Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

POPULAR

Hello.
I just found an old bunch of screenshots that I apparently wanted to make into some sort of map changing idea.
I don't really have time to make a better looking version and I'm a lazy person in general but I guess it will do.
This list of screenshots should cover some annoying/exploitable/too hard to attack spots that in my opinion need a bit of change.

Click on the small pictures to open them in full resolution

You've got some screenshots in Waterfront that our QA guys can't place. Can you get to the WF screenshots, open your map and give us coordinates of the areas you think should be poked at?
Thank you.

For the QA team and others I've added maps and numbers for each location.

Enjoy my crappy photoshop skills.Let's begin..

Financial (Part 1)

The highway near the money laundry area is a very sensitive place in my opinion.There are only 2 ways to get up there and both include a car.I think because of the on-foot area below that can be heavily damaged from above there should be a way to get up there by climbing to wipe-out a very annoying camper.

Posted Image
Posted Image

There should be a way to get up those roofs because:
1) The whole are in front,the green roofs can be a bit annoying and be some sort of sniper nest for the objectives down next to the roads and unless you will find a way to climb up there (there are 2 and very easy to protect) you can't wipe them out
2) Another way to get up the highway
3) Another way to wipe-out people on the highway

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

There is a nice blocked area next to the money laundry.It can be a useful tunnel to get to the small garage area that is next to the place on screenshot #1 of this post.It is necessary because this garage are often plays a role of item camping spot.

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The spot is very easy to protect for defenders as once you press F on the fence they pop-out from the corner and kill you.That's why this spot can be useful and balancing and also provide a good angle to attack the small roof that is located further into the yard that can be really annoying while there is a mid range weapon up there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This roof is one of the most annoying camping spots.Not only that there is only 1 way to get up but once you actually on the roof the enemy can just pop-out of the cover and kill you. Edit: Add a sign for people to be able to jump on the big highway sign.

Posted Image

Just to cover unbalanced spot in an abandoned corner of the map.

Posted Image

7-8.
Again.Balance.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This one is tricky.Once you're on one of the roofs you don't really have to worry about anything.There is only one way to get up on each one which is trough a ladder (Also there is a way from the highway but it's hard too as you have to climb as well and can be easily shot).My idea will simply give each side another way to get on the roof.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Click here to see the rest of Financial spots list

Map:

Posted Image

Edited by Ellix, 21 February 2014 - 03:03 AM.

EllixOnline dw_EX2_Hi.png Citadel EU

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

POPULAR

Waterfront (Part 1)

This is inside Morreti's building.There is basically only 1 staircase that is used to get on the 2nd floor and a small sidewalk that new players don't even have clue on how to get there and IF they find it it's really easy to kill people once you are walking on this small chunk of wall.I suggest adding a 2nd staircase to the 2nd floor and also expanding the walking space of the "secret way" so people will have a small chance to dodge bullets while they are walking towards the balcony + add a ladder to climb on behind the gas station for noobs to know where to go.

Posted Image

This is THE mother of all camping spots.You have only 2 ladders to get up there and once you're up - BAM you're dead!
Not even OPGL can help in this situation as there is a small room inside that you can hide at.VIP camping,item hold,running there in PvP = automatic win.Not to mention there is an objective inside to break in a door.
My suggestion is to turn the hallways into staircases so it will be possible to use weapons while getting to 2nd floor.

Posted Image

Another OP camping spot.The Prentiss collage of medicine.I remember they've added the room of Prentiss boxing club but it's not enough! There is only 1 way to get up the balcony (on the 3rd floor?).Just add a staircase similar to the recent Atlas apartments change on the left area of the collage and it should fix the camping spot.

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Another camping spot that apparently was left from RTW days.Very easy to protect!

Posted Image

This once can be very annoying when there is a PvP,Vip or item hold mission.It's a fortress that is TOO hard to siege!
I suggest just removing this spot completely.(Snipers you can go to other close roofs and on top of the gas station).

Posted Image

Move the display point so it will be easy to jump to it from the spot where I'm standing

Posted Image

Side note: You can easily destroy this type of boards and block some critical spots from access.It shouldn't happen!

Posted Image

Again.Only 1 way to get up this roof.Needs fixing

Posted Image

Another crappy spot that can be easily protected,has only one way up and also is a sniper fortress!

