• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5226 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Good news!! LIVE tomorrow (Thursday) morning at the usual time of 10am (BST) estimated downtime 3 hours (hopefully sooner)

New Feature - Medal Tracking:

1.13.1 sees the introduction of medal tracking to APB. If you open your character info screen ([J]) and select the Achievements tab, you'll see that we've added a medal section that shows you all the medals you've earned. We started tracking these in 1.13.0, so anything you've earned since then will be displayed already and anything you have yet to earn will be greyed out.

New Music:

We've added Part 2 of the Artist Programme as well as Music by Certain Death and a remix of a track by "A Space Love Adventure" by Farfletched.

Artist Programme Part 2:

1. The Q's: Can We Escape Tonight
2. Santiago Street Machine: Noisemaker
3. Ed Harbinger – Jinnosuke
4. Mosphet - Hope (Radio Edit)
5. Professor Kliq - The Vowel Song
6. The Ok Social Club - The Shape Of Things To Come
7. UKID – Crooks
8. Vices - Senior Kittizen
9. WobsTasy - Broken chords

Certain Death:
1. Beat From The Street
2. Faker
3. Sex Drive
4. Super Smokin' Thunder Bowl

A Space Love Adventure:
1. A Space Love Adventure - Nicole (Farfletched Remix)

New System Command - Network Test:

We've implemented a new chat command that allows players to take a snap shot of their network performance to assist us with evaluating and improving the game, and server's, network performance.
Players simply need to enter /latencytest into the chat bar and the game will start taking a snapshot of relevant data (traceroute, ping time etc).
This process takes 10 minutes and the player can stop it at any time by re-entering the same command again. The information will be output to the log folder, in APBGame/Logs/, as "Latency - <Date>.csv". and can be sent on to support for review.

Other Changes and Fixes:

JOKER DISTRIBUTION (PLAYER CONTENT):

• Adding the winning vehicles from the "Noob Mobile" forum contest to Joker Distribution in Breakwater (Social district).

WEAPON SKINS

• (ACT 44): Added weapon skin support for the ACT-44 magnum and updated the Golden Marksmen skin to use the latest gold shader.
  • (LCR): Adding Weapon Skin support for the STAR 556 LCR,
  • (LTL): Adding Weapon Skin support for the Stabba PIG and Stabba NL-9.
  • ACES Rifles and SMGs leased through Joker Distribution are now skinnable.

BUG FIX

• CHAT: Players can now use team chat while dead.
  • UI (ELECTIVE SPAWNING): Players can no longer place personal waypoints on the elective spawning map.
  • CLIENT CRASH: Fixed an issue that could occur if you attempted to close the game in windowed mode using the cross button on the top right.
  • SERVER CRASH: Fixed a data issue that could cause a server to crash.
  • CLIENT CRASH: Fixed an issue were your client would crash on deleting the last character on your account.
  • CLIENT: More fixes for issues related to data clean up, that could previously have led to client crashes when the user switched districts or closes the game.
  • CLIENT: Further fixes for issues related to streaming and garbage collection that could previously have led to client crashes.
  • DAILY ACTIVITIES: Criminal kill streak activities now correctly reset on arrest.
  • INSPECT: Role and achievement data will now be correct for the player you are inspecting - previously it would show your data as theirs.
  • WEAPONS: N-HVR 243-SDs now use the correct weapon inventory icon.
  • WEAPON SKINS: Fixes to the France Weapon Skin on several weapons.
  • UI: Fixed an issue where if you cancelled the rename dialog, it would do the same as pressing OK.
  • TEXT: Nanos without a silencer no longer say that they have one in the description text.
  • TEXT: Fixing the HUD text of the Daily Activity 'Like a Gelding Knife', to correctly tell players to kill a heat 5 Enforcer.
  • TEXT: Fixing the HUD text of the Daily Activity 'Shock and Awe', so that it is now correctly using 'Notoriety rather than 'Prestige''.
  • WHEELS: Fixed a visual corruption issue with the tires of the dump trucks and cement mixers.
  • AUDIO: Fixed numerous bullet casing sounds that were previously not present. This affects: Silenced FBW, NFAS Shotgun, Snub Nose Revolver, Silenced PMG, Colby .45, Aces SMGs and Anubis Sniper Rifle.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

-Killerskull-

-Killerskull-

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5548 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11
Woa

INSPECT: Role and achievement data will now be correct for the player you are inspecting - previously it would show your data as theirs.

Brings back RTW beta memories.

Wonder what these medals are all about.

Edited by zoneout, 15 October 2013 - 01:33 PM.

