Photo

Game performance solution if you suddenly expecrience inconsistent shocking!

* * * * * 18 votes

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Fatal1ty Pixels

Fatal1ty Pixels

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2140 posts
  • Joined 31-August 11

My gameplay is very choppy. This solution does not fix it :-( any other suggestions? I have a high end gaming pc running other games perfectly.

You are not the only one, have the same problem. There's allways somthing wrong in this game

Proadox

Proadox

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
Oh, I forgot to reply back to this thread. :P

Turns out my choppy gameplay hasn't changed, but I did notice a slight increase on my FPS. Still need to try Financial, because I've been playing on Waterfront only since v10.

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8405 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

Trying this now sinse wf is terrible for me

It works :D Gave me less lag and stuttering along with 2-8 more fps

Edited by Noob_Guardian, 01 December 2012 - 02:44 PM.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

MistahE

MistahE

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 14-December 11
Well... it seems like the problem hasn't resolved, even tho it is better then before, after a little while multiple APB asset files start hoggin my HD again... stuttering enough to make it unplayable, as it really breaks down in tight situations, where you need a steady flow... I give up for now and play some other games, that don't have this problem.

Sorry guys, I wish I could do more for you's, but no matter what I try, it seems the problem lies in the core of the game.

Flowright

Flowright

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 17-December 11
I have been getting FPS stuttering problems since the beta...

I really hope they fix this soon. My PC is way over the recommended build.. and i get very high FPS playing at the highest setting. It's just every... minute or so.. the game just freezes up for 5 seconds or so. It's not even a FPS drop. The FPS stays at a constant green level.

EyeMaze

EyeMaze

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 27-December 12
Is it going to improve speed of loading textures?

Loll1pop

Loll1pop

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11

Is it going to improve speed of loading textures?

no, just speeds up the disk system. slightly...
Gamersfirst Moderators delete posts? I'm used to...
Posted Image
Patriot EU2 | Loll1pop | Wall of hate | PM me to order Theme or click here | Youtube channel

handwasher

handwasher

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 07-February 12
if it isn't windows indexing service and it isn't windows defragmenter and it isn't antvirus apps scanning it might be...

superfetch, try disabling it, it could help!

it seems to have helped a little, but most of hiccups are when the server fps take a hit. :computersmash:

:badcomputer:

Explanation: (please read me)
Spoiler

You can make a new text file on your desktop and rename it to the following: (please replace .txt appendage with .reg)

(Using registry tweaks is preferable to disabling the service completely.)

DisableSuperfetchOnPrograms.reg
Spoiler

Want to re-enable normal superfetching behavior?

EnableSuperfetchOnEverything.reg
Spoiler

Want to completely disable superfetching? (not recomended)

DisableSuperfetching.reg
Spoiler

To use any of these, you must double click them and click yes to apply, then restart your PC.

tl;dr? guess you missed out on something that might help you. :MadTongue:

(Sorry G1 if some how posting registry tweaks for windows violates any part of your forum TOS) :notworthy:

Edited by handwasher, 30 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.

2czobd0.jpg
USPSyle's Advanced APB Launcher [Makes config editing easy!]

(The launcher does NOT modify shaders in any way.)

Toni

Toni

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 03-January 12

Well... it seems like the problem hasn't resolved, even tho it is better then before, after a little while multiple APB asset files start hoggin my HD again... stuttering enough to make it unplayable, as it really breaks down in tight situations, where you need a steady flow... I give up for now and play some other games, that don't have this problem.

Sorry guys, I wish I could do more for you's, but no matter what I try, it seems the problem lies in the core of the game.

Great job!! I dont like to touch the computer too much, and also i dont like to disable the index option.

You can tell me if you ave use the "SG TCP Optimizer"? with that program we can have a better internet conecction for web, but can give us lag on apb.

I will make a post.. trying to improve game fps... but its hard because i speak spanish. i will use google translate.

Thanks.

Edited by Tonink, 30 December 2012 - 04:40 PM.

1fn65hT.jpg
Secret Agent Tonink, the special Troll.

