6 replies to this topic

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
I've noticed over time that by now most UI's are outdated (Some not showing faction colours, others not showing Dome stuff and whatnot) so I'm writing this in hopes of stimulating this part of the community. A new UI not only can contain new or improved features, they also give a fresh look to the game.

So I'm curious as to who else is active and knowledgeable with making UI's and possibly if players who made some of the UI's that are outdated whether they'd consider updating them or be fine with someone else updating them. I've also seen a lot of UI's that are always unfinished posted here or even people I know in game who begin to make UI's but never finish them.

So here's two of my UI's as demonstration, maybe some people will be inspired by a finished UI. I must note that the work of these UI's are not solely by me, there's two people who have put work into them as well.

My currently used UI, seen in my videos that a lot of people ask me about :)
Note: The healthbar is from the combat ui but has added features (Mail icon, XP indicator).
Posted Image

Same UI but colour scheme changed as request by a clanny :)
Posted Image

I'll also offer my assistance and knowledge if anyone needs a hand with making a UI.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Not bad, granted the boarder of windows looks kinda odd... but still a nice UI.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Not bad, granted the boarder of windows looks kinda odd... but still a nice UI.

I like clean UI's that don't have an overpowering amount of colour. Looking through forums prior to making this UI, I seen some nice ones but they had some things that were very unappealing for me like different icons, a very different healthbar and whatnot. So I took inspiration, and with help of two others made something clean, not overpowering and good features and improvements.

oum60z.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I like clean UI's that don't have an overpowering amount of colour. Looking through forums prior to making this UI, I seen some nice ones but they had some things that were very unappealing for me like different icons, a very different healthbar and whatnot. So I took inspiration, and with help of two others made something clean, not overpowering and good features and improvements.

Ya they are quite clean, just noticed those spots... slightly OCD. Still a good UI.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Ya they are quite clean, just noticed those spots... slightly OCD. Still a good UI.

Which spots? Might just be from colour loss from going PNG to JPG.

oum60z.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Which spots? Might just be from colour loss from going PNG to JPG.

Notice where you can close the window, to the left of it. There's like a line and suddenly it the rest to the left is raised compared to the rest.

It's only one spot on each boarder, all the same, just bothered me xD

Posted Image

Knightomaire

Knightomaire

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 02-March 13

Available for download still?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users