"Careful not to cut yourself on those edgy words"

vv Clicky licky to watch vids of my city vv
5xmxx.jpg

PGIAbyss

PGIAbyss

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Joined 24-April 13
Cool patch! :D

wassey

wassey

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13
i hope the mikro wont cost a flippin 10k jt
Posted Image

Sarif

Sarif

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

These are some pretty cool patch notes, I can't wait to finally be able to skin my LCR. Are there any other weapon which hasn't received skin support at this point?

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12
Wow! So much good stuff!
And Hey! Only Stabba TG8 and Joker FRP 9 left and you skinned all the guns! :wub:

I'm completely amazed of the great idea to actually implement something into the game that can help making the servers better! This is awesome!

Edited by Ellix, 15 October 2013 - 10:02 PM.

EllixOnline dw_EX2_Hi.png Citadel EU

Thehidden-Tember

Thehidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8985 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

[*]CHAT: Players can now use team chat while dead.

Oh my god! been waiting for this for like, 2 years. Will be perfect for my upcoming event.
However about the waypoint thinguy I liked it the way it was ._. for instance being able to place a marker on the enemy position to orient yourself as soon as you spawn.

I agree on removing the annoying left click one but I hope the right-click one is still there.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Mozie

Mozie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1826 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11
;);)

Original Social Warrior

Official Thread killah

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

Nice mini-patch, i like the team chat fix (FINALLY!) and the inspect fixes most, medal count is nice tho, i can't deny it.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

SilentCaay

SilentCaay

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2760 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
Woah, skins galore. Always nice. I may have to reevaluate the LCR.

*CHAT: Players can now use team chat while dead.
Finally!

*UI (ELECTIVE SPAWNING): Players can no longer place personal waypoints on the elective spawning map.
*INSPECT: Role and achievement data will now be correct for the player you are inspecting - previously it would show your data as theirs.

Nice.

And the performance/stability fixes are always great to see even though I don't usually have any client-side problems in that department.

However about the waypoint thinguy I liked it the way it was ._. for instance being able to place a marker on the enemy position to orient yourself as soon as you spawn.

You always spawn facing North. It's pretty easy to instantly spin to the right direction if you know that and then follow the geography from there.

Edited by Silent Caay, 15 October 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12
Question! Will the Last-stand ACT get skins too? :o Please? !

EllixOnline dw_EX2_Hi.png Citadel EU

Othergrunty

Othergrunty

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • Joined 21-June 12
Sounds good.

Small fixes and additions are better than none.

MonteJr

MonteJr

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5065 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11
Nice patch indeed. Glad to finally see some of these fixes implemented. :3

Posted Image
Aimbotter: "Which hack do you use? Your's is better than mine"

Stranger: "Monte giving away nanos in Social!"
Me: "I am?"
Stranger: "Oh S---!"

Nickolai

Nickolai

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Joined 10-January 12
Great patch!Thanks for all the skins!
- Enforcer - AC3S

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08
Damn, I forgot to submit that ticket on the DMR not having the Joker Associate skin when I choose it.
Might get to later.
Any way this is very good progress on the game so far, the small things DO matter, before the devs were doing jack but this is now a beautiful game of catch up. Keep doing what you do RP!

Also just a tad question here if you can answer it, do you have plans on adding tiers of rewards for earning a set amount of medals in your collection like a symbol or cash reward even?

Edited by OniShema, 15 October 2013 - 02:07 PM.

CRIMINAL-MadalenaKurtz      Jericho-NA       Clan:  Joker Rejects

I didn't leave the game, I'm just working.   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

RaviaxChan

RaviaxChan

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 26-June 13
You guys forgot to add in the option to be able to PAINT the new Djin rims on the Enforcer Citidel van!

[ RaviaxChan - Joker | RaviaxSan - Joker ]
Please refer to my "Main" Forum Account: Raviax

gogol

gogol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3445 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11
Skinnable LCR yayyyyyyy

And the /team fix is also nice. Ive been soloing lately and having to remember/guess the name of the teammate near me when I got killed, to whisper them "BEHIND YOU" was pretty stressing lol

Edited by gogol, 15 October 2013 - 02:38 PM.

hi i like purple im a vegan and i vape

WDYmX4i.png

4slot nascar)

KaiXI

KaiXI

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 06-January 12

god this please

Tnl68tX.png
w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Kay11 | HIVE | APB:R - Jericho

Skullriot

Skullriot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5970 posts
  • Joined 03-October 12

Yep.

SilentCaay

SilentCaay

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2760 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

Yep.

Excellent. I always forget the Last Stand has a slightly different model so it didn't even occur to me that it might not be skinnable with the way the OP is worded =P

WingedArc

WingedArc

Always at fault

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5156 posts
  • Joined 01-May 12
You really need to start Sticking this stuff up Tiggs ^_^

“You have enemies? Good, That means you've stood up for something, Sometime in your life.”

