Photo

Can't start APB Reloaded when I click start!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
I installed everything thats necessary. I even tried the steam downloaded, and the gamersfirst downloaded APB reloaded nothing seems to work. I click start the launcher closes and nothing shows up. I have directx 11.0, windows 8 64-bit. I even reinstalled PhysX to see if that was the problem. Someone please help. I finally got a new computer capable of running any current game on high quality but I choose apb reloaded cause its fun as hell.
  • Skies likes this

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Can someone please reply to this? I really need help. Thanks in advance!

Salavus

Salavus

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 04-April 13
im having the exact same problem, ever sense the April 3rd patch and i can't find any information anywhere :(

That1Guyb4

That1Guyb4

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined 30-August 11
same problem here since the april 3rd patch

Edited by That1Guyb4, 04 April 2013 - 07:03 AM.

Posted Image

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
A friend of mine is having this issue as well, since the april 3rd patch.

So far we've uninstalled and reinstalled 2 different versions of physX, the latest and the one provided in the apb folders. We've tried the repair option on the launcher. We've completely removed every trace of APB from their computer and reinstalled it. We've tried several compatibility modes.

Nothings worked so far, but we're trying more things. I'd love to hear what any of you have tried so far, and I'll be sure to reply again if we get anything working.
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Hey Skies I tried what you did too. I even tried installing the steam downloaded version and it wouldn't work. I guess the only hope is wait until the next patch comes out.

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
If enough of us have the problem eventually I hope one of us figures it out.

And hopefully whoever does is kind enough to post here and let us know how they did it. :/
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

MNRyan

MNRyan

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
Yeah a friend of mine is having the same problem as of the new patch as well. Hopefully a new patch will roll around soon

BruteForceZero

BruteForceZero

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 16-February 13
I've been having this problem for a while now, since before the April 3rd patch. Since the valentine's day patch to be exact, but my symptoms are exactly the same. So far support has been completely unhelpful, an have been asking me to do things that I had already tried without their help. Common sense stuff like attempting a reinstall or repairing your launcher. It's pretty frustrating. From what I can tell, quite a few people had this problem, but gamersfirst never released any statement about it. It felt like they were just kind of ignoring it or desperately trying to prove it wasn't their doing, but the user's. It's been months and this problem still isn't solved. Hopefully a new patch fixes it for you, if not you may be screwed like me. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play this game again. I wish I could be of more help.

Edited by BruteForceZero, 05 April 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
If this is a technical support section where the gosh darn is the admins and staff?

That1Guyb4

That1Guyb4

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined 30-August 11

If this is a technical support section where the gosh darn is the admins and staff?

I guess this is where they don't like to tread because they don't like taking flak from angry players but then again, who would

Edited by That1Guyb4, 05 April 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Posted Image

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
So you want me to be happy that I cant even play the game that I always wanted to play now that I finally got a computer that can run anything? I really don't think you understand my frustration and if your going to flame please learn how to spell. "tread"? What the hell is that?

Edited by Franky13, 05 April 2013 - 01:20 PM.

smokestryfe

smokestryfe

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 27-May 12

So you want me to be happy that I cant even play the game that I always wanted to play now that I finally got a computer that can run anything? I really don't think you understand my frustration and if your going to flame please learn how to spell. "tread"? What the hell is that?

first off: he isn't flaming what-so-ever, second off, learn to read, tread means to walk or enter.

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
How the hell was I supposed to know that? I have every right to be angry since this game doesn't work and I'm not the only one thats getting screwed either.

APB-Player

APB-Player

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Joined 26-March 12
Hello,

If you have an nvidia GFX card and are using the latest drivers with the latest PhysX software try the following,
Uninstall the PhysX software from the control panel and restart.

Go to where APB is installed and look for this folder, E.g

• C:\Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\TPI\PhysX
  • Run this setup file: PhysX_9.10.0129_SystemSoftware
In the TPI folder there are also other installers, I do not know if these will run in Windows 8 but you can try each one. (All require to get APB running)

• DirectX
  • PunkBuster
  • VC2005_Redist
  • VC2008_Redist
  • VC2010_Redist
  • VC2012_Redist

Edited by APB-Player, 05 April 2013 - 03:42 PM.

