3 replies to this topic

Epicked

Epicked

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-May 13
Epicked's In Game Targeting box

So You want to know how To make a in game "Targeting assist Box With X-hair" without downloading UI mods, no impeding vision crap on your screen, without
changing any part of your in game's existing UI files, & its easily set up while in game! Well U can!

Its easily done with no fuss..

(remember there are 2 x Hot key Bars in the game's UI & both are adjustable!)

By default only 1 is active (it's the numbered key mapped boxes you can see with all of your skills key mapped in). *Usually centre bottom of your screen.
now to activate the second Hotkey bar click the following in the game > Menu > Options (Alt+O) > Interface.
Now that U have the Interface tab open, if you look u will see (*secondary hot key bar) now click/tick the box beside that &
by default the secondary hot key bar will pop up on your right side of your screen (2rows of empty box's)
Now close the interface option's menu & go to the new secondary hot key box
Just reduce its size to 4x box's by dragging & resizing the edge of its frame like any normal window.
Now centre it in the middle of your screen using its frame to move it
Then right click on it , & reduce its *window Opacity to 0%
U should have 4 box's & something roughly looking like this in light brown lines that u can see through.

[][]
[][]

You are now left with a "4boxed X-hair" and all u need do now is find a wall face it in 1st person mode
stand still. >hit "Tab" (enter fight mode) and shoot 1nc at the wall without moving.
hit "Tab" again to exit fighting mode & now u can just adjust the position of the "4box X-hair" to the bullet hole's centre using its frame.
u can click "Tab" and turn fighting mode on/off until your happy with it's placement.
1nc it is centred to your liking you just adjust its *frame Opacity to %0 by right clicking it as you did earlier when you changed its *Window Opacity.
And now you have your very own targeting assist x-hair that wont impede your normal field of vision or change any of your game's normal UI.
So now that you to can gain a better accuracy % and know just where your shooting your bullets in any view mode!

to be noted!
* The frame will remain in position as long as you don't manually move it by clicking its frame & dragging it around.
* it will remain in place on reloads and game logs.
* unless you are in fighter mode objects under the target box are unclickable.
* it will only be visible with/on the Toons you set it up on, eg. a different Toon has its own default UI interface & windows depending on placement/options.
* changing from 1st person to third person mode, or 3rd person mode to scope alters the camera angle by around a foot as it adjusts the camera to sit over your right shoulder, there is no change in camera angle if zooming while in 1st person mode; regardless the Targeting box is where you are shooting your bullets.
* I make no claims to own this idea as if there is another forum/post on this simple adjustment to existing UI resulting in the same/simular end result
then I didn't find or see it. I am simply posting a solution I came up with for a Target assisting x-hair that didn't change the games existing UI.

I hope you enjoy -Epicked

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
FYI,

Back in the day when I tried this, using self-select and casting restoration on yourself doesn't work unless you click your char with a mouse. Maybe it was only my bug, but if you encounter this too you would not want to use this method :(

My locked & deleted thread (google cache) about reloaded games ceo saying <story-driven> f2p mmo's don't work  :
http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=ca

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
FYI,

Back in the day when I tried this, using self-select and casting restoration on yourself doesn't work unless you click your char with a mouse. Maybe it was only my bug, but if you encounter this too you would not want to use this method :(

My locked & deleted thread (google cache) about reloaded games ceo saying <story-driven> f2p mmo's don't work  :
http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 24-April 14
Double vision!!!
84% Redneck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users