KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
Oh, look... more PvD.

But seriously.. it does look fun.. just not sure it's worth $60 for the box and $15 per month after. Anyone that ever wanted a Skyrim Online will love it though.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13
at least its fun pvd rather than 10 minutes of snooze worthy material.

Heretic
Nysak

Shiu

Shiu

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12
Kinda looks like gw2's wvwvw at my eyes, well the guy leads his raid like I used to lead mine

pidian

pidian

pewpew kachew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11
can confirm eso pvp is pretty damn fun and was definitely remember fighting in the battle above. hopefully they make it a little easier for smaller groups to make an impact on the battlefield as currently combat favors the zerg pretty heavily. combat is fast and fun though, and the big seiges are a blast whether attacking or defending as there is always stuff to "do" as you can sneak out and really wreck some havoc with enemy siege equipment if they arent paying attention (unlike FE pvd where the defenders just hole up and the attackers sit'n'spin waiting for their bombs to go off). we'll see if its the next big thing or whether it'll be an epic flop like swtor was but my money is on it being good. already the pvp is leagues beyond what tor ever offered and the pve is much more engaging as well since its not tab-target nonsense either (uses a soft-lock system if you couldnt gather that from the vid)

O2eIhBL.png
1st Clone to Step Foot in S4

pidian

pidian

pewpew kachew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11
another good vid

O2eIhBL.png

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

another good vid

welp good bye FE.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

welp good bye FE.

Will believe it when I see it...heard this a lot.

Heretic
Nysak

flyzardia

flyzardia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11
Wouldn't believe it even if I did see it since FE will always something to come back to so long as the server is up.

I chased and caught a fox in ESO. It didn't say anything but I was impressed.

/signed.
Condemned leader: Flyzardi, Fivriaka, Cabuka, Flyzilla, Not Flyzardi

We die today brothers and sisters, we die crawling from a hundred snares with jet hammers in our necks and and ice shards in our guts. But our war cries will echo through the wasteland! Chota!

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
Well i will always come back and play FE but won't enjoy it as much as eso i bet

Ripperblade

Ripperblade

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12
They seem to employ a some of patterns i dislike in FE. As commenter said small group of people can defend due variety of pve defensive mechanics, so attackers may spend most of time on fighting pve. In one of these vids defenders did smart thing in the end, rushed into weakened attackers, that pvp fight lasted how long - seconds?

snoopies78

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11
On the strength of playing 30 minutes of pvp in ESO I pre-ordered the same day, it is very similar to guild was but with a lot of encouragements to split up and not zerg. A few well organised smaller groups hitting the enemy at different points can cripple them as they chase about with a huge zerg trying to catch you as you chip away at them, in GW2 you can do this but it has much less impact.

Best fight I have had so far was when we took a keep deep in enemy lands and half the team stealthed so the enemy breaking the door down had no idea we had 40+ people inside, when they came in they did it in groups of 10 ish thinking we only had 5 people, we killed over 100 players and held out for over an hour and a half. This mean our zerg was able to take 2 keeps from the enemy as we cut there supply lines in half.

This like this just make the game, due to the nature of the game FE players will have a good advantage over most class based games as they hybred builds seem superior so far. Soft targeting is a little too much on the side of tab, but according to my friend it has changed a few times since he has been playing and he is not sure just how "assisted" it will end up as.

Posted Image

Sharkdog

Sharkdog

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11
It's basically a suped-up version of Dark Age of Camelot with different combat mechanics. Even the tower models look almost identical.

Mythic Entertainment got gobbled up by Bioware/Zenimax, so they knew a good thing when they saw it.

Edited by Sharkdog, 23 February 2014 - 09:42 AM.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

They seem to employ a some of patterns i dislike in FE. As commenter said small group of people can defend due variety of pve defensive mechanics, so attackers may spend most of time on fighting pve. In one of these vids defenders did smart thing in the end, rushed into weakened attackers, that pvp fight lasted how long - seconds?

That wasn't a small group though. Plus without a strong understanding of things it's questionable how valid said things will be vs decent sized groups...plus there is ways to weaken it to my understanding.

