APB: Aiming and Technique

58 replies to this topic

JRJ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 27-October 12
I'm not claiming to be anywhere remotely good atthis game but theres something really bothering me. I recently hit R200 am im still getting pwned by noobs. No matter what weapon I use. It SEEMS as if everyones aim is just so damn precise. Not only that, but they have a special dodging technque that I just can't seem to grasp or counter. OBIR users at long range especially, not only do they have the accuracy to hit you while you're moving 3 times, they get those shots off faster than my one shot with a sitting duck.

What I really want to understand is in those awkward 2-5m skirmishes, how do people keep such accuracy especially with secondaries? When playing an obvious noob, the two of us will dance around, reload a couple of times until someone decides to suicide with a grande, but in gold its done in seconds. even if I have the advantage with a surprise attack I usually get ****d.

Tips?

poochyena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2188 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
good stable FPS obviously helps, you may also want to try and change your mouse sensitivity to match how fast someone runs so you can smoothly move your mouse across the screen.

watch some people on youtube play APB, thats the best tip i can give.

if you recorded yourself play a full mission and uploaded it to youtube, we could see how you play and be able to give you better advice probably.

Edited by poochyena, 12 January 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Joker server, rank 245+ criminal, sniper/alig
Posted Image
Check out my etsy store!

Arvie

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5022 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10
Im not gonna give you my #1 tipp :>

But its mostly psychological.
So you either figure out what it is thats causing your decay in aiming, or you practice in other games, fast paced ones with a long(!!!!!!!) TTK and try to emulate the zones you have problems in, if its super close range, always get super close range in that game.

Im not really sure what games have long ttk's nowadays.
Posted Image

Shamis

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5737 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Disable the mouse smoothing option. Worked for me. :P

LilyV3

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13997 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

View Postpoochyena, on 12 January 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

good stable FPS obviously helps,

this, so much

had a strange drop off to 30fps today where i didn't hit anything anymore (even with cosshair on opp) then restarded ap, got 50 and everythign went way better, don't wanna imagine how i would perform with 60 or more fps. its so way more fluent then and ohhh just ohhh

Edited by LilyV3, 12 January 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Rinnolky

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11
Picked q3 back up to see where it is that im failing so much with my aim. The ttk seems to be longer than it is in apb (or its just me running with a default machine gun most of time :D). It's fast-paced and fun. Well, i figured some stuff out regarding my aim after playing it for a couple evenings.
Playing a variety of shooters may help your aim in general. Or maybe it will just help u figure out what is wrong with it.
Just try different things to see how u perform in various environments.

Also maybe try one of these kinds of things... http://aim400kg.ru/t...ain/?a=ea&ln=en (it will at least tell u some useful things, like the average time it takes u to aim or react or stuff like that)

Found myself being mistrustful of my aiming ability and reaction (which causes me to over-rely on predicting the movements of the enemy/'think' too much when aiming), also quite unable to track targets well >_>

Hecter Cheetos

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12
Buy Joker Carbine. Press A and D in an alternating pattern so your guy does a wiggle dance back and forth, preferably in and out of cover (a sign post will do). Put Cross Hair on Bad Guy. Click Mouse1 at a semi rapid pace. Win Video Game and Life.

Claymore1

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 27-September 12

View PostArvie, on 12 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

So you either figure out what it is thats causing your decay in aiming, or you practice in other games, fast paced ones with a long(!!!!!!!) TTK and try to emulate the zones you have problems in, if its super close range, always get super close range in that game.

+1
Spy in TF2. CQC, no backstab.
crimgai: Garett (Colby) copgai: OfficerGarret (Colby)
Posted Image

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6222 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12
I tend to aim in front of people when trying to shoot them thinking its battlefield instead of apb :(

though fps is a HUGE factor, my fps is crap half the time but when it runs smooth (25-30 fps for me) its like OMG IM HITTING THINGS WITHOUT STUTTERING/TELEPORTING!

Edited by Noob_Guardian, 12 January 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Posted Image
[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

AdmiralDeath

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • Joined 10-June 12
Are you on Obeya?

I can show you few tricks.

GuzziHero

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2083 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11
I'm having the same problem.

I play Crimecraft sometimes and even if I am not using a Leopard R-Sys ubergun, I do pretty damn well. Always top 3 in the leaderboards, usually top non-red pinger. Played for a major clan, even got hackusated by a KatoBQue player (or however you spell it).

I come to APB and I can't twitch, I cant track, I just can't seem to do anything. I just don't get it.