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Also please add a climable shelf inside the warehouse so it will be possible to jump on this roof out of the window.

Posted Image

This one is kinda known spot.You can jump on the top side of the door and go up the roof.You may say - camping spot but it is actually useful for taking out people both on the green warehouse roofs and the police station.So why not making it an actual part of the map? Just remove the cover borders and it should be great!

Posted Image
Posted Image

You have borders for cars around the ship but not inside?

Posted Image

Add two big air conditioners to prevent people going on the small roof that can be accessed by walking a bit further on a small wall chunk.This roof is both too good for camping AND is a sniper fortress against people who are doing the car breaking mission below it.
(Also move the satellite a bit as it can be used to get up the bigger roof)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Add something that you can jump on to get up the pipe.

Posted Image

The highway in waterfront can play a very big role in missions such as point hold in the small warehouse kind of area next to the image's spot.

Posted Image

Just to add another way of getting inside the 2nd floor of the parking lot.It will help balance a bit as well as giving players another way of jumping on the small roof next to it.

Posted Image

Add few ladders to the place.Sometimes it sucks to get all the way around the building to get to another alley.

Click here to see the rest of Waterfront spots list

Map:
Posted Image

Edited by Ellix, 19 July 2014 - 10:21 PM.

TizzieB

TizzieB

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11
I like it. A lot. Half the reason I don't take this game too seriously is because the objectives can be really sided depending on location. And a lot of these changes would help balance such locations. You even made note of and changed some of the good super-duper-cheap-cheat spots that tryhards like to use in there

Good job homie.

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6992 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11
Yeah most look very cool but why remove the roof acces on that place in waterfront?
Could better add acces to that other roof so you can counter it (Might put on some screenshots on my own when i got them) i think G1 nerved that place but i have to check.
G1 certainly loves nerving sniping spots.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

GROOV3ST3R

GROOV3ST3R

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Joined 06-November 11
Like everyone above, I like most of your suggestions. It would be funny to actually see G1 do this in the actual game ^.^
Go rainbow or go home, son
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Posted Image

sos`

sos`

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 16-February 13
In one word "awesome".

Fatal1ty Pixels

Fatal1ty Pixels

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2140 posts
  • Joined 31-August 11
Nicely done. Some places are just so hard, if they would add more ways to get to them would be awesome

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09
Definitely good ideas.

Definitely a terrible title.

Edited by Revoluzzer, 12 August 2013 - 11:50 PM.

APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12
Added descriptions to spots.
Will add few images later.
Those will cover Beacon and some 1 way to get to spots in Waterfornt. (+ maybe few spots in Financial)

Tnx for feedback btw!

Edited by Ellix, 13 August 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09
Arguably, you could replace the full size images with thumbnails for faster loading times and better structuring.

You can simply replace the http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/27/8bd3.jpg with smallhttp://imageshack.co...all/27/8bd3.jpg) to get thumbnails.

[url=http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/27/8bd3.jpg][img]http://imageshack.com/scaled/small/27/8bd3.jpg[/img][/url]

Posted Image

Edited by Revoluzzer, 13 August 2013 - 02:56 AM.

IJVJaCR.png

Necromancer66

Necromancer66

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1156 posts
  • Joined 14-April 12
Agree with most, not all :)

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4744 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

Do you think you could look at the entire dock area in Waterfront? That place needs serious renovating.

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

Do you think you could look at the entire dock area in Waterfront? That place needs serious renovating.

You mean the area with lots of yachts?

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4744 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

You mean the area with lots of yachts?

Yes

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12

Definitely good ideas.

Definitely a terrible title.

+1s all around

Posted Image

Show off your IRL weapons! - Click

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12
Posted Image

This deserves to be put into the game, keep it alive.

Posted Image

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

Marthaa - B.E.A.R.S.

Marthaa - B.E.A.R.S.

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 04-October 12
I don't see someone who's lazy. I see someone who should get hired.

flow?

flow?

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 15-March 12
+1 definitely an improvement and good to see changes. what about the rooftops in waterfront where you have to bring a van to jump on a camera to get up?

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Good thread.
Jotunblut!

:D

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Problems? PM me :)

It's not the end of the world.

Crimelord

Crimelord

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 09-August 13
Nice thought through ideas. I love it Nick.
This will certainly make defending a bit harder but more important, more fair.
I also like the idea you use in financial, where you opened up the fences on the locked area. Makes that spot super fun instead of boring as it realy is atm.
As always, nice work Nick.
Now fingers crossed!

