• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

mortalez

mortalez

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13
I spent hours downloading this game, finally after waiting for updates to load I create my character and bam, server drops.
I re login and the same thing happens, been trying to play for 2 days now. it says i have network problems but as I am online at this moment I dont see that as being true.

I even turned off my firewall to see if that helped, it did not. I then logged into fallen earth and had no issue, then i logged onto DCUO and no problem and that game also uses the unreal engine so i dont know what gives.

MiyaCop

MiyaCop

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 08-December 11
Hmmm I was gonna say maybe firewall issue but it seems you're not screwed on that...
So are you saying that after char creation it always drops you?
If that is the case... it MIGHT be that you're taking sooo long to make your char it just takes you off the server but idk...
Also what server is it on, because I would imagine that matters... or do you choose server AFTER char... cause I know some servers like the eu and han server are super bad with connections
Posted Image

mortalez

mortalez

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13

Hmmm I was gonna say maybe firewall issue but it seems you're not screwed on that...
So are you saying that after char creation it always drops you?
If that is the case... it MIGHT be that you're taking sooo long to make your char it just takes you off the server but idk...
Also what server is it on, because I would imagine that matters... or do you choose server AFTER char... cause I know some servers like the eu and han server are super bad with connections

It let me get as far as choosing servers so my server is chosen, i'm at a loss. i click my name then click next and I drop.

mortalez

mortalez

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13
anyone else have this problem?

mortalez

mortalez

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13
Update-----
it even lets me into the marketplace, but still not into the game itself.

MiyaCop

MiyaCop

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 08-December 11
What server are you getting on?
Posted Image

mortalez

mortalez

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13

What server are you getting on?

one character on joker the other on colby

I'm in texas so i figured im the same distance from both.

MiyaCop

MiyaCop

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 08-December 11
Hm weird I'm on west, never seen the problem before
Posted Image

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -9743 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

I spent hours downloading this game, finally after waiting for updates to load I create my character and bam, server drops.
I re login and the same thing happens, been trying to play for 2 days now. it says i have network problems but as I am online at this moment I dont see that as being true.

I even turned off my firewall to see if that helped, it did not. I then logged into fallen earth and had no issue, then i logged onto DCUO and no problem and that game also uses the unreal engine so i dont know what gives.

Try turning your Firewall on and see if it auto detects APB launcher. Where did you download from? I'm in Texas too and was able to login to both servers you tried just fine. Something is blocking you, it's narrowing down what it is.
~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

mortalez

mortalez

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13

Try turning your Firewall on and see if it auto detects APB launcher. Where did you download from? I'm in Texas too and was able to login to both servers you tried just fine. Something is blocking you, it's narrowing down what it is.

I downloaded from the main site.

mortalez

mortalez

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13

I downloaded from the main site.

and yes my firewall did detect it, i allowed it and it still does the same thing.

mortalez

mortalez

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13
Well I got my answer from tech support, it seems they dont allow tethered connections.
there is now technical reason for this as I play alot of other mmo's the use the same engine(unreal) and my connection works fine so it most be a forced limitation of their server. the graphics of this game are not so high as to require a super fast connection and most of the data is store on our computers so these games are mostly matrix code telling our computers with file in our hard drives to pull up on screen, what we see in the game is not streaming, its more like " here is a number the represents where you are on the map, stored in your hard drive" you shoot someone the bullet that hits him was already on his drive, your computer held up a cue card to the server and the server held up a cue card to his computer telling it witch graphic to show from its many gigs of stored game content.

that why DCUO works just fine tethered to my phone. plus they use the same engine as this game.

I am so sad now as i was so hyped to play this game. I love the concept and the graphics are ok.

im so depressed............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users