BetaAlanine

BetaAlanine

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08
Anyone here who can tell me what to do in german i am a really bad in it but if its in english i am totally useless XD

Flowright

Flowright

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 17-December 11

if it isn't windows indexing service and it isn't windows defragmenter and it isn't antvirus apps scanning it might be...

superfetch, try disabling it, it could help!

it seems to have helped a little, but most of hiccups are when the server fps take a hit. :computersmash:

:badcomputer:

Explanation: (please read me)

Spoiler

You can make a new text file on your desktop and rename it to the following: (please replace .txt appendage with .reg)

(Using registry tweaks is preferable to disabling the service completely.)

DisableSuperfetchOnPrograms.reg
Spoiler

Want to re-enable normal superfetching behavior?

EnableSuperfetchOnEverything.reg
Spoiler

Want to completely disable superfetching? (not recomended)

DisableSuperfetching.reg
Spoiler

To use any of these, you must double click them and click yes to apply, then restart your PC.

tl;dr? guess you missed out on something that might help you. :MadTongue:

(Sorry G1 if some how posting registry tweaks for windows violates any part of your forum TOS) :notworthy:

I get an error when i do this. "cannot import file is not a registry script. you can only import binary scripts."

handwasher

handwasher

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 07-February 12

I get an error when i do this. "cannot import file is not a registry script. you can only import binary scripts."

wat? you did something wrong, make sure you copy and paste separately and name the files to something.reg and put each snip into separate files, I can explained it as best I can. I should mention that superfetch only applys to vista or 7 or 8 as xp only has prefetch.

Edited by handwasher, 04 January 2013 - 09:13 AM.

2czobd0.jpg
USPSyle's Advanced APB Launcher [Makes config editing easy!]

(The launcher does NOT modify shaders in any way.)

Flowright

Flowright

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 17-December 11

wat? you did something wrong, make sure you copy and paste separately and name the files to something.reg and put each snip into separate files, I can explained it as best I can. I should mention that superfetch only applys to vista or 7 or 8 as xp only has prefetch.

I did it as you said. I copied
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters]
"EnableSuperfetch"=dword:00000002

Into a new text file i made on my desktop. Changed it into a registry file. But when i double click on it it gives me that error.

Anyone who did this "fix" see any improvements? Anyone know if they're even working on fixing this problem? My computer is suppose to be able to play this game on max settings. But i can't play due to this inconsistent performance the game gives me. It doesn't change even if i change the settings from low to max. It's the same. I get constant freezing.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18144 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12
Well interesting addition, normally i do know that but I haven't done that on my new system, since its a small one time event ^^

But people underestimate HDD Speed when buying HDD's they often only look for the data size.
Well a flashdrive would be awesome for apb ^^

So when your HDD is too slow, you still will have some shockings by the system waiting for writing/reading tasks.

@ the bad m*therf*cker

we do this today when im at home, and ts about it.

Edited by LilyV3, 07 January 2013 - 09:43 AM.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Flowright

Flowright

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 17-December 11

Well interesting addition, normally i do know that but I haven't done that on my new system, since its a small one time event ^^

But people underestimate HDD Speed when buying HDD's they often only look for the data size.
Well a flashdrive would be awesome for apb ^^

So when your HDD is too slow, you still will have some shockings by the system waiting for writing/reading tasks.

@ the bad m*therf*cker

we do this today when im at home, and ts about it.

So should i put my APB install on a external harddrive.. and play it from that?

jersey1337

jersey1337

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Thank You soooooooooo much MistahE!!!! I've recently started experiencing this like 3 days ago. Made me really aggravated because of the constant spikes. With this info, I followed your clear instructions and now APB plays like a charm again!! Again, Thank YOU so much! :lol:

7Thug7Life7

7Thug7Life7

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 09-January 13
i did all this, and it Worked Some what, lag is Slightly Gone...
cannot find 'windows.edb' Yes i am Showing all hidden folders and Files
Followed all your Steps Thoroughly...
Search is Disabled and all that except i cannot find windows.edb

NOTE: I Recently got Windows 7 64 bit Two weeks ago, being as i previously had xp and my Old O/S & hard drive is Completely messed up
so i got a New Hard Drive and Installed Windows 7. a Fresh Clean Operating System.

so i know for a FACT it is not my System that is causing the lag (Being as i am able to run other games in Ultra Quality with no Problems) yet APB Lags Hard
Especially when i'm in Social district, or a full District...
so after following your steps and disabling search. it is Mostly gone, Yet there is still some Lags, Spikes, Freezers Often.

want them Completely gone, to the point were its not noticeable or even there.

