• Please log in to reply
907 replies to this topic

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Firstly, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank the members of the SPCT program who have helped immensely with the development of this patch - you guys rock :).

WEAPONS (BALANCE):

Our weapon system now supports "Range" as a variable allowing us to balance weapons over distance. As a results we've reviewed every weapon and rebalanced them to take this new factor into account. All weapons will now act differently over range, losing damage faster after their effective range is hit. The one exception here is the DMR series, which gains damage at high range.

On top of the range changes, the following balance tweaks have also occurred:

Recoil:

RSA - Horizontal Recoil Reduced, Vertical Increased while in MMS mode.

PMG - Recoil tightened but recovery reduced.

DMR - Horizontal Recoil Reduced, Vertical Increased while in MMS mode.

CR762 - Recoil increased.

OSCAR - Recoil increased (double).

Core Stats:

Alig - Increased Damage vs Vehicles

Nano - Reduced Damage (1 more shot to kill)

Joker Carbine - Reduced Damage (1 more shot to kill)

CR762 - Reduced Fire Rate

OBIR - Reduced Fire Rate

Oscar - Reduced Damage (same shots to kill, but effectively lower range). Reduced Reload Time, Increased Fire Rate, Increased Move Speed while in MMS.

Accuracy Stats:

NFA-9 - Improved Minimum Accuracy.

RSA - Improved Accuracy regeneration.

CR762 - Increased Accuracy loss per shot. Increased delay before accuracy recovery. Increased accuracy recovery. Increased Minimum Accuracy.

Oscar - Increased Minimum Accuracy. Reduced Marksmanship benefit. Reduced Accuracy penalty for firing while running.

PMG - Increased Accuracy Recovery. The PMG now recovers more accuracy than before and faster.

COLLISION VOLUMES:

• We now have independent hit boxes for crouching and moving while crouched. This should have a huge impact on the use of cover (in that, it is now usable). You will find further details of this change on the APB Dev Blog.

WEAPON MODELS:

• Added a new model for the ALIG.

SCOREBOARD:

• Added Ignore and Whisper functions to the scoreboard. Now you can simply select a player and choose to either ignore them or whisper to them.

AUDIO:

• Updated Wwise to the latest version & cleaned up the audio packages. This should help performance somewhat and will do neat new things like fade between audio zones (before it would simply cut out).

• New Siren Audio added to the game (The Boomer DL-5).

MODS:

• SPOTTER: Allow the spotter icon to appear above the head of the player who has been spotted.

• SPOTTER: Allow the spotter modification to work on vehicles. All the players in a vehicle will be spotted.

• SPOTTER: Added a more fitting crosshair for the mod that is displayed for as long as the mod is active.

• Integrated Sniper Rifle Silencer - Removed bolt time reduction, added range reduction.

VEHICLES:

• FLASH PATTERNS: Added new flash patterns for all vehicles that support police lights.

• FLASH PATTERNS: Added new flash patterns for the ambient ambulances and garbage trucks.

• PARTS: Han Veo has a new bullbar and 2 aerials (unlocked through the tier 1 vehicle contacts - you should automatically have them unlocked if you have already completed these contacts).

• VEHICLE COST: Standardizing APB$ costs for ARMAS vehicles, some were set to 1000000 others to 500000, they are now all set to 1500 APB$.

WEAPON SKINS:

• The following weapons now support skins: ALIG LMG & RSA Magnum Revolver.

• New country weapon skins & a new unique pattern have been added to the game - please keep an eye on ARMAS for details.

• O-PGL: Hazard skin updated to be a more well-defined skin.

CHAT:

• Upping 'Say' Radius (the distance players can be heard with the 'Say' command) to 15m. Upping 'Yell' Radius to 99m.

SLI USERS:

• Added a "Time Sliced Customization" checkbox in the general video settings to fix the glowing green character issue that SLI users see.

Notes on this feature:

Essentially this option forces the game to build a character customisation in a single frame - rather than taking 2 or 3. As a result, un-checking it could work around the glowing or invisible characters by speeding up how quickly other player's customisations are loaded for you - but it will also carry a performance penalty as a result. The affects of this penalty will depend on how good your system specifications are (high spec PCs should not notice a performance hit).