-Sir Winston Churchill

GamersFirst Support | GamersFirst Terms of Use | Community Guidelines

AdmiralDeath

AdmiralDeath

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1782 posts
  • Joined 10-June 12
Wow Tiggs, Just wow.

You deserve a statue my friend.

Archsonic

Archsonic

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts
  • Joined 19-August 11
This is considered a small-ish patch but to me it's probably the best patch in G1's history.

Edited by Archsonic, 15 October 2013 - 03:08 PM.

APB Purchase History Tool
Criminal R255, Enforcer R255, Enforcer R170
555 kills in one session

Konomba

Konomba

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2183 posts
  • Joined 03-December 11
Quite a few long overdue changes, seems like these new people are getting on top of things.
Also, more skins ^_^ More customization never hurts.
"It's a new age of confusion, and the rules of engagement have changed."
Posted Image

freq

freq

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2555 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11
Lots of good stuff in a relatively small patch. Good job.

Posted Image

Posted Image|Posted Image|Posted Image

Skullriot

Skullriot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5970 posts
  • Joined 03-October 12

Quite a few long overdue changes, seems like these new people are getting on top of things.
Also, more skins ^_^ More customization never hurts.

It's the same dev team, just new PR.... -.-

Are there any other weapon which hasn't received skin support at this point?

TG-8 and the RFP as far as I can see.

Edited by Skullriot, 15 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

MemoBook

MemoBook

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13

To me it's probably the best patch in G1's history.

Are you serious?

Edited by MemoBook, 15 October 2013 - 03:13 PM.

Quackers

Quackers

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined 28-January 12
BUG FIX

CHAT: Players can now use team chat while dead.
UI (ELECTIVE SPAWNING): Players can no longer place personal waypoints on the elective spawning map.
CLIENT CRASH: Fixed an issue that could occur if you attempted to close the game in windowed mode using the cross button on the top right.
SERVER CRASH: Fixed a data issue that could cause a server to crash.
CLIENT CRASH: Fixed an issue were your client would crash on deleting the last character on your account.
CLIENT: More fixes for issues related to data clean up, that could previously have led to client crashes when the user switched districts or closes the game.
CLIENT: Further fixes for issues related to streaming and garbage collection that could previously have led to client crashes.
DAILY ACTIVITIES: Criminal kill streak activities now correctly reset on arrest.
INSPECT: Role and achievement data will now be correct for the player you are inspecting - previously it would show your data as theirs.
WEAPONS: N-HVR 243-SDs now use the correct weapon inventory icon.
WEAPON SKINS: Fixes to the France Weapon Skin on several weapons.
UI: Fixed an issue where if you cancelled the rename dialog, it would do the same as pressing OK.
TEXT: Nano's without a silencer no longer say that they have one in the description text.
TEXT: Fixing the HUD text of the Daily Activity 'Like a Gelding Knife', to correctly tell players to kill a heat 5 Enforcer.
TEXT: Fixing the HUD text of the Daily Activity 'Shock and Awe', so that it is now correctly using 'Notoriety rather than 'Prestige''.
WHEELS: Fixed a visual corruption issue with the tires of the dump trucks and cement mixers.
AUDIO: Fixed numerous bullet casing sounds that were previously not present. This affects: Silenced FBW, NFAS Shotgun, Snub Nose Revolver, Silenced PMG, Colby .45, Aces SMGs and Anubis Sniper Rifle.

Oh thank god it's finally fixed!

Seriously, I'm receiving much joy.
Joker (a.k.a. Extreme lag simulator 2013) #rekt Click here to check out my clan. RECRUITING ENF we use TS3
Enf- TheBipolarBear - r235
Crim- Capitalist - r48

Bleeder91

Bleeder91

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2844 posts
  • Joined 28-October 11
- LCR skins.
- ACT GM PR1 decent gold skin now.
- team chat while dead.
- No more annoying waypoints in the spawn selection screen.

I don't give a turd about the music but dayum, I'm impressed.

Edited by Bleeder91, 15 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

fnmod_character_fragile.pngfnmod_character_valzipram.pngfnmod_character_remotedetonator.pngfnmod_consumable_epinephrine.png        icon_smg_aces-rifle_gold.pngfnmod_weapon_extendedbarrel.pngfnmod_weapon_mobilitysling.pngfnmod_weapon_magazinepull3.png        icon_flaregun_gold.pngfnmod_weapon_flare.png        icon_grenade_frag.png        macchinacalabria127.pngfnmod_vehicle_mobilesupplyunit.pngfnmod_vehicle_muffler.pngfnmod_vehicle_explosives3.pngfnmod_vehicle_brick.png

KaiXI

KaiXI

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 06-January 12

one thing bugs me though, why would snub nose have casing sound? it's a revolver, it just doesn't eject any bullet cases at all.

