thats all i got for now. Little somethin' to get the creative Juices flowin'.

I'll write up somethin' when I get back, gotta head out now.

Edited by Raptros, 01 May 2014 - 02:19 PM.

VERSACEVERSACE

VERSACEVERSACE

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1214 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
I would love that M60 if it had a competitive TTK around .7

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11
Posted Image

Stabba - SESP-11

The SESP-11, or Swift Engagement Stun Pistol, is the prototype model for a less-than-lethal weapon that can rival the speed of lethal weapons in target suppression. Officers are often slow to the draw when using less-than-lethal weapons and this is Stabba's answer to their call. The SESP can fire 4 electrically charged cartridges in rapid succession that can deliver about 700-1000 volts at .03 amps, 2 joules each. This gives the SESP the capability of suppressing targets at very fast speeds. However, the short barrel limits its range to close quarters and the loading mechanism can only hold four cartridges at a time, requiring frequent reloading.

Damage
Health Damage: 70
Stamina Damage: 275
Hard Damage: 44
Minimum Damage Range: 45m
Maximum Range: 55m
Minimum Damage %: 45%

Ammo
Ammo Capacity: 36
Magazine Capacity: 4

I'd imagine this weapon to work like a weaker, less accurate pig. I can imagine a small bloom and swift recovery to limit its range, while still staying accurate in close quarters. Of course, it would do far less stamina damage as well. The RoF would perhaps be around the PMGs, semi-auto of course, for comparison, so it's not insanely fast, but reasonable enough to keep up... A somewhat fast reload and draw time could really make this weapon to live up to it's name.

Posted Image

Stabba - SDSR-24

It's not rare to find yourself out-matched in a close engagement while using a less-than-lethal weapon, especially if you're dealing with an SMG or a shotgun. That is where the Short Distance Suppression Rifle comes into play. Stabba's SDSR-24 uses rubber bullets instead of bean-bags to that of it's counterpart, the CCG. These smaller, lighter rounds enable the SDSR to not only hold more ammunition than the CCG, it can also have a higher cyclic rate, resulting in a faster rate of fire. However, due to the nature of the rounds, they tend to spread in random directions at range. The weight also effects their stopping power, giving it a much lighter punch.

Damage
Health Damage: 15
Stamina Damage: 100
Hard Damage: 0
Drop-off Range: 25m
Minimum Damage Range: 45m
Maximum Range: 50m
Minimum Damage %: 65%

Ammo
Ammo Capacity: 240
Magazine Capacity: 40

This would be a pretty interesting weapon. I'd imagine it'd look very similar to what it looks like in the picture, large magazine and all.
It would fire perhaps... around an N-tec with cooling jacket 3, but no faster than on OCA. It would have some pretty decent accuracy, but nothing you can really precisely aim with. It'd act much more like an SMG than a rifle at all. The bloom wouldn't reach its max point quickly, but after about 15 to 20 rounds of continuous spray, it'd reach it's max, being a healthy size bigger, but nothing too horrible.

I really think these guns could bring some more fun into the LTL weapon category. Then idea though, is to keep 'em a bit weaker and less effective than lethal weapons, while not making them gimped, so we can keep the risk vs. reward style gameplay that LTL offers. Of course, my stats are not set in stone and I'd love to dispute them. What do you think?

I haven't written any movement or accuracy stats because I don't have too much of idea of what is what, besides, I'm terrible at math.

Edited by Raptros, 01 May 2014 - 03:26 PM.

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14
so many good ideas but im looking at this late...ill update the main post tomorrow "promise"

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11
Tryin to keep this thread goin'! I love this kind of stuff!

Exfluence

Exfluence

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • Joined 13-October 13

I like the writing and care taken by Grayfox and Luna with thier weapons, hopefully we can get some more going like that.

Our writing and care are the same because we collaborated on the AN-94 idea that PrincessLuna had in another thread :P
And thanks for the compliment!

Edited by NicholasGrayfox, 02 May 2014 - 09:43 AM.

I am on hiatus from APB until the Engine Upgrade releases.

Exfluence - ExfIuence - Jericho (NA)

76561198004697637.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users