Photo

Abandon opposed missions

* * * - - 5 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

Skullriot

Skullriot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5062 posts
  • Joined 03-October 12
I would really like to be able to abandon opposed missions without having to just drop out of the game entirely.

A lot of times when I get matched against an opponent that just curbstomps me the whole match, its really annoying to have to exit out of the game just to give up. It makes me possibly lose my spot in a full server, and also has a long downtime before I can start playing again.

Can you guys unlock /abandonmission for all the action districts? I understand why it isn't in the fight clubs, cause in the asylum you coulda just farmed pumpkins, and i guess there's something you could do abandoning missions in the regular fight clubs.

Anyway, unlock /abandonmission and I will spend more money on this game.

Joker: Tonks, Nymphadora
Joker Coins
- Lets try to get G1st to make JMBs better!

fez

fez

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Joined 26-September 12
Why not just finish the mission? Whenever I get stomped, I still finish the mission, you'll still gain standing and money. Whenever I see someone leaving mid-mission, I place them in the 'lame opponent' section. :/

WitchQueen

WitchQueen

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts
  • Joined 23-July 12
And also, friendly players from opposing factions could trade wins.

Altais

Altais

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined 23-September 12
How about no? You'll be abadon every mission when you are losing and it won't be fun for winners anymore. if you want to rage quit go ahead and do alt+f4.

Vince Lombardi said "Winners never quit and quitters never win."

Skullriot

Skullriot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5062 posts
  • Joined 03-October 12
It's not about every time I lose. It's about playing an opponent that is no fun for me. I like to have good opposition. A good back and forth is fun, and if its hard, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE, then i have a good time. I LOVE a challenge. I play most every game I own on hard or harder difficulty. I'm proud to say I 100%ed MW2 on the 360, and if you have ever tried to get the "Mile High Club" achievement, you will know what I am talking about.

But no. Sometimes there are opponents, no matter how crafty, no matter how many times i switch up loadouts, no matter how many different times i try to sneak up on them, they just whup on me. That is NO fun at all. I hate just being sat on and beaten. I would much rather be able to abandon those missions than have to sit through it.

As far as abusing the system, I'm sure people abuse quitting out already. There's not going to be any changing that. I don't see any reason not to let people /abandonmission on opposed missions. It makes no sense.

Joker Coins

Bfranx

Bfranx

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Joined 12-February 12
I think there used to be an option for /quit or /abandonmission or something like that....

8sJGyYi.png
Bfranx - Sergeant First Class | HIVE | APB - Joker
Visit us at www.wasp-inc.com or YouTube

Altais

Altais

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined 23-September 12

It's not about every time I lose. It's about playing an opponent that is no fun for me. I like to have good opposition. A good back and forth is fun, and if its hard, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE, then i have a good time. I LOVE a challenge. I play most every game I own on hard or harder difficulty. I'm proud to say I 100%ed MW2 on the 360, and if you have ever tried to get the "Mile High Club" achievement, you will know what I am talking about.

But no. Sometimes there are opponents, no matter how crafty, no matter how many times i switch up loadouts, no matter how many different times i try to sneak up on them, they just whup on me. That is NO fun at all. I hate just being sat on and beaten. I would much rather be able to abandon those missions than have to sit through it.

As far as abusing the system, I'm sure people abuse quitting out already. There's not going to be any changing that. I don't see any reason not to let people /abandonmission on opposed missions. It makes no sense.

Grow some balls and deal with it.

Skullriot

Skullriot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5062 posts
  • Joined 03-October 12

Grow some balls and deal with it.

can you be nice for once, and on topic please?

Joker Coins

Snake.Wrangler

Snake.Wrangler

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1069 posts
  • Joined 13-September 12
This thread again? Let me sum up what the other threads were met with:
A resounding NO.
I wasn't around for RTW but as far as I know it had this feature and was abused to hell and back.
-Nothing is here due to APB signature making website being down-

Skullriot

Skullriot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5062 posts
  • Joined 03-October 12

This thread again? Let me sum up what the other threads were met with:
A resounding NO.
I wasn't around for RTW but as far as I know it had this feature and was abused to hell and back.

I honestly couldn't find the other threads. Can you be more specific about the abuse?

Edited by Riiz/Tonkz, 23 December 2012 - 09:08 AM.

Joker Coins

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3020 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
As much as it sucks for you, there's too many issues if this were to happen. I can only think of all the clans waiting to exploit this if it were to happen.

