Photo

Anyone still here from the Hyperion, Pixel, Nemico age?

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

stickdead

stickdead

xfire : pitia2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1549 posts
  • Joined 30-April 09
hi guyz. I passed by to refresh my memory haha :)

Yea, I don't really like APB, it doesn't fit in my taste. :P To be honest I don't like any of current G1 games.

same. i'm now and still dropped again in my old game i used to play in 2002

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09
soooooooooo.. is G1 going to host any new title? I see they have new employees.

Posted Image

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
Well, they have been partnering with a lot of companies to allow the use of G1 accounts in their game (ie. World of Battles, Super MNC etc...).
As far as hosting, that is up in the air. They have never been too public with their business affairs, as they shouldn't. I guess we have to wait and see.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I would love to see G1 controlling the reins of a FPS.

Smashpaw7

Smashpaw7

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 18-January 13
Ahh I miss the activeness of G1 forums :( Also I remember when Ashley was like 12, guess that makes me old :( BTW Smashpaw/swine-flu checking in here to stay on topic.

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Well, they have been partnering with a lot of companies to allow the use of G1 accounts in their game (ie. World of Battles, Super MNC etc...).
As far as hosting, that is up in the air. They have never been too public with their business affairs, as they shouldn't. I guess we have to wait and see.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I would love to see G1 controlling the reins of a FPS.

hurrah! Tech said there is a new fps coming soon :)

and also, could you guys tell me why G1 dropped mu online few years ago? I was playing it few months ago and someone told me G1 was publishing it for some time. It's a great game. Sorry for digging it out but I'm just curious.

#askingguywhowasbannedonnxforumsforsayingthetruth (I guess it wouldn't work on twitter)

Posted Image

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

Ahh I miss the activeness of G1 forums :( Also I remember when Ashley was like 12, guess that makes me old :( BTW Smashpaw/swine-flu checking in here to stay on topic.

I was never 12 you old coot. APB:R forums (Social District is the equivalent of General Discussion) are active enough, but there's nothing like a good ol' dose of Competitive Discussion. Don't think there's anything like that anymore (for better or for worse).

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

I was never 12 you old coot. APB:R forums (Social District is the equivalent of General Discussion) are active enough, but there's nothing like a good ol' dose of Competitive Discussion. Don't think there's anything like that anymore (for better or for worse).

Nope, we all got drove out after some people took it too far and couldn't distinguish banter and outright abuse. To be fair the main authors of the banter aren't even bothered about gaming anymore let alone G1.

308y13p.png
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - A.E

pj1712

pj1712

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6184 posts
  • Joined 08-September 09
I rarely post on the international section because I think my english level isn't good, I try my best in every post :P

I was here (on the G1 forums, I never be active on the k2 forums) since the end of the Napalm era on WarRock, I starting few weeks later that the Jericho's debut :P

I miss these forums, the Nexon ones are very bad, more trolls and only real support for english/germany section :bad:. Like Paul said, Bjorn tell us that G1 will create his own FPS but is interesting that G1 want to get back WarRock, nice news for us, I am (and the 85-90% of the spanish community) very disappointed with the new publisher, they are banning more legit players and haven't a support center for the important problems (ok, report hackers is important, but bad payment support?) and give the responsability of one GM to the players... I don't like it.

Jericho, is nice to heard that Maxi and Tristan still working for G1, Can you tell us on what are they working? I don't see Maxi posting since May :(

Edited by pj1712, 20 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

and also, could you guys tell me why G1 dropped mu online few years ago? I was playing it few months ago and someone told me G1 was publishing it for some time. It's a great game. Sorry for digging it out but I'm just curious.

Chances are that they got outbid on the licence to host it, as they might not have offered more than usual as they didn't see the game generating enough income for the trouble they had to put into it. Other than that then they might have felt that it competed with their other titles and those titles was doing better.

Like Paul said, Bjorn tell us that G1 will create his own FPS but is interesting that G1 want to get back WarRock, nice news for us

You got a link to any of these posts by G1 officials?

"A hero has fallen which will be missed by all those whose lives he touched." - Korgoth, 2010

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get me." - David Pimm

Well... I hate VISARA now!!!!

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Chances are that they got outbid on the licence to host it, as they might not have offered more than usual as they didn't see the game generating enough income for the trouble they had to put into it. Other than that then they might have felt that it competed with their other titles and those titles was doing better.

You got a link to any of these posts by G1 officials?

