20 replies to this topic

Deneghra

Deneghra

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 17-September 12
Ok, first of all let me say that I'm really not good at using computers.. But I hope that with your help I can make this work anyway :)

So I hate the optical trick that the cross hair makes, and I wanna change it.. I found a UI Mods that I would like to use..

Slate Red Dot

Can someone give me a good easy guide on how to change it and, if necessary, how to adjust it so that it works properly..

I play on 1920x1080 resolution if that makes a difference

Edited by Deneghra, 28 November 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Say what you will and call me a fool if you must.. You can in no way change that, in my opinion, the PvE is more important than the PvP part

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

Ok, first of all let me say that I'm really not good at using computers.. But I hope that with your help I can make this work anyway :)

So I hate the optical trick that the cross hair makes, and I wanna change it.. I found a UI Mods that I would like to use..

Slate Red Dot

Can someone give me a good easy guide on how to change it and, if necessary, how to adjust it so that it works properly..

I play on 1920x1080 resolution if that makes a difference

Do you mean how to install the UI ?

Deneghra

Deneghra

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 17-September 12
yes :)
Say what you will and call me a fool if you must.. You can in no way change that, in my opinion, the PvE is more important than the PvP part

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
copy the ui folder to ur skins folder. Make sure it is in its folder. So:
Fallen earth>skins>uifolder

Start up fallen earth. Go to interface and choose ur skin from the drop down box(should be the folder name u put it in). Center the crosshair with the ingame crosshair.

You can hide the crosshair in the interface menu.
Tiggs mad.

Deneghra

Deneghra

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 17-September 12
Ty for the help :)

Got it working just fine yesterday.. I uninstalled it after 2 min again tho.. I thought it just changed the crosshair, but a lot more changed too :)
Can you maybe upload en edited edition that ONLY changes crosshair?

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

Ty for the help :)

Got it working just fine yesterday.. I uninstalled it after 2 min again tho.. I thought it just changed the crosshair, but a lot more changed too :)
Can you maybe upload en edited edition that ONLY changes crosshair?

So far we need to change the vitals window to function as a crosshair.

There are other UI mods at this forum that change just the vitals bar for a crosshair and nothing else. Did you try them ?

Deneghra

Deneghra

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 17-September 12
no I haven't looked that much.. I just liked your red dot.. but I don't like that it changes map, inventory, skills and so on :)

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

no I haven't looked that much.. I just liked your red dot.. but I don't like that it changes map, inventory, skills and so on :)

Well I would still need to edit the vitals bar in order to make a red dot appear.
I could just edit the default skin and change only the vitals bar to look similar to what I have created in slate.

Let me know what you think. What area you prefer the health meter to be at and so on. I might give it a shot.

Deneghra

Deneghra

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 17-September 12
Posted Image

This picture :) the crosshair and vital bar is cool

any "changes" to the standard UI other than that is what saddens me :) to say it easy would be to say that any changes to the UI below his helmet is what I would like to be without

Edited by Deneghra, 29 November 2012 - 04:52 PM.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

This picture :) the crosshair and vital bar is cool

any "changes" to the standard UI other than that is what saddens me :) to say it easy would be to say that any changes to the UI below his helmet is what I would like to be without

Here's a "default interface" with minor changes to the statusbars + red dot
My link

Only disadvantage is you need to be in 'weapon' mode to click on stuff around the dot.

looks like :

Posted Image

Edited by RowdyRonny, 29 November 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Would be nice if they just updated the crosshair so people didn't need to make UI mods just for targeting.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Andrew Leslie

Andrew Leslie

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 17-October 11
I really want simple point in center of aim block. Only point, or small circle - no other changes to standart interface. All this modificated UIs not interrested for me because totally change view of default interface. I like this interface and don't want any changes here. If someone can create such stable croshair, many peoples will be gratefull, and i at first instance! : )

Edited by andrewleslie, 09 December 2012 - 08:49 AM.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

I really want simple point in center of aim block. Only point, or small circle - no other changes to standart interface. All this modificated UIs not interrested for me because totally change view of default interface. I like this interface and don't want any changes here. If someone can create such stable croshair, many peoples will be gratefull, and i at first instance! : )

It's not possible to change the crosshair itself, it's hardcoded and not in the 'skins' folder. As long as the devs don't make it modifiable we are not allowed to touch it.
Posted Image

Andrew Leslie

Andrew Leslie

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 17-October 11
I don't want change crosshair itself, just want little circle, cross, point or so in center of it. I mean - standard interface with no changes expect this minor thing. Really, it's only needfull thing what need to change in default interface.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

I don't want change crosshair itself, just want little circle, cross, point or so in center of it. I mean - standard interface with no changes expect this minor thing. Really, it's only needfull thing what need to change in default interface.

You can make a new chat tab, drag it out and minimize it and use it as a centerscreen marker. Then maybe you could recolor the window as transparent and change the right bottom into a red dot. I'd have to check what needs to be changed for that but that would be a non-crafting only UI :S
Posted Image

Big Fudge

Big Fudge

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 01-April 12
If you just want a dot in the center of the crosshair how about this. Its easy to set up. If you don't need it just minimize the tab. You do have to set up the center mark every time you log back on. Take a look at the picture. You can figure it out. I used the "+" symbol. The lower case "o" works too.

Regards

Posted Image

Edited by Big Fudge, 10 December 2012 - 12:39 PM.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Posted Image
Try a whiteboard marker. I use a red one. Cant believe how many people overlook the almighty whiteboard marker.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Andrew Leslie

Andrew Leslie

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 17-October 11
Big Fudge, the "local" inscription looks horrible. and frameworks looks the same. There no problem at all to any men, who able to work with graphic. I can't, i'm writer, not painter. But in all appearance, it hopeless to ask somebody make this simple dot. "Too easy", no fantasy flight. But i say again - such dot will be very, very usefull to most players. Unlike most of this "new improved and very cool" UIs.

Edited by andrewleslie, 11 December 2012 - 06:47 AM.

Exiled Odd

Exiled Odd

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11
In order to add crosshair you have to modify one of existing pieces of interface. You can't just replace standard crosshair, you can only change colors. That's why people take usually HP bars, modify graphic files to add custom crosshair and move the element till added pixel match center of the screen.
Part of that Power, not understood,
Which always wills the Bad, and always works the Good.

PlasticGear

PlasticGear

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
Something else you can do, especially if you only need one skill bar:

Take your second skill bar, set it to 2x2 grid, lower/raise transparencies and borders to your liking, then drag that to the center of your screen.

I see that you can't quite understand that 'just making a dot' isn't as easy as you think it is; If some one 'just made a dot' and kept the standard UI, you wouldn't be able to click on anything on a quarter of your screen because the skin would take up that much extra space even though it is transparent.

So, I leave this here, but it may be against the game's TOS/EULA/whatever legalese. Also, it is highly likely to be some form of malware.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=reddotprogram

Your mileage may vary with that program. I tried it and it would not respond to the keyboard shortcuts, or it would randomly start blinking and changing size. But it worked ok on a different computer.

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11
Do you think they made the crosshairs hard coded so as to avoid any possible Aimbots? Just a thought. I'll play around with these different ideas because I would also like a dot or some sort or whatever so I can know exactly where is the middle of the crosshairs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users