• An organized team can choose to abandon missions if they don't like the last stage, giving them an advantage
  • an organized team could also keep abandoning until they get the team they want (eg. friends, clanmates), so that they can exploit the mission and farm roles or money
  • It would make finding opposition harder than it already is, when players are abandoning missions against anyone they don't like facing

In my opinion, it's just best playing against them anyway for sportsmanship's sake.

Snake.Wrangler

Snake.Wrangler

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1069 posts
  • Joined 13-September 12

I honestly couldn't find the other threads. Can you be more specific about the abuse?

People leaving whenever they were losing. Eventually this would lead to no one having opposition- especially coordinated clans. Think about it. It's about the long term, not just the short term.
There may be some honorable people who would not abandon, but this is APB, where people would exploit to no end given the possibility.
-Nothing is here due to APB signature making website being down-

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3020 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

You couldn't abandon missions without leaving the district, but you could choose what missions you wanted since there was no ready system back then.

There may be some honorable people who would not abandon, but this is APB, where people would exploit to no end given the possibility.

Yep. Even honorable golds would probably exploit this to some extent if it were to happen. I don't know why, but so many people in this game are so wrapped around being the winner, it's embarrassing.

Altais

Altais

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined 23-September 12

It seems that you know i am sarcastic hors.

Uke

Uke

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12

Impossible.

SlaineNBH

SlaineNBH

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1015 posts
  • Joined 01-April 12
I would prefer folks abandoning the mission rather than start team killing to get kicked, go afk or rage over chat

Like i wish to be able to abandon witness mission since i dont want to lose my prestige level for a random amount of money and i dont get standing when the mission is over... to me its a waste of time
The altar screams for your blood enforcer, and the will of my dark mistress shall not be denied!!!
''What you call crime, i merely call necessary social evolution'' - Terence Piper
Those who cant keep what they have dont deserve to have it

Bleeder91

Bleeder91

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2046 posts
  • Joined 28-October 11
They should really consider this, or a better anti-cheat system..

"Still want to have a custom shader? Well then ARMAS has got you covered!"
Crimbusters is recruiting active enfocers, Patriot(EU2).

FiftyPercentJoe

FiftyPercentJoe

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11
As much as I hate playing a few matches against people my grade, and then out of nowhere, "GOLD TEAM FROM GOLD TOWN GOLD-SYLVANIA!" shows up and destroys me... Quitting is just stupid.

Look, I get it, losing sucks. I also understand it really sucks losing and not even getting a kill the people were so much better than you. Quitting though, quitting is just dumb. Quitting is admitting defeat before you've even started, quitting is saying, "You know what guys, you don't even have to worry about me attempting to fight you." Yeah, occasionally its a team of absurdly good Golds and you're a silver and you're like, "Dammit! What the cheese is this?!" Do I quit? Not until after the match is done, I might get stomped, but at least I tried, then I sign off to chill out, then sign back on. The more I make myself play against golds the better I think I've become, heck, I actually stomped a team for once... That says something because I've never done that before.

TLDR; Don't quit because someone's better than you. Fight hard, try to learn from how they beat you. If you get angry, sign off after the match and chill out. Its just a game.
Reloaded have answered my hopes with the Enforcer Armor pack. However these still stand:
- Enforcer Parka with hood down
- Access to the Radio back pack

carbondragon1093

carbondragon1093

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 19-February 12

I would really like to be able to abandon opposed missions without having to just drop out of the game entirely.

A lot of times when I get matched against an opponent that just curbstomps me the whole match, its really annoying to have to exit out of the game just to give up. It makes me possibly lose my spot in a full server, and also has a long downtime before I can start playing again.

Can you guys unlock /abandonmission for all the action districts? I understand why it isn't in the fight clubs, cause in the asylum you coulda just farmed pumpkins, and i guess there's something you could do abandoning missions in the regular fight clubs.

As a Gold who regularly gets opped against people I have no chance against thanks to a broken matchmaking system, I disagree that this should happen.

Just the other day I was in a 1v1 with another Gold who I've tried time and time again to beat and always lost, so I just took the opportunity to drive around, practice my drifting and the like. We even talked over /w for a while. I think I sort of helped with some emotional issues he was having. He was doing capture objectives while I goofed off and we talked. Then it came to a capture for me and I just let the timer run out. That's not quitting, that's not being childish (like alt F4ing is), that's acknowledging that your foe is better than you and using your time productively.

Hell, always keep in mind that some of these stupid missions give out over a grand for a 0-kill loss, so long as you didn't TK anyone.

SinArtie

SinArtie

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

YES! gosh darnINF PLEASE. GETTING ON MY NERVS