snoopies78

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11

So tab target, much hype

That said, if the combat has enough depth it all looks pretty interesting. Probably end up just blasting through the PvE and laugh at circles trying to be "good"

I, Like most FE pvpers, would have preferred an aimed game similar to the actual Elder Scrolls games themselves, but if everything else is good with the game then its hard to ignore it.

The Division (Ubisoft game due out later this year on Console and much later on PC) looks like the greatest hope for a MMO/FPS Hybred now, I will certainly be keeping my eye on that game, but until then there is little out and so may as well try out a game that seems to have gotten every other aspect right, I'm just hoping the grind for gear is nothing like Guild wars (great game but I hate huge gear grinds).

Posted Image

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
Yeah they just need to drop that soft target system for PvP. PvE doesn't really matter.. the NPCs don't move that fast. If anything, the PvE needs to be more of a challenge. The AI uses abilities and heals itself, but the encounters don't scale with the group.

Exploring with a group of 8, the only time we lost anyone was when that giant booted them off the mountain. xD

Really is too bad no one was recording. Posted Image

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
Some reason my Shadow play didn't allow me to record :(

This game was amazing PvP had actual missions, whether it was get 20 kills (my way to level) or to capture keeps/farms/mines/ect or go find towns and all. Knowing that it was the stress test i didn't mind the major lag. The entire sunday was me and fly getting into a TS raid or just 2 manning the other side :D Organized raids with sneak we held a gate (in between mountains) and jumped down and surprised them :D

Twinkle Star

Twinkle Star

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 23-January 14
I beg you guys, dont choose aldmeri-dominion :P

dastalbanner_zpstrcug6va.png?t=143182108

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
Aha. Ahahaha. Ha. Haaaa...

"Khajiit has no words for you."

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12

I beg you guys, dont choose aldmeri-dominion :P

We got there first :o Time to take out the trash i guess, cmon get in the bag lets go.

hZ8HJEd.png

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

So tab target, much hype

That said, if the combat has enough depth it all looks pretty interesting. Probably end up just blasting through the PvE and laugh at circles trying to be "good"

Soft target there is even easier than melee/shotgun circle. Although more depth and fun. And becaus it's limited to 5 skills + ult + potion more choices have to be made.

Heretic
Nysak

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
http://www.youtube.c...yE6Igdr8IIUs6nw

1-2 weapons/weapon types, 10 skills, 2 ults.. depends on setup.

Only watched the first few videos.. this guy plays Dragonknight. And everyone thought Nightblade was OP. Haha

Hmm.. that was supposed to be a link to the playlist. Oh well.
How does I forum? \;

Fixed itself... >__>

Edited by KhoRzz, 04 March 2014 - 04:51 AM.

snoopies78

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11

http://www.youtube.c...yE6Igdr8IIUs6nw

1-2 weapons/weapon types, 10 skills, 2 ults.. depends on setup.

Only watched the first few videos.. this guy plays Dragonknight. And everyone thought Nightblade was OP. Haha

Hmm.. that was supposed to be a link to the playlist. Oh well.
How does I forum? \;

Fixed itself... >__>

Video shows a level 50 against lower level toons, hard to tell if the guy is any good. DK is the least played class and therefore the least understood, I know in Dota 2 the pro players always try to play the least popular classes as it gives then huge advantages when opponents have little idea how to react to them.

But a Dark Elf DK with the fire boost from the racial and the Fire attacks on the DK work well together.

Posted Image

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
LOL that is the emperor only one person at a time in a shard can play as an emperor. "-" Unlocks a new class and new armor/weapons.

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
Who is joining what alliance? I pre-ordered it so the any race any alliance thing is pretty neat but i am sure we figured on aldmeri or ebonheart.. i chose aldmeri 3 beta tests ago and found it pretty fun :D

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
In a few videos, he was fighting other level 60s. I'm not really sure how the scaling works at that level though.

