Photo

Game performance solution if you suddenly expecrience inconsistent shocking!

* * * * * 18 votes

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Loll1pop

Loll1pop

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11

i have the familiar problem

playing APB around 30 min then PC lock up and wierd sounds comes out , need hard reboot

it would be great if i fix this issue without buy new sound card.

disable CUDA in the Nvidia driver set, update ur sound driver.
Reinstall game.
Cuz u know that u can send the results of the test dxdiag to support and describe ur problem.

But more ppl complainin about Realtek sounds cards, if all that fails, buy cheapest external sound card (10-20$)

Edited by Loll1pop, 13 April 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Gamersfirst Moderators delete posts? I'm used to...
Posted Image
Patriot EU2 | Loll1pop | Wall of hate | PM me to order Theme or click here | Youtube channel

The Rogue Wolf

The Rogue Wolf

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2292 posts
  • Joined 17-January 11
I can only report from a preliminary run around Social, but this seems to have finished off the microstutters and hitching I've been having for pretty much the entire time I've been playing APB:R. So thanks for that!

I'll try to remember to check in later if/when I do some cruising around one of the action districts.

This is an authentic Rogue Wolf post. Collect the whole set! New to the game? Look here. Why not watch my videos too?

Posted Image

I have to reform the Ninja Empire. That is why I took away the Golden Ninja Warrior.

Moebius

Moebius

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-April 13
Strangely enough I did all the fixes you listed in the exact order and my shocking is twice as bad. But to be honest it probably doesn't have much to do with the fixes as much is it does have to do with how crummy my system is. I am running an old computer as I cannot afford to build a new one yet :-(. It probably also doesn't help that my Windows 7 refuses to update and I have done everything imaginable to try and remedy that.

Edited by Moebius, 19 April 2013 - 02:45 PM.

ShooDanieru

ShooDanieru

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 24-December 12
Could it solve the problem that my pc freezes(need to hard reboot) every 30-40min playing APB?

junaidar

junaidar

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13
I have a problem when i spawn in any district after 1 min my client down to 9.21 fps. Even i tried your toturial but it didn't work......i don't know what to do?

Skullkin™

Skullkin™

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 12-January 12

I have a problem when i spawn in any district after 1 min my client down to 9.21 fps. Even i tried your toturial but it didn't work......i don't know what to do?

What are your specs? When is the last time you did a full reformat and fresh installation of Windows? Are all yours drivers up to date; chipset/motherboard, graphics?

SKULLKIN (R229 Enforcer, Citadel)
PRECIOUS (R255 Criminal, Citadel)
RAISIN (R215 Enforcer, Citadel)

Confusedracoon

Confusedracoon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Joined 14-June 11
Trying this Right now. got a few hundred Gb to un-index and 2/3 hard drives. should be a fun few hours =D. Will also turn off this search thing If I can be 'behinded'

Will update when its done.

Did it all.

tested in the anarchy districts.. seems fine =D laggy but fine.

Edited by Confusedracoon, 30 May 2013 - 11:58 AM.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Duct tape.

Thats your opinion. You sounds like an idiot, who knows only shotgun. Coward, nothing else.

iBoldimore

iBoldimore

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
Hi, I love that guide and I will share it ;)
My problem: I had the problem that after playing APB for a long time, the screen would turn black(or stuck) and after it comes back the FPS would drop to 30.
I thought that the problem is in my graphic card, but after reading your post I realized that my R/W speed of the HD rapidly falls down after such a black screen(from 80-90 MB/s to like 30 MB/s or even lower). After knowing that fact I knew it's because of my HD overheating, it protects itself with lowering the R/W speed.

I have decided to help you with making that guide more precise, so here is the version you can use to edit your post.
Will test it in a few minutes and then post feedback, thank you again for this.

1. Disable the index options of the HD:
Go to windows explorer, right click on the HD and click "properties". In the properties deselect the option saying "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"(it's at the bottom).
If an error appears saying "An error occurred applying attributes to the file:", just press "Ignore All"
Do this for all HD's in use. Note that this may take a while, depending on the size of the HD.

2. Then disable the Windows Search service:
Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESCAPE(Windows Task Manager will pop up). Go to the "Services" tab and press the "Services" button in the lower right corner.
Then search for the "Windows Search" service, right click it and select "Properties". In the "General" tab look for the "Startup type:" and change it to "Disabled". This way you prevent the service from restarting
Now restart you PC.

