Photo

Anyone still here from the Hyperion, Pixel, Nemico age?

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08
Which reminded me to ask. What sort of changes did Nexon make to Warrock after they got a hold of it?

Posted Image

According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09
There are less lags (at least for Europeans); vote kick in FFA; hackshield has been updated to version "pro"; weekly bans; clan system (since 24th october) + new content and many new weapons ofc. They said they're working on frame lags fix but the time will show..

Posted Image

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
Overall, they run things differently over there. Not to mention it appears as if they like to hire people to run the game with the English skills of a 15 year old, which to say the least is quite annoying.
I wasn't expecting a clan system from them though. I have to give it to them, they seem like they are more productive compared to G1.

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

No he's not. I'm pretty sure he's given up on the game, as most of us have.

Read again ;) Not saying anything about it being War Rock, saying "War Rock like" aka somewhat clone like with some of the features that people like.

"A hero has fallen which will be missed by all those whose lives he touched." - Korgoth, 2010

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get me." - David Pimm

Well... I hate VISARA now!!!!

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08

Read again ;) Not saying anything about it being War Rock, saying "War Rock like" aka somewhat clone like with some of the features that people like.

What? Are you talking about Battlefield? Pssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh N.e.v.e.r lol

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

What? Are you talking about Battlefield? Pssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh N.e.v.e.r lol

In that case it would be more like Team Fortress 2, since that had quite a few fun elements :P

"A hero has fallen which will be missed by all those whose lives he touched." - Korgoth, 2010

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get me." - David Pimm

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
#warrock IRC logs from years ago are a bittersweet read. Those were good times.

Chakra

Chakra

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3397 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
Muchos screenshots still on my external drive. Ah, the good ol' days.

I support the "Save the Vowels" movement. Please, type out your words.

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08
There should be an irc quote topic around somewhere in here, just haven't seen it since it got unpinned.

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
It's just a hop, skip, and a Search away!

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

It's just a hop, skip, and a Search away!

It is most of the time, however I was just mentioning it in the regard of you reminiscing :P

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09
Why is G1 adding new games as a "second publisher"? Why won't they just buy a license for publishing a new game? I mean these new games supported by G1 like War INC.; MNC and premiered today - World Of Battles? Are they even getting any profit from it?...

Posted Image

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08
They will most likely get a small profit if the payment for those games are done through the G1 marketplace, however to which extend none know other than those in G1 marketing.

quatrevert

quatrevert

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Joined 08-October 12
If I am correct, they have been in the past solely publishing games licensed by developers (WR, KOL, GE...).

Now they seem to innovate in a new direction to offer games that G1/Reloaded wholly developed (Hailan Rising), purchased and redeveloped (APB:R, Taikodom, Fallen Earth) and distributed in partnership with the developers (War Inc., SMNC, WoB).

One of the benefits I see to distribute games like War Inc. is the exposure. "War Inc." on Google puts G1 on the first page, there are links to G1 on the official websites, the communities talk about G1 on their forums, etc...

Edited by quatrevert, 02 November 2012 - 11:24 AM.

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
I'm pretty sure this whole hosting games like War Inc. thing has existed for a while now (under the name K2 Connect or similar), but probably only got some real traction after G1 established itself as something long-running and stable as a whole.

They didn't have a development team in the past which hindered their ability to provide for their customers (War Rock), leading to quite a few problems aside from some of the other ones that developed later on. Following the Reloaded Games merger they have their own in-house dev team which is doing wonders for APB:R's ability to implement community feedback directly rather than acting as a middleman between the (largely English speaking) community and the former (largely Asian - leading to language barriers and other obstacles) licensed developers.

The way they're going now is an interesting path to take and I'm curious to see how it pans out in the long run.

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08
I just wish that there would be some FPS in the G1 catalogue once more, I tried APB but it isn't really the spirit of FPS as I see it and the other two are just cross provider promotions and not really G1 games. I do play MNC, the original one and not the F2P one once a while, but that is over Steam when I need to do something other than the usual games.

Guess only time will tell if they get something which will blow me away once more.

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
I think the same goes for most of us. The demand for a G1 FPS is there, will they deliver?

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

I think the same goes for most of us. The demand for a G1 FPS is there, will they deliver?

Depends a lot on if they want to get one or not, I was thinking that the APB crew might be somewhat available for making one on the side, now that APB seems to be stabilised. It would after all be a shame to let them just be a maintenance crew :P

Chakra

Chakra

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3397 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
Rock War: Past Warfare!

I support the "Save the Vowels" movement. Please, type out your words.

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

Depends a lot on if they want to get one or not, I was thinking that the APB crew might be somewhat available for making one on the side, now that APB seems to be stabilised. It would after all be a shame to let them just be a maintenance crew :P

Reloaded Games is already a pretty small team and they have their hands overflowing past full with APB:R work. There's no way they can get another entire new game made from scratch and they're far from doing simply maintenance work.