Game over.

kidi

kidi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 05-April 12

Agreed with that
http://imageshack.co...ge/600/efkr.jpg
http://imageshack.co...ge/203/4ui0.jpg

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
You've got some screenshots in Waterfront that our QA guys can't place. Can you get to the WF screenshots, open your map and give us coordinates of the areas you think should be poked at?

Thank you.
Jotunblut!

:D

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Problems? PM me :)

It's not the end of the world.

_Orsoh_

_Orsoh_

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12
This is awesome! Hope G1 take this thread seriously and apply most of modifications that you described!

--->REAL OSMAW KING<---

Raginrainbow

Raginrainbow

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1403 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12
Mcdonalds roof needs to be unaccessible entirely. You'd still have greater view on the park area and the roads next to it were people spawn.
Road to Cop 15 with DMR - Nano Stun & Arrest montage - 8-Ball stun madness

raginrainbow EU1 - l3anana EU1 - CimCiK EU2

95k+ kills & 4.5k+/- arrests & many deaths

Thehidden-Tember

Thehidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8987 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13
I like the colors.
Nice ideas everywhere.

Good thread.

Let's hope this happens.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

BlackLightITA

BlackLightITA

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 14-December 12
Wow!! Some of these changes are great! Hope Reloaded will decide to apply the best ones

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

Thank you.

Sure! If this topic got so much attention I'm up to making it less lazy :)

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12

Sure! If this topic got so much attention I'm up to making it less lazy :)

Glad to see this is actually getting looked at, such good ideas!

Posted Image

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

TheDopefish

TheDopefish

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11

Hello.

Wow. The most well made suggestion thread I've seen for APB. Also one of the best suggestions made aswell. Great job and it was a treat looking through this and made it really easy to imagine the changes.

How can your entire QA team fail to recognize those spots? o_O

Nice to hear that a well-made suggestion is being looked at though :)

Caesruul

Caesruul

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3721 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10
Yes.
Just Yes.

Joker, North American Server-Forever

Israel(Enforcer)\\\_/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\_///Tremeria(Criminal)

Duke-SemperFi

Duke-SemperFi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Joined 31-May 13
+1 maybe threads like this can show the importance o in game GMs. Certain spots really suck to have on mission. We need creative development like this that adds mor tactical options
Obstacles are everywhere,...
Get over it!

Metal-Janah

Metal-Janah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 19-August 11
Though I agree with some of the things you have proposed, I don't think it's a good idea to change the current map structures. The main thing the game needs is MORE COVER, not more routes of access. In a game where the prevention of cheating is not a priority, the least amount of choke points the better because, for example, hacking n00b(s) can come from either route A or route B and you have 3 people on your premade team defending an objective so put two of you on each side and shuffle as required. When you gosh darn with that and add route C, route D, and route E you're making it EASIER for hackers to win.

TL;DR?

Until there's a solid anti-cheat system in place, don't change the physical map just stick to adding more cover.

gg n00bs of Joker

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

Though I agree with some of the things you have proposed, I don't think it's a good idea to change the current map structures. The main thing the game needs is MORE COVER, not more routes of access. In a game where the prevention of cheating is not a priority, the least amount of choke points the better because, for example, hacking n00b(s) can come from either route A or route B and you have 3 people on your premade team defending an objective so put two of you on each side and shuffle as required. When you gosh darn with that and add route C, route D, and route E you're making it EASIER for hackers to win.

TL;DR?

Until there's a solid anti-cheat system in place, don't change the physical map just stick to adding more cover.

You don't balance the game for cheaters.You balance the game for balance.

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

How can your entire QA team fail to recognize those spots? o_O

There are three screenshots where I'd argue it's possible not to recognise them.

This one because it's a bad angle. It's near Britney Bloodrose and the Hospital.

And these two, again because they don't really give away the location. It's near Prentiss Boxing Gym and Beyong Lee.

Edited by Revoluzzer, 23 August 2013 - 12:08 AM.

IJVJaCR.png

Atomglow

Atomglow

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 26-June 12

This once can be very annoying when there is a PvP,Vip or item hold mission.It's a fortress that is TOO hard to siege!
I suggest just removing this spot completely.(Snipers you can go to other close roofs and on top of the gas station).

