22 replies to this topic

Parker2012

Parker2012

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11
Im a lot better with the Ntec as of right now, only used the CR-5 back when it first came out for 3 hours and have used a day or so on the latest gold plated cr-5 from FC last week. So far much better with the ntec. That being said, i have 1-2 unlocked 2-3 slot ntecs already ingame.

Mods used:

NTEC = Mag pull 3 / Tagger / EMPTY (i will never change these mods so dont bother talking about it :P)

CR-5 = Hunting Sight 1 / Heavy Barrel 2 / Mag Pull 3 (open for suggestions on mods, that being said i cant stand Hunting sight 3)

From what ive noticed being a very experienced NTEC user from early months in APB:R Beta the ntec and cr-5 are definitely NOT the same weapon. Ntec's reticles come closer together when in crouch & marksmen mode, the CR-5 is more like the a joker carbine as for its reticles.

That being said, I plan to purchase one before the patch. Buy an ntec even though i only use 2 of 3 slots and can get the weapon anytime ingame (18k+ ingame cash) or get the CR-5 even though im not as good because I wont have the option to just buy it.

#THOUGHTS

Moosh N Twist

Moosh N Twist

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3868 posts
  • Joined 26-July 11

Im a lot better with the Ntec as of right now, only used the CR-5 back when it first came out for 3 hours and have used a day or so on the latest gold plated cr-5 from FC last week. So far much better with the ntec. That being said, i have 1-2 unlocked 2-3 slot ntecs already ingame.

Mods used:

NTEC = Mag pull 3 / Tagger / EMPTY (i will never change these mods so dont bother talking about it :P)

CR-5 = Hunting Sight 1 / Heavy Barrel 2 / Mag Pull 3 (open for suggestions on mods, that being said i cant stand Hunting sight 3)

From what ive noticed being a very experienced NTEC user from early months in APB:R Beta the ntec and cr-5 are definitely NOT the same weapon. Ntec's reticles come closer together when in crouch & marksmen mode, the CR-5 is more like the a joker carbine as for its reticles.

That being said, I plan to purchase one before the patch. Buy an ntec even though i only use 2 of 3 slots and can get the weapon anytime ingame (18k+ ingame cash) or get the CR-5 even though im not as good because I wont have the option to just buy it.

#THOUGHTS

You really feel that way about the recticle? I can't really tell but I did notice with no HS on either Ntec or CR-5 the Ntec was more reliable for me. Kind of regretting purchasing the CR-5 because there are times where I know I am dead on the guy but still can't seem to get a hitmarker. I feel like the CR-5 has less recoil though for sure, or maybe its just the sound of the gun being softer so im getting some kind of mental thing going on.

Either way, I sort of prefer the Ntec even though I have a perma CR-5. But I still use both.

-Put anthrax on a Tampax and slap you till you can't stand-

NSJDawg

NSJDawg

Retired Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
  • Joined 13-November 10
Um.. they are Identical weapons........stats wise.

Posted Image

APB:R Mod|SPCC|SPCT|SPCM

Curiosity was framed. - Hezeki

Halorin

Halorin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1959 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11
Well.. Hate to break it to you, but the NTEC and the CR-5 are the exact same gun. They use the same information. The only difference is the model and the sound. Personally, I use CJ3, MP3, and Mobility Sling. Hard to use anything else after getting used to that loadout.

#THEMOREYOUKNOW
Posted Image
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent
"We’re getting rolling with the HUD in game very soon. It’s something that we want to have at either the end of the year or very early on in next year." -Jotunblut, 9/6/2013, Reloaded Productions' definition of very soon is at least 3 months, confirmed.

NSJDawg

NSJDawg

Retired Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
  • Joined 13-November 10

Well.. Hate to break it to you, but the NTEC and the CR-5 are the exact same gun. They use the same information. The only difference is the model and the sound. Personally, I use CJ3, MP3, and Mobility Sling. Hard to use anything else after getting used to that loadout.