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

Reloaded Games is already a pretty small team and they have their hands overflowing past full with APB:R work. There's no way they can get another entire new game made from scratch and they're far from doing simply maintenance work.

Well first you say everything goes smoothly over there and then you say that they are overburdened :P I still think that they could do with a pet FPS project over there ;)

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

Well first you say everything goes smoothly over there and then you say that they are overburdened :P I still think that they could do with a pet FPS project over there ;)

It can still run smoothly with people hard at work over there. I think the point is that they already have their hands full making it run smooth, so adding another FPS to develop from scratch would be quite the burden.

Posted Image

According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

It can still run smoothly with people hard at work over there. I think the point is that they already have their hands full making it run smooth, so adding another FPS to develop from scratch would be quite the burden.

What he said.

It's running much more smoothly than War Rock ever did when it comes to patches and support/community interaction (with implementation). That said, the game does have its rougher patches but all in all it's going along quite well.

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

But it would also give them new ideas at the same time, see it more as a sandbox which might become a game, but will provide things there can alter their current game at the same time.

Then again it would require a new game engine, since the FPS part in APB is somewhat sluggish, meaning that the engine from there wouldn't be optimal for it.

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
Actually, Unreal Engine was purpose-built for Unreal Tournament and small-scale arena/map-based FPS games. It's APB that's ill-fitted to the engine, with its large city maps and countless server-side entities to track and manage (boxes, barrels, Living City with cars/civilians/prop interactions/pathfinding/reactions, player/item tracking, the massive amount of customizations on players/cars/sprays, etc.), giving us some of the persistent performance issues we have.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
Quinzel, Linus, Calimaestro, Napalm, Korlash myself and other Admins are still around :) Including Tristan and Maximus!

Posted Image
Here's a never before seen pic of the chaos of those days and you can see where the War Rock community was run. lol I no longer sit there ;)

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Check out the Official APB Reloaded Facebook, and Youtube pages!
Play "Name That APB" on Twitter!

Darksinger

Darksinger

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6109 posts
  • Joined 24-March 09

and Maximus!

That one must be muted or something, not a single peep from that one.

"Slipping into the dark recess of the mind one falls deeply into the core of all terrors as it can only rest within,
so dance on the edge of madness as the misery spread through the empty void of the life which can be felt,
no more dreams of purity as innocence is lost on the altar dripping with the blood of lost youth spend in pain,
finally a light within as the raven cry in frustration against the slow decline of humanity in a world of hunger."
- Darksinger

quatrevert

quatrevert

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Joined 08-October 12
Hello Jericho

Here's a never before seen pic of the chaos of those days and you can see where the War Rock community was run. lol I no longer sit there ;)

In the picture, is the pile made of War Rock retail boxes? or maybe letters from fans? :P

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

Hello Jericho

In the picture, is the pile made of War Rock retail boxes? or maybe letters from fans? :P

Actually, those are the FA-MAS boxes that they sold for about 100$ back in early 2010.

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

Actually, those are the FA-MAS boxes that they sold for about 100$ back in early 2010.

One of the reasons I was glad I caved and picked up a retail box early on, when they were only ~$30. Even if you didn't like the weapon, the 8th slot items and premium made it worth it. Plus it's never a bad thing to have an extra weapon when you're running low on ammo.

Posted Image

quatrevert

quatrevert

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Joined 08-October 12

Ahh I see! These were expensive compared to the AI_AW retail in 2008. I preferred to use the M24 anyway, it worked well in many situations.

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

One of the reasons I was glad I caved and picked up a retail box early on, when they were only ~$30. Even if you didn't like the weapon, the 8th slot items and premium made it worth it. Plus it's never a bad thing to have an extra weapon when you're running low on ammo.

You missed out on the hoodie though :P

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09
Jericho, you want to tell us that you have your own office now?

:troll_face:

Posted Image

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

Jericho, you want to tell us that you have your own office now?

:troll_face:

It is called a toilet booth, that is the only place they have their own office for a while :P Other than that they most likely sit in small cubicles still.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09

toilet booth, that is the only place they have their own office for a while :P

lol

I don't have much fancy stuff to show but if we get something new like more retail boxes or possible g1 merchandise, I'll post it :HarHarHar:

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Check out the Official APB Reloaded Facebook, and Youtube pages!
Play "Name That APB" on Twitter!

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08
I see how it is, now you have more retail boxes.

Posted Image

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

I don't have much fancy stuff to show but if we get something new like more retail boxes or possible g1 merchandise, I'll post it :HarHarHar:

You'd better get some merch made.

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

You'd better get some merch made.

APB nerf weapons for sale?

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

APB nerf weapons for sale?

Who needs those when you have the real equivalents to some of the APB weapons already? :P

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15663 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

Who needs those when you have the real equivalents to some of the APB weapons already? :P

Perhaps those who wants to shoot their friends without actually killing them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users