Photo

Sitting duck VS Reaper suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Giodra

Giodra

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 10-August 12
Can someone explain me very well the main differences between them and which is better?
SCONVOLTS Clan - Obeya EU 1

Genobee

Genobee

Ascended

• San Paro City Council
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4148 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11
The reaper has a longer bolt-time due to the silencer. The silencer also prevents cooling jacket from being used in conjunction with the sniper rifle. This weapon has a scythe tagger, and a silver/black coloration with a pattern on the back-end of it.

The duck has an open slot too, but no silencer. As a result red mods may be used. There is also a normal bolt time on this variant. It has a rubber ducky style tagger, and a yellow/black skin.

Both cannot use purple modifications.

How to apply for SPCT || New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

SPCC | <SPCM> | Forum Moderator

フリルネックトカゲ

Hei Jetstream

Hei Jetstream

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Joined 25-May 12
Duck is better because of lower TTK which could be improved even further with CJ3 and the tagger is icing on the cake.

Some people might say reaper is better because of the silencer but I honestly don't believe the silencer actually works on people with more than 2 brain cells.

Edited by SirFagalot, 11 December 2012 - 02:14 PM.

Lube / RickRitalin

Lube / RickRitalin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2231 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09
I prefer the look of the reaper, the sitting duck it kind of boring without the silencer attached. I also don't like the name "sitting duck", it doesn't suit the way the weapon is used.

I've only tested the scout but all I can say is that it was easier to use then the pre-nerf joker carbine. I'm sure the reaper is just as easy to use.

Edit:
Funny, after making this post I was put in a 4v4 with the whole other team using scouts. >_>

Edited by lube, 11 December 2012 - 06:24 PM.

Shamis

Shamis

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5738 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12

I honestly don't believe the silencer actually works on people with more than 2 brain cells.

Guess he's lucky. APB's population doesn't have 2 braincells combined.

Giodra

Giodra

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 10-August 12

I prefer the look of the reaper, the sitting duck it kind of boring without the silencer attached. I also don't like the name "sitting duck", it doesn't suit the way the weapon is used.

I've only tested the scout but all I can say is that it was easier to use then the pre-nerf joker carbine. I'm sure the reaper is just as easy to use.

Edit:
Funny, after making this post I was put in a 4v4 with the whole other team using scouts. >_>

Way much easier using N hvr than scout lol...

Proadox

Proadox

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12

Way much easier using N hvr than scout lol...

Lolno. I have been using the 762 forever, until I found a Scout PR2 trial sitting on my inbox. I tried that thing, and it's horribly speshul, specially the jumping thing. Since I had only 30 minutes with it, I can't say much though. But after that, I now plan to buy a Duck if the Scout isn't nerfed on the upcoming weapon balance patch.

Rade

Rade

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Joined 26-March 12
The delay between shots makes it a very non competitive weapon, it is a collectors item at best.
If you want to make enemies, try to change something...

Giodra

Giodra

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 10-August 12

Lolno. I have been using the 762 forever, until I found a Scout PR2 trial sitting on my inbox. I tried that thing, and it's horribly speshul, specially the jumping thing. Since I had only 30 minutes with it, I can't say much though. But after that, I now plan to buy a Duck if the Scout isn't nerfed on the upcoming weapon balance patch.

Lol yes ,
Nhvr : you can miss the second shot and kill after a whole mag and than reloading with no problems you will one shot.
Scout : 2 shots on target or no kill
Nhvr : way easier to aim , the zoom is almost the double of scout
Scout is better in mobility terms but not about killing.

Evita Says So.

Evita Says So.

Elite

• San Paro City Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1809 posts
  • Joined 12-February 12

The reaper has a longer bolt-time due to the silencer. The silencer also prevents cooling jacket from being used in conjunction with the sniper rifle. This weapon has a scythe tagger, and a silver/black coloration with a pattern on the back-end of it.

Duck wins, hands down.
Posted Image

Mozaik Role

Mozaik Role

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 30-March 10
i would say ducky cuz the reaper has an annoying bolt time.
Gr3nadier |Colby, AceShot | Colby
Check out my Themes

Mishiranu

Mishiranu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 04-October 12
Ima duck.