Had a guy at about 3 metres, stationary, unawares. I fired about half a mag from PMG and didnt get one red hitmarker. Something is wrong with me, or the hit detection.
Ex-player. Wish I could play again, I just can't.

BirryMays

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3244 posts
  • Joined 17-November 10
For just getting better at aiming I'd suggest playing UT99 (use a minigun or pulse rifle, both will really help your tracking) at a gamespeed of around 150-160%. If you're going masterful or godlike you may have to turn it down to ~120-140, depending on how good you are. After playing for awhile APB will feel extremely slow and you'll be able to aim much better.

Since G1 moved the camera way out to the side the gun doesn't line up with the crosshair at extremely close range. This means that for most guns you'll end up missing most of your shots under 5m if you have the crosshair over them. The trick is to shove the barrel of your gun in their chest. Waiting around a corner with a Shaw and doing that can be hilarious.
BirryMays // Colby // ey Burv did u czech my abs
/Mod edit No .gif's allowed in signs.
rus mod layin down the law
Posted Image

GuzziHero

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2083 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

View PostBirryMays, on 13 January 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Since G1 moved the camera way out to the side the gun doesn't line up with the crosshair at extremely close range. This means that for most guns you'll end up missing most of your shots under 5m if you have the crosshair over them. The trick is to shove the barrel of your gun in their chest. Waiting around a corner with a Shaw and doing that can be hilarious.

Orly?

That could explain a LOT of my bad results, especially at close range!

Thanks for that! I shall experiment.

BirryMays

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3244 posts
  • Joined 17-November 10

View PostGuzziHero, on 13 January 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

Orly?

That could explain a LOT of my bad results, especially at close range!

Thanks for that! I shall experiment.
Yeah, it's been an issue ever since they took over. In RTW there were some people complaining that they couldn't see properly because their head got in the way of the crosshair (never had that issue myself, and I don't see it on any old RTW footage on YouTube) so they moved the camera angle.
BirryMays // Colby // ey Burv did u czech my abs
/Mod edit No .gif's allowed in signs.
rus mod layin down the law
Posted Image

HellKnightX88

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4029 posts
  • Joined 05-December 10
Cover... love it, use it. In close range think fast and if you see your aim is off go to fight club to warm up a bit. A lot of times even if your aim isn't that good you can be smart about things and outplay your enemies.

There was a time when I used to play a bit of Q3 while waiting for my group to get pnline. And there was a clear difference between my reaction time throughout the whole APB playsession when warming up on Q3 vs just jumping on APB and playing.

Can't give you any other advice than warm up and learn the strengths of your weapon and use them.

Posted Image
Frosty - Xhadee // Recruitment // Youtube // Livestream // Twitter

GuzziHero

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2083 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11
See, I feel that cover is useless in APB because of the hit boxes. I snuggle up to a wall, and I have to be really exposed to lean and fire, unless I want to hit the wall.

Even if I get up close and lean so my character model is OUT of the cover, I am hitting concrete, while my hitbox is exposed to anyone who wants to shoot me. This makes using cover (one of the few skills I can bring to the game) worthless.

And of course a single wallhacker on the opposing team would make my only other useful ability - flanking - equally useless.

I guess though my main issue is that sometimes, it feels like I am the only person who's shots don't connect (or who can't aim).

JonDohnson

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13
Some people may be new to the game, but have lots of experience with shooters.

I am one of those, so i may be one of those "Noobs" that pwnd you. I would not consider myself a noob because i am highly addicted to gaming since my old C64-times and have played more games than most of you have seen. Lvl 200 means nothing if you meet an old silverback with 30 years of gaming experience.

Its just another fast paced shooter based on the well known unreal engine. Close quarter combat, dodging bullets, playing cat and mouse between buildings and obstacles and stuff like that never changes.

BirryMays and HellKnightX88 are absolutely right. Do what they told you and you will get better soon.

Herb

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
I usually put the crosshair on them and click mouse1

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3387 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
My only problem is aiming with pistols. I can never seem to get a decent shots off with them, it takes me a whole magazine to kill someone if I'm using the FBW.

Patriot | Posted Image LordCashpoint | Posted Image AdvancedRookie |

I write comics sometimes!

fatc4t

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Joined 03-November 11

View PostArvie, on 12 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Nobody should take any advise from you.
I saw your recent score, on the scoreboard.. and it almost made me vommit..
yuck! meow meow meow..