We do not recommend using this feature if you are running a low spec machine.

This feature will be updated very soon with an improved system - the one present here is simply the first version of it.

BUG FIXES:

• AMMO: Ammo vending machines near vehicle spawn machines no longer function as a vehicle spawners.

• WEAPONS: Fixed an issue with the Italian flag on the LMG - flipped the flag so it is the correct way around.

• GRENADES: Fixed an issue that could cause grenades to become "stuck inside" players if they quickly cycled between primary and secondary weapons.

• WEAPON SKINS: Otome Neko skin adjusted for the Snub Nose Revolver.

• WEAPON SKINS: Fixed an issue with the USA weapon skin.

• CLOTHING: The New Gresty Cowgirl Hat & Impact Forearm Pads (part of Birth's final level unlock package) can now be equipped.

• ENVIRONMENT (FINANCIAL): Fixed an issue that allowed you to get through the roof in the corridor at the back of the Golden Mall, using an ambulance.

• Fixed the an issue that was preventing the title 'Dangerous Individual' from unlocking.

• EXPLOIT: For the vehicle Mobile Supply Unit, ensure the field supplier modifier effect turns off if the mod is removed from a vehicle.

• ALIENWARE: Fixed some issues that could cause client crashes while using AlienFX hardware.

• CHARACTER (FEMALE): Fixed an issue that caused the female character's eyes to roll into the top of the head when they switched their camera shoulder/crouched.

• SPOTTER MOD: Made the Spotter modifier take higher precedence than the Tagger modifier. You now can't use tagger on someone who is already spotted.

• GARAGE EDITOR: Fixed an issue that was causing the warning message "the customisation is too complex" for the Kurai NO4 "All Star" to appear.

• GARAGE EDITOR: Siren audio will now only last for a few seconds after it is previewed.

• GARAGE EDITOR: Fixed an issue that caused the siren audio to stop previewing if you changed vehicle parts.

• VEHICLES: Fixed an issue that was preventing the "Defender" Citadel's siren audio from working correctly.

• VEHICLES: Fix the Garage to handle the "None" siren properly. It now ensures that the audio is reset when "None" is selected.

• VEHICLE KITS: Joker Store Colima Kit now includes the non-plastic bumpers.

• VEHICLES: Fixed an issue with passenger cameras for Vegas G20 4x4.

• MESSAGES: Fixed an issue that could cause a tutorial message to pop up at the end of Fight Club missions.

• TEAM ALLIANCE: If a meta-group is on an unopposed mission and they are diverted to a witness mission they will no longer receive an offer to form a proper group as soon as the witness mission starts.
Jotunblut!

:D

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Problems? PM me :)

It's not the end of the world.

Semantic

Semantic

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 26-August 11
I love you.
  • poochyena likes this

Ourumow

Ourumow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
Cool
Posted Image

Genobee

Genobee

Ascended

• San Paro City Council
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4069 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11
They've done quite a bit of work lately from the looks of these patch notes, eh? Can't say their small team isn't trying.
  • Raginrainbow likes this

How to apply for SPCT || New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

<SPCM>Still having trouble learning the ropes? Toss me a PM! I'll gladly give you a hand!

フリルネックトカゲ

LoVato

LoVato

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 25-July 11
very satisfying update thus far. glad to see a temp solution for SLI among other pertinent issues. cannot wait to read all of the QQ regarding weapons balance.

:violin: :rofl:

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4328 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

• CHARACTER (FEMALE): Fixed an issue that caused the female character's eyes to roll into the top of the head when they switched their camera shoulder/crouched.

YESSSS!!! Finally!

• CapricaSix and Soq like this

EllixOnline | Ellix | oXNCXo | AliciaPrentiss

Gathering a team of map designers || If you're interested - PM me

Agdgdgwengo

Agdgdgwengo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Joined 30-October 11
Can't wait to test them guns.
  • Madonnna likes this
Posted Image
Patriot EU2

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• San Paro City Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3433 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

The most important one
Spoiler

Edited by Shini, 05 February 2013 - 06:36 AM.

• Locnlol, Reborn ^_^, Ellix and 4 others like this

Shini | ShiniDesu
Patriot | Obeya | Joker

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Natsuyaki

Natsuyaki

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
So is DMR 2 shot kill now ?

