15 replies to this topic

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Hello

We’ve written a list of commonly encountered technical issues below as well as compiled a directory of useful threads on the subject. Before posting in the Technical Issues forum please check this thread for solutions to your issue.

Thank you.

FAQ's
How Do I Submit a Customer Support ticket?
I’m seeing Error Code 8 when I try to log in.
Someone scammed me!
I think someone is cheating!
My Latency is really high.
Your server FPS is really low in general or spikes very low!
My Client FPS is really low.
I didn’t get something from ARMAS that I paid for!
I won something in a contest but haven’t gotten it!
I keep getting randomly disconnected.
APB Reloaded isn’t updating correctly or My launcher is broken.
I keep crashing.
Punkbuster keeps kicking me!
I can’t access the world my character is on!
I'm getting error code 60004.
Jotunblut!

:D

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Problems? PM me :)

It's not the end of the world.

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
How Do I Submit a Customer Support ticket?

Customer Support (CS) can often be your best option when you encounter a technical issue with APB Reloaded.

To submit a Customer Support ticket for APB Reloaded:

• Visit http://www.gamersfir....php?support=20
  • Enter your Gamer ID/Email Address and Password.
  • Check the Knowledge Base to make sure that your question hasn’t already been answered. Sometimes this can help save you some time.
  • Click the Contact Us button on the right side of the screen.
  • Enter a subject for your mail (please try to be descriptive), an issue type and then a Message. The message should contain as much information as you think is useful about your issue.
  • Fill in the rest of the details
  • Click ‘SEND EMAIL’
  • Once your ticket has been submitted you’ll be given a reference number.

Congratulations! You’ve submitted a support ticket!
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
I’m seeing Error Code 8 when I try to log in.

Error Code 8 usually means that the servers are down for maintenance. Please check in the Social or News and Announcements forums to see if the servers are currently offline. If they are then this error will resolve itself when maintenance is over.

If you believe this is happening to you outside of maintenance times please try to collate as much information as possible to identify exactly where the problem is occurring. Can you please try the following steps...

1) Open the Start menu
2) Click on 'Search Programs & Files' box
3) Type cmd and hit ENTER
4) In the command prompt, type 'ping apb.login.gamersfirst.com'
5) Copy the output by right-clicking in the window and select Mark. Hit Enter to copy all of the text and paste it into a .txt file by hitting Ctrl + V.
6) In a new CMD prompt, type 'tracert apb.login.gamersfirst.com' and copy/paste the text into a .txt file
7) Attach these .txt files to a new CS ticket.

Once you have all this data please contact Customer Support.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Someone scammed me!

Unfortunately there are people out there that’ll be mean and dishonest about deals in game. We do investigate scamming claims but the procedures used to track down scammers can be very time consuming.
Here are some simple steps you can take to avoid being scammed:

• Use the marketplace in the social district to trade.
  • Never give out your email address or password to another player!
  • Try to investigate the person you’re dealing with. Have they done trades in the past? What did other people they’ve dealt with think of them?
  • When buying something from the marketplace, be sure to check that the item is legitimate! Check the category that it’s listed under, the item type and its statistics. If you see an OCA Nano listed under Symbols, chances are that it’s a scam.

If you’ve been scammed please submit a ticket to customer support. Give details about who you think scammed you, when you think it happened, how it happened (did you mail them your item? Did they get access to your account?) and what items you think got stolen.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
I think someone is cheating!

Cheaters are something that we are constantly working on new ways to combat in APB Reloaded. It’s an ongoing game of cat and mouse though and we need your help to identify those that are cheating.

If you think you’ve found someone that’s cheating please contact a GM in game or submit a CS ticket with the following details:

• The name of the person that you think was cheating
  • What sever they’re on (Patriot, Obeya, Joker, etc)
  • What makes you think they were cheating

If you have any screenshots or videos of the player that you think is cheating please attach them to your ticket. While these are not vital to helping us determine if someone is cheating of not they can be very useful.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
My Latency is really high.

Latency is the term we use for the time it takes for your PC to send data to our servers and then for our servers to respond to your PC. You can see your latency by typing /fps and pressing enter when you’re in APB Reloaded. Latency is a number you want to be as low as possible: less than 80 is ideal and up to 150 is playable. Anything more than 150 and you will notice issues with the game.

You are probably suffering from very high latency when you see the following issues:

• Characters warping around the screen
  • Chat channels take a long time to update
  • Shots are not registering against enemy players
  • Enemies appear to be teleporting around the environment
  • A message at the top of your screen saying ‘connection problems…’
The first thing to do before submitting a CS ticket is to try and restart APB Reloaded. This can sometimes clear up latency issues.

Please also make sure that no one else on your connection is running high bandwidth applications. These applications can cause latency and lag by clogging up your connection.

Please submit a ticket to Customer Service detailing your latency issues with the following information in it:

• The server you were connecting to when you experienced this issue.
  • The time that it happened to you (please list your timezone when telling us this)
  • If the District you were in at the time was very busy
  • A traceroute to the server you were connecting to.
  • Additionally if you could run a traceroute to the server that you were trying to connect to and send us the results of this it will help us determine where your attempt to join a district failed.