There were pve mechanics in gw2...was still players that decided the outcome of fights and a non idiotic large force would still stomp a small defending force for very obvious reasons.

Nevermind in said games there is offensive siege to counter defensive siege very unlike FE where attackers have only themselves vs an annoying door, a cloner that is for defenders(both games have counters to waypoints to said keeps).

Should give it a proper judge before going THERES PVE MECHANICS...like any game with proper territorial control.

Heretic
Nysak

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

Also since the PvP zone "Cyrodiil" is going to offer caves/dungeons and other PvE it will allow small groups to go out raid (Gank) people who are not paying attention or caught off guard. The siege equipment is good for both sides so you can destroy each others siege equipment to protect the keep or to attack the keep. (Which are very useful to both sides)

I am a bit concerned on the mechanics of the NPCs in the PvP zone since they said lvl 10s will play vs capped leveled 50s i wonder how difficult the NPCs are and if they are high level, or if equivalent to the Balanced level because level 10s will be boosted to the cap level.

*EDIT* Elder Scrolls Online info <-- link to their wiki

Edited by Chrispy Cream, 25 February 2014 - 04:03 AM.

Ripperblade

Ripperblade

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12
@Noir,Crispy

I just imagined for a moment how some clan starts "seriously" defend keep to limits and over of "mechanics allows to do it", basically playing in "world of doors, stone walls and siege artillery". So i'm glad to hear it is not true.

Since you may know better, quesion, how they implemented in-faction killing and spawn/leaving ?

Hope they will roll something similar but in Fallout setting some day.

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

@Noir,Crispy

I just imagined for a moment how some clan starts "seriously" defend keep to limits and over of "mechanics allows to do it", basically playing in "world of doors, stone walls and siege artillery". So i'm glad to hear it is not true.

Since you may know better, quesion, how they implemented in-faction killing and spawn/leaving ?

Hope they will roll something similar but in Fallout setting some day.

No friendly fire :) i love this about a game that means to fight for a faction. yes in elder scrolls their isn't much use to fight over it but the person who has the most keeps or has captured all at one point they crown an emperor which unlocks a skill line.. but only one can be emperor so it isn't soo OP

Spawns are nice in this game, like in the videos I've seen if you die at a keep that is under attack you can't spawn there you either have to run back or /howtohorse? :D the combat is pretty quick compared to furballs. Granted you can pick a stealth class/race (Khajiit(race) Nightblade(class) which is good for stealth you can use a bow for ranged and when they get close disappear and either run away or stealth attack them.

Anyways i am looking foward to the game. A change from fallen earth not soo much the same it but it has similarities.

pidian

pidian

pewpew kachew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11

It's basically a suped-up version of Dark Age of Camelot with different combat mechanics. Even the tower models look almost identical.

Mythic Entertainment got gobbled up by Bioware/Zenimax, so they knew a good thing when they saw it.

forgot who but someone on raidcall made the comparison during a big seige battle that ESO PVP is like DAOC + planetside 2 on steroids. good times.

also recently started playing neverwinter again and the combat system of ESO really feels very similar to it, ESO is just far more customizable (for those who havent gotten a chance to get in on a beta weekend yet)

O2eIhBL.png

Illwlll

Illwlll

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 21-June 12
Most likely I'm gonna pre-order this game. Now that it is allowed to publish videos about ESO I have found this game just more and more interesting. Below one nice video what reminds little bit of some FE pvp videos

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
Dual Wield nightblade

Here is what i think i will be at the start a nightblade khajiit who has a bow and dual wielded daggers or something idk :D

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

This is a game where faction is a hard side like most(when you are in pvp...heard you can switch sides later).

No friendly fire :) i love this about a game that means to fight for a faction. yes in elder scrolls their isn't much use to fight over it but the person who has the most keeps or has captured all at one point they crown an emperor which unlocks a skill line.. but only one can be emperor so it isn't soo OP

Spawns are nice in this game, like in the videos I've seen if you die at a keep that is under attack you can't spawn there you either have to run back or /howtohorse? :D the combat is pretty quick compared to furballs. Granted you can pick a stealth class/race (Khajiit(race) Nightblade(class) which is good for stealth you can use a bow for ranged and when they get close disappear and either run away or stealth attack them.

