Quinzel

Quinzel

APB Producer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Joined 17-February 09
Dear APB Community,

We are aware there have been many concerns about the recent updates to the APB Credit Counter. Because community feedback is very important to us we are taking steps to correct our mistakes that have upset the community.

The messaging we put forth to the community last week for the APB Credit Counter update was poorly phrased. The update included a 5,000 G1C Credit Counter that rewards 15 Day Premium and a 12,000 G1C Credit Counter that rewards the Colby M1922 'Typewriter' MK3. We incorrectly presented these two Credit Counters as “limited time” promotions and therefore made people feel pressured into spending G1 Credits. Our intentions are definitely not to pressure anyone and we want to clarify that these Credit Counters are meant to be long-term not time-sensitive.

To that end we apologize for the miscommunication and want to clarify the correct messaging at this time. The APB Credit Counter is first and foremost a loyalty rewards program. The goal has always been to have a way to thank supporters for investing into APB Reloaded.

In the vein of rewarding loyalty, we are working right now to implement a retro-active credit towards those two new Credit Counters. Purchases made since the beginning of this month, starting August 1st, 2012 12:00 AM PDT (7 AM GMT), will apply towards both the 15 Day Premium Credit Counter and the Colby M1922 'Typewriter' MK3 Credit Counter. This retro-active credit towards the two new Credit Counters is something that we are working very hard to implement as soon as possible. We will update the community once everything has been completed.

Once again we apologize for the incorrect messaging and we want to thank our supporters again for their passion for APB Reloaded.

Thank you,

Quinzel
Associate Producer - APB Reloaded
  • Gobbers, Pylat, Niuva.net and 7 others like this
G1 Quinzel
Producer - APB Reloaded

Follow me on Twitter

EgoSins

EgoSins

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11
Thanks for clearing the air with the credit counter.

GuzziHero

GuzziHero

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2086 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11
Cool!

Any chance of having the creators have a look at my thread here?

http://forums.gamers...armas-spenders/

I'd love an ARMAS themed outfit and I think something like this could be a bit of encouragement for those who invest in this game.
Ex-player. Wish I could play again, I just can't.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
That's a good thread Guzzi, I recommend you place further suggestions into the Suggestions Forum. We want to keep this thread open for on topic discussion.

Thanks!
  • Pylat and NZT48 like this

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Check out the Official APB Reloaded Facebook, and Youtube pages!
Play "Name That APB" on Twitter!

Imaginary

Imaginary

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12
This is good. I am pleased to see that there was some progress regarding this situation. It's apreciated.
However, let me just add something. I think, and mind, this is me, but I think that the retro-active range should go beyound the last month (July, June, May, etc). Eitherway, I think this matter already gave everyone a lot to read and discuss and I certainly do not intend to feed it more.

Edited by Imaginary, 30 August 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Gobbers

Gobbers

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Joined 04-July 11
Apology accepted.

Now fix the rest of armas, like the messed up pricing with the car bundles (I'm looking at the kurai uber bundle here) and the eternal sleuth pack AND then start regular updates again. Yep, that would shut me up for some time.

GO SLEUTH GO!

Edited by Gobbers, 30 August 2012 - 04:43 PM.

• Dag-Dag likes this

EgoSins

EgoSins

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11

but I think that the retro-active range should go beyound the last month (July, June, May, etc).

I agree with this, the most I spent was during July and june of this year.

PeterF

PeterF

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6275 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Purchases made since the beginning of this month, starting August 1st, 2012 12:00 AM PDT (7 AM GMT), will apply towards[...]

So, to further clarify, are you saying that only the last month will count towards this retroactivity?

Edited by PeterF, 30 August 2012 - 05:04 PM.

Posted Image

Post the gosh darnin imagine you surprise. Post it or stfu and quit talking mommy and having my alts banned you pathetic gosh darn.

Mini rage collage (NSFW) Gold tactics (video)

Nysyth

Nysyth

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Well a months worth of retroactivity is a start. That covers everyone who bought schoolgirl & highlander packs.

Founder and Leader of the Ponies of War Gaming Community

Server: Colby (NA West) Enforcer: Chrysalis - Criminal: Trixxxy

Whoah.

Whoah.

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 27-August 12
Not retroactive enough, but it's a start I guess
  • Killerela and Stochastic like this

dreamss

dreamss

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4871 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10
while this is a great start, you guys might wanna think about non100% retroactive rewards from before that. imo :/ so people who have purchased WHAT THEY NEED have a good starting point to get the item they want

1month =100% reward
2= 80%
3=60%
4=40%
5=20%
6=10%
7=10%
..=10%
cb=15%

Edited by dreamss, 30 August 2012 - 05:25 PM.