To run a traceroute and copy the results to us:

• Click Start
  • Go to Programs
  • Go to Accessories
  • Select Command Prompt
  • Enter the word tracert followed by space then the ip address of the server you are trying to connect to.
  • Right click anywhere on the command window and select ‘mark’
  • You can press Enter to copy all of the output, or select the text you want to copy and then right-click with your mouse.
  • Paste the copied text into a .txt file by hitting Ctrl + V.
Server IP addresses
Joker:

Colby / Han:

Patriot / Obeya:

For example, if I wanted to run a traceroute to Obeya I would type:
tracert 173.195.41.254
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Your server FPS is really low in general or spikes very low!

We’re currently aware of some issues with server performance. We are investigating them and hope to make significant strides in improving server performance in the upcoming weeks.

Server FPS can be seen by typing /fps while you are in game. The number next the word Server: is your server FPS. You want this number to be as high as possible. It’s currently capped at 25 FPS and it, for a smooth play experience in an action district, should be between 20 and 25. Social server FPS is currently capped to 20 FPS. Server FPS is different from Client FPS and our target is to have all servers running at 20FPS plus.

If the server FPS dips below 20 FPS you may start to notice some issues such as:

• Players warping around the screen
  • Shots failing to land
  • Vehicles becoming very difficult to control
  • A line of text at the top of your screen saying ‘connection issues’

Please submit a Customer Support ticket with the following details:
  • Your DXDiag
  • A traceroute to the server you were connecting to when you were experiencing the lag (the sooner after experiencing the lag that you run the traceroute the better)
  • Another traceroute to the server after the lag spike has ended
  • The name of the server you were connecting to
  • The server minimum server FPS that you observed while running the traceroute
  • Any other details you think would be appropriate

• Click Start
  • Go to Programs
  • Go to Accessories
  • Select Command Prompt
  • Enter the word tracert followed by space then the ip address of the server you are trying to connect to.
  • You can press Enter to copy all of the output, or select the text you want to copy and then right-click with your mouse.

Server IP addresses
Joker:

Colby / Han:

Patriot / Obeya:

tracert 173.195.41.254

In order to obtain the DxDiag from your computer, please do the following:

• From the your desktop click: Start > Run
  • In the blank text field of the window that appears type “dxdiag” without the quotes. Press run or hit enter
  • Another window will appear with the title DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click on “Save All Information” option that you could find in bottom of the window
  • Once this is done, another pop-up would appear asking you where to save the file, we recommend you to save it on your desktop (it automatically selects the desktop) with the default name and file type
  • Attach the text file in the ticket and send it to us for further review

Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
My Client FPS is really low.

APB Reloaded is a fairly resource hungry game and it needs a powerful PC to get the most of out of it. You can find your FPS by going into game and typing /fps . Your FPS is the number next to the word Client: and you want it to be as high as it can go. The game is locked to 60 FPS maximum. Any number higher than 24 FPS is considered playable but lower numbers will result in visual issues.

The first thing to do is make sure that your computer meets the minimum specifications for running APB Reloaded:

Processor: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equivalent AMD x4
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 8800GT 512MB or AMD equivalent
DirectX®: DX9.0 c

If your computer meets the minimum specified requirements please try and update your graphics drivers.

If this issue persists please try lowering your graphics settings in the Video Settings menu in the options menu for APB Reloaded.

If this issue still persists please contract Customer Service with the following information:

• Your DXDiag.
  • A recent client log from when you experienced your FPS issues.
  • If your FPS is fine for the most part but drops in certain situations (gunfights, standing near burning vehicles, just after spawning in a district for example) please provide details of those situations.

• In the blank text field of the window that appears type “dxdiag” without the quotes. Press run or hit enter
  • Another window will appear with the title DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click on “Save All Information” option that you could find in bottom of the window
  • Once this is done, another pop-up would appear asking you where to save the file, we recommend you to save it on your desktop (it automatically selects the desktop) with the default name and file type

To find a client log please go to your APB Install directory and check [i]APBgame\logs\[i] and find a relevant logfile. Logfiles are sorted by date and have the file extension .log
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
I didn’t get something from ARMAS that I paid for!

If you purchased the item through the ARMAS marketplace and you have not received it please wait up to 24 hours as some orders can take time to process, especially if we have received lots of orders.

If you’ve waited 24 hours please contact customer support with the name of the item you purchased and the character you purchased it on. They will assist you in getting the item correctly delivered.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
I won something in a contest but haven’t gotten it!

If you won the item in a contest please give us up to 4 working days to get the prizes out to you! It can take some time to work out who won what so please be patient.

If it has been more than 4 working days since the contest ended please submit a ticket to customer support detailing why you think you won and the character you completed the contest on.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
I keep getting randomly disconnected.

