Photo

"The Repopulation"- Will FE lose players for this game?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

AnarchoNomad

AnarchoNomad

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 10-September 13
Been following the new MMORPG and honestly...it looks really good. My question: Do you think Fallen Earth will lose players to The Repopulation? It has more features and looks like it will add more game play and features than FE...

If it is as good as I think it will be I do not think I will be visiting FE as much as I do now (Almost all the time).

I just think FE needs to pick up the pace and add more features...

Any ideas?

76561198068251029.png

Need to contact me? Eco Anarchist/Spaztrooper <----- That's me!

Kingllama

Kingllama

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11
The repopulation might take some players but it won't capture that Post apocalyptic feeling Fallen earth has. It does have a cool housing system. It

Edited by Kingllama, 05 December 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
The repop will most likely take some PVE players away from fallen earth as it has a great crafting/fitting system. Don't know about PVP tho. probably not.

G1 needs to do more for end game crafting in this game. Its sad how irrelevant crafting is once you reach level 45. Everything prior to level 45 is great.

The repopulation might take some players but it won't capture that Post apocalyptic feeling Fallen earth has.

The repop is kind of post apocalyptic as well. Its just more of a science fiction setting than what FE/Fallout has with deserts and canyons.

Edited by Kiryuha, 05 December 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Repopulation, even if it's tab targeted, would easily take away PVPers from FE "if" it has enough to it.

If it delivers on PVP, I know quite a few people who would go it to for contestable territory alone.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Repopulation, even if it's tab targeted, would easily take away PVPers from FE "if" it has enough to it.

If it delivers on PVP, I know quite a few people who would go it to for contestable territory alone.

yea the contestable territory seems like a good pvp feature. Very few mmo games out there have what they are trying to do. Its still too early to tell if its going to be successful. From what I read on their site..they are also doing a hardcore server for people who only care about pvp. Hardcore server won't have any safe regions at all and looting dead players would be allowed. Only protection you will have is from faction guards and other players :) sounds like fun for those who only want pvp.

Advent Child

Advent Child

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 27-August 13
I'm really liking how it looks. Between it, Rust, Mad Max, Elder Scrolls Online and a few other games that are showing a lot of promise, I'm pretty sure FE's population is going to drop down to the hundreds by this time next year, which is quite sad as FE does have a good foundation to build from if the Dev team would just fix the existing content and bugs, focus more on player retention between levels 15-45 and give endgame PVE/Crafters some more love. Instead they just seem to be fully focused on developing more and more new (useless?) content.

Edited by Advent Child, 06 December 2013 - 12:57 AM.

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
As blog says, The Outpost is focused for end game crafting. We will see.

yea the contestable territory seems like a good pvp feature. Very few mmo games out there have what they are trying to do. Its still too early to tell if its going to be successful. From what I read on their site..they are also doing a hardcore server for people who only care about pvp. Hardcore server won't have any safe regions at all and looting dead players would be allowed. Only protection you will have is from faction guards and other players :) sounds like fun for those who only want pvp.

Sounds like ganking paradise

Edited by Alvaro Early, 06 December 2013 - 01:54 AM.

Posted Image

pidian

pidian

pewpew kachew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11
for those interested, apparently the repop devs are doing a reddit AMA this afternoon....

link to announcement

O2eIhBL.png
1st Clone to Step Foot in S4

Syrinx Saldana

Syrinx Saldana

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 03-March 12
I've been meaning to throw money at Repop for a very long time, just keep forgetting.

it looks good and if the PvP is anything like FE without all the stupidity FE PVP has then I can see MANY people jumping ship. Just like peopel where prepared to jump ship for Grim World or whatever it was called, before it got canned.
Posted Image

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13
I, for one am about ready to jump the FE ship, even without Repop. The ddos attacks, the crashes, the lag.....all too much for me, gives me migraines. Still, I do love FE and want to see it fixed. If Repop's PvP is as good or better, without all the cyber-drama, though..it'll be hard to stay with FE.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Syrinx Saldana

Syrinx Saldana

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 03-March 12
If your getting sick of FE take a break and come back in a few weeks/months. Sure some of your friends will of left but there will be others around and the meta game may of changed enough to get you interested enough. If not just take a longer break and play something else. There are several good games coming out or out on early access that show promise (though not like FE at all) that would welcome your cash and feed back and not all of them are actually terrible which is a nice surprise.
Posted Image

Gapetta

Gapetta

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

If your getting sick of FE take a break and come back in a few weeks/months. Sure some of your friends will of left but there will be others around and the meta game may of changed enough to get you interested enough. If not just take a longer break and play something else. There are several good games coming out or out on early access that show promise (though not like FE at all) that would welcome your cash and feed back and not all of them are actually terrible which is a nice surprise.