Posted Image

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
^^ tried that already any other ideas?

JAZZBOY

JAZZBOY

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 26-November 12
i have thseame problem used all the reinstalled nvidia phys and do you know the worst i down loaded APB AGAIN AND IT HAS THESAME PROBLEM(sry for caps but you have to feelthat i am not really happy with this) and it wont work
game moderators or g1 helpers where are you pls we need you try saying something so we believe you really want to help us
try giving better patch

Edited by JAZZBOY, 05 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

JAZZBOY

JAZZBOY

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 26-November 12
enjoy this movie also after reading

its on apb

Edited by JAZZBOY, 05 April 2013 - 06:18 PM.

APB-Player

APB-Player

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Joined 26-March 12

^^ tried that already any other ideas?

PhysX_9.10.0129_SystemSoftware <Definitely this version?

And you have checked in the control panel that all these are installed?
VC2005_Redist, VC2008_Redist, VC2010_Redist, VC2012_Redist

If so, :(

Edited by APB-Player, 05 April 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10

PhysX_9.10.0129_SystemSoftware <Definitely this version?

And you have checked in the control panel that all these are installed?
VC2005_Redist, VC2008_Redist, VC2010_Redist, VC2012_Redist

If so, :(

We've tried all of those and checked all version numbers. Hell, even tried some other versions of physX because why-the-hell-not.

Just finished reformatting my friends computer, after getting it all back in ship-shape, downloaded APB, updated..

Nadda. Still. Even tried those steps after the reformat just in-casies.

I've been at this for days, doing dozens of things. I'm pretty frustrated. :[
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Same here. And I love it how staff isn't helping. I emailed them 3 days ago. Nothing so far. By the end of today if I don't get a response here or from support I'm giving up I'm not about to wait up on this game.
  • James Elson likes this

Jacobson

Jacobson

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-April 13
I'm having he exact same problem. Tried everything, even the stuff that customer support told me, and nothing is working. April 2nd i was playing the game as normal, nothing was wrong. But when I updated the launcher and clicked start on the 3rd, it disappeared and nothing happened. It's really frustrating because I bought premium the day before the patch, and now my money is pretty much wasted. Hopefully they will come out with another patch that fixes it.
  • James Elson likes this

APB-Player

APB-Player

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Joined 26-March 12

Hell, even tried some other versions of physX because why-the-hell-not.

Don't say that :), APB will not run with anything but the older PhysX software.

And if you install the latest PhysX software the APB launcher will not tell you that it failed to install the older PhysX software because it runs in silent mode.

If you manually try to install the older 0129 physX software it will then tell you, the current version of PhysX is newer than the version you are trying to instal... installer failed.

Other problems arise if you install Netframework version 4.0 or update Netframework version 3.5.1.

3.5.1 is required and is partially installed by default in Windows 7.

http://msdn.microsof...y/hh506443.aspx

Worth checking if 3.5.1 is installed.

Edited by APB-Player, 06 April 2013 - 09:44 AM.

Posted Image

Franky13

Franky13

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
So can anyone help us?

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10

So can anyone help us?

I honestly don't think anybody can. Tried everything suggested and absolutely nothing is changing. There's a ticket in about the issue with my friend, and they're starting with 'How long are you waiting to let the game start?'

Because, you know, she presses start, and then waits two seconds and goes into task manager and kills the apbprogram process that's started, right?

Of course. Right.
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

nirvanah

nirvanah

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12
Its been the same for me. The only person who is even trying to help is APB player and he doesnt even work for them. I am not a computer expert, I have no idea how to check physx ect and do all the tinkering with my computer that he list, nor should I have to. I did roll back my graphics card driver and still nothing. Deleted steam version and downloaded directly from Gamers first(took forever) and still nothing. Twice the game actually launched after 5 minutes randomly of pressing start but froze on the credits screen. One time it did that when I set physx to computer and not my graphics card, and during the credits it had in big bold green letters physx mode - computer but still froze on the 3rd credit. Unbelievable that so many people are having problems since patch but not one GM has even bothered to respond. 3 days also on a customer support ticket. I know its a f2p game but i have bought g1credits for guns before. Guess they just dont care.