Posted Image

Since I dislike blocking access to stuff, we could make an access to another roof I really like to use to assault players who decide to camp up there.

Incoming Pro Paint Skillz...

My first suggestion would be to add some woodpallets in this way:
Posted Image

It can be cover for fighting there and a way to access the roof.

Also add a ladder on this side of the building. Its at the small road leading to the industrial building. Plus add one ladder at the inside area.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Right now you can already access the roof via a kurai or a sentinel. I would suggest to add some cover ontop of the roof.
Posted Image
Posted Image

For easier access to the second roof place a wooden board. You can already jump over, but I could imagine this a little tricky for new players.
Posted Image

The spot would then be in the N-TEC range for attacking camping players.
Posted Image

Really good ideas you got there, like most of them. I for myself will look at this later again, since I need to go now. But I got another simple access idea and environment changes to this camping spot.

In other words... brb :P
Posted Image

Mimee

Mimee

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2459 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11

Posted Image

yes pleaseeee

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

The stuff said

Holy cow dude! I wanted to post this idea with the roofs that can be accessed through the camera jump today along with other spots. .but got some more important stuff to do so decided to save it for tomorrow.
I thought about something a bit different though. Hopefully will be able to post it tomorrow + the requested map for Jotun and QA team.

Why I think the other spot should be removed:
1) If you crouch it doesn't matter where your enemy will stand he will still not be able to shoot you.
2) Item hold missions are too easy with that spot if you got your full team up there
3) It's really similar o this spot on the hospital in Financial. Almost 360 degrees of open space and very easy to protect.
I might take a 2nd look on it though. Maybe there is another way to balance it.

Edited by Ellix, 23 August 2013 - 01:30 PM.

TheDopefish

TheDopefish

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11

There are three screenshots where I'd argue it's possible not to recognise them.

This one because it's a bad angle. It's near Britney Bloodrose and the Hospital.

And these two, again because they don't really give away the location. It's near Prentiss Boxing Gym and Beyong Lee.

Maybe I've just played the game too much, but each one of those screenshots show places that are unique and there's really no doubt where they're located, especially when they're placed next to the other screenshots.

Suggestions.

I totally disagree with these suggestions. Ladders out in the open are really hard to use, aswell as it makes those places extremely easy to defend, not to mention the advantage they already give would be enhanced further by additional cover? Your main proposed purpose would only be viable if you were using a sniper aswell.

I'm all for opening up places, and adding counter-spots, but those roofs are generally bad, and your suggestion would only create a new camping spot and break the gameplay throughout that area. Only reason it's not already so is because it's hard to get a vehicle in place there to get up.

DoYouEvenYolo

DoYouEvenYolo

Banned

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 23-August 13

Maybe I've just played the game too much, but each one of those screenshots show places that are unique and there's really no doubt where they're located, especially when they're placed next to the other screenshots.

I totally disagree with these suggestions. Ladders out in the open are really hard to use, aswell as it makes those places extremely easy to defend, not to mention the advantage they already give would be enhanced further by additional cover? Your main proposed purpose would only be viable if you were using a sniper aswell.

I'm all for opening up places, and adding counter-spots, but those roofs are generally bad, and your suggestion would only create a new camping spot and break the gameplay throughout that area. Only reason it's not already so is because it's hard to get a vehicle in place there to get up.

get a 4x4 :troll_face:

but yeah , those roofs could be a pain in the patootie for the all objectives we have in that place , unless we open up all the roofs .

but i prefer the Ellix idea to remove the higher roof, instead of opening more roofs just to attack one.

Brucimir

Brucimir

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 25-September 11

get a 4x4 :troll_face:

but yeah , those roofs could be a pain in the patootie for the all objectives we have in that place , unless we open up all the roofs .

but i prefer the Ellix idea to remove the higher roof, instead of opening more roofs just to attack one.

i never thought this spot was this bad - i even enjoy taking out enemies camping that position with an item or VIP (if you cant get a VIP from that roof, you are either playing with a random group, your team sucks, you have horrible spawnpoints or there are more than 3 defenders - but if any of this is true it will be a challange anyways)

im definitely not a fan of getting rid of spots and prefer them being adjusted to decrease the edge a team can get by using them (ever thought of just decreasing the height a little?).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users