Another thing i should mention while on this topic is,
the fact that A P B Crashes so Frequently!!! *SO ANNOYING!
Repairing & or reinstalling doesn't help much.

For Example, if i use Video Capture, the game will Crash after a certain amount of time ( i don't know how much it is Random)
and if i activate it... then Deactivate it, the game Will Crash A few momments after that

it also crashes alot when Switching districts. not often but it happens and it is annoying Because
if i try to Relaunch the game again nothing happens... nothing... so i have to restart my Computer just so it will Launch again.

Thanks for your Solution it helped the main problem

Appreciate Feed Back into helping me solve these issues.
Thanks have a nice day.

Edited by 7Thug7Life7, 09 January 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Aamonn

Aamonn

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 07-January 13
Let's face it...
APB really sux when it comes to animations..
Uses a lot of vram only to render a poor quality explosion for example..
Take Black Ops 2 for example when it comes to explosions..
It is FAR more better than this crap..
And it doesn't kill your comp even if you play online Same bullshiiit (now you're going to say .. nah you're wrong ) .. No shiiit?
Don't get me wrong..
It's just poorly made
They could at least make a compressed client .. so that people with (
shiity pc thats what a fanboy is telling you ) i3 cpu or a i5 with a 512-1gb vram card or 4gb -6 gb ram dd3
-Poorly optimized..
- Resource hog.. (get to the core of the game.. the graphic engine is not that complicated for your video card or your cpu )
2nd.. They are not using fog so that the far textures get processed later..
The fudge man ? You can't even see that far..but it is killing your cpu so that it can render 800meter away from you ..And remeber YOU can hit ppl that far..
Nah I'm joking you just can't .. so the conclusion is .. useless right ?
What would you expect?
And if it can render that far what for ? You can barely see a small dot even if you have a big screen... it just doesn't help you
I don't mean to have it built in so that you can't change it
But at least we could have more graphical options
Not everyone can afford i7 extreme with 30 gb ram and the fastest hdd and a decent 2gb video card.. Decent right ?

Hah and I love how ppl try to get better computers and even so they still freeze like heellll HAHAHAHa..
Lame
This is just wrong...
Take it as an oppinion
Just think about it:)

Edited by Aamonn, 15 January 2013 - 02:00 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8455 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Posted Image
look carrot....buy more. trust and obey,.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8455 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

SET THIS in boot.ini
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect/userva=2560
IT WORKS!!!
mem counter become red also at 1950MB but APBr DONT CRASH!

yeahhhhh ^_^Posted Image
xp32bit ,4gb ram

the only stupid problem is that if u exit from apb u must restart PC.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8455 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

i still dont understand a thing.
why counter memory got several change like 1560 to 1720 in 1 sec, or decrease like 1890 to 1610?
is normal this heavy jump of busy memory? (in play or social is the same)

DC UNIVERSE uses Unreal engine too..... like APBR...but....
NO ONE CRASH! (playing at MAX resolution and for HOURS in different days, maybe is thank to SUperman?)
WHY APBR is so complicated!!?!?!?!?!?' IS MY FAVOURITE GAME!!!!
Ehm....3gb switch works fine...but ...but....
APBR crashes again!!! for luck ,without the PC..so i can avoid to restart by pressing on/off button....
how many Memory REALLY needs APB for play??? i see some screenshot with 2567MB or 2515MB on /FPS !!!
EHYY!!! Are u kidding me?? how this can be possible with old APB version if Windows XP can uses only 2GB!!!!
Posted Image"Oh NO! another APB patch!"
"Be Quiet, now i got an invincible OS!"
(..........)
Posted Image"maybe pc needs another driver..."

An upgrade that increases the busy memory is like build a racecar over the bones of a simply, and nice, and affidable, little 4x4 drive.
Cant we do anything to help G1? report diax.file or bug seems is not enough...