The first thing to check when you get disconnected is that you have forwarded the correct ports to play APB Reloaded. Please forward the following ports:

TCP: 80, 443, 2106, 3720
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3722-3730, 5060, 5062, 12000-17000

If you’re still experiencing connection issues please try to repair your client. To repair the game through the launcher please do the following:

• Start the APB Launcher
  • Click Options
  • Click Repair

If this still hasn’t fixed the situation please contact Customer Support. When you submit your ticket please attach the following:

• A traceroute to the server you were connecting to when you were disconnected.
  • A client log from when you were disconnected
  • Details of the error message you are shown when you are disconnected

• Click Start
  • Go to Programs
  • Go to Accessories
  • Select Command Prompt

Server IP addresses
Joker:

Colby / Han:

Patriot / Obeya:

tracert 173.195.41.254

You can find a logfile in APBGame\logs\ in the directory where you installed APB Reloaded. There may be several log files to try to look at their created date to match a log to when the incident occurred. These files will help us pinpoint the exact location of your problem.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
APB Reloaded isn’t updating correctly or My launcher is broken.

If your launcher isn’t working please try running a repair on the launcher. Please make sure you’re running the launcher as an administrator. To repair the game through the launcher please do the following:

• Start the APB Launcher
  • Click Options
  • Click Repair

If your launcher still isn’t updating please try visiting ‘http://apb.patch.gamersfirst.com/Patches.xml’ in a web browser and pressing control and F5 to refresh the page in your web browsers cache. Run the launcher.

If this hasn’t worked please delete clientfiles.xml from the APB Reloaded base directory. Run the launcher again and try to repair.

If you’re still not able to update please submit a ticket to Customer Support with the following information.

• Your launcher log.
  • Any details you think could be relevant (previous network issues, for example).
  • A description of the issue you're having (does the Play button show the word Error? Is updating taking a very long time or are speeds very slow?)
  • Also please include a traceroute to apb.patch.gamersfirst.com – we can use this traceroute to tell which CDN node you’re connecting to which can be useful.

In order to obtain your launcher.log please go to \APB Reloaded\Launcher\ in the directory where you installed APB Reloaded and attach the launcher.log file.

• Click Start
  • Go to Programs
  • Go to Accessories
  • Select Command Prompt
  • Enter the word tracert apb.patch.gamersfirst.com

Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
I keep crashing.

Most of the crashes that we have reported are caused by out of date graphics drivers or running out of memory. We strongly recommend running APB Reloaded in a 64 bit environment. Please check that you have the latest graphics drivers from your manufacturer and meet the minimum specifications for APB Reloaded.

The minimum specifications for APB Reloaded are:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 (2.13GHz) or AMD Athlon x2 5800+ (3.0GHz)
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 7800 with 256MB and support for Pixel Shader 3.0, or AMD equivalent
DirectX®: DX9
Hard Drive: 7 GB HD space

If you meet the minimum specifications for APB Reloaded and have the latest graphics drivers please send your dxdiag, logfiles and dump files to Customer Support.

Dump files have the extension .dmp and contain all the information from the last second leading up to a crash. These are vital if we are to diagnose a crash related issue.

Please mail the following to Customer Support:

• DXDiag
  • Log files
  • Dump files
  • Any information you think might be important (such as events that led up to the crash, if you crash often, if you’ve heard of anyone else encountering this issue)

You can find a logfile in APBGame\logs\ in the directory where you installed APB Reloaded. There may be several log files to try to look at their created date to match a log to when the incident occurred.

You can also find your dump files (.dmp) in this directory. Dump files have the extension .dmp and contain all the information from the last second leading up to a crash. These are vital if we are to diagnose a crash related issue.

If there are lots of logfiles and dump files please check the created on date and see if you find a log file from around the time that this incident occurred.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Punkbuster keeps kicking me!

Please visit http://forums.gamers...nkbuster-kicks/ and follow the instructions there.

If this issue persists even after following the steps listed in the above thread exactly please submit a ticket to Customer Support for further assistance.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
I can’t access the world my character is on!

This can often happen after trying to login to the game soon after the servers have been brought up. Please close the game, wait a few minutes and try again.

This can also happen after selecting one character, then another character and then another character. Making multiple requests to the character server quickly can cause it to become confused and seize up. Please close the client, wait a few minutes and try again.

If this issue is still happening after you’ve restarted your client please submit a ticket to customer support with your most recent client log file attached and the character you are trying to login on as well as the world that they reside on (Obeya, Patriot, Colby for example).

You can find a logfile in APBGame\logs\ in the directory where you installed APB Reloaded. There may be several log files to try to look at their created date to match a log to when the incident occurred.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
I’m seeing error 60004! Help!

Error 60004 tends to happen shortly after an instance crashes. Your character is still in use in that instance.

This is an issue that should resolve itself within 30 minutes of the instance going down.

If it does not resolve itself please contact CS to have your character unstuck.

Edit - We believe we've worked out the cause of Error 60004. We hope to have alleviated a lot of the causes of this issue. Characters that it continues to happen to after the fix patch for this (please note this patch is not deployed but we hope to have it deployed within the next few weeks) will be automatically released after 15 minutes.
Jotunblut!

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users