• Genobee, Gobbers, poochyena and 2 others like this

Come chat (or flame) in the APB Official IRC Channel

"Hello, gentlemen. I have come to take your lives" - 110000+ QQs

FlatHeead

FlatHeead

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/293159-a-possible-reward-for-us-big-armas-spenders/

I'd love an ARMAS themed outfit and I think something like this could be a bit of encouragement for those who invest in this game.

Awesome idea!
(but I would maybe replace some rewards :P)

Edited by FlatHead, 30 August 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Excuse my bad English,please!

Posted Image

Pistolero

Pistolero

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 08-March 11
Great idea. Thanks for giving us credit back g1! Oh hey maybe my post won't get deleted this time but how about just selling the gun by itself? JUST A SUGGESTION.

iPlumbum

iPlumbum

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2018 posts
  • Joined 04-July 11
The retro-active credit should count all purchases made on that account since it was made and reward accordingly, Then I'll be impressed.

Not just 1 month were people probably didnt spend anything.
  • DarkPariah, Schmerz, Killerela and 4 others like this

Imaginary

Imaginary

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12

The retro-active credit should count all purchases made on that account since it was made and reward accordingly, Then I'll be impressed.

Not just 1 month were people probably didnt spend anything.

Precisely.

dreamss

dreamss

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4871 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10
i would call it bad business practice when make it hard for the customer base to trust you or make it hard for us to convince ourself that this is a sound purchase

make premium better for people who are at endgame (215) maybe give premium a joker ticket boost or alloance
make armas weapons upgradeable for a fee. ie pr1 to pr2 variants (who is gonna buy 2 of the same weapon)
make bundles that award extra credit, with new items that people have not seen

there are people who WANT to spend money but don't have anything to purchase.

Edited by dreamss, 30 August 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Genobee

Genobee

Ascended

• San Paro City Council
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4082 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11
Not a bad compromise. This does show that you guys are willing to listen. Then do what you can to work with us. However I have a bad feeling that only offering it for the past few weeks is still going to leave a number of players upset. Given the recent armas updates being sub-par to what you typically deliver. No offense intended of course. Not everything can be a Picasso. Has to be something that doesn't quite measure up here and there.

That said: thanks for doing what you can. You've admitted to making a mistake. You did what you could to rectify the issue to the players benefit. Leagues ahead of EA, NCsoft, and a few others whom think "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" is a valid business strategy.

Heh. Just saw a freaking hilarious clip I cannot help but post in here:

^ that crazy lemon seems to reflect the forum goers opinions quite nicely. Doesn't it? :P

Edited by Genobee, 30 August 2012 - 06:12 PM.

• Cingal and Braddus like this

How to apply for SPCT || New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

<SPCM>Still having trouble learning the ropes? Toss me a PM! I'll gladly give you a hand!

フリルネックトカゲ

Pistolero

Pistolero

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 08-March 11

i would call it bad business practice when make it hard for the customer base to trust you or make it hard for us to convince ourself that this is a sound purchase

make premium better for people who are at endgame (215) maybe give premium a joker ticket boost or alloance
make armas weapons upgradeable for a fee. ie pr1 to pr2 variants (who is gonna buy 2 of the same weapon)
make bundles that award extra credit, with new items that people have not seen

there are people who WANT to spend money but don't have anything to purchase.

Agreed. Better premium benefits would be nice.

Also, I like the idea of bonus stuff after so many purchases... the only problem is when you own half the armas items already... it's tough to dump another $120 (or w/e it is...) for a gun/items that most people would just buy if it was sold by itself.

Stochastic

Stochastic

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1266 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
Most of my purchases were made before the start of August and the only stuff I bought in August was a few joker boxes with left over credits. So while the partial about turn is nice I guess in practical terms it means pretty much nothing to me.

PeterF

PeterF

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6275 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

However I have a bad feeling that only offering it for the past few weeks is still going to leave a number of players upset

I hate to complain after the G1 guys decided to do something with our feedback, but disregarding 15 months of loyalty instead of 16 doesn't make a huge ammount of difference in the grand scheme of things.
  • Whoah. likes this

Posted Image

Post the gosh darnin imagine you surprise. Post it or stfu and quit talking mommy and having my alts banned you pathetic gosh darn.

Mini rage collage (NSFW) Gold tactics (video)

dreamss

dreamss

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4871 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10
call me crazy but would it be to much to have a credit multiplier based on how long the player has been a customers or how long they hard premium?? (with cap?) this would target people who have purchases a ton of armas AND encourage people to not get banned

also... from what i hear armas updates has been scarce lately

Edited by dreamss, 30 August 2012 - 06:13 PM.