He had written this all in thread regarding 8th slot switch in WR. Here are few quotes:

Of course we don't offer WarRock at the moment (hint-hint Dream Execution – we have a VERY nice new datacenter in Europe, and some great original WarRock GMs that could jump back in the game again, and clearly we know how this tech works) but maybe there is a future FPS on GamersFirst that you might like. You will have up to 24 months to spend your new credits.

Reconnect WarRock to GamersFirst?

On a side note, with the whole debacle of the transfer, and the apparent dramatic loss of players the game has had in its new location, we are creating an open invitation to Dream Execution to bring back WarRock to GamersFirst.

There are two ways this can be done, either we can publish it, or Nexon EU can simply federate logins with the GamersFirst platform to let the old WarRock players continue logging in to WarRock using the G1 logins and G1 payments, but play the game on Nexon's servers. So many options J. Or we can just launch our own future FPS, potentially in the APB family of games instead (hint?)

and in the end of the whole thread..

Also - as far as new games - the answer is "yes - stayed tuned". There will be a future FPS that will be very much to the liking to fomer WarRock players.

Back tu Mu Online subject, well it's doing very well in webzen hands now, it has a huge community (I think it also had a huge community in G1 hands) so I guess there were some contract problems then.

Posted Image

Chris xD

Chris xD

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
as if ur still here montie, lul

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

He had written this all in thread regarding 8th slot switch in WR. Here are few quotes:

No link or the topic/post is already gone?

"A hero has fallen which will be missed by all those whose lives he touched." - Korgoth, 2010

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get me." - David Pimm

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

No link or the topic/post is already gone?

it's on the top of this forums, you're blind! :elephantdance:

http://forums.gamers...em-g1-response/

Posted Image

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

it's on the top of this forums, you're blind! :elephantdance:

http://forums.gamers...em-g1-response/

I am almost always blind to Sticky topics, like the majority of the players :P

Funny part is that just when they transferred the game you had access to all the permanent weapons on your account, however when you tried to switch it would crash the game server. So it is just them talking trash that they never had the data :P

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Funny part is that just when they transferred the game you had access to all the permanent weapons on your account, however when you tried to switch it would crash the game server. So it is just them talking trash that they never had the data :P

lol! I've just remembered that! It was the first day and it was full of bugs and lags. Hypocrites..

Posted Image

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

as if ur still here montie, lul

You too mate haha! Nah came on just out of pure curiosity, don't post that often at all. Or for that matter even play games anymore. Not touched an FPS for a long time...

308y13p.png

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09
I've just saw latest APB:R real action trailer, despite I don't like this game I think this video is just a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Posted Image

darkdragon4me

darkdragon4me

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 18-January 13

OMG

How did i forgot that ! well it was some time ago !

And with this Visara, you just POWNED Nexon !
they said, they never got this data!
lol Someone needs to give this info to TechMech **hint**hint** Visara if you be so kind...

Edited by darkdragon4me, 21 January 2013 - 03:50 PM.

darkdragon4me

darkdragon4me

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 18-January 13

I've just saw latest APB:R real action trailer, despite I don't like this game I think this video is just a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

well maybe i give it an try on APB:R tomorow
i tryed WarInc, but it gives me some error (i posted the error on WarInc foruns)

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

OMG

How did i forgot that ! well it was some time ago !

And with this Visara, you just POWNED Nexon !
they said, they never got this data!
lol Someone needs to give this info to TechMech **hint**hint** Visara if you be so kind...

And you think that they don't already know this? Heck Jericho should know as I made fun of it in the moderator topics in the War Rock section before it got closed down :P

Also it was fun to say this in the lobby over at Nexon: game crashing in 5 seconds, and then go switch 8th slot weapon to see if it was possible.

Chris xD

Chris xD

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11

You too mate haha! Nah came on just out of pure curiosity, don't post that often at all. Or for that matter even play games anymore. Not touched an FPS for a long time...

lmao, it's for the best x

always fun to come back and see all the crying, same shit different day xD

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

And you think that they don't already know this? Heck Jericho should know as I made fun of it in the moderator topics in the War Rock section before it got closed down :P

Also it was fun to say this in the lobby over at Nexon: game crashing in 5 seconds, and then go switch 8th slot weapon to see if it was possible.

Anyway, Techmech made a little mess here because he stated they never gave DE informations about permas. Or...... there wasn't only one single kind of datas where the informations were kept.

btw. I luv Denmark's x factor. :hamster:

Edited by Paull, 22 January 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

Anyway, Techmech made a little mess here because he stated they never gave DE informations about permas. Or...... there wasn't only one single kind of datas where the informations were kept.

btw. I luv Denmark's x factor. :hamster:

Well if you re-read his post then he said all data was initially transferred, then he followed up by saying that they didn't give them payment data which might back up claims about getting those permanent weapons. That is normal procedure, as payment data is critical to customer confidence in a company. Would you trust a company there passed on data about what you had bought from them to other companies?