JAZZBOY

JAZZBOY

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 26-November 12
omg i cant still play apb because of the patch after the new patch

Jacobson

Jacobson

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-April 13
So when are they going to fix it?

rad1ance

rad1ance

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11
I wish we could get a response, and not a generic response either. I don't understand how so many people are having this problem yet support acts like this is not an issue. I've put a couple hundred in this game (easy), and I really wish I could charge back right now. This is complete garbage.

Jacobson

Jacobson

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-April 13
No kidding, it's extremely annoying, I'm sure it's not that hard to just fix it instead of ignoring it.

Edited by Jacobson, 13 April 2013 - 08:21 AM.

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
We got some response in this thread. Jericho asked a couple questions and requested anyone affected send their launcher.log to support so they could analyze it further. I think from this point on so long as we all do as requested there's not much more we can ask except for a hopefully quick fix.
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

Shadow565

Shadow565

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1956 posts
  • Joined 27-March 13
I'm just going to throw this out there,
Make sure you update with Windows Update as much as you can.
Check your GPU Vendors website (ATI/AMD nVidia or Intel) for the latest drivers.
If ANY of your other games has a "redist" folder run all the programs in there, you never know.

EDIT/P.S: I have Windows 8, i had the luck to be able to run APB off the bat.

Edited by Shadow565, 12 April 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image
Player Type: Play-for-Fun, don't mind spending certain amount of cash, as long as gaming experiences are rewarding, also don't mind loosing, rank progression is not a big deal either, since they rather buy things to enjoy them a lot fast and easier.

x180mystery

x180mystery

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 30-August 12
I too am having this problem i posted for help in the support and i requested a ticket. g1 responded but just asked for my log files i did and everything but he never gave me any usefull information. im really really fed up with this bullshoot. i should'nt have to mess with my settings,drivers,virus protection, and everything just because you cant fix your gosh darning game. G1 is the worst company but i love this game and just want to play it.
Heres a video to explain what the problem is and tell me if its the same for you:

I have lost all hope with G1 to acctually care about their players...

PC SPECS:
AMD fx 6120 ~3.5ghz
Evga Nvidia GTX 660 TI
1 tb sata hardrive
g700 power supply

Edited by x180mystery, 12 April 2013 - 10:12 PM.

• rad1ance likes this

rad1ance

rad1ance

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11
Same exact problem ^

Shadow565

Shadow565

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1956 posts
  • Joined 27-March 13
Another thing which may help, goto your APB folder and find the API folder, run the redist programs, this may fix your problems

Link(Steam 64-bit):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\TPI
Link(Steam 32-bit):
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\TPI

i don't know the links for G1 Downloader install(its been a long time)
Posted Image
Player Type: Play-for-Fun, don't mind spending certain amount of cash, as long as gaming experiences are rewarding, also don't mind loosing, rank progression is not a big deal either, since they rather buy things to enjoy them a lot fast and easier.

Jacobson

Jacobson

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-April 13
Well I gave them the log files and stuff, so I guess there's nothing more we can do.

rad1ance

rad1ance

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11

Well I gave them the log files and stuff, so I guess there's nothing more we can do.

Yeah... plus, who knows if they work on weekends...

Jacobson

Jacobson

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-April 13
True

Jacobson

Jacobson

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-April 13
(Accedental double post)

Edited by Jacobson, 15 April 2013 - 11:08 AM.

handwasher

handwasher

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 07-February 12
I wonder if it's related to ngenprogram from net framework, I recently just started seeing this process launching everytime APB does, maybe unrelated, I'm not effected by this issue but obviously the build has been changed in some way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users