Genobee

Genobee

Ascended

• San Paro City Council
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4082 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

I hate to complain after the G1 guys decided to do something with our feedback, but disregarding 15 months of loyalty instead of 16 doesn't make a huge ammount of difference in the grand scheme of things.

I do not know where I stand on this. I can understand it, and yet I am still displeased over this matter.

Although I have to give them credit for at least trying. Even if it is not quite enough.

How to apply for SPCT || New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

<SPCM>Still having trouble learning the ropes? Toss me a PM! I'll gladly give you a hand!

フリルネックトカゲ

Gobbers

Gobbers

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Joined 04-July 11

I still remember when techmech revoked those free 10 day premium codes for everyone because they were ment for new players only - later he changed his tune to "its because of the evil gold farmers" or maybe it was the other way around. Doesn't matter - the last few days have been pretty much down that path too: Hello new players, screw you old players.
Techmech promised that he will make it up to us and nothing ever came of it. Quinzel at least apologized. That counts for something.

The problem is, how retroactive can this event become? The last credit counter promo wasn't really retroactive either. Whats the difference now? Was it wrong back then too?

Reconciling the benefits for the old players with the benefits for the new players seems pretty difficult. The dilemma is, by setting the counter to an amount that allows for reasonable awards for old players, they end up setting them so high that new players will despair. If they set them too low or go back too far, they can hand out most of their credit counter stuff to the old players for free - now and during future promos too.
Dreamss suggestions seems quite reasonable.

Edited by Gobbers, 30 August 2012 - 06:36 PM.

Mozaik Role

Mozaik Role

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 30-March 10
best gun ever!!
Gr3nadier |Colby, AceShot | Colby
Check out my Themes

FM77

FM77

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
so... if u went for it u can only get 1 and put on 1 char.......

Stochastic

Stochastic

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1266 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12

The problem is, how retroactive can this event become? The last credit counter promo wasn't really retroactive either. Whats the difference now? Was it wrong back then too?

Well it wasn't an issue before because the amounts needed to fill the counter were just a lot smaller. I only want like 2 things on the store other than more premium. Assuming I bought them I would still need to buy something like 12 months of premium to get close to the 12k needed. So yeah, unreachable goal for me.

edit and yeah I bought like loads of things before. Its not like my past purchases consist of a hat and I'm only playing with apb buck bought weapons.

Edited by Stochastic, 30 August 2012 - 06:36 PM.

Genobee

Genobee

Ascended

• San Paro City Council
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4082 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11
In theory a retroactive credit counter could act as a "veteran reward" package for players as they spend money. It would encourage both new and old players to stay around and spend money over time.
  • CapricaSix likes this

フリルネックトカゲ

CHINOboy

CHINOboy

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12
Really sometimes you just need to admit that you screw up...

It shows that you actually care about the "community" of APB... i hope we'll get some regular rewards ....

Please stop this torture and just gimme gimme Posted Image

| Obeya (EU-1) | Criminal: CHINOboy | Enforcer: AgentePSP1 | Gold |

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

YumaKirosaki

YumaKirosaki

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts
  • Joined 25-November 09
Well, this is complicated. On one hand, I'm very glad to see that someone is listening and that there will be some awards given to people who bought items before the event started. It also seems that complaining about it is "being spoiled" in the old "If you give a mouse a cookie..." idea. On the other hand, PeterF's statement rings true, and it seems like a small compromise.

My issues with the whole event aren't resolved yet, but as I said before: I still believe in this game. Let's see where we go from here until the end of this year.

Posted Image

"I want it all. You're not stopping me from having it."                    "I'm not letting the past happen again. This ends here."  

= My Graphics Thread [Updated 1/17/2014] =

Evita Says So.

Evita Says So.

Elite

• San Paro City Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1805 posts
  • Joined 12-February 12
August 1st is nice, but it doesn't really do much for me, considering most of my purchases were in March and July.

Oh well.
  • Imaginary likes this
Posted Image

DominaLupus

DominaLupus

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Joined 11-October 11
Sorry but I'm going to be Negative Nancy here and say not good enough. You want me to buy more from you and to help support a game I enjoy more. Then you need to do more. One month retro is not good enough in my eyes. Three utterly crappy Armas updates in three weeks and even less before then, You need to do more. You really want to show me that you are listening to us the customer base then damn it show that you are listening and release the god damn Dolton Fresno kits. Make the pricing more fair between the School girl packs or bring up the amount of items in the School girl pack to match that of the Goth school girl pack.
  • Cingal, gogol, Stochastic and 1 other like this
Please bring back the ability to color text posts, White hurts my eyes. Bob's your uncle.