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Well if you re-read his post then he said all data was initially transferred, then he followed up by saying that they didn't give them payment data which might back up claims about getting those permanent weapons. That is normal procedure, as payment data is critical to customer confidence in a company. Would you trust a company there passed on data about what you had bought from them to other companies?

Of course you're right, just too many facts haven't been explained by NX, but I guess our discussion is needless and exhausted on this subject. At the end of the day everyone can see "who's the messy one" in this whole situation.

Posted Image

Darksinger

Darksinger

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6109 posts
  • Joined 24-March 09

The party not saying, "Bezinga!"

"Slipping into the dark recess of the mind one falls deeply into the core of all terrors as it can only rest within,
so dance on the edge of madness as the misery spread through the empty void of the life which can be felt,
no more dreams of purity as innocence is lost on the altar dripping with the blood of lost youth spend in pain,
finally a light within as the raven cry in frustration against the slow decline of humanity in a world of hunger."
- Darksinger

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
What kind of major changes has WR seen during its time with Nexon?

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

What kind of major changes has WR seen during its time with Nexon?

Actually DE. has made a lot of content updates within last half a year (new maps, guns) but there are a lot more bugs and servers related problems which makes game unplayable at least for me. It's surprising they're completely not focusing on bug fixing, improving game performance and updating current textures (for more realistic look).

Edited by Paull, 25 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

Actually DE. has made a lot of content updates within last half a year (new maps, guns) but there are a lot more bugs and servers related problems which makes game unplayable at least for me. It's surprising they're completely not focusing on bug fixing, improving game performance and updating current textures (for more realistic look).

That is because Nexon has no technical expertise. They are literally just a marketing company. This is obvious from their selection of HGM's.

308y13p.png

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09
I was just sitting on twitter and guess who popped out in follow propositions list? Joshua!!! it wouldn't be anything strange but when I clicked his name...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
So I popped in on an alt to see what's what, and it's nowhere near the same game it once was. I miss the days of
Posted Image.

RAWKED

RAWKED

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Joined 31-July 08
I miss the actual intellectually sound discussions that this forum would bring. The Nexon forums are a huge mess, even the GMs have horrible English. Reading anything over there drives me up a wall.

Lots of old quality posters here, Rawked checking in.
RAWKED

Leo

Leo

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4877 posts
  • Joined 01-June 09

So I popped in on an alt to see what's what, and it's nowhere near the same game it once was. I miss the days of
Posted Image.

I also gave it a quick look. I used a touchpad on my laptop and still managed to hold a 2.0 in most pubs. I must admit it was fun while it lasted; memories were brought back. The competition and overall population is severely lacking though. Nexon is a terrible host regardless. Their boards are completely unappealing too. I haven't made a single posting there.

Posted Image

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
It's Leo! *fangasm*

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

Which was what people pointed out that they would do before the move. push content but without quality insurance there is required. G1 had a the GMs testing patches first, then a second wave with the Test Monkeys. If both said good for the patch then it would pushed, otherwise it would be sent back to DE for fixing. That meant that all major bugs got removed and only a few minor ones could slip through.

Leo

Leo

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4877 posts
  • Joined 01-June 09

It's Leo! *fangasm*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
*swoon*

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

*swoon*

Of course, you might scare him off again if you give him too much attention.

switchview

switchview

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Joined 10-June 08
I still pop in from time to time hoping G1 picks something awesome up in the future or for some miracle warrock returns.

No idea if anyone remembers me but I've been around since shortly after WR BETA.
Posted Image
<3 Warrock Forever | SwitchView - Level 48 - Retired WR 6 Year Veteran

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

I still pop in from time to time hoping G1 picks something awesome up in the future or for some miracle warrock returns.

No idea if anyone remembers me but I've been around since shortly after WR BETA.

The question is if they actually want WR back now that Nexon has messed it up, as it is likely to bring quite a bit of the negative from Nexon over here as well.

Sure some will remember you.

Sh0tgunman

Sh0tgunman

U got Sh0t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 04-June 09
Im a bit late to this party, but oh well. Logged in for the first time in over a year and it's pretty weird seeing the forums as empty as they are now. I managed to get a closed beta key, loved it and soon became active on the forums. I miss the Diva and Hyperion days. Good times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users