87 replies to this topic

PvtSnowball

PvtSnowball

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

Can confirm it is indeed fixed - was planning on writing a lengthy post in the topic in bug reports as it had been one month away from a full year since that issue was started and it had not been fixed. Glad that I don't have to anymore - I can finally run the game on full screen at maxed out settings on my GTX 680 without crashes ;)

A  L  W  A  Y  S     Z  E  N
i just come here for the intro Kappa

Jota CL

Jota CL

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
Works with ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II and MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr.

Posted Image

Jota - Colby

PaNaG10T1S

PaNaG10T1S

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12
Works with Asus GTX 650 as well

Obeya EU1

Posted ImageDunn0 Posted Image PaNaG10T1S Posted Image|Dunn0|

Fumiku

Fumiku

[German-Pillow]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1967 posts
  • Joined 10-May 12
I Heard the GTX Titan isn't compatible with apb, is that Right?:o

Edited by Fumiku, 03 May 2013 - 07:18 PM.

xmiEGkd.png

criminal.png [Fumiku] ---(Citadel)

enforcer.png [Kotori]---(Citadel)

Jota CL

Jota CL

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

I Heard the GTX Titan isn't compatible with apb, is that Right?:o

Never heard of that but... Since it's technically a series 600, it is now fully compatible with CUDA enabled with the latest Beta drivers.

Posted Image

Jota - Colby

arkup

arkup

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2295 posts
  • Joined 05-December 10

The driver fixes it for all GTX 600-series!

Posted Image

Driver download here: GeForce 320.00 Driver BETA
http://www.nvidia.co...eta-driver.html

Thanks for the statement StuartReloaded!

btw thanks for bringing this to my (our) attention , i usually stay away from beta drivers ,
but just started getting grey screen crash when logging out , this has fixed it ,gtx670 ;)

13efe622-fda4-4a7d-8a01-4271fb3dc915.gif
AsRock Taichi x370 ,AMD RyZen 1700 ,GTX1070-8gb ,16gig G.Skill Trident Z 4000mhz ,noctua NH-D14 ,750w antec,

,2x240gb hyper-x SSD's in raid0 ,sound blaster-Z ,sennhieser 363D ,asus 144hz lcd ,corsair k70

APB Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures http://steamcommunit...s/?id=379180211

n3xn3x

n3xn3x

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12
no problem sir! :)

STUDNASTY

STUDNASTY

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 04-January 12
so would this work with my msi gtx680 lightning

Edited by STUDNASTY, 06 May 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image

n3xn3x

n3xn3x

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12

so would this work with my msi gtx680 lightning

yes it should work.. just give it a try!

Jota CL

Jota CL

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
Just don't forget to choose Custom (Advanced) installation and tick the Perform a clean installation box.

Posted Image

Jota - Colby

arkup

arkup

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2295 posts
  • Joined 05-December 10

Just don't forget to choose Custom (Advanced) installation and tick the Perform a clean installation box.

also don't install the HD audio and 3D vision drivers ,unless you actually use those

AsRock Taichi x370 ,AMD RyZen 1700 ,GTX1070-8gb ,16gig G.Skill Trident Z 4000mhz ,noctua NH-D14 ,750w antec,

,2x240gb hyper-x SSD's in raid0 ,sound blaster-Z ,sennhieser 363D ,asus 144hz lcd ,corsair k70

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14985 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
Reinstalled and did some fixes, still not working for my GTX 680

edUSqlQ.png

Streloverss

Streloverss

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 20-October 12
I had to return to the first gtx 650 ti drivers 306.89 xD

Edited by Streloverss, 08 May 2013 - 04:45 AM.

Sciema

Sciema

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1363 posts
  • Joined 25-September 11
I´ve installed it for my GTX680 SLI. It works much better now, than with the temp disabling CUDA workaround. Stable 110-120 FPS even in action districts.
Also from me thanks for bringing this to our attention

And so it came to pass on the 12th day of the 12th month of the 12th year, Jotunblut decided that Obeya isn't allowed to have nice things.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Primarch

Primarch

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 17-January 13
Gonna try this for my gtx680, only since last week that i get the bsod's, never had them before.
But when i look it up it ends up to be my graph's driver and i only have it in apb.

