458 replies to this topic

Linus

Linus

has a hat

• Reloaded Staff
  • 8008773 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08
Hi, I'm Linus.

I've been around these parts for a pretty long time handling things on a bunch of different titles we're previously published, so if you know me already, cool. If not, I'm pleased to meet you. Going forward, I'll be taking over a few responsibilities on APB; if the how and why of this interests you, skip to the bottom of this post. If all you care about is the game, read on.

Threat changes. Without going into details (because if I do they will change), we're definitely looking at, and might be close to, a solution to the current threat system, the end goal being that you'll be able to once again play with friends regardless of threat level differences. This, however, doesn't necessarily constitute the end to threat changes – we wanted to get this out relatively quickly, but the very reason threat was changed in the first place was to make sure the early game isn't so unfriendly to new players. That's likely a goal we'll still need to pursue after this patch, but obviously that goal should always come second to making sure the game isn't broken for everyone who's been playing forever. We'll be taking a more measured approach to this if we proceed with threat changes in future patches.

Performance/lag issues. We've identified one cause of performance issues to be how APB plays on certain newer Nvidia drivers. Nvidia is working with us to include optimizations for APB that will roll out in their next driver patch, so definitely make sure to keep your drivers updated. We won't assume this will put an end to all performance issues, so we will continue to work to find and remove any further issues.

Regarding why you're suddenly seeing me here, as of last week I am the Producer for APB Reloaded. As such it is my sad duty to officially announce that, as some in the community have already pointed out, part of these changes mean that Jericho, Quinzel, Jotunblut, Revoemag, and Farfletched are no longer with the Reloaded team. Each spent the last 3 years working to make APB the best game possible, and in some cases had been with Gamersfirst even longer. Developing and operating a free-to-play game can be complicated, difficult, exciting, and thankless, and while I will miss them all considerably, I look forward to congratulating them on whatever new adventures they find themselves on next.

Development on APB, of course, continues ever onward, now with an enhanced focus. My goal is to ensure that in the months and years to come, APB lives up to its vast potential. I'm very excited to share more details with you about what this means, and will continue to reveal more updates as I can.

Staiax

Staiax

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Damn, so many of them left :/

Well, nice to meet you good sir. I hope to see who else might be joining the crew in the future

Edited by Kaszt, 16 September 2013 - 05:32 PM.

• Slappgassern likes this

p3DgS7j.png

kTrW6MU.png

SupaHot

SupaHot

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • Joined 08-December 11

Jericho, Quinzel, Jotunblut, Revoemag, and Farfletched are no longer with the Reloaded team.

Bye :(

yaeeapes

yaeeapes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11
Posted Image

so there are like 4 new people right?

Sakurachan

Sakurachan

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10
so maybe there is hope for my gtx690 which had not lagged before to cease lagging soon? my biggest reason to boycott the game right there.

Edited by Sakurachan, 16 September 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. RTW

Yoss

Yoss

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined 26-September 11
But. Why wait till now to say this?

Posted Image

NSJDawg

NSJDawg

Retired Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
  • Joined 13-November 10
You can all take a deep breath now!

Retired Volunteer

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6878 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

Hello Linus, never seen you but glad to see you here as well. ^.^

Sad to see the other members of the Reloaded team go, sorta wondering why 5 of them left at once but meh, prob isn't good news.

Anyways, Good Luck, and Welcome. :applause:

Development on APB, of course, continues ever onward, now with an enhanced focus. My goal is to ensure that in the months and years to come, APB lives up to its vast potential. I'm very excited to share more details with you about what this means, and will continue to reveal more updates as I can.

Enhanced focus, interesting choice of words there, but definitely brings some more hope to the board. Also interested to see the new threat changes.

Edited by Noob_Guardian, 16 September 2013 - 05:41 PM.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

sneekface

sneekface

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Joined 15-March 11
Wow that is pretty severe... no more farfletched remixes :(
  • Miku APB likes this
Posted Image

ilikecake

ilikecake

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Joined 23-January 11

Regarding why you're suddenly seeing me here, as of last week I am the Producer for APB Reloaded. As such it is my sad duty to officially announce that, as some in the community have already pointed out, part of these changes mean that Jericho, Quinzel, Jotunblut, Revoemag, and Farfletched are no longer with the Reloaded team.

wait so you alone replaced 5 different people?
  • McKnight (EU2), DeanGrey, BattleDoctor and 1 other like this

This game is getting worse and worse because retɑrds keep asking for nerfs on the forum on guns they suck with and g1 is actually listening to them. (Every other gun should be balanced around the ntec.)
pls fix lag lag fix pls lag fix lag pls fix lag pls lag fix fix lag lag pls fix lag pls lag fix pls lag lag pls fix
LqdSr5Y.jpg
^ only the best servers run on 0 fps

gogol

gogol

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11
Nice to meet you too, Im the profile creeper. And grats on your new position, still sad to know all that people is gone though :(

One quick question: who is the community manager now?

poochyena

poochyena

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2608 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
is it just Jericho, Quinzel, Jotunblut, Revoemag, and Farfletched, or some other lesser know people too?

and i assume there has been people to replace them?
are there now, or planning on to be, more, less, or about the same amount of people working on the game now?

any word on server performance updates?
Joker server, rank 245+ criminal, sniper/alig
Posted Image
Check out my etsy store!

sneekface

sneekface

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Joined 15-March 11
How will this affect 1.13?