RedSlug

RedSlug

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 06-December 11
Numbers please!

So I can understand how much you ruined the Obeya while barely nerfing the nano.... :VeryMad:
  • Brigitte Von Gehlen and Nyanoko like this

Daztek

Daztek

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 08-March 11
A list with the effective ranges of all weapons would be nice to see!

NotDaz | Enforcer | Obeya

InsanePatriot

InsanePatriot

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 16-March 11
nooh

Posted Image

Youtube Channel // Hitbox Stream

Posted Image

Insane // Criminal // Patriot EU2
Sex // Enforcer // Patriot EU2

Genobee

Genobee

Ascended

• San Paro City Council
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4069 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

The blog (and these patch notes) say it gains damage at high ranges. So if we go off the blog it doesn't become a 2-shot kill unless at "extreme ranges".

Taken straight from the blog:

...(I’m also currently playing around with having a 150% effective range on the DMR, making it a 2 shot at extreme ranges and a 3 shot at closer, but I’ve not committed to this yet).

Edited by Genobee, 05 February 2013 - 06:40 AM.

How to apply for SPCT || New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

<SPCM>Still having trouble learning the ropes? Toss me a PM! I'll gladly give you a hand!

フリルネックトカゲ

Gateaux

Gateaux

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11

Only from a certain range.
Space Magic

PeterF

PeterF

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6268 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Only between 88 and 100m.

Posted Image

Post the gosh darnin imagine you surprise. Post it or stfu and quit talking mommy and having my alts banned you pathetic gosh darn.

Mini rage collage (NSFW) Gold tactics (video)

dMn

dMn

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 16-December 12
DMR shoots rocket-thruster bullets now?

Locnlol

Locnlol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2896 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11

DMR shoots rocket-thruster bullets now?

Not to go into detail about ballistics and stuff but there are real life studies showing that in some cases, slower bullet = more gruesome damage to the unfortunate person on the receiving end. MEaning it's actually deadlier after a certain range than point blank where it would "just" pass through.

If you really needed a justification. :)

Edited by Locnlol, 05 February 2013 - 06:48 AM.

• Madonnna likes this

Locnlol / JayceY

Gateaux

Gateaux

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11

Not to go into detail about ballistics and stuff but there are real life studies showing that in some cases, slower bullet = more gruesome damage to the unfortunate person on the receiving end.

Space Magic.
  • poochyena and Locnlol like this
Space Magic

Natsuyaki

Natsuyaki

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Thanks for the replies guys, cool to know ^^

I am really suprice they dint buff the accuracy of ATC 44 Pr1 etc, cause that waepon is really weak compare the RSA specially with this new buff of it.

Im happy with the buffs of other weapons :D cant wait to try PMG :D

Good job anways !! ~~ ,Jotunblut, give a bag of cookies from me to the programming team ^^ and the test team to ~~

Edited by Natsuyaki, 05 February 2013 - 06:47 AM.

• Madonnna likes this

Agdgdgwengo

Agdgdgwengo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Joined 30-October 11
Why can't I find anything about OSMAW in the patch notes...

Addition of the "Minimum Range variable" will make OSMAW even more powerfull since it's not affected.
  • ╬ Jagdtiger likes this
Posted Image
Patriot EU2

Ange1ofD4rkness

Ange1ofD4rkness

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3339 posts
  • Joined 28-February 11

About god damn time! mommy this one has been around for ages ... I reported this back in October of 2011

• VEHICLE COST: Standardizing APB$ costs for ARMAS vehicles, some were set to 1000000 others to 500000, they are now all set to 1500 APB$.

Damn, I just bought one for 500k ... FML bad timing LOL

Also no DMR skins still??? I mean don't get me wrong I like the original skin

Edited by Ange1ofD4rkness, 05 February 2013 - 06:48 AM.

Posted Image

"I am the instrument of God, messenger of the divine punishment of heaven!" ~ Alexander Anderson

Kerozen

Kerozen

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
Nice, love the new car parts and bug fixes, but i want valentines event, im bored :S
Posted Image

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4328 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12
Sooo..the only Question is: When?
Today? 6th? Later?