I can't help thinking.. maybe he's just bad at the game.
Posted Image

Leader of FATCAT BEST CAT

demonoid

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 22-November 10
Edit: Upon a request just click the spoiler for a non-colored copy of my post.. (I seriously don't think it matters what color some letters are, I personally find white/charcoal hard on the eyes)
Spoiler

In my experience I'd have to say its broken down into two areas of player skill and PC stability. There's a fair few great players out there that use great tactics and skill yet in the heat of battle some of these players seem to 'choke up.' I've played this game since RTW with the same PC and as such I'm stuck with a sub par machine, and tend to lose a lot to those players with superior computers. As for evading an attack well I believe its just comes down to skill on the players behalf, some people are naturally 'gifted' for such things while it takes others ages to develop such skills.

Now some things can also be blamed on APB and its servers too. For instance people who 'sprint shoot' can develop insane evasion in APB because of its broken animations. Before sprint shooting existed I found it much easier to hit people, as well as in the past (RTW) semi-autos weren't nearly as effective as they are now. Obviously times change, and over the course of change some weapons became less or more effective. I don't believe that in a world/game of differences that there will ever be a true balance but we can get pretty close. Right now it just so happens that most single fire weapons are shining at this point, but that may change soon with the balance patch looming over head.

I used to be all for shotguns in the past and then hit registry made me change, and now I use mainly the HVR 762. But as of recently the JG/CSG seem to have been registering more while the HVR's are now having registry issues of there own. And even my FBW-SD that used to work great for me in the past is now having issues, I'll be dead on target firing and it seems like 1 in 3 shots are registering half of the time. Also with all the players that sprint shoot it just makes things more frustrating when I'm trying to hit someone who's movement smoothness is constantly changing due to broken animations. Not to mention that everyone's latency is different too, which makes it even more difficult at times.

All in all it just comes down to player skill, PC performance, and occasionally luck. Ever since sprint shooting was added I've found it much harder to hit some people. I just kinda wish RP would change it back to the way it was in RTW where you had to let go of the sprint key to fire with any weapon, it actually took a higher degree of skill then to perfect evasion. And also now that we have so many mid range weapons that retain such a precise amount of accuracy while moving in marksman it makes things even more difficult for weapons that don't. For instance look at the HVR 762 and the HVR 243 scout, the HVR 762 even with HS3 requires the user to stand stock still for a moment or even to crouch to fire and accurate shot. While the HVR 243 was intended to simply be more mobile, its also far more accurate that its predecessor and able to accurately hit people even whilst in mid air.

I'm not just gonna sit here and whine about things since the balance patch is around the corner and all may change. But for so long now there's been a great deal of superior weapons making other alternatives seem obsolete in comparison. As well as system changes such as sprint shooting which further gave single fire weapons such as shot guns, secondaries, and the such even more advantages. I have hope that the balance patch will fix some of the imbalances, but I'd really like to see some other changes to the combat system such as the removal of sprint shooting for one.

Now I'm not gonna hold my breath, but until the imbalances and other broken system mechanics get fixed over time. There's not much else to do but adapt and make use of what were stuck with for now. I have faith that RP will eventually get things straightened out. APB is indeed annoying and frustrating at times, but there's no use in adapting to the present when the determined near future presents a big change. I'll wait until then before I go making changes to the way I play this game. Because unless the developers give us some insight before hand, its just a big mystery at the next stop in the road.

To summarize:
Just keep playing the way you are now and just practice. With the balance patch coming up in the near future there's no real use in adapting to the present only to have to re-adapt when everything possibly changes. For better or worse all we can do for now is continue with the present, and then change if or when the game presents a change too. I'd give some tips that I've learned for experience or others, but that may be futile if were just gonna have to re-adapt in the future.

To be honest the best way to become great at anything is with trial & error and a little patients. Everyone plays a little differently, its all about finding what works for you and then mastering it over time. No one can tell someone else how to be good, as we all do things a little differently. By being observant, patient, and persistent will you find what works for you and how to master it. I never use guides or others help unless I've completely gone in over my head. Being able to figure it out on your own through practice and research leads to personal growth. There's plenty of videos and streams out there to observe experienced gamers, I'd do that and then try to apply what you've witnessed to your own style of gaming.

Sorry if this may not be the precise advise you were looking for. But having been self reliant for so long, I learned most of what I know through trial and error. I've had teachers in the past show me the basics, and then it was up to me to develop the skills necessary to figure it out. Admittedly I have yet to master shooter style games as it was only in the past few years I really got into them. I've adapted pretty well so far if I say so myself, but I still have my own flaws to work out yet.

I hope my more round about methods aren't in vain. I don't believe in being told 'exactly' how to do things, I like to adapt and figure things out on my own.
(hehe, sorry for being a windbag, I just got a little carried away with my thoughts..)