Edited by sneekface, 16 September 2013 - 05:42 PM.

• BattleDoctor likes this
Posted Image

Cherohala

Cherohala

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
  • Joined 24-June 11
Fond regards Jotun and Jericho <3 :adoration: Good luck also to Revoe, Quinzel, and Farfletched.

I hope that this is the beginning of a new stage for this game. The segregation and the servers/routing MUST be attended to, before all things.

And what of their empty positions?

Last but not least hello Linus, welcome to the jungle....

Edited by 91coffees, 16 September 2013 - 05:43 PM.

-||JOKER EAST: Ephee{Wisteria Theory}---Oktober{Nah und Fern}||--||OBEYA EUROPEPS: Cherohala---Cedarijn||
SteamID///deviantart arty stuff///Learning Русский язык! Я плохо говорю по-русский :(
Posted Image

APBi2Cold

APBi2Cold

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 26-August 13
When is patch 1.13 coming?

yhS

yhS

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Joined 24-December 11

Maybe this game can actually be revived with newer management
  • Donster, Atropine and mildlyupsethedgehog like this

6:56 PM - Linker: Internet doesn't matter past 30mbps
Posted Image

Skooma_

Skooma_

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 13-March 12
Hopefully you can take it on and not get too frustrated.
Posted Image

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11
I just would like to say...Linus is a majestic patootie name, also from Charlie Brown.

I will allow this.

SilentCaay

SilentCaay

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2738 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
Without Jotun, the chances of another mustachioed Miku sighting are roughly 0%... RIP in peace, APB )=

I'll be happy to hear about threat segregation being fixed when I see it in patch notes. I know development takes time but, seriously, you can't roll out a patch that breaks something and then leave the game in such an annoying-to-play state for months. It's crazy. Even if threat segregation is fixed, what about the new spawn system? It still favors defense so much it's not even funny. Defense was always slightly easier but now it's incredibly easy and it shouldn't be. If anything, attacking should be slightly easier because when the attacking team wins a stage, it doesn't really count for anything. All it does is progress the mission toward the winner-take-all final stage. When defense wins it's game over for the attackers.

Anyway, good luck with your new position, Linus. I don't envy you =P

Edited by Silent Caay, 16 September 2013 - 05:47 PM.

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3481 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08
Right now I'm screaming like this guy in this clip.
http://youtu.be/wrQkEg-Dpvk?t=14s

You have no idea how happy I am, hopefully you guys reach out to the community more.
  • CapricaSix, theddd, KaoriChan and 1 other like this

DoTA2 and Warframe, yep.

Over $1000 spent on APB in 4 years, gg.

Androvald, don't dissapoint ;~;

Stripes

Stripes

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Joined 29-October 11
Relieved to see someone new. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you bring! :DD
Server - Colby | Criminal - Stripes R235 | Enforcers - MiIo R145, Stripe R30
An average player, symbol maker, and overall happy person.
...kinda.
<3

Ohshii

Ohshii

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Joined 23-November 11
Good luck to those guys who left. Sucks seeing nice people go, but with all due respect, maybe this internal structure shakeup will result in a better game for all of us.

Posted Image

Or not. Who knows lol. But I'm down to see what happens. ^^;
  • Cherohala likes this

RAqHb2s.png?1
Ohshii - Criminal - Common Sense Leader - Joker / Steam :3 Twitch.tv!
Story of my life. My APB Screenshots. ^^ / APB Reloaded: Common Sense sold seperately.

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2970 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

Performance/lag issues.

Silly me.. I thought this would be about the crap servers... Turns out, it's about Nvidia's "superior drivers" :troll_face:
Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!
Madness and Genius are two sides of the same coin.
Starforge, minecraft on steroids with asteroids... Still in Alpha.

Ashy <3

Ashy <3

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Joined 05-May 12
hm, maybe its that time where they improve this game

Snipey

Snipey

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined 11-January 11
The stories coming from the production team has more twists and turns than the movie "The Butterfly Effect".

Snipey - N/A - Crim - R235 - Joker | N3um3 - N/A - Enforcer - R80 - Joker
ProNameHere - N/A - Crim - R9 - Colby | Happy Endings - Rainbow Squad - Enforcer - R84 - Colby

Posted Image
You've spent a total of 23072 G1C which is $288.40

SupaHot

SupaHot

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • Joined 08-December 11
Reading this guy's twitter, he seems like good news.