Update: the only choice is upgrade to OS 64b.
i got WIN8pro and No one problem ^_^
With 32b the problem of OOM or general protection fault are impossible to solve.
Cause APBR launch start, then run (also well), but at random time, also if you open an inventory or shot a grenade, APBR search where place his data, if u got a 32b, simply the APBR dont FIND anything cause WIN32b dont give it nothing more than 2GB. Then it close itself ,just a bit extreme solution, i think a better selection of parameters could give off memory until less than 2GB. So also 32b could be playable.
i tried to see the max memory required for APBR, and it requires max 2.67GB at maximum of settings in a explosion with 4 car and 7 characters died, maybe is a stupid experiment, but better than nothing ^_^

Edited by Queen of love, 30 January 2013 - 12:40 AM.

ecode

ecode

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 01-January 12
Thanks a bunch, really appreciate your effort on making this post.
Posted ImagePosted Image

TheFatBlackMan

TheFatBlackMan

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
Trying this now, how this works!!! already playing at 100+fps but i get this really random lagg and not sure what it is, have /fps turned on at all times and when it happens my fps is 100+ and ms is 60-100 its really weird and pissing me off T_T windows 7 ultimate x64

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8455 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Update: the only choice is upgrade to OS 64b.
i got WIN8pro and No one problem
With 32b the problem of OOM or general protection fault are impossible to solve.
Cause APBR launch start, then run (also well), but at random time, also if you open an inventory or shot a grenade, APBR search where place his data, if u got a 32b, simply the APBR dont FIND anything cause WIN32b dont give it nothing more than 2GB. Then it close itself ,just a bit extreme solution, i think a better selection of parameters could give off memory until less than 2GB. So also 32b could be playable.
i tried to see the max memory required for APBR, and it requires max 2.67GB at maximum of settings in a explosion with 4 car and 7 characters died, maybe is a stupid experiment, but better than nothing

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18144 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

So should i put my APB install on a external harddrive.. and play it from that?

Sry I lost that topic.

But what? an external harddrive will be slower than an inetrnalt, so NOOOO
Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

MrBondo7

MrBondo7

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
Bro Thank you for posting this, Respect !

Mokoezh

Mokoezh

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 30-September 11
is it necessary for all the computers? i have a intel core i7 3770k core speed at 3.9ghz overclock should be at 3.5ghz windows 7 64bit, 16gb ddr3, asus sabertooth 277 motherboard, with nvidia geforce GTX 680 i have alot of lag spikes, but i figured they were mostly occuring when the district was filled in with many hackers mostly in the gold district or i'm just becoming crazy because most of the time, when i'm in silvers and i dont get as many lag spikes as in gold ones could also be because golds create more activities in district as they spam more the triggers and move thru map faster too idk, i couldnt find the 3 first step showed so i gave up at searching for the rest, but i would like to get rid of those lag spikes forever.

Edited by Mokoezh, 07 March 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Neltharions Tear

Neltharions Tear

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-March 13
Yeah thanks for getting my hopes up, but this did nothing to improve performance. Lag spikes and freezing occur just as often as before.

MrBondo7

MrBondo7

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
I think they did something in the last patch now the game freezes more often when someone shoots at you.

KakashiiX

KakashiiX

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 24-September 12

Yeah thanks for getting my hopes up, but this did nothing to improve performance. Lag spikes and freezing occur just as often as before.

I think they did something in the last patch now the game freezes more often when someone shoots at you.

I will add to this because I tweeted how this server update was much of an improvement in gameplay for me than the gameplay before and insteaded was greeted with "Well you are one of the 1st since majority of the community is complaining about FPS drops.", and so it hadn't hit me why players were saying this.

I ran a little test, my rig is of the following:
Win 7 64bit
Intel Quad Core Q9300 @ 2.5ghz
8GB RAM
PNY Geforce GTX470

I can bump up the settings on this game to ultra and if I am an area like Saul Linkers spawn , I run a 60fps with everything in ultra, the moment I step out of the building my FPS take a dip of 35fps. I've always had this issue since the first day I stepped into APB and this was an issue in my gameplay. So I looked around and found this: http://forums.gamers...tant-60-62-fps/ , after I applied that, the game was much smoother but IN-GAME gameplay was still not. When players would magically appear out of no where, the server took a while to update enemy names / friendly names into their proper color of green or red. Drop when there was tons of people shooting and cars aronud. Mind you this is under that 60FPS guide setting.