Edited by demonoid, 13 January 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Server: Colby West
Criminal: Demonoid - R240 - Solo Again..
Enforcer: Demonett - R206 - Pony Time

http://guinn1190.deviantart.com/
http://steamcommunit...d/DemonoidPony/
http://www.twitch.tv/demonoid90

My Spec's: ASRock Fatal1ty Professional Z77 - i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti FTW+ 3GB - Corsair LP 16GB DDR3 1600MHz - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3387 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

View Postdemonoid, on 13 January 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

Ever since sprint shooting was added I've found it much harder to hit some people.

This is why I rarely win pistol fights. At best, I jog fire with my pistol, but I can't get used to being able to hit people who are sprinting around the damn place.

Patriot | Posted Image LordCashpoint | Posted Image AdvancedRookie |

I write comics sometimes!

GuzziHero

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2083 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11
I have found that having my settings on high helps... the variation between max fps and min is less, makes things more predictable, at least in FC.

Altais

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined 23-September 12
If you played Gunz The Duel for 7 years, and you could Lead the guy who is doing double HRS with 40-100ping, APB is nothing compared to that.

GuzziHero

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2083 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11
God that game looks awful. I think I'd be doing well to want to look at that for more than 5 minutes.

ShadePF

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1966 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11

View PostGuzziHero, on 13 January 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

God that game looks awful. I think I'd be doing well to want to look at that for more than 5 minutes.

Gunz the duel was awesome.
but getting 1hitko from across the map was kinda annoying and the cashshop items that made you 50% stronger meh.

ShadeART/FuzzyControl/TempleO/Goldfarmer

Dawls

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10
ask champy, best player

Bishada8800

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2412 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11
First of all. Scout is probably not the best weapon if you are not very good at this game. OBIR (even without slots) is a much better weapon for most people. Try it out for 10 hours...

Second. At least G1 servers often run at sub 24-25fps. That make it hard to actually hit where you aim unless the target is stationary (many snipers are easy to hit because they don't really move)

As for your question. If you have a sniper rifle and wait for that perfect shot you could either move your crosshair to where your target will be in a split second later (leading your target) and pull the trigger - or you move your crosshair in front of him and wait (stationary reticle) until he run into the crosshair. This work well against targets that move in a predictable way (ie new players, green, bronze, silver and surprisingly even some gold). However, good gold players will move in irregular patterns and they are often a nightmare to snipe. Luck will play a big part here. And cover. And positioning. And team-work.

Ohh, and targets that jump are very very easy to hit as they can't change direction mid air (are you jumping with your scout when taking shots even when there is no cover you need to jump over to get Line of Sight? -don't).

View PostGuzziHero, on 13 January 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

See, I feel that cover is useless in APB because of the hit boxes. I snuggle up to a wall, and I have to be really exposed to lean and fire, unless I want to hit the wall.
Are you using a very short or very tall in-game-character?

...annoying color on a post that seems like good reading...
Will not read your post unless you edit out the color code. Hope you didnt type anything worth reading ;)

I am only responding to a line i saw in another reply...

Ever since sprint shooting was added I've found it much harder to hit some people. I just kinda wish RP would change it back to the way it was in RTW where you had to let go of the sprint key to fire with any weapon, it actually took a higher degree of skill then to perfect evasion.
I was using JG back then (yeah it was not one of the popular weapons and it was quite demanding to use) and sprint shooting WAS tricky to pull off - but it was in no way impossible. I am also pretty sure the sprint delay was a lot shorter back then.

TL&DR Really good players were even harder to hit than they are now.... ;)

Edited by Bishada8800, 13 January 2013 - 09:57 AM.

View Post-Reagan-, on 28 October 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

bishada indeed have more stronk math skill then you.

☯MonaSux☯

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
Do you KAMEHAMEHA Technique !

Edited by MonaSux, 13 January 2013 - 09:53 AM.

.:.MonaSux.:.
Posted Image
Threat Level Never Show Your Skill

Bishada8800

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2412 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11

View PostMonaSux, on 13 January 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Do you KAMEHAMEHA Technique !

ROFL!!!!! :D

View Post-Reagan-, on 28 October 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

bishada indeed have more stronk math skill then you.

Whackjob

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3520 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11
I remember when APB went into beta. The first time, under Realtime Worlds. I'd win most fights by just being aggressive and taking the fight right to the face. Even the best sniper or best med-or-long-range gunner would seemingly come apart the second I was five feet away. I'd even charge across open streets to get to them.

GuzziHero

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2083 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

View PostBishada8800, on 13 January 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Are you using a very short or very tall in-game-character?