And he was only Emperor in the first video.. did you watch any of the others? :P

Kishoot

Kishoot

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11
This is good game, my brother was waiting it since a long time... but not for me, no gun no fun :uzi:

T'as beau envoyer tes "mayday mayday" t'es mal barré.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

This is good game, my brother was waiting it since a long time... but not for me, no gun no fun :uzi:

Ya... I understand the love for guns and such. But lack of balance in FE, just as any other MMORPG with FPS elements, is enough to make anyone bite the bullet when it comes to these things. Not that I'd "quit" FE, but I don't care much for it in it's current state in terms of it being my "active" game.

On that note, my Templar on ESO is going to make horses QQ for days. Depending on how two abilities work, which I didn't get a chance to unlock this weekend, will decide on my final 2 slots end-game.

Either way, it's definitely worth paying monthly for.... even tho I'm generally strongly against paying for a game, as most fail, but I can definitely find a reason to pay 15$ a month. Not to mention it was able to do this in minutes after a PVP engagement.

Only a few other games have done that.
  • Shadowbane : DIAF Ubisoft. Sadly, the emulation team for it's "revival" is going to screw up that feeling so I have avoided it.
  • FE : Prior to 2.5... love how much potential it has that's just ignored or "otherwise".
  • Planetside : SoE is too stronk at killing perfectly good games... PS2 isn't to bad. I would rather log into PS1 than PS2 tho.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
double post :o

Edited by Reaps989, 05 March 2014 - 07:23 AM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
trippe post :o

Edited by Reaps989, 05 March 2014 - 07:24 AM.

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Quadra-post :o

And Fly stole the fifth, report for being a scumbag, I almost had the penta! :(

Edited by Reaps989, 05 March 2014 - 07:25 AM.

Posted Image

flyzardia

flyzardia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11
^that quadruple post :applause:
Condemned leader: Flyzardi, Fivriaka, Cabuka, Flyzilla, Not Flyzardi

We die today brothers and sisters, we die crawling from a hundred snares with jet hammers in our necks and and ice shards in our guts. But our war cries will echo through the wasteland! Chota!

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

:notworthy:

Only way i would go and make FE my least active game is if more condemned are playing eso. Many are interested but few have tried beta, or even PvP in beta. Those 10 levels are fun and has made peoples decision to join the game, i believe that is just part reason why the game is good. They are still working on content, adding things in, fixing other missions, and resolving how many people should be per shard on each side to solve the lag in bigger fights.

15$ isn't much for one game, granted if people pay 15$ a month after a 60$-80$ purchase that is it for games. The fun in PvP is just amazing if their wasn't any PvE aspect in the PvP, like climbing mountains :troll_face: , doing caves, fighting bears, wolves, ect, i could then see how it could get boring after a month but since they added that in it is just constant content that would take over months to see it all :D

Edited by Chrispy Cream, 05 March 2014 - 04:30 AM.

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
Well, those people that are still undecided have one more chance before release. :o

Supposed to be one more beta.. probably 14th - 16th or 21st - 23rd. I heard there was going to be a 4-5gb patch as well.
http://teso.mmorpg-l...ta-patch-notes/

If those are the patch notes for it, the first 10 levels are going to be a lot faster and less grindy to get through. I know a lot of people were not able to try out the PvP because most of the quests were bugged making those levels harder to get.

One of the streams I watched after the last beta ended mentioned something about toons <10 getting into Cyrodiil by grouping up with 10+ toons. I'm hoping they don't fix that with the patch.. Killing someone as a level 2 would be priceless. Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Ya... no idea how that worked seeing as the forum lagged out when I posted. I didn't refresh the page nor hit apply more than once... c-c-c-combo breaker?

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Well, those people that are still undecided have one more chance before release. :o

Supposed to be one more beta.. probably 14th - 16th or 21st - 23rd. I heard there was going to be a 4-5gb patch as well.
http://teso.mmorpg-l...ta-patch-notes/

If those are the patch notes for it, the first 10 levels are going to be a lot faster and less grindy to get through. I know a lot of people were not able to try out the PvP because most of the quests were bugged making those levels harder to get.