3. I also recommend deleting the used file "windows.edb" in the root "ProgramData" folder:
Press the windows key(start menu) and type in "%programdata%".
The file should be there. If it's not, just leave it.

Posted Image

iBoldimore

iBoldimore

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
Okay so I did all of it except the windows.edb(I couldn't find it).
NOTE: I tested the fix the whole time.
The Read/Write(R/W) speed increased from 80-90 MB/s to 95-115 MB/s.
I do experienced a little more lag the first 5-10 minutes of playing, but afterwards it was cool and nice, no black screen and FPS drops to 30 FPS.
I didn't notice that my FPS was higher than before, but I can't tell because I never kept record of my average FPS.
I tested this on my other PC with R/W speed of 30-40 MB/s, it increased to 40-50 MB/s.
The lag did go away, as far as I could notice(at least for the most part its gone).
The conclusion is: This fix DO works, but you CAN NOT expect that it fixes all your problems with APB:R

Edited by Boldimoreee, 01 June 2013 - 12:14 PM.

Posted Image

iBoldimore

iBoldimore

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
So after testing a few more days, the problem with the black screen and FPS drop to 30 is not solved...
I did check the R/W speed of the HD after the FPS drop, but it was still about 100 MB/s, so it is not a problem with the HD but most probably the compatibility of APB:R with my graphic card(GT 240 - 1GB Memory).

Posted Image

WyronZ

WyronZ

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
Hi ,thanks for sharing this. But here is my question. I downloaded my apb folder in HD 'D' and not in 'C' because i thought it might run better for fps so it has more virtual memory and stuff because i almost don't use my D hard disk. Do i have to do all this steps you told except for my HD D then in fact of C?

Thanks in advance

iBoldimore

iBoldimore

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

Hi ,thanks for sharing this. But here is my question. I downloaded my apb folder in HD 'D' and not in 'C' because i thought it might run better for fps so it has more virtual memory and stuff because i almost don't use my D hard disk. Do i have to do all this steps you told except for my HD D then in fact of C?

Thanks in advance

I will try to help you as much as I can, even though your english is barely understandable :D.

I guess your "C" & "D" partitions are on the same HD. You don't get better FPS when putting APB on D disk instead of C. You don't have 2 virtual memories, you got only one. The amount of virtual memory is some space on your HD used as RAM(but much slower). Yes, I recommend it to do this guide on both partitions, "C" & "D".

Posted Image

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12
Actually a good thing to do in general for anything this, worked out great for me! Also, if it still doesn't fix just get an SSD, that way you won't have the problem because the read/write ability is usually 500x+ faster.

Posted Image

Show off your IRL weapons! - Click

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

iBoldimore

iBoldimore

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

Actually a good thing to do in general for anything this, worked out great for me! Also, if it still doesn't fix just get an SSD, that way you won't have the problem because the read/write ability is usually 500x+ faster.

Yes, I asked a few people around. They told me that its 450MB/s normaly, mine currently has ~100MB/s. But it's much more expensive. Example for my country(Croatia):

WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 3 : 464 Kn ~ 83 USD
WD Green™ 2TB SATA 3 : 689 Kn ~ 123 USD
WD Black™ 2TB Sata 3 : 1149 Kn ~ 205 USD

SSD disk ADATA 120GB, S510, 2.5" SATA : 679 Kn ~ 121 USD
SSD SAM 500GB 840 Series Basic : 2707 Kn ~ 484 USD

For me are those disks currently not "needed"(of course they are needed, but I want to get a new GFX), so I will stick to the large capacity storage's.

Posted Image

Faithspeed

Faithspeed

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Joined 07-October 11
<3 you

Carepolice

Carepolice

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 21-June 13
Helped my lag out some but for whatever reason it's still pretty bad, also the only thing I couldn't find was step-1 (somehow)

Edited by Carepolice, 21 June 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Murderdoll

Murderdoll

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 27-May 11
Hey OP

I can confirm this works/ improves but i tought il make a post sinds your 3th step is hard to understand. Or just simple put not working.

You posted:

3. I also recommend deleting the used file "windows.edb" in the root "Program Data" folder. (After showing "hidden files" in folder options, this will be available), as it is not needed anymore.

