28 replies to this topic

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
I found this interesting game to check out in 2013. It looks similar to a fallen earth only a more sci-fi version and has an interesting city building idea. Apparently its in alpha version and soon will be in beta.

Its called The repopulation

http://www.therepopu...=175&Itemid=457

http://www.therepopu...yout&Itemid=433

http://www.therepopu...=281&Itemid=479

http://www.therepopu...=198&Itemid=461

post any other games you might of come across and are anticipating for the 2013 year.

Crossword Puzzle

Crossword Puzzle

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 06-January 13
Darkfall unholy wars...that's about it for me really.

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
wanted to repost links for the repopulation because the original links do not work anymore. don't know why I think they redid their website

repop

repop2

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Warhammer 40.000 Dark Millenium

Posted Image

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Warhammer 40.000 Dark Millenium

Is there some up to date info on that?

Heretic
Nysak

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Meh, checked recently and its cancelled. SEGA bought Relic from THQ so they might continue the project. So sad that THQ bankrupted. So many nice titles abadoned...

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Only thing that bothers me...

Action Mode

We have 2 distinct combat modes in The Repopulation, RPG Mode and Action Mode.
RPG Mode is similar to what you seen in traditional MMOs. You select abilities to use on your current target by clicking on ability buttons from your action bar.

Action mode allows you to play in a style more similar to a First Person Shooter. You aim and shoot rather than selecting abilities from an action bar. Action Mode also allows for command stacking abilities where you can map mouse/button clicks to perform certain abilities and move on to the next one, if the first one is unavailable. Action mode is typically done in first person, but can be done in 3rd person as well.

Both modes work fairly similar behind the scenes and do not provide much of an advantage in that area. Increased mobility and targeting might be advantageous for PvPers trying to flank someone, but it is not a true FPS like system where projectile collisions are being processed by the server. Targeting is done client side and if a target is found during action mode it is sent off and processed, if not, then the action is ignored or an alternative action is decided that makes sense. The goal is to provide alternative play styles for those who want something a little different out of their approach to combat while trying to avoid giving an extreme advantage to one system over the other.

Sounds nice in theory but at the same time why would a player use FPS mode when they can always land shots in RPG mode?...
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Only thing that bothers me...

Sounds nice in theory but at the same time why would a player use FPS mode when they can always land shots in RPG mode?...

yea kinda strange that they are doing that. Im guessing healers will be using the traditional method and fighters will use the aim mode. Or maybe they are doing it that way because of some pve portion of the game which will require the traditional method to complete missions.

maybe traditional method will not be allowed in pvp.

Im just happy this game will have players progressing based on skills instead of levels like most mmo's. Finally some devs out there decided to take the EVE approach when making a new game.

but the game is still in alpha. longs time from being released. I think late 2013.

Edited by Kiryuha, 11 March 2013 - 07:11 AM.

thedemoninside

thedemoninside

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 19-January 13
I'm betting you can only get head shots if you aim yourself. Rpg mode probably just gives normal/less damage.

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

I'm betting you can only get head shots if you aim yourself. Rpg mode probably just gives normal/less damage.

yea the aiming system in the game is based on limbs. People have to aim at arms, legs, and chest so maybe aiming in traditional rp style won't be as easy compared to regular aim mode.

either way the game reminds me a lot of star wars galaxies and fallen earth. so it should be good

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Ya seems like it has aiming assistance or something... I'm quite interested in it from the fact you can build cities. This will be one of the only PVP MMO's that have contestable grounds to build cities in awhile.

I'll most likely be hitting this up at some point. As for other MMOs however, nothing that catches my eye... oh well back to waiting for Shadowbane to be up again xD

Edited by Reaps989, 12 March 2013 - 05:49 AM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

Nice list. Will be trying some of them out soon.

:computerbrain:

Posted Image

Syrinx Saldana

Syrinx Saldana

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 03-March 12
Difiance looks interesting, not sure if it's going to be great however. I've not read up too much about it however.

Repop looks pretty good however, if they get it off the ground. W all know what happened to Grimlands...so much promise and poof...gone.
Posted Image

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Difiance looks interesting, not sure if it's going to be great however. I've not read up too much about it however.

Repop looks pretty good however, if they get it off the ground. W all know what happened to Grimlands...so much promise and poof...gone.

Yea its been a tough 3-5 years for mmo games. Not much success nowadays.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Still watching darkfall myself...still has the most potential out of this new stuff imo.

Heretic
Nysak

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Still watching darkfall myself...still has the most potential out of this new stuff imo.

Darkfall is great, just wasn't willing to P2P it.

I'll be checking out Defiance.

Posted Image

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
another new mmo to check out this year for those of you who are fans of the genre.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
some pvp details for the repopulation

PVP overview

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

some pvp details for the repopulation

PVP overview

Game is looking to be it's own level of badassery, if only it was an more FPS-ish... their option of "shooter and MMO" mode is slightly disapointing. Still going to try it and most likely love it either way xD

Note how they instantly take territory control which most games STILL don't do right. Let alone that provides resources along with building your own city/nation. It's quite a big deal. Especially now adays.

Edited by Reaps989, 07 July 2013 - 02:48 AM.

Posted Image

Gapetta

Gapetta

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Yeah, I'll definitely be playing the Repopulation. If only I could get into early testing...

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
Haven't been following therepopulation much recently as it is still in alpha :( but they posted a new alpha trailer not too long ago...looks really good :) They have been doing alpha way too long..hopefully soon they get into beta.

Edited by Kiryuha, 03 November 2013 - 02:58 AM.

Advent Child

Advent Child

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 27-August 13
That looks absolutely amazing. I'm definitely going to be keeping a closer eye on it in the future.

SirSplatsalot

SirSplatsalot

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
Looks awesome! Hope it doesnt take too long.
o5b8dv.png
Democles - Kaycee Jynx - Sir Splatsalot

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
http://store.steampo....com/app/200110 !!!

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

http://store.steampo....com/app/200110 !!!

Interesting, but... says multiplayer but I can't help but feel it's gonna be another stage based multiplayer.

Posted Image

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12

Interesting, but... says multiplayer but I can't help but feel it's gonna be another stage based multiplayer.

yes and gameplay seems to be similiar to Forge. If It will be balanced enough i gonna love It.

(note to self: posting on forums using smartphone sucks at ease.)

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

yes and gameplay seems to be similiar to Forge. If It will be balanced enough i gonna love It.

(note to self: posting on forums using smartphone sucks at ease.)

Haha tell me about it, would be easier if I just had it auto sign-in... but eh.

Posted Image

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Ok, I found another interesting game, currently in closed beta (30 Euros to go in)
http://store.steampo...com/app/247730/
Looks like DayZ, but more urban oriented. And no zombies(sort of).

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Ok, I found another interesting game, currently in closed beta (30 Euros to go in)
http://store.steampo...com/app/247730/
Looks like DayZ, but more urban oriented. And no zombies(sort of).

Ya CPG showed me it, looked kinda fun but is basically like DayZ in terms of servers rather than 1 world.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users