One of the streams I watched after the last beta ended mentioned something about toons <10 getting into Cyrodiil by grouping up with 10+ toons. I'm hoping they don't fix that with the patch.. Killing someone as a level 2 would be priceless. Posted Image

Sad part is I am pretty sure I could've klled quite a few people at level 2... between my snare/DoT and heal I'd be solid if I was playing extremely defensive unless they had heavy CC that they could get in range for.

Posted Image

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
Dat 1 skill point. :o

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
"Monsters will now properly work together to use synergies against you." :D

Careful those Ogres may be more OP! "_" :Ha Ha Ha:

Edited by Chrispy Cream, 05 March 2014 - 07:39 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

:notworthy:

Only way i would go and make FE my least active game is if more condemned are playing eso. Many are interested but few have tried beta, or even PvP in beta. Those 10 levels are fun and has made peoples decision to join the game, i believe that is just part reason why the game is good. They are still working on content, adding things in, fixing other missions, and resolving how many people should be per shard on each side to solve the lag in bigger fights.

15$ isn't much for one game, granted if people pay 15$ a month after a 60$-80$ purchase that is it for games. The fun in PvP is just amazing if their wasn't any PvE aspect in the PvP, like climbing mountains :troll_face: , doing caves, fighting bears, wolves, ect, i could then see how it could get boring after a month but since they added that in it is just constant content that would take over months to see it all :D

I don't disagree on the fact people have to spend 60-80$ and THEN 15$. I'd understand if it was 30$, like older games, but at 60+ it should easily give 2-3 months worth of time at least.

As for the PVE... Isn't really that bad, tbh. The idea of the PVE content in PVP territories is so you have "more" to do while having a risk. Not to mention the fact you can actually earn quite a bit by doing the PVE in PVP, especially Skyshards for skill points.

I've spent quite a bit on FE, which I wouldn't say I'd "take back" if I could. As I had fun during that time, but I'd sooner spend 15$ a month actively long before putting anymore money into FE which currently has a terrible combat system.

Granted... I'm still not feeling Nightblades as a "viable" class in group vs group. Most of their abilities are lackluster for a group vs group setting, which is really sad since every other class has "something". Not to say their group vs group toolset is bad...

• AoE fear trap : 4 second duration.. sadly no damage.
  • Whirling Blades : Insanely strong AoE, dual wield. (Can be made to recover stamina for days, or just increase radius for larger AoE...)
  • Piercing Mark : Great to allow more "burst" to said target... sadly it's personal only. Thus it's good for trying to melt a target down if you can get that job done.
  • Lotus Fan : Teleport with AoE snare/damage - Good to trap enemies within an area.. not to mention get in position for your Whirling Blades.

After that it's a toss-up of a few abilities... I'd recommend the figher guild's pull. Sadly "Siphon" isn't exactly huge debuff line, as it focuses on single targets, and the only AoE siphon doesn't even debuff the enemy. I really hope they work on it's group vs group potential. If not the pull, I'd definitely say the Drain Power->Power Extraction would be nice to maximize AoE damage (9 targets with 8% per target = +72% bonus damage) which would definitely make you burst someone (Well more like an entire group between AoE waves) down quite easily.

You could also get rid of the mark, but I am unsure if you can make up for "ignoring" 75% of their resistances. It's a double-edged sword tho, only downside :(

Edited by Reaps989, 05 March 2014 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
That AoE fear skill is really weak.. 2 targets for 4 seconds? I guess it's enough to shutdown a healer. That's what most NBs should be doing in group fights anyway.

Rally(+10-32% Weapon Damage) ->Reaper's Mark(-75% Armor) -> Power Extraction(+11-99% Weapon Damage) -> Critical Rush-> Mass Hysteria -> Shadowy Disguise(+100% Crit Chance) -> Surprise Attack(-40% Armor) -> Wrecking Blow(Next Attack +30% Damage) -> Executioner.. If they aren't dead by now, Wrecking Blow -> Soul Harvest/Killer's Blade. That should pretty much end any healer type.

Veil of Blades is quite good in GvG. 70% snare, DoT, and allies take 30% less damage for 15 seconds + Invisibility synergy.

