• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Kimbaa

Kimbaa

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10
First off I would like to say that I am not sure if this is the right place to post this so correct me if I am wrong. Also, I have not seen this posted and I know many people who are still having problems.

As most people enjoy and rely on communication to effectively play the game, the in-game volume settings don't actually provide a decent modification for sound effects and VoIP.

I have a solution that doesn't require you to turn your master volume UP and go deaf trying to here your teammates over loud music, gunfire, and explosives.

simply...

Go into your sound mixer.

Posted Image (For Windows XP users, try right clicking to open the mixer)

Posted Image

Then turn the APBprogram volume down (about 50%) and leave the VivoxVoiceService (VoIP) up.

Posted Image

Then just go into the game and manually adjust your Master Volume to the desired setting.

Hope I could help :D Enjoy!

~Spyderr~

Edited by Kimba, 03 October 2012 - 06:20 AM.

Revoemag

Revoemag

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3500 posts
  • Joined 26-April 11
Thank you for posting this, pinned! :)
APB Blog
APB Facebook
Check out this awesome Dev Tracker

"One day I shall return to the game that made me the gamer I am today."

Got an issue? PM me :)

BumbleCrap

BumbleCrap

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Joined 11-October 11
Any plans to include individual volume adjustments in the future? Perhaps with that spiffy new UI we keep hearing about?

I can verify that this fix works, but it has to be repeated every single time the game is launched, which gets very tedious very quickly.

Posted Image
"With wise old age comes wiseness and stuff." -Rafiki
Oh look, I stream sometimes.

Kimbaa

Kimbaa

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10

I can verify that this fix works, but it has to be repeated every single time the game is launched, which gets very tedious very quickly.

'
Hmm, that's weird. I don't have to repeat this, my settings stay the same.

BumbleCrap

BumbleCrap

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Joined 11-October 11
That is weird. I kind of assumed that everyone who used this fix had to do what I do. Most of the people I talk to in-game have to do it, too. What sound card do you have?

I just kind of avoided the problem by finding a balance between master volume being way too loud and still being able to hear VOIP.

Edited by BumbleCrap, 04 October 2012 - 07:53 AM.

Posted Image
"With wise old age comes wiseness and stuff." -Rafiki
Oh look, I stream sometimes.

Kimbaa

Kimbaa

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10

What sound card do you have?

I just use my on-board sound card, nothing fancy. Its possible maybe because I never turn my computer off. But it is a Realtek High Def Audio device.

Edited by Kimba, 05 October 2012 - 03:59 AM.

Mod Squad

Mod Squad

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09
This doesn't work in Windows XP sadly.

Jericho : MrFappyPenguin | TokenPotHeadRickRitalin | MrsHappyPenguin
Bubblenut | AbbyAdderal | NubileBut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | luberness
Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy #NotEnoughCharacterSlots

dadafix

dadafix

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 19-January 12
why not use ingame settings volume
Posted Image

Mod Squad

Mod Squad

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09
Because the ingame settings DO NOT WORK. It lowers half of the sounds, and makes other sounds fade in and out, and it leaves the VOIP sound way too low.

Jericho : MrFappyPenguin | TokenPotHeadRickRitalin | MrsHappyPenguin
Bubblenut | AbbyAdderal | NubileBut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | luberness
Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy #NotEnoughCharacterSlots

Pista

Pista

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11
You would think game developers would fix this issue.

xPersesx

xPersesx

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 21-October 12
:D ty did not know this for the couple years ive played xD >. > now i can hear people

handwasher

handwasher

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 07-February 12
you have to turn it down every time you start the game, you can however use nircmd or use dreamss' launcher to adjust the main processes volume, it's easy, no need to minimize and manually turn it down ever time! :computerbrain:

Edited by handwasher, 28 December 2012 - 04:31 PM.

2czobd0.jpg
USPSyle's Advanced APB Launcher [Makes config editing easy!]

(The launcher does NOT modify shaders in any way.)

Katrina kitty

Katrina kitty

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
awesome
Kassidykitty 105R Enf - Joker
Katrinakitty 244R Enf - Colby

Loraya

Loraya

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 29-August 11

That is weird. I kind of assumed that everyone who used this fix had to do what I do. Most of the people I talk to in-game have to do it, too. What sound card do you have?

I just kind of avoided the problem by finding a balance between master volume being way too loud and still being able to hear VOIP.

If you have Steam running, it'll reset the volume of APB regardless of how the game is launched.

Dr.P/iHeartGirls

Dr.P/iHeartGirls

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12
as we're on the topic of voip.... im just curious if there's a quality difference between voip and skype... my friends have told me frequently that my mic sounds better on skype
Server: Joker
Characters: iHeartGirls (enforcer), DrPleasure (criminal)
Clans: none

handwasher

handwasher

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 07-February 12

as we're on the topic of voip.... im just curious if there's a quality difference between voip and skype... my friends have told me frequently that my mic sounds better on skype

Yes skype quality is better, and for the record this issue isn't solved so I'm not sure why it is listed as such, does the master slider not turn down the voip any more? if that's what's fixed then it makes sense, I still have to turn it down via nircmd and audio panel, there is a big difference between work around provided and solved, I suggest you learn the difference.

Edited by handwasher, 15 April 2013 - 11:37 AM.

2czobd0.jpg

DreO

DreO

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2441 posts
  • Joined 12-November 12

The problem with this solution is that it is just a band-aid that has to be reapplied over and over again for the majority of us. If you are on Windows 7 (and possibly Vista or other later versions) you can adjust the volume level for individual programs in your Windows Mixer. Unfortunately though, Steam resets the APB volume to 100% every time you launch the game.

Now, Devs/Admins/G1, you may point at Valve and say they should fix their client so it does not do this (and they should), but G1 also should be taking a step in the right by fixing the in-game audio controls. The master volume control in-game needs to be untied from the VOIP app and that volume should be controlled thru the VOIP settings (like it somewhat is now).

Edited by rayneman, 27 April 2013 - 10:13 AM.

DreO

handwasher

handwasher

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 07-February 12

The problem with this solution is that it is just a band-aid that has to be reapplied over and over again for the majority of us. If you are on Windows 7 (and possibly Vista or other later versions) you can adjust the volume level for individual programs in your Windows Mixer. Unfortunately though, Steam resets the APB volume to 100% every time you launch the game.

Now, Devs/Admins/G1, you may point at Valve and say they should fix their client so it does not do this (and they should), but G1 also should be taking a step in the right by fixing the in-game audio controls. The master volume control in-game needs to be untied from the VOIP app and that volume should be controlled thru the VOIP settings (like it somewhat is now).

Exactly what I was saying, these mommytys think a player work around provided means fixed, it doesn't mean [FIXED] it means [WORK AROUND PROVIDED] mommytys need to learn the difference and they might get some respect from me, if they can't tell the difference between WAP and FIXED then they're beyond hope because it isn't fixed.

2czobd0.jpg

RivetHead

RivetHead

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Joined 26-December 11
now all we need to do is wait a couple years for g1 to fix the voip so it actually starts

Moonman for President

the year is 2041, gender no longer exists, we all identify as discontinued food products, i am Doritos 3D and this is my story

Fallen Killer

Fallen Killer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 29-November 12
Thank You helped a lot

handwasher

handwasher

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 07-February 12

Thank You helped a lot

Lol, no it didn't it put a band aid on your problem, gg no re fixed? I think not.

2czobd0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users