Tnl68tX.png
w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Kay11 | HIVE | APB:R - Jericho

Cherohala

Cherohala

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1540 posts
  • Joined 24-June 11
Nice to see some of the older bugs *finally* getting the boot. And this new client command for network watching sounds very interesting. Another good patch :)

cedarijnforumcut1_by_91coffees-d8lluo1.p  epheebackforumcut1_by_91coffees-d8lm3qb.   oktoberforumcut1_by_91coffees-d8lls7g.pnjoke_rchars_by_91coffees-d8llxfn.pngobeya_chars_by_91coffees-d8lla0w.png

cedarijnforumcut2_by_91coffees-d8lluob.p  epheebackforumcut2_by_91coffees-d8lm3qi.   oktoberforumcut2_by_91coffees-d8lls7n.pnlinktower1_by_91coffees-d8lm4wd.png               linktower2_by_91coffees-d8lm4wh.png        linktower3_by_91coffees-d8lm4wo.png

Я плохо говорю по-русский но я пытаюсь

The Rogue Wolf

The Rogue Wolf

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2292 posts
  • Joined 17-January 11

one thing bugs me though, why would snub nose have casing sound? it's a revolver, it just doesn't eject any bullet cases at all.

It does when you reload. Though I'm not sure the game models that correctly- I never unlocked the RSA and don't use the SNR.

This is an authentic Rogue Wolf post. Collect the whole set! New to the game? Look here. Why not watch my videos too?

Posted Image

I have to reform the Ninja Empire. That is why I took away the Golden Ninja Warrior.

Jarrett (Kailyn)

Jarrett (Kailyn)

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • Joined 27-May 11
Nice.

Kailyn, Jarrett, and Horatio on Joker Server.

President of Streets Ahead. President of Light Years Ahead [Star Citizen]

My Steam Profile ---- My TwitchTV Profile

SupaHot

SupaHot

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • Joined 08-December 11

Wow Tiggs, Just wow.

You deserve a statue my friend.

Dat avatar LOL

AdmiralDeath

AdmiralDeath

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1782 posts
  • Joined 10-June 12

Dat avatar LOL

Do you see the details in it?

Behind him is his pyramid of greatness! :D

Hothykins

Hothykins

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 27-January 12
Wow this whole time I thought not being able to team chat when dead was intentional because its been there for so long...

Joker - ENF - Fayette R255
Joker - CRIM - RicoBrzenska R255

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9564 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Woah!

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

ShadesofGrey

ShadesofGrey

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11

We've implemented a new chat command that allows players to take a snap shot of their network performance to assist us with evaluating and improving the game, and server's, network performance.
Players simply need to enter /latencytest into the chat bar and the game will start taking a snapshot of relevant data (traceroute, ping time etc).
This process takes 10 minutes and the player can stop it at any time by re-entering the same command again. The information will be output to the log folder, in APBGame/Logs/, as "Latency - <Date>.csv". and can be sent on to support for review.

Hey, we've been trying to figure out why the game runs like mommy for 3 weeks now, and haven't succeeded!
Now you get to do our job for us while we still get payed!!111!1!!

+1 to the idiots that send in this information.

Edit: The rest? Meh, months/years late.

Edited by ShadesofGrey, 15 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Back from 1000Banned. #confirmedforFedora

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

Hey, we've been trying to figure out why the game runs like mommy for 3 weeks now, and haven't succeeded!
Now you get to do our job for us while we still get payed!!111!1!!

+1 to the idiots that send in this information.

Edit: The rest? Meh, months/years late.

It's a start.. And, by the way, it is spelled 'paid'

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

LUST

LUST

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5928 posts
  • Joined 27-February 11

New Feature - Medal Tracking:

1.13.1 sees the introduction of medal tracking to APB. If you open your character info screen ([J]) and select the Achievements tab, you'll see that we've added a medal section that shows you all the medals you've earned. We started tracking these in 1.13.0, so anything you've earned since then will be displayed already and anything you have yet to earn will be greyed out.

I find it difficult to believe medal tracking was introduced in 1.13 when there is a medal tracking achievement since forever. Surely this means all previous medals were reset...great.

We'll see. We all know any new additions or implementations break more than actually fix in a larger test userbase. Good ol' Linus, "we believe it to be a client issue.".

Here's something that really should be noted though: New Breed Pt. 1 (Patch 1.7) is when server issues became increasingly problematic. Research can begin by looking at something that was added to the server around that time and things since then.

Fix it, debug it, fix it, debug it, optimize it, debug it, test it, debug it, and eventually catch up clearing all the problems with the server since. Optimization, testing and debugging is so gosh darn important.

Other patch comments:
Spoiler

Edited by LUST, 15 October 2013 - 04:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users