EllixOnline | Ellix | oXNCXo | AliciaPrentiss

Gathering a team of map designers || If you're interested - PM me

Lazyboots

Lazyboots

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11
I don't understand why people are confused about how the DMR works.

Posted Image
  • CerseiDeBeauvoir, Madonnna and Edde666 like this

AlmightyPanda

AlmightyPanda

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Joined 03-January 13
You guys were too harsh on Obeya rifle...
  • DarkPariah, Destruc and Brigitte Von Gehlen like this
Posted Image

Tourist

Tourist

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1263 posts
  • Joined 16-June 11
So, their only answer to the Nano is:

Tell me that's a typo or the rest of the patch notes are on another thread... The thing blows it's entire wad in a blink. One more bullet won't change anything.
  • Madonnna and Brigitte Von Gehlen like this
Tourist - Enf - Joker. People who cheat in online games should be drug into the street and shot.

i5 2400 3.1ghz, Win 7 x64, 8 gb 1066, R9 270X 2 gb GDDR5

LilyV3

LilyV3

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14281 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12
OMG you all gonna love and hate the new sirens ^^ They are sooo great.
  • CerseiDeBeauvoir likes this
Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

LilyV3

LilyV3

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14281 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

So, their only answer to the Nano is:

Tell me that's a typo or the rest of the patch notes are on another thread... The thing blows it's entire wad in a blink. One more bullet won't change anything.

No the change together with the basic dmg drop off mechanic (first of the patch notes) will have a bigger impact on the dmg reduction for the nano, so it won't be such a mid ange killer anymore.
Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

FlatHeead

FlatHeead

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

Edited by FlatHead, 05 February 2013 - 06:57 AM.

Excuse my bad English,please!

Posted Image

SPPD Vice

SPPD Vice

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 25-January 13
Sad they didn't limit the carbine's rate of fire.
  • JusticeSheptardQQ, Locnlol, tyvole and 2 others like this

SPPDVice - Joker East - Rank 80ish Gold LTL Enforcer
My Stream

Laits

Laits

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1015 posts
  • Joined 14-February 11
No Reaper buff ? :(
  • Fatal1ty Pixels, tyvole and Xenonio like this

Posted Image

^^^Thanks Friiv^^^

ohmywhatsthis

ohmywhatsthis

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3762 posts
  • Joined 17-September 11
Looks good mostly.

The Nano nerf doesn't address what's actually wrong with the gun (no bloom!) though.

Interesting that the Sniper Silencer changes aren't in there - glad I didn't buy a Reaper now :P
Posted Image

Strau

Strau

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11
thx for deleting my post, :lovestruck:
Enforcer : Ruzt - TEAM PORTUGAL (Obeya)
Criminal : Strau - TEAM PROTUGAL (Obeya)
Criminal : Clonk - Black Fellowship (Joker)

CptObvious

CptObvious

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1330 posts
  • Joined 30-August 11

No Reaper buff ? :(

It was in the leaked notes lol
Enforcer: PudgeFacker (NA West) / Criminal: SHlT (NA West)
Enforcer: Lemonparty (NA East) / Criminal: TubGirI (NA East)
Cause zirrick told me too, lemonparty being pretty: http://imgur.com/6LoDVL4

dMn

dMn

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 16-December 12

Not to go into detail about ballistics and stuff but there are real life studies showing that in some cases, slower bullet = more gruesome damage to the unfortunate person on the receiving end.

I didn't mention anything about "real life" or "needing a justification". The DMR was hurting for a buff, and this was a lazy alternative to buffing it. If anything, it seems likely that you need a justification more than I do, considering you're a part of the SPCT.

RedSlug

RedSlug

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 06-December 11
And what about the M1922?

Do you know that there're people playing without macros? I really hope that the CR762 nerf is small....

PS: I repeat, a rebalancing patch notes without numbers is useless.
  • tyvole and InteoixBR like this

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Nice :D However is that 1 shot going to really balance the nano? o.O
  • Madonnna and Ellix like this

Traktorka

Traktorka

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1695 posts
  • Joined 19-March 11
new flash light paterns , alig skin, spotter changes,.... lovely, I didn't expect this

FlatHeead

FlatHeead

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
You guys forgot to put the Sniper Silencer modification on that list :P
  • Madonnna likes this

Excuse my bad English,please!

Posted Image

Nived