Imaginary

Imaginary

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12

Reconciling the benefits for the old players with the benefits for the new players seems pretty difficult. The dilemma is, by setting the counter to an amount that allows for reasonable awards for old players, they end up setting them so high that new players will despair. If they set them too low or go back too far, they can hand out most of their credit counter stuff to the old players for free - now and during future promos too.
Dreamss suggestions seems quite reasonable.

Hm, I am not sure I understand. How exactly is it unfair or will make new players dispair if a token of apreciation is given to the old players who used a lot of money in the game? I don't think this is about reconciling benefits between old and new players. Old players were merely asking for their investments to have some sort of "thank you" while new players can always benefit from this and further credit-counter promotions should they spend as much as the old ones did (this is, ofcourse, considering that what is currently at stake is not out of reach for anyone). But perhaps I misunderstood you.

gogol

gogol

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1516 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11
Its a good step in the right direction, but sadly, not enough. At least you guys are considering it tho, so that kinda makes me less disappointed :)

Dexd

Dexd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12
It's great that you're taking the communities response into consideration, but the vast majority of the players that have given their feedback have bought most of their stuff prior to August 2012.

Maybe if it went back to August 2011 you'd get a much happier reaction.

Like others have said, it's great that we're making progress but it's still not at a point where it actually feels like you're thanking loyal players that have purchased Armas items.
  • Imaginary likes this

dreamss

dreamss

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4871 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10
people who mass bought boxes for nano when it came out are not eligible for this right?

Imaginary

Imaginary

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12

people who mass bought boxes for nano when it came out are not eligible for this right?

So far, the only eligible people are those who made purchases during the month, but it would only make sense if mass box purchases also counted. I can't see why they wouldn't since those also cost money.

DWMFlame

DWMFlame

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
August 1st is FINE.....what? you want EVERYONE to have the gun? then EVERYONE will be rolling around with the tommygun?....think about it people...it is your own fault you didn't spend any credits or not enough in august....

NZT48

NZT48

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts
  • Joined 13-July 12
Between this, getting a Reaper the day it was released and finding out that it's going to be buffed, all of my discontent towards you has been reversed, G1.

Xazur

Xazur

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 28-January 09
So peoples goal now is to look at their purchases this month and take 12000 subtract it by the amount and spend the rest of it by tomorrow to take advantage of the 20% rebate. And by the time g1 fixes stuff you will have a tommy gun. Oh since your at it G1, make the gun account wide that would show us your appreciation.

Edited by Xazur, 30 August 2012 - 10:04 PM.

GamersFirst Rules and Guidelines
5. a. Signature sizes should be no more than 500 pixels wide and no more than 120 pixels tall.
Posted Image
An additional 3 lines of reasonably sized horizontal text are permitted.

CrakaRob

CrakaRob

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Joined 06-March 12
Its a start, but still people like myself, and many others have said that there is not much for us to spend money on any more at this point. In the past month you guys have released what, 2 armas packs, and a 4th joker box. This may solve the problem for someone who started the game maybe 2 months ago, but for people playing 5+ months like myself don't have very much more to get. Oh well, still no tommy gun for me.

Let me clarify here as to why I feel that is an unfair compromise. This makes me feel unappreciated as a high paying customer. In the past month I have only spent 300 G1C, but in total over the course of 5 or so months I have spent over 50,000 G1C (probably closer to the 60,000+ end seeing as I stopped counting because I lost track at 53,000) Now the only way you are able to get this item, is by spending another $150. This is an item I really want and have been waiting months for, but I'm obviously not going to get it because your trying to roll it into a gimmick to make more money. Normally I don't try and call you guys out on stuff like this but, I'll put it as straight forward as I can. This is bullshoot that your going to put an exclusive item up and make the only way of acquiring it a credit counter, especially as a $150 reward. Not to mention the piss poor job with recent armas updates. If your going to have some half assed event to try and get people to support the game, don't mommy on your already dissapointed faithful and loyal community while doing so.

I have never once called Gamersfirst "GamersFirst" or any of that childish mommy that people normally do. BUT this credit counter is such an obvious ploy to get people to spend money on armas its not even funny. I understand you need money to run the game but if you need money, produce some armas content instead of putting out almost nothing for a month, and make people want to support the game. All this has done is push me further away from wanting to spend money.

If your wondering, Yes, I am kind of mad about this. I supported the hell out of this game, spoke nothing but good of it, and shared it with all of my close friends. I'm trying to keep this as constructive as possible for you guys, so sorry if my anger and disappointment shows in some areas of the post.

K rants over.

Edited by CrakaRob, 30 August 2012 - 10:35 PM.

Posted Image
Two 4gb Kingston Hyper-X 4gb 1600 MHZ DDR3 - Intel I5-3570k 3.4 GHZ
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Mobo - EVGA Superclocked Nvidia GTX 680 2gb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users