• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dukedase

Dukedase

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
I'm trying to get my friend to play APB with me and every time he starts the launcher weather on steam or Gamersfirst live it just doesn't open, instead it just opens "Apb launcher 596999 has stopped working" ... he's reinstalled, done EVERYTHING and it will not start... please help!

Dukedase

Dukedase

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
Wish someone would help, this is the third time we've posted this!!!!!!!!!!

Androvald

Androvald

Elite

• Reloaded Administrators
  • 1166 posts
  • Joined 04-October 11
Might want to ensure that .NET Framework 2.0 is installed properly on his machine, and he running the launcher as Administrator.

If that's not it, I would need to see the Launcher.log
Posted Image
Handy Links: Support - Blog - Twitter - Facebook - Admin Tracker*
Do not send me unsolicited support PMs. Thanks.
* Admin tracker maintained by community member. No official admin tracker available.

Dukedase

Dukedase

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
He's done all of that... and would it show up on the log, the launcher doesn't apear, right when he starts it, it just says "APB Launcher 5296999 has stopped working" (not 100% on that number) ... when he starts the game in the binary it works, but it's the wrong patch.

Androvald

Androvald

Elite

• 1166 posts
  • Joined 04-October 11
Yes, generally any crash of the launcher should generate a launcher.log, if that's not the case, your best bet would be to reinstall windows ^^ Note that we currently only support Windows XP (SP3+), Vista (SP1+), 7 (SP1+) and 8.
Posted Image
* Admin tracker maintained by community member. No official admin tracker available.

Dukedase

Dukedase

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
Ok we just tried, he doesn't have a folder called "Launcher.log" ... he's looked in all his folders.

Darktroopz

Darktroopz

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 29-November 12

Yes, generally any crash of the launcher should generate a launcher.log, if that's not the case, your best bet would be to reinstall windows ^^ Note that we currently only support Windows XP (SP3+), Vista (SP1+), 7 (SP1+) and 8.

I am the guy with the error from the op. Interesting as to have seen that in the Gamersfirst installation, Windows vista service pack 1 was marked red as something that would not be compatible with the game. I ignored it but its the only clue i have come by.. and while through constant digging through other posts on the subject, I've noticed that everyone who has the error in general is Windows 7 service pack 1. The setup giving me that error and the other people just so happen to have windows 7 sp1 as well leads to the conclusion as this game is not compatible with windows 7 sp1 or atleast some update they released. I know this error hasn'
t happened to everyone with it but some update must be the cause, maybe not of the game but from the windows developer.

Btw - after investigating the windows 7 updates, they just announced recently that they will not be making a service pack 2 for windows 7 because they have high hopes for windows 8 and want everyone to upgrade. (In my own opinion, windows 8 looks dumb.)

Edit - Note that I am currently using steam version of APB and the apbcorner.com for manual patching doesn't work.

Edited by Darktroopz, 29 November 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Check out my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.c...xX?feature=mhee

Androvald

Androvald

Elite

• 1166 posts
  • Joined 04-October 11
Oh, I mean Vista SP2+... Been running 7 for a long time now.

I am personally running and developing the game on Windows 7 SP1, so it not being supported that strikes me as kind of an odd statement. Could you look at the Windows Event Viewer to see if that says anything more detailed? Also, can you double-check that the following files exist in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727:

• mscorlib.dll
  • System.dll
  • System.Drawing.dll
  • System.Windows.Forms.dll

(There's probably more that are needed, but I'm at home now and don't have the exact details)

Also, we don't support the manual patcher from that web-site either, just the original launcher.
Posted Image

Darktroopz

Darktroopz

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 29-November 12
I did try everything as you asked and i do have the required files, but my windows event viewer is having some sort of error. The error is that "MMC could not create the snap-in". To be honest about this whole thing, we are about to upgrade to windows 8 next week but i want to get this fixed for all the people who have this problem and the only way i can do that, is while i have it.
Check out my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.c...xX?feature=mhee

Bomberry

Bomberry

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 06-April 12

I did try everything as you asked and i do have the required files, but my windows event viewer is having some sort of error. The error is that "MMC could not create the snap-in". To be honest about this whole thing, we are about to upgrade to windows 8 next week but i want to get this fixed for all the people who have this problem and the only way i can do that, is while i have it.

I'm having this problem too. The launcher appears to be dead and won't update/activate the start button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users