Anyways i am looking foward to the game. A change from fallen earth not soo much the same it but it has similarities.

Well it's soft lock so yeah. Similarities are very few and minimal and usually have to be stretched to be like FE.

Edited by AgentNoir, 25 February 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Heretic
Nysak

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Dual Wield nightblade

Here is what i think i will be at the start a nightblade khajiit who has a bow and dual wielded daggers or something idk :D

Posted Image

Very impressive. Looks like a mommy load of fun :)

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Behold brothers, there will be another testing this weekend. Everyone that have access already got extra key so prepare for crowd.

Posted Image

pidian

pidian

pewpew kachew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11
yep yep, starts noon again on friday (EST) and runs until midnight EST this sunday. its another stress test so it'll be nuts and we keep our toons from the last events so the pvp fields will be hoppin. if anybody wants my extra key shoot me a PM with your email. as a bonus, apparently participating in this beta weekend nets us a free monkey pet when the game goes live. neat!

O2eIhBL.png

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

yep yep, starts noon again on friday (EST) and runs until midnight EST this sunday. its another stress test so it'll be nuts and we keep our toons from the last events so the pvp fields will be hoppin. if anybody wants my extra key shoot me a PM with your email. as a bonus, apparently participating in this beta weekend nets us a free monkey pet when the game goes live. neat!

haha yeah i got mine :D gratz to that person who has 30 email accounts with beta access :D

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
double post

Edited by Chrispy Cream, 26 February 2014 - 01:22 PM.

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
BUMP some condemned are in ESO right now aldmeri-dominion fighting in the Azura's Star PvP Campaign. We mainly defend Roebeck/Alessia/Faregyl and attack nickle/FortAsh/sejanus if anyone was interested :D come fight with us or come fight us.

Leading 6 groups of people not in comms is hard as hell but in the end it is a really fun game :)

Sang

Sang

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11
A Redguard named Sweet Sang is wandering around there somewhere :heehee:
I haven't tried the pvp yet, just level 6 but it's nice to hear you guys are enjoying the game.

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
So today we had our first TeamSpeak full raid and we had a couple people live streaming it was probably the best pvp i've ever had in any game :D it shows that 1 organized raid can run the map. :D anyone else got any interesting stories of their beta experience?

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12
Pantless Wood Elves went deep into enemy territory, hell we pretty much knocked on the front door of Ebon Heart. Needless to say they were not happy with our "Welcome To Cloner Camping" party. Pretty sure most of heretic a sold with this game. Should be our home for a long while. Good Bye FE (at least for a while). PvE is amazing group wise. You should check out some of the dungeons in the pvp map. Just explore, we found so much mommy. Watching one of our guys get kicked off the mountain by a gosh darning Giant was the highlight of tonight.

hZ8HJEd.png

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Watching one of our guys get kicked off the mountain by a gosh darning Giant was the highlight of tonight.

Poor Ziva Silverblood. He will be missed.

8 people trying to climb a mountain... There was a door at the bottom to teleport to the top. GG

Mashed

Mashed

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 02-July 12
This just in, Heretic up to there normal shaninigans of sitting up by gate keep and cutting off all reinforcments from the pact we report about 40 dead from the onslaught until we meet a quick death to a raid of 30 looking only for us RUN TO THE TREES MY BROTHER WOOD ELFS TO THE TREES. More news at 11.

Posted Image
" Da Whistles go WHEWW WHEWWW ."

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

This just in, Heretic up to there normal shaninigans of sitting up by gate keep and cutting off all reinforcments from the pact we report about 40 dead from the onslaught until we meet a quick death to a raid of 30 looking only for us RUN TO THE TREES MY BROTHER WOOD ELFS TO THE TREES. More news at 11.

I made them all suck my spicy balls :o
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

snoopies78

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11

Pantless Wood Elves went deep into enemy territory, hell we pretty much knocked on the front door of Ebon Heart. Needless to say they were not happy with our "Welcome To Cloner Camping" party. Pretty sure most of heretic a sold with this game. Should be our home for a long while. Good Bye FE (at least for a while). PvE is amazing group wise. You should check out some of the dungeons in the pvp map. Just explore, we found so much mommy. Watching one of our guys get kicked off the mountain by a gosh darning Giant was the highlight of tonight.