So the update comes around, and I am still under the 60FPS guide setting, and all that I just mention above in regards to appear out of no where, drop when congested with tons of people was all gone. The game has never ran smoother IMO during the 60FPS guide settings, even when I shoot players my bullets register far better than they did prior the update.

Now I got curious (and this is the part that most will agree with here), and decided to bump my settings up, same as the story before with 60FPS at a building, 35FPS outside.. except things took a rather dark turn. The first fight I got in with someone (I tend to use my vehicle a lot for protection) and I stepped out of my car in a congested fight, my character warped to the ground and then came back up, and suddenly I was dead. I once again proceeded to the mission area with my car , got out early and began a fire fight. My opponent warped, next thing I know I am getting tag-teamed by 2 players in cross fire, BOOM. Game freezes: "APB RELOADED HAS DISCOVERED A PROBLEM, WOULD YOU LIKE TO REPORT?". I did, reloaded the game, got into another mission, same problem occured.

Went back to my old settings (60FPS) and haven't had a problem since. I believe it seems to be a problem with the new update + DX11 and some higher settings.

Edited by KakashiiX, 08 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Valroy

Valroy

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 11-March 13
i cant do the 3 step i cant delete the windows.edb is missing
i do all the others steps and the game run smooth like 2mins then when i go out in a mission the game is again slow got like 15fps maximum.

Posted Image

Edited by Valroy, 11 March 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Intel Core i5 2310 @2.9GHz / 8GB Ram DDR3 1333mhz
Win7 x64 / Ndivia GeForce GTS 450 1GB

Murderdoll

Murderdoll

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 27-May 11

i cant do the 3 step i cant delete the windows.edb is missing
i do all the others steps and the game run smooth like 2mins then when i go out in a mission the game is again slow got like 15fps maximum.

Posted Image

Same here i use Windows 8 Pro and i have no idea how to show hidden folder :o

Also does it make a difference using Steam VS Gamersfirst launcher? for these fixes (i have both installed)

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8455 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Same here i use Windows 8 Pro and i have no idea how to show hidden folder :o

Also does it make a difference using Steam VS Gamersfirst launcher? for these fixes (i have both installed)

with Steam launcher FPS are huge worst.
the G1 launcher is better .

Qero

Qero

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 18-March 13
Didnt work for me, followed every step except the deletion of that file and i still get constant lag spikes.. i cant play like this.
4gb of ram, hd radeon 5670 and amd athlon 7750 duo core 2.7 ghz

Hardsty1e

Hardsty1e

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 29-March 13
Same as @UP. Someone see my topic about that freezes http://forums.gamers...ezes-need-help/

Mokoezh

Mokoezh

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 30-September 11
G1 need to start by stopping the hackers, that game had soo much potential, but its all scrap with the hackers allowed in, we can see hackers at rank 235, why??? the most important thing to be done is to get rid of them, gosh darn all the activities and all the events and all the designs changes and gosh darn every other possible updates, they are worthless if the game is full of hackers.

totte1015

totte1015

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 09-April 11
This mommy didnt work for me.

N1ghtSh4de

N1ghtSh4de

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-February 11
HUGE! Thanks!!! game where grounded back to "unreal" capabilities from some alien hi-tech,flying now,all thanks to you bro!!!

Sithis

Sithis

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 12-April 13

You are now set for optimal performance in Windows!!!

Cheers!

Fah

Fah

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 11-April 13
i have the familiar problem

playing APB around 30 min then PC lock up and wierd sounds comes out , need hard reboot

spec
asrock H55m-le
core i5 760
ram 8gb
GTx660

using 7.1 tiamat headset

when using USB headset apb works fine without pc crash

this is my only clue
-no problem abot ram , already test it
-not GPU overheat
-also not CPU over heat
-HDD checked , it works perfectly
-somethings wrong about my onboard sound card realtek HD audio

it would be great if i fix this issue without buy new sound card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users