He is a grammar nazi. I expect no typos from you.

ThatOneJerk

ThatOneJerk

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1746 posts
  • Joined 06-March 11
A fresh start is what we need. Just make sure you keep your GMs on a leash and out of social district mass banning people for stupid reasons and in action districts investigating people. Then i will be happy with where this is going.

DjCrash7

DjCrash7

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 02-April 13
Sad to see all of them go, but oh well. I guess we'll just have to see where APB:R goes now with new people.

Posted Image

DjCrash77 :: R250 :: Colby (NA West) -- CrashHgkldj :: R82 :: Colby (NA West)

YouTube -- Osu! -- deviantArt

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6878 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

The stories coming from the production team has more twists and turns than the movie "The Butterfly Effect".

I'm sure i will be able to listen through the whole thing.... without getting butterflied :troll_face:

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.

Genobee

Genobee

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4215 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11
So things are changing around here then, hm? Well lets see what comes of it. So far the vastly improved communication is already a step in the right direction. I just hope you've got more tricks up your sleeves new guys! :)

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

フリルネックトカゲ

Linker

Linker

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
Greetings from a brazilian guy who is in his concentration camp right now.
  • Xskulled, SuggaBay, Pylat and 4 others like this

Posted Image
Mashup Video (#1) (2-Camera View) (check it out!) Proud brazilian player. (HUE!) Steam Profile

Pista

Pista

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11
Linus, do you have a ETA on "Overkill" server hardware upgrade, G1 has being promising us since February, I don't see how Nvidia driver update is going to do jack to improve G1 sub-par network and server hardware.

Salvick

Salvick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11
Welcome aboard Sir. :notworthy:

I'm sad of hear about our well known staffers gone, however I feel that now there will be a even better communication with the community and a better treatment of our concerns since, although I bet they tried their best, there was a huge lack of comformity from the community on the way the things were being habdled, from ghost reports that ended nowhere to supposed "admin friends" cheating...I don't know, I hate people who talked trash about them but of course these things made lot of us think twice about that.

I hope we get great news soon and often and I wish you the best luck with your tasks Linus, however I don't think that you need luck as it seems that you already have "experience" which is much mroe worthy! :thumbsup:

And be aware! We are a bunch of players here we a lot of expectatives for our beloved game!!!

:pirateattack::pirates::pirateparrot::pirashoot:

Salvick_twitch_banner_1.png

Suggesting the report function since January 2012:

You have spent 29 G1C, which is $0.3625

Laits

Laits

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1037 posts
  • Joined 14-February 11
New era for APB, now lets make it the game it deserves to be.
  • Zalman18 likes this

Posted Image

^^^Thanks Friiv^^^

Linus

Linus

has a hat

• Reloaded Staff
  • 8008773 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

Reading this guy's twitter, he seems like good news.

He is a grammar nazi. I expect no typos from you.

Fair warning while you're in there, if you haven't watched all of GoT (or haven't read up to halfway through Storm of Swords) there might be some spoilers.

Metal-Janah

Metal-Janah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 19-August 11
I'll miss Farfletched's music updates, I'll miss Jericho's typos, but I will not miss Jotunblut's locked/closed topics. I never liked Revoemag because he was always just a kid who seems to have been playing with some popular violators of TOS, and I have no idea about Quinzel.

Maybe this is G1 saying "ya dun g00f'd!"

Maybe APB will actually improve now instead of being dragged down by terrible game patches, terrible server performance, a terrible cheating problem and so on...?
  • Snuffalupagas likes this

<gg n00bs> Clan Leader - Joker NA East

Want to join? Apply @ steamcommunity.com/groups/ggn00bs/

Check out some of our gameplay @ hitbox.tv/team/ggn00bs/

Skullriot

Skullriot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5392 posts
  • Joined 03-October 12
Wait wait... wasnt Farf your audio guy? Who is doing audio now?

Joker: Tonks, Nymphadora
Joker Coins
- Lets try to get G1st to make JMBs better!

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6878 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

Guess there will be decent to high expectations, hope you can handle that. :viking:

Cherohala

Cherohala

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
  • Joined 24-June 11

Fair warning while you're in there, if you haven't watched all of GoT (or haven't read up to halfway through Storm of Swords) there might be some spoilers.

Oh wow, grammar and GoT, my kind of man!!
  • Cathia, CapricaSix and dersied like this
-||JOKER EAST: Ephee{Wisteria Theory}---Oktober{Nah und Fern}||--||OBEYA EUROPEPS: Cherohala---Cedarijn||
SteamID///deviantart arty stuff///Learning Русский язык! Я плохо говорю по-русский :(
Posted Image

savestheday

savestheday

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13
Now that the dead weight is gone! lets get this game improving! I got faith in you guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users