A variety. I expect that facing straight forward I can't get round the corner. That I can live with. But when I lean out, I still cannot hit the enemy but they can hit me?

In most (read: all) other games I know, crosshairs means I am able to shoot at the enemy!

Plus, I don't give a damn what anyone from RP says. Hit markers are NOT guarantee'd hits. Ive tested it, they aren't always accurate.

Edited by GuzziHero, 13 January 2013 - 10:06 AM.

Karyl

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3732 posts
  • Joined 11-November 10
Disable mouse smoothing/acceleration and find the proper mouse sensitivity for you.

I'm pretty sure that at least 70% of the shooter players on PC use a wrong mouse sensitivity for them.

Altais

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined 23-September 12
Ok i have great idea how to help you. Just get the NANO and problem solved.

Arvie

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5022 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10

View PostGuzziHero, on 13 January 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

snip

APB's Camera focuses around the player which is far to the left/right, unlike crimecrafts, whose player is near the middle.

So if you rotate your camera, you actually rotate around the camera, not around the middle of the screen which is where most TPS put the player character. Hence it being a bit "weird".

View PostBirryMays, on 13 January 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

Yeah, it's been an issue ever since they took over. In RTW there were some people complaining that they couldn't see properly because their head got in the way of the crosshair (never had that issue myself, and I don't see it on any old RTW footage on YouTube) so they moved the camera angle.

Yea it sucks, they also moved the camera further down, so _now_ the head gets in the way, before that change I had 0 problems.

View Postfatc4t, on 13 January 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Nobody should take any advise from you.
I saw your recent score, on the scoreboard.. and it almost made me vommit..
yuck! meow meow meow..

I can't help thinking.. maybe he's just bad at the game.
Pls dont fat so much fatcat. So mature, is that why you got banned on mumble and forced out of UR? :troll_face:
meow meow meow meow

Go ask harry how I played when I trio'd with him and vayne before we joined UR.
Also I was LTLing. :3

Edited by Arvie, 13 January 2013 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

fatc4t

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Joined 03-November 11

View PostArvie, on 13 January 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

APB's Camera focuses around the player which is far to the left/right, unlike crimecrafts, whose player is near the middle.

So if you rotate your camera, you actually rotate around the camera, not around the middle of the screen which is where most TPS put the player character. Hence it being a bit "weird".

Yea it sucks, they also moved the camera further down, so _now_ the head gets in the way, before that change I had 0 problems.

Pls dont fat so much fatcat. So mature, is that why you got banned on mumble and forced out of UR? :troll_face:
meow meow meow meow

Go ask harry how I played when I trio'd with him and vayne before we joined UR.
Also I was LTLing. :3
forced out? please. Lying is easy on the internet, eh.
I was only kidding, but seeing I hit a nerve, I'll take it back. <3
Posted Image

Arvie

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5022 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10

View Postfatc4t, on 13 January 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

forced out? please. Lying is easy on the internet, eh.
I was only kidding, but seeing I hit a nerve, I'll take it back. <3

You called me a meow meow meow meow meow.

Theres no way Ill take that easily.
Posted Image

Whackjob

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3520 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11
Say what you want about fat cats, but they sure are jolly.
Posted Image

Abhor

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

View PostJRJ, on 12 January 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I'm not claiming to be anywhere remotely good atthis game but theres something really bothering me. I recently hit R200 am im still getting pwned by noobs. No matter what weapon I use. It SEEMS as if everyones aim is just so damn precise. Not only that, but they have a special dodging technque that I just can't seem to grasp or counter. OBIR users at long range especially, not only do they have the accuracy to hit you while you're moving 3 times, they get those shots off faster than my one shot with a sitting duck.

What I really want to understand is in those awkward 2-5m skirmishes, how do people keep such accuracy especially with secondaries? When playing an obvious noob, the two of us will dance around, reload a couple of times until someone decides to suicide with a grande, but in gold its done in seconds. even if I have the advantage with a surprise attack I usually get ****d.

Tips?

Run the game at constant 60 fps (or higher if you have a 120 hz moniter)
Stop shooting at the floor
Change your mouse sensitivity
Keep your ping below 100, preferably sub 50
And spend countless hours playing the game.

If all the above fail, you might want to play something more casual

Posted Image

FX 8350 4.5 Ghz | Sapphire Radeon R9 270 | 8 GB Ram

Enforcer - Valleria | Criminal - Judithe

Joker East

fatc4t

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Joined 03-November 11

View PostArvie, on 13 January 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

You called me a meow meow meow meow meow.

Theres no way Ill take that easily.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 GamersFirst.com, Reloaded Games, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.®