Gapetta

Gapetta

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Take that G1 filter.

Syrinx Saldana

Syrinx Saldana

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 03-March 12
Leave me alone Gap...geeze! :P
Posted Image

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

I, for one am about ready to jump the FE ship, even without Repop. The ddos attacks, the crashes, the lag.....all too much for me, gives me migraines. Still, I do love FE and want to see it fixed. If Repop's PvP is as good or better, without all the cyber-drama, though..it'll be hard to stay with FE.

***** please you got it easy. Play when G1 initially took over then you can *****.

No game will not have cyber drama, welcome to online games. Be happy the worst offenders left before you played.

Edited by AgentNoir, 27 January 2014 - 06:22 AM.

Heretic
Nysak

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

I've been meaning to throw money at Repop for a very long time, just keep forgetting.

it looks good and if the PvP is anything like FE without all the stupidity FE PVP has then I can see MANY people jumping ship. Just like peopel where prepared to jump ship for Grim World or whatever it was called, before it got canned.

That was beta(alpha) testing and was mostly 'oooo this looks good' as it had good ground work but we didn't see a lot.

Edited by AgentNoir, 27 January 2014 - 06:35 AM.

Heretic
Nysak

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13
What's up with the hate, Noir......did I offend you in another thread or sumthin? :emoticon-monster-003: I'm not talking crap, just stating my position. I literally get migraines from the laggy motion blur, and I'm sure the crashes and ddos attacks bother you as much as they bother me. As far as "easy", no one said this was difficult. The RW has been a lot tougher, this is supposed to be relaxation...and when I do get to enjoy a little on-line fun, I look forward to some game, not a ddos attack. It's really that simple. It's all about happy, happy fun :elephantdance: :elephantdance: So show Kit some love...I really am loveable! Really!!!

DLBanner1.jpg

Hyunn

Hyunn

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14
>.>

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

What's up with the hate, Noir......did I offend you in another thread or sumthin? :emoticon-monster-003: I'm not talking crap, just stating my position. I literally get migraines from the laggy motion blur, and I'm sure the crashes and ddos attacks bother you as much as they bother me. As far as "easy", no one said this was difficult. The RW has been a lot tougher, this is supposed to be relaxation...and when I do get to enjoy a little on-line fun, I look forward to some game, not a ddos attack. It's really that simple. It's all about happy, happy fun :elephantdance: :elephantdance: So show Kit some love...I really am loveable! Really!!!

Initial line was meant as a hyperbole, because the 'lag' now is a dream compared to when G1 took over. Wasn't anything personal, was meant to be overly exagerated beyond reason.

I don't usually play now actually because I dislike how the combat system turned...got boring in my opinion(and I've jumped on tents and in circles doing nothing long enough). Although it being down doesn't bother me when it was, I'll play something else because the game being down isn't hurting me any way nor am I risking anything.

Although it's recommended to have a side game for FE even if it didn't suffer ddos.

Heretic
Nysak

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13
Any recommendations? I am trying to avoid going back to WoW, and for some strange reason, my lappy won't run Panzar....

DLBanner1.jpg

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13
There's a good selection all depending on what you are looking for...that is the only real factor imo especially with the choices out there and what is coming out.

Heretic
Nysak

Soda

Soda

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Any recommendations? I am trying to avoid going back to WoW, and for some strange reason, my lappy won't run Panzar....

EVE Online is quite amazing, if you've always dreamt of becoming a space accountant, like myself. Rust is the go-to "Like FE, but is actually kind of playable" game for many an FE migrator. I know some went to Nether as well. If you like WoW, I can heartedly recommend The Secret World. Personally, I enjoyed TERA Online, particuarly the PVP. RaiderZ should be quite good as well, if you're into that genre.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13
Thanks, guys...I'm gonna take a serious look at Rust and RaiderZ...