To do this, you will need to go to "Control Panel" and then select "Appearance and Themes".

Then in the "Folder options" menu hit the "Show hidden files" button and another pop up will appear.

Then scroll down in the dialogue menu to "Hidden Files and Folders" and select "Show hidden Files, folders and Drives".

You ask to search for this file, and trust me i understand the basics of getting hidden files to show, but you dont give any clue where to find this file exept for " Program Data'' Folder.

So i cant do this because there is no such folder, or its named differently either way could you be more specific on where to find this file??

MelloBE

MelloBE

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 23-June 13
Ok,

Thanks for this,

Im' trying this now since when i began to play, i experienced some shocking, and my whole Game & Laptop freezes when i'm logged in for 1 hour to 1 hour and a half.

This is annoying because i never had this before with any game.

I tried some of the things you also did, changing my graphics didn't help, changing my garphics card settings themself didn't help, defragging the game folder itself didn't help. Litterly nothing.

I hope this solution help me.

Specterm

Specterm

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11
I also have major stuttering and display freezes. My dayz runs flawlessly on my

i7 2600k stock at 3.4ghz, 12gb DDR3, 500gb seagate drive, windows 7 64bit, evga GTX560

I tried steps 1 and 2, could not complete step 3 as other posters have posted.

Changes. moderately better freezing. I do like APB, but cant play like this any longer. I let my premium expire and have no intentions of renewing as this game is now un playable.

I am willing to pay for a known fix. Should I buy an SSD? New video card? I think I have a decent pc. Would love to fix the problem

iBoldimore

iBoldimore

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

I also have major stuttering and display freezes. My dayz runs flawlessly on my

i7 2600k stock at 3.4ghz, 12gb DDR3, 500gb seagate drive, windows 7 64bit, evga GTX560

I tried steps 1 and 2, could not complete step 3 as other posters have posted.

Changes. moderately better freezing. I do like APB, but cant play like this any longer. I let my premium expire and have no intentions of renewing as this game is now un playable.

I am willing to pay for a known fix. Should I buy an SSD? New video card? I think I have a decent pc. Would love to fix the problem

Yes, I have asked a few people around and those who are playing at above average(means no freezes-even if for less than a second) are using SSD's, and they recommend using SSD's for APB. The video card seems okay ^^.

Posted Image

ELeMeHT

ELeMeHT

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 02-November 11
Thank you I also helped my game slowed down a little bit^^Posted Image

☯ノんԾア乇

☯ノんԾア乇

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1824 posts
  • Joined 30-May 12

Works perfectly !

Thank you

- <3 -

. . .

SikFiction

SikFiction

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-August 13
2 problems with this that i ran into.

1: when u say with the windows explorer right click on HD. all i could find was just to go into windows explorer and i think i disabled that indexing thing or w.e but idk where im supposed to find these HDs?

2: showed all hidden files and did multiple searches and still cant find windows.edb anywhere

Seedy

Seedy

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11
read most of it.. dosnt this only work though with a HDD and NOT and SDD#?

Seedy

Seedy

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11
just done this and made no difference to my system

i have
i5
16 gig ddr3
gtx 680 4gig using 2 monitors
ssd 128 gig
asus mobo
windows 7

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8596 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

DRIVERS

Posted Image

Edited by Queen of love, 04 September 2013 - 11:05 AM.

MisterSex

MisterSex

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13
Nice post, Good job.

FeelmyWrath

FeelmyWrath

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 23-November 13
i didnt understand what HD is -_- how can i turn it off where can i find it i use windows 8 laptop pls help me im having this problem

FeelmyWrath

FeelmyWrath

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 23-November 13
i got it all figured you are the boss its back to 50 fps again!! thank you very much

KachoShinyaArino

KachoShinyaArino

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1558 posts
  • Joined 01-May 11
Dunno, seems very extraneous just to get a very tiny amount of FPS.

I 100% don't feel safe digging around in such a vital area (especially mucking about with my HDs in that way), just to get a tiny performance boost in a game that requires this of its players to do this sort of thing just to run properly.

Also if your HD is overheating it sounds like its in bad need of a dusting. Mine run at about 30-32C which is akin to a summer day here, I hardly call that "overheating" and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't throttle themselves till about 50C (which is about 114F).

