DuhHeroo!

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12
Hi,

I was wondering,

do you still get permanent weapon from the apb retail box?
&
the one at amazon(9 dollars one), does that give you the retail code? or just the cd?

I already bought one from amazon, its on its way, but I was wondering before I get it :)
Thank you! :)
Posted Image

Mayson

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7458 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
As far as I'm concerned you should. It was turned from a limited deal into a permanent one.
Emerald, more valuable than Copper and Aluminium, but at least the two latter are useful.

DuhHeroo!

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12

View PostMayson, on 29 November 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

As far as I'm concerned you should. It was turned from a limited deal into a permanent one.
I should buy more? xD and the weapon had a limited time? and now its permanent?
Posted Image

Redemptionx

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2170 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
The box's from amazon, newegg, ebay, and the codes from iceberg should all be perm weapons, with 500g1c some crap car, the act44 and 30 days premium. The box code from steam, is not the same package deal, the weapons are temporary.

Dexd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12
Yes, the weapons you can pick and the ACT44 Last Stand are all permanent and still redeemable.

You can purchase more boxes if you like. Not trying to scare you out of it but there's no guarantee the offer will be around while it's shipping.

Also, as a little incentive to purchase, the newegg versions are Discontinued. So there's no telling if Amazon has a limited supply or not.

Edited by Dexd, 29 November 2012 - 08:24 PM.

DuhHeroo!

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12

View PostDexd, on 29 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Yes, the weapons you can pick and the ACT44 Last Stand are all permanent and still redeemable.

You can purchase more boxes if you like. Not trying to scare you out of it but there's no guarantee the offer will be around while it's shipping.

Also, as a little incentive to purchase, the newegg versions are Discontinued. So there's no telling if Amazon has a limited supply or not.
wa.... the offer might be gone :o... while its shipping... why could that be? ):
Posted Image

Mayson

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7458 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11

View PostDuhHeroo!, on 29 November 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

I should buy more? xD and the weapon had a limited time? and now its permanent?
Getting the permanent weapon with the pack was a limited time offer, but actually it never stopped and G1 made it official that the accountbound primary will always be part of the retail pack. I can't tell you if you should buy it, the RT weapons aren't great but they work. In my opinion the scout is the most useful of the four weapons, the other weapons have better Armas alternatives.

Don't buy the pack that is on Steam, it's not like the Retail one and doesn't have a permanent primary weapon as reward.
Emerald, more valuable than Copper and Aluminium, but at least the two latter are useful.

DuhHeroo!

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12

View PostMayson, on 29 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Getting the permanent weapon with the pack was a limited time offer, but actually it never stopped and G1 made it official that the accountbound primary will always be part of the retail pack. I can't tell you if you should buy it, the RT weapons aren't great but they work. In my opinion the scout is the most useful of the four weapons, the other weapons have better Armas alternatives.

Don't buy the pack that is on Steam, it's not like the Retail one and doesn't have a permanent primary weapon as reward.
Ohh ok thanks :D
b-b-but that elite.. said... the offer might be gone... while its shipping T_T... why doe ):
Posted Image

Dexd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12

View PostDuhHeroo!, on 29 November 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Ohh ok thanks :D
b-b-but that elite.. said... the offer might be gone... while its shipping T_T... why doe ):
I'm just saying, hope for the best but expect the worst.

There has been no hints that the permanent weapons will go away any time soon, but that's not to say it's being planned in the background.

Aside from all that, the only Permanent weapon out of the Retail Box I can recommend is the Scout RT1, any of the other boxes you purchase should be for the Premium and G1Credits since it's a much better value than buying premium straight from Armas.

DuhHeroo!

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12

View PostDexd, on 29 November 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

There has been no hints that the permanent weapons will go away any time soon, but that's not to say it's being planned in the background.

Aside from all that, the only Permanent weapon out of the Retail Box I can recommend is the Scout RT1, any of the other boxes you purchase should be for the Premium and G1Credits since it's a much better value than buying premium straight from Armas.
ohh.. I just hope they dont do any ninja stuff on these 6-10 days.... G1.. wait ):
Posted Image

Fluxy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 02-November 12
at least buy 4 so u can get the 4 different permanent guns. like a month ago newegg was selling the retail boxs for 5 bucks each with free shipping, lol i bought 8

DuhHeroo!