The lack of mini map and the fact all characters have the option to stealth, not just one class like other dull games, makes the pvp in ESO. For once someone has managed to make a MMO where going behind enemy lines to disrupt them is not only great fun but if done right can swing a battle or two.

The game is looking amazing so far, with one worry that the lag will ruin pvp, that aside it offers plenty of chance for both skilled players and tactical players to shine. And the pve is good enough to even keep us pvpers happy, first time I have seem Clan Heretic members actually all enjoy pve and go looking for more.

Posted Image

pidian

pidian

pewpew kachew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11
the game is just plain FUN. pvp especially. i actually find pvp in this game very stress-free unless waiting for the perfect moment to spring an ambush or if the lags have overtaken me. i'd also like to add that the ebonheart pact won and held the emperorship on azura's star for a good chunk of the weekend with our assistance. but after taking a break, came back, and mother of god did we get gang-banged from all sides, lol. finally managed to push back in the evening after taking over leadership of some raids (damn mmo nubs all going nord since theyre skyrim kids) but we had the most scrolls so neener neener neener

kinda bizarre out of all those shards we ended up still fighting each other :)

O2eIhBL.png

Racquel

Racquel

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12

The lack of mini map and the fact all characters have the option to stealth, not just one class like other dull games, makes the pvp in ESO. For once someone has managed to make a MMO where going behind enemy lines to disrupt them is not only great fun but if done right can swing a battle or two.

The game is looking amazing so far, with one worry that the lag will ruin pvp, that aside it offers plenty of chance for both skilled players and tactical players to shine. And the pve is good enough to even keep us pvpers happy, first time I have seem Clan Heretic members actually all enjoy pve and go looking for more.

I think that the lag will die down once they open up all the servers. I am hoping they don't Region lock the servers. Could be cool to get some "private" fights going once we are all in a state to do so. Just go some where off towards the edge of the map, bring foward camps and soul gems.

hZ8HJEd.png

flyzardia

flyzardia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11

+1
It makes for a good laugh because the character is shown holding the map in world and everyone pulls out their map frequently during battle. :D

The stealth fighting is impressive. A number of times this weekend I found a nice little nook in the hillside and just sat back to watch waves of raids flow through next to me into the three way battle down the hill.

This is definitely a game of epic proportions pvp-wise and there's a million ways to go about it.

For the last few hours cc and I were doing two-man hit and runs amidst a massive faction battle over Alessia. When he logged I joined up with the group and we pushed countless waves of enemies from that keep, across a bridge, and all the way to the next keep to take that one. Then when they started pushing back I beat them back to our base and I set up a group of weapons to camp them as they came back to the bridge doorway choke point. :rofl: So much fun watching the battles evolve throughout the day.

Pve is flawless outside of a few bugged missions and any issues I had during pvp were just from the chaos of it being a stress test weekend. :thumbsup:

Other random highlights:
  • /sitchair actually pulls out a wooden chair in world
  • There's a dog chasing a cat around in one of the towns.
  • Rats give loot that can be used as fishing bait.
  • Horses auto dismount when hopping over stairs and rivers
  • There's freaking mammoths and giants to fight in the snow-covered mountains of northern Cyrodiil. :viking:

Condemned leader: Flyzardi, Fivriaka, Cabuka, Flyzilla, Not Flyzardi

We die today brothers and sisters, we die crawling from a hundred snares with jet hammers in our necks and and ice shards in our guts. But our war cries will echo through the wasteland! Chota!

Harza

Harza

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12
I quite enjoy these random errors with this site..

Edited by Harza, 03 March 2014 - 07:30 AM.

Sometimes it takes some time

KhoRzz

KhoRzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12
Posted Image

:(

Harza

Harza

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12
So tab target, much hype

That said, if the combat has enough depth it all looks pretty interesting. Probably end up just blasting through the PvE and laugh at circles trying to be "good"
Sometimes it takes some time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users