The Siphoning line could use more debuffs.. but if you want AoE damage, go for a Dragonknight.

I think we should move this to a real ESO forum. xD

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• Wasteland Engineer - Hazmat
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11
I tried 4 different of the "ESO Beta" and TBH I didn't like any of it. I will not be making a TAO in ESO. Good luck to all of you who do enjoy ESO though.

Nebby
Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I tried 4 different of the "ESO Beta" and TBH I didn't like any of it. I will not be making a TAO in ESO. Good luck to all of you who do enjoy ESO though.

Nebby

Understandable, I enjoyed most of it... but I also enjoy hack/slash gameplay. Granted, it is assisted aiming so that's slightly disappointing but it doesn't lag as hard for having so many people due to alot less checks required.

I know I'll most likely see ya on Repopulation tho :o

Posted Image

snoopies78

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11

Nebby

Shame Nebby I was hoping to start a crafting/trading clan with you, as you can have 5 clans it means I can still be in a pvp clan and do hang out in another few clans with different interests.

Posted Image

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
Yeah i guess you have to like the type of game play to be interested into it.. although it isn't a shooter i found the missions to be extremely fun and the AI actually use synergy is a bonus :D. It is something new instead of grinding assault which still hasn't been touched/nerfed or the couple fights a day.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1677 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
So is ESO tab targeting or what? Some say it's tab target and others are saying it's soft target...? Soft target is a very vague term.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
"Soft Target" locks on to the enemy for a few seconds after you target them.

You can tab target, but it only puts a white box around them. Makes it easier in a furball, I guess. Really hoping they remove both of those "features." Aiming is easy enough.

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12

"Soft Target" locks on to the enemy for a few seconds after you target them.

You can tab target, but it only puts a white box around them. Makes it easier in a furball, I guess. Really hoping they remove both of those "features." Aiming is easy enough.

Where as aiming is "easy enough" the hit reg on the other hand would be quite frustrating. I mean you saw how bad client to server lag was in beta. Granted it was only on the North American server and should ease up a little once they put in the fixes and open then EU servers. However i still think if they made it free aim then alot of people would be complaining about hit reg. As for the white box, will not be using that at all, most times you can see your target as there is not much of a "furball" generally people are spread out unless going through a choke point. At that point people shouldn't be trying to find one target and just be using their AOEs

hZ8HJEd.png

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
All they really need to do is shorten the "Soft Target" lock-on time to .3s or so. I think it's 1-2s right now.. and that's way too much. Heh

And yes, I agree on the AoE in furball bit. Not all classes have AoE attacks though.. unless they use certain weapon skills.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

All they really need to do is shorten the "Soft Target" lock-on time to .3s or so. I think it's 1-2s right now.. and that's way too much. Heh

And yes, I agree on the AoE in furball bit. Not all classes have AoE attacks though.. unless they use certain weapon skills.

Eh 1s is fine, any longer than that is kinda meh.

Plus tab target in groups?... Good luck xD

Posted Image

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
it will make charging in, then running back behind your team even easier ;D

It should only be for Bow/ranged players honestly... no need to have tab for melee...

i vote in tabbing for siege equipment :troll_face:

*EDIT* anyone know if you can select a server (not shard) when you play the game? and possibly switch servers.. so russian players and EU players can play with NA players?

Edited by Chrispy Cream, 08 March 2014 - 05:50 AM.

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
http://teso.mmorpg-l...can-megaserver/

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/switch-teso-beta-north-american-megaserver/

That was for the stress test, i am talking about when it is live.. will they allow you to change settings like that so EU and the rest can play on NA servers vice versa...

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
It's still on the launcher so I see no reason why it won't work.

You're also asking in the wrong forums if you want a real answer. Try TESO Elite or the official... Not sure how helpful either of those places are though.

Illwlll

Illwlll

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 21-June 12

That was for the stress test, i am talking about when it is live.. will they allow you to change settings like that so EU and the rest can play on NA servers vice versa...

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5203

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users