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12

View Postthexrager, on 29 November 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

at least buy 4 so u can get the 4 different permanent guns. like a month ago newegg was selling the retail boxs for 5 bucks each with free shipping, lol i bought 8
only had enough money on my prepaid card for 1 :P
Posted Image

Fluxy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 02-November 12

View PostDuhHeroo!, on 30 November 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

only had enough money on my prepaid card for 1 :P

no worries, 1 box is enough, the retail box is a way better deal the urban pack that steam tries to sell. i laugh at the steampunks

Redemptionx

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2170 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
You really only need one, the csg has terrible hitreg and will make you rage, the whisper has magpull3 which is only good if the servers hitreg is good, and you are a very accurate oca player. The scoped ntec... well... its a scoped ntec. I'd say get the whisper or the scout, 1-2 boxes should be more then enough.

Kimiko

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3202 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10

View PostDexd, on 29 November 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

G1 actually stated it was no longer a limited time offer, so any retail box code shouldn't have any problems getting a choice of RT1 weapons. With that in mind, though, I'd assume they've stopped producing them, and once they're out of stock you won't be able to get the RT1 weapons anymore, as the Steam pack is a different offer. Newegg lists an item as just plain out of stock when they'll be getting more copies, with it showing as discontinued that's not a good sign for it.

Posted Image

nate85

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 12-November 11
i have all 4 rt1 weapons. ill rate them as follows

1 scout
2 csg
3 whisper
4 ntec

the scout is great when you need a sniper cuz you can out shoot another scout or hvr most of the time.

csg is great and i use it often with no issues

whisper is also great and i feel it has longer range than the whisper pr1 or pr2. plus i can reload quicker than another whisper and usually win in the gun fight

the ntec i really dont care for but im still getting use to it since it can be out shot by many other guns. decent but not great
nate85 | Joker | Criminal ||||| nate22 | Joker | Enforcer
missy85 | Joker | Criminal ||||| misssy85 | Joker | Enforcer
Posted Image

Emcitement

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2020 posts
  • Joined 30-November 12
Any specific place you all recommend to buy the retail pack for the best price?
I figure as long as I don't lose interest in this game then the next time I want premium I'll get it.

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Dexd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12

View PostEmcitement, on 30 November 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Any specific place you all recommend to buy the retail pack for the best price?
I figure as long as I don't lose interest in this game then the next time I want premium I'll get it.
Amazon.com if you're in the US (I haven't actually bought any from them, used Newegg before they Discontinued), Iceberg-shop.com for Euro.

Emcitement

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2020 posts
  • Joined 30-November 12
cheaper than premium on its own lol.

There were a couple versions on there.
This one, right?
http://www.amazon.co...-1&keywords=apb

Edited by Emcitement, 30 November 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

Dexd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12

View PostEmcitement, on 30 November 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

cheaper than premium on its own lol.

There were a couple versions on there.
This one, right?
http://www.amazon.co...-1&keywords=apb
Yes, APB:Reloaded.

Emcitement

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2020 posts
  • Joined 30-November 12
While it isn't that important nor is the car any good (why on earth would they force steel plating on an already slow and weak car..), does anyone know which one comes in the retail box?

I watched a couple videos. Some had the new cross and some the ophelia.
I'm guessing it used to give the ophelia and they changed it to the new cross?

That'd explain why everyone has it

Edited by Emcitement, 01 December 2012 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image

Dexd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12

View PostEmcitement, on 01 December 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

While it isn't that important nor is the car any good (why on earth would they force steel plating on an already slow and weak car..), does anyone know which one comes in the retail box?

I watched a couple videos. Some had the new cross and some the ophelia.
I'm guessing it used to give the ophelia and they changed it to the new cross?

That'd explain why everyone has it
The Ophelia Cisco is for Enforcers, the New Cross Cisco is for Criminals.

DuhHeroo!

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12

View PostDexd, on 01 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

The Ophelia Cisco is for Enforcers, the New Cross Cisco is for Criminals.
Does it matter which one you buy from amazon? I just bought the one that was like 9 dollars :/, hope all of em comes with the code xD
Posted Image

Dexd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12

View PostDuhHeroo!, on 01 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Does it matter which one you buy from amazon? I just bought the one that was like 9 dollars :/, hope all of em comes with the code xD
As long as you buy APB:Reloaded, I think the old APB RTW box is still on Amazon.

There should be a sticker with the code on the inside of the cover, underneath the manual booklet.

DuhHeroo!

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12

View PostDexd, on 01 December 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

As long as you buy APB:Reloaded, I think the old APB RTW box is still on Amazon.

There should be a sticker with the code on the inside of the cover, underneath the manual booklet.
ouh, awrite, thank you ^_^
Posted Image

Dexd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12
Correct purchase.

Incorrect Purchase, DO NOT BUY.

DuhHeroo!

Grunt