@admin you can also add blue screens to the list of possibilities. The blue screen appears at random points when playing.
Posted Image

shadoka

shadoka

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
so i am going to unistall my latest drivers and install those beta ones?after i do this i have to enable cuda?it will improve myy game expirience?

Primarch

Primarch

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 17-January 13

so i am going to unistall my latest drivers and install those beta ones?after i do this i have to enable cuda?it will improve myy game expirience?

If you have a nvidea 600ish card, then yes.
As stated above and previously mentioned, the 320.0 should keep your system from crashing :)

Edit: don't just no brain the link above, download the driver for your specific card.

Edited by Primarch, 10 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Posted Image

shadoka

shadoka

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
i got a gtx 600 series but i dont have crashing problems with cuda disabled

Ranzig

Ranzig

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11
Hooray! I had no idea what was causing these grey-screen lockups, was seriously considering a new build. DL'ing now and fingers crossed.

*EDIT*

It works, the game also seems to be running smoother.

Edited by Ranzig, 10 May 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Posted Image
w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
RANZSIG - CSO | COLBY | HIVE | APB:R, BF3, PS2, TF2

CiRiX

CiRiX

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
When I got my GTX Titan card my computer were crashing when I played APB. The only thing that I had to do was disable CUDA in the NVIDIA controll panel.

n3xn3x

n3xn3x

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12
this is not about the workaround to disable CUDA in the NVIDIA controll panel.

ExperimentJ

ExperimentJ

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 28-March 13
Oh Sweet! So This Is The Fix! Thanks For Post xD (Future gtx 650 owner. . .now :P)
Posted Image

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 21-June 11

Hi,

This was a problem with all cards with Fermi and Kepler architectures, so that will be all 600-series cards.

Stuart.

Arent the 400 and 500 series Fermi too?

vOssen

vOssen

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13
I have a GTX570 and i have the newest drivers 320.18 and my game freezes after about 20 mins. The whole PC freezes and you have to hold the power button and restart it. Ive tried the CUDA on/off thing makes no difference.

arkup

arkup

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2295 posts
  • Joined 05-December 10

I have a GTX570 and i have the newest drivers 320.18 and my game freezes after about 20 mins. The whole PC freezes and you have to hold the power button and restart it. Ive tried the CUDA on/off thing makes no difference.

how much ram u got ?
did you uninstall the older drivers first?
try different drivers ?
this thread is for the 600 series not the 500 so make your own thread in the tech section

Cythoxus

Cythoxus

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13
I have a nvidia GTX 660 2gb and i have installed the latest drivers clean and i am still getting crashes occasionally even with cuda off..
when the crash happens my screen just freezes and i have to ctrl-alt-del to close apb.. sometimes it also freezes but when i'm in ctrl-alt-del the game unfreezes.
anyone know a fix ?

Fayith

Fayith

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11
Does this apply to Laptop cards? This game freezes constantly on my laptop when it used to work perfectly.

Geforce GT 650 2GB GDDR5

I have a nvidia GTX 660 2gb and i have installed the latest drivers clean and i am still getting crashes occasionally even with cuda off..
when the crash happens my screen just freezes and i have to ctrl-alt-del to close apb.. sometimes it also freezes but when i'm in ctrl-alt-del the game unfreezes.
anyone know a fix ?

Also, this is almost my exact issue, except when mine freezes, most of the time it completely locks down my computer. I actually need to hold the power button to shut it off. This is with CUDA on or off. Yesterday it froze at the log in screen and I was able to close it. Then it froze after I chose my character and I could close out again. Then it went in game but when changing my costume from one saved pre-set to another, the music began to play very slow (kind of scary actually) and the computer completely locked up.

