Photo

Fallen Earth Build Guide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

The Apex

The Apex

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 30-August 11
Hey. My name is The Apex. I have played FE for 3 years now I think. I have 5 characters, 2 for PvP, 1 for PvE, 1 social crafter and 1 farmer who spends his days at a farm with a shotgun, keeping kids off my lawn. I have spent alot of time making new builds, then testing them and perhaps tweaking them afterwards. People that I kill in PvP, people that hate me will probably dispute this, but I am a very good player. I have spent alot of time practicing, making builds, researching skills and gear and I believe I am qualified to give tips about the subject. I often see players in various chats asking "what is the best build?" and just to clear it up right away: there is no best build, there is no build that will make you invincible. There are of course good builds and poor builds and with this post, I would like to help newer players improve theirs. I would say the combat system today is fairly balanced, so you can feel free to choose Pistol, Rifle or Melee as your weapon of choice. There are both good and bad sides to each weapon skill: Melee is good up close, easy to hit with because of its large reticle, but being a close combat weapon, it won't do you any good from a distance. Pistol have the best DPS, so you can really dish out alot of damage with them, but its reticle is small, making it harder to hit with. Rifle, and now I'm talking about shotgun (sorry Enforcers, but assault rifles and snipers up close isn't the way to go) delivers alot of damage, making it lethal as a burst build (high damage fast). but it has lower dps than Melee and Pistol. So like I said, all weapons are good choices, in my opinion.

The times I see unexperienced players ask for advices, I often see people telling them directly which skills to get and which not to get and which weapon is the best. Either that or linking that player their own build. To me that is the wrong way to do it.

First off, I believe they are wrong telling players that certain skills are useless and only rifle is a weapon worthwile. Those saying that, simply don't know any better. Make a note of this: All 3 weapons skills are viable options and almost every single skill line has something to offer.

Secondly, I think new players want to make their own builds and not just get told which skills to get, or in worst case, get a finished build linked to them and told to copy it.

That is why I wanted to make this post. I want to help newer players make good builds of their own, not just use premade ones or get false information about the skills and weapons. Under this you will find a link to a Youtube-video of mine that has gotten very good feedback. In the video, I explain the different skills and what is good and what is not good about them. I think if you are new to FE, it could benefit you to watch it.

No, I don't know everything that is, but I've played for 3 years, PvP'd almost every day with alot of good players. I have also done all missions ingame on several characters and I've killed all bosses. Earthwalker who people say take 5-10 people to do, my group and I often do with 3 people. It is a combination of skill, strategy, good builds and teamwork.

As a last note I feel I have to mention something that all experienced players know, but you newer ones perhaprs are unaware of: FE isn't your typical MMORPG. It is one of the few games where you actually have to aim and avoid getting hit, alot like an FPS game. I am saying this because I want you to know, a good build isn't everything, it won't make you invincible. To be good in FE you need alot of practice as well. Well, hopefully this build guide can help stay alive out there, I have been told it is good :) Take care, we have all been new at some point!

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5941 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
A bit late there Apex :o but always nice to have more people to assist players when Andrew, Thrill, or myself isn't on :D
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Thrillchase

Thrillchase

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13

A bit late there Apex :o but always nice to have more people to assist players when Andrew, Thrill, or myself isn't on :D

very nice to see, I find myself helping alot in-game with builds. its 10x harder though :Hijacked:

Posted Image

Fallen Earth Tools Website
Proud Member of [The Hazmat Team]
Proud Creator of [The Fallen Earth Tool]

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5941 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

very nice to see, I find myself helping alot in-game with builds. its 10x harder though :Hijacked:

Haha I just let them know how to copy in-game chat or add me to Steam :P
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Thrillchase

Thrillchase

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13

Haha I just let them know how to copy in-game chat or add me to Steam :P

still quite a few people who dont know how to do it even if you explain though xD

Posted Image

Fallen Earth Tools Website
Proud Member of [The Hazmat Team]
Proud Creator of [The Fallen Earth Tool]

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2455 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

cut for length

Your video is based on pre combat patch for this system which changed a number of key skills. And a number of lines.

Heretic
Nysak - Renaming like all the cool kids
Inanecorn/Insanecorn/Stabbing Train/Disco Muffin/Secret<10