DLBanner1.jpg

Soda

Soda

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Some mates and I are going to try out RaiderZ, tomorrow. See ya' on the battlefield. ;D

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

RaiderZ?... Oh man, good luck.

Edit : I tried for a bit due friends wanting to...

Edited by Reaps989, 29 January 2014 - 10:20 PM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1677 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
Anyone currently playing RaiderZ? How bad is the pay 2 win in it? PWI has an impeccable history for this.. They always throw all the pay 2 win stuff in at endgame so new players aren't scared away until endgame and at this point have invested too much time to not consider putting real money in :Ha Ha Ha:

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Anyone currently playing RaiderZ? How bad is the pay 2 win in it? PWI has an impeccable history for this.. They always throw all the pay 2 win stuff in at endgame so new players aren't scared away until endgame and at this point have invested too much time to not consider putting real money in :Ha Ha Ha:

I think it's just convenient items... like skill/talent tree resets and such. At least it wasn't when I tried it >_>

Posted Image

Konilo

Konilo

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14
I think (mind you i haven't played in years but...) That all the game needs is a good set of wardens. i need to see any of these games out here with a staff of honest players who give a flying fladoodle about the game. The problem tends to be one of two things with good games, bad communication between owners and players or bad owners, OR it does let players become staff and they become corrupt greedy and power crazed. Now mind you there needs to be a active staff of company reps willing to slap the players on the wrists if they goof. But those are the guys making real money off it so they need to give a flap about it. Genuinely we need a game run by players for players and some special staff on the side to guide player admins or mods to the path of the righteous should they need a helping hand that is. Do it like the government of the USA but right.

- Special post by random nobody of not caring what you think of his random outbursts late at night in the dark goodbye.

*source* Coming back after three years and seeing whats changed or moreover what has not.

Advent Child

Advent Child

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 27-August 13

EVE Online

Posted Image

But seriously, not a fan of Pretend Internet Spaceships. I normally don't play alphas but Rust is pretty damn good for being an alpha and they're adding new/improved content every two weeks or so. I have high hopes for it. It's quite entertaining to run around naked with a bow and arrow ganking groups of 3-4 people in full Kevlar with shotguns and assault rifles. I haven't played Nether yet but it looks quite good as well. I'm hoping to get and play it once I get a solid internwebs again.

Soda

Soda

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Posted Image

But seriously, not a fan of Pretend Internet Spaceships. I normally don't play alphas but Rust is pretty damn good for being an alpha and they're adding new/improved content every two weeks or so. I have high hopes for it. It's quite entertaining to run around naked with a bow and arrow ganking groups of 3-4 people in full Kevlar with shotguns and assault rifles. I haven't played Nether yet but it looks quite good as well. I'm hoping to get and play it once I get a solid internwebs again.

Nether is supposedly run/developed by some of the same guys as The War Z - It plays accordingly. Personally, Rust would be my choice for the genre, but being a space accountant is currently my primary off-work occupation.

Edited by Soda, 10 February 2014 - 04:03 AM.

Brock Enders

Brock Enders

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 05-April 14
Personally, I wont be going over to Repop. I am kinda new to FE, having just discovered it last month looking specifically for a game that reminded me of Fallout with mmo capability. What I found here is so much more, and I am in love with this game. It's completely sandbox, with the ability to do pretty much whatever the hell you want, which is exactly what I like. The Repopulation looks like Halo on steroids to me....no thank you.
Posted Image

urzen

urzen

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 16-October 11

Personally, I wont be going over to Repop. I am kinda new to FE, having just discovered it last month looking specifically for a game that reminded me of Fallout with mmo capability. What I found here is so much more, and I am in love with this game. It's completely sandbox, with the ability to do pretty much whatever the hell you want, which is exactly what I like. The Repopulation looks like Halo on steroids to me....no thank you.

Whatever you want so long as you progress from sector to sector, and only pvp in designated areas. Its superficially sandbox. Youll see.

Brock Enders

Brock Enders

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 05-April 14

Whatever you want so long as you progress from sector to sector, and only pvp in designated areas. Its superficially sandbox. Youll see.

Oh believe me, I have noticed that already. I just like the free roam atmosphere, and the ability to derp around making guns if I don't feel like fighting. And really, you can flag and pvp anywhere from what I've seen....so long as others are flagged too. :akimbo:
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users