Dear RELOADED PRODUCTIONS,

I shopped for a gaming laptop distinctly with APB's massive CPU requirements in mind and it shot the price up significantly compared to a laptop that would suite the needs of the games I normally play. Please fix this so I can continue to play and spend money. I had like 130 days of Premium when I transitioned to this laptop from my broken one, and I haven't been able to play since. I probably have like 30 days left -_- ...... Help me!

Sincerely,

<- This Fan

Edited by Fayith, 14 June 2013 - 12:36 PM.

GreedyLemon

GreedyLemon

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 04-April 13
Fayith If your PC is locked by a game, that means it's a software bug (pretty rarely) or a hardware fault (more often). Windows 7/8 is quite reliable, so most lockups caused by a faulty hardware :computersmash:

Excalibur!

Excalibur!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2900 posts
  • Joined 27-April 12
I have a zotac gtx650 ti boost edition and i had problems too. I just disabled cuda for APB.

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12
Congrats to you guys, my Titans still have problems in SLI. Maybe I will upgrade my spare PC to 780s and see if they run better?

Posted Image

Show off your IRL weapons! - Click

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12

I have a zotac gtx650 ti boost edition and i had problems too. I just disabled cuda for APB.

That's what you get for buying a Zotac. You get what you pay for.Posted Image

Posted Image

Show off your IRL weapons! - Click

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

Excalibur!

Excalibur!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2900 posts
  • Joined 27-April 12

That's what you get for buying a Zotac. You get what you pay for.Posted Image

I dont get it... is it bad or good?

MisterSex

MisterSex

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13
Back to the current release driver , The best way!

RoronoaZoro12

RoronoaZoro12

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-March 12
guys i have GeForce GTX 460 i have this problem with Freeze low fps when i am on battle oh my! going on?

KD134

KD134

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-October 13
So what do I do when none of the "fixes" posted work? I've tried all the one's I've seen and none have worked. It's not my computer at this point, because I have all the required parts and have changed the settings for the so called "100% fixes" and I still have the same problem.

Ririn

Ririn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Joined 17-November 12
Than I have this problem. (geforce gtx660) crashes (ctrl+alt+delete and work.)

demonoid

demonoid

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Joined 22-November 10
Same problem here, I have an EVGA 660 ti ftw+ 3gb. I launch the game (through steam) log in, select my character, join a district, and as soon as I spawn my game crashes and I get the error reporter. My drivers and everything are all up to date..

I'm assuming were gonna have to wait for a hot fix or the Halloween patch next week which kinda sucks.. Finally got the spur to actually play APB again and now it won't work. Too bad its the weekend, guess I'll have to find something else to do in the mean time.
Server: Colby West
Criminal: Demonoid - R240 - Solo Again..
Enforcer: Demonett - R206 - Pony Time

http://guinn1190.deviantart.com/
http://steamcommunit...d/DemonoidPony/
http://www.twitch.tv/demonoid90

My Spec's: ASRock Fatal1ty Professional Z77 - i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti FTW+ 3GB - Corsair LP 16GB DDR3 1600MHz - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD

lBafyl

lBafyl

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 09-January 14

Hi,

This was a problem with all cards with Fermi and Kepler architectures, so that will be all 600-series cards.

Stuart.

Hello, I have a question off topic. What can you say about the lockout of players without explanation. From support I did not get a specific answer. I hope for you.

DarkStar0

DarkStar0

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 22-January 14
Hello there!
I have GTX 650(non ti).
I use GeForce 332.21 Driver(the latest) and I have time to time some huge fps-drops.
Can some1 tell me if the downgrade to 320.xx listed in this topic will solve the fps-drops or its useless to downgrade the driver?
Thank you and I hope for a respones.
Cheers! :)
Think before you act.

N0rbat

N0rbat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 29-June 13
Install back stock driver from your CD which you obtains with your card... And never update it... It is best solution for everything i was on 314 drivers with stable.fps i updated to 320 and worse performance now i updated to 334 and i have 20fps and sometimes my PC restarts without reason...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users