Hell, next to your motherboard, the HDs should be the coolest parts of your computer under load.

Edited by Kacho Seiyo Arino, 05 April 2014 - 05:52 AM.

Posted Image

LynxRV

LynxRV

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 28-October 13
Thank you so much!!
Now my gameplay in Waterfront seems very smooooth :witch00:
But despite that im still getting fps drops (sometimes even 15-30s) in Financial district.

Using Lenovo Y580 (Win 8.1 64bit) +SSD.

*edit* after a few days waterfront got laggy too :( The highest probability of getting fps drop is when I'm travelling long distances through the city.

This is for people who don't know what HD is or can't find it:
Spoiler

Edited by LynxRV, 10 April 2014 - 12:23 PM.

ZwgeOpk.png
3JzUG3u.png
Get low - no matter how

J.B.

J.B.

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Joined 22-January 13
trying right now. will post l8er if works
still having the probs. thx anyways

Edited by Jules W., 24 April 2014 - 08:23 AM.

Gold Rush Event - biggest bullshoot event ever!
520 and more missions vs gold, including score, 14-16 hours online every day...
8.000 g1 credits delivered by gamers?first

Mod Squad

Mod Squad

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09
Can someone change this title, "inconsistent shocking" isn't exactly a good description for fps stuttering.

If shocking is what you experience, stop putting your fingers in the electrical socket.

Jericho : MrFappyPenguin | TokenPotHeadRickRitalin | MrsHappyPenguin
Bubblenut | AbbyAdderal | NubileBut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | luberness
Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy #NotEnoughCharacterSlots

DiBBz

DiBBz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1792 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

okey il give this a try when i get home

i run the game..... ehh okey id say however i need the help of advanced launcher and i notice when im in crowded districts i do encounter FPS stuttering and freezing that locks my  PC for around a second or more depending 

il re-edit my post when i get results 

:EDIT1: nope nothing has changed played a bit of FC and still getting annoying FPS drops and stuttering still 

Edited by DiBBz, 06 March 2015 - 09:28 AM.

okxVY9k.png

^Click Image For Full-Resolution^ - Closed beta Tester [June 14th 2011] | DeviantArt | Youtube

Characters = DiBBz - Enforcer - [R239] (Citadel) / MissRukia - Criminal - [R61] (Citadel) 

DareDevilDKK

DareDevilDKK

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12

just wanted to say thx it work for me

MikriMouse

MikriMouse

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 11-December 12

same

Retired

Not just a guild...but a gaming community
MikriMouse, Leader of Retired

Meekiox

Meekiox

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 28-September 12

Such an old fix and first time trying it out here. Helped out my random fps drop spikes. Thanks dude... Was skeptical but it seriously did the trick. Now I can finally play at 100fps solid no drops with my 970 and ssd

Joker NA East:
Crim: 255 Meekio & NoDoubt
Enforcer: Sinstraviki Tigerspaz Kimberiy Laizah

ZKP

ZKP

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 10-May 15

I only noticed an impact after I switched to 16:9 border-less with the advanced launcher. Since I use a laptop for pretty much anything I can't really complain about stuttering. I have always lagged in full servers, but this has actually reduced the random freezes I get when fighting more than one opponent or OSMAW / OPGL spammers. Finially I can use my PMG again! :D

This may be off topic and just my own problem but with this applied I notice a significant stuttering at lower resolutions in full screen mode. It might just be the way my computer renders everything, I usually do better when there is a full screen border-less option.

tApJpyS.png

w a r f a r e | a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t | p r o t e c t i o n i n c

IZackI | Jericho NA Division

Meekiox

Meekiox

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 28-September 12

That's interesting. Usually it's the otherway around. Full screen allows the graphics chip to give it's full attention to the game then. Borderless it might be a bit more seamless for you since you may actually be running graphics directly from your processor if it's not a gaming laptop. 

Joker NA East:
Crim: 255 Meekio & NoDoubt
Enforcer: Sinstraviki Tigerspaz Kimberiy Laizah

JebacSvetova

JebacSvetova

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 11-September 15

This is why gaming on a pc is a joke. The time you fix everything and manage to moderately play anything you get cancer and die. pc gaming, much fun, much wow

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users