#THEMOREYOUKNOW

PWNT :troll_face:

Posted Image

APB:R Mod|SPCC|SPCT|SPCM

Curiosity was framed. - Hezeki

Thebandito

Thebandito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11

#THOUGHTS

nope.avi
go on her channle and search cr-5 vs ntec. its the same gun

Edited by Thebandito, 27 June 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image

Moosh N Twist

Moosh N Twist

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3868 posts
  • Joined 26-July 11
Interesting, maybe it's just a comfort level. I used the Ntec for around 70% of my time playing APB and maybe I am just really more comfortable with the weapon even though they are the same. Idk, but I struggle with my CR-5 when I was dominating with my Ntec less than a week prior to buying it.

-Put anthrax on a Tampax and slap you till you can't stand-

AdaReinhardt

AdaReinhardt

Respected

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

AdaReinhardt (NA West)|AdaReinhardt (NA East)
How To Submit A Support Ticket
Community Guidelines

Parker2012

Parker2012

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11

#THEMOREYOUKNOW

Definitely not true. They are not the EXACT same gun. A lot of people say that. If this was true, which its not I would be very good with the weapon seeing how im very good with the ntec. Stats maybe the same, but that doesnt include reticles nor bullet patterns. If you really dont believe me go pull out an ntec, go marksmen mode and crouch down, fire the same exact distance at someone very far away and then repeat using a cr-5. They do not shoo the same patters nor is the cr-5 pin point accurate at great distances. Bullet vs bullet.

Getting back to the original topic, which to buy, suggestions?

sleepinginsomniac

sleepinginsomniac

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Joined 27-May 11
Psychologically i'm more comfortable with the n-tec, it's sound is just better and due to my CS days i'm more able to control its recoil as I expect it, it's all in my head and I've done similar things with both guns, but I wildly prefer the N-tec at this point due tot his realization.
I want a cat who doesn't pee on my computer.

Halorin

Halorin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1959 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11

Definitely not true. They are not the EXACT same gun. A lot of people say that. If this was true, which its not I would be very good with the weapon seeing how im very good with the ntec. Stats maybe the same, but that doesnt include reticles nor bullet patterns. If you really dont believe me go pull out an ntec, go marksmen mode and crouch down, fire the same exact distance at someone very far away and then repeat using a cr-5. They do not shoo the same patters nor is the cr-5 pin point accurate at great distances. Bullet vs bullet.

Getting back to the original topic, which to buy, suggestions?

Hey, man. You're welcome to believe what you want, but I'll believe the above video and Reveomag himself over anything you have to say.

I prefer the look and sound of the CR-5. I never played with the NTEC because I just couldn't stand the aesthetics around it.

Edited by Halorin, 27 June 2012 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent
"We’re getting rolling with the HUD in game very soon. It’s something that we want to have at either the end of the year or very early on in next year." -Jotunblut, 9/6/2013, Reloaded Productions' definition of very soon is at least 3 months, confirmed.

Morphix

Morphix

Veteran Moderator

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09
The CR-5 pulls from the N-tec's stats, it is functionally the same weapon. The model and audio change tends to have a placebo effect on people. But, and this has been said way more than enough, they are the same weapon, not one stat different from the other, because they share the same files.

To get back on topic:
I myself prefer the CR-5 model to the N-tec. That's all this boils down to. Which weapon model do you prefer between the two?

Parker2012

Parker2012

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11

Hey, man. You're welcome to believe what you want, but I'll believe the above video and Reveomag himself over anything you have to say.

I prefer the look and sound of the CR-5. I never played with the NTEC because I just couldn't stand the aesthetics around it.

thanks, i rechecked something and noticed that they do in fact have the same "pin point" accuracy

Parker2012

Parker2012

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11

The CR-5 pulls from the N-tec's stats, it is functionally the same weapon. The model and audio change tends to have a placebo effect on people. But, and this has been said way more than enough, they are the same weapon, not one stat different from the other, because they share the same files.

To get back on topic:
I myself prefer the CR-5 model to the N-tec. That's all this boils down to. Which weapon model do you prefer between the two?

i guess im used to the NTEC sound, the deeper sound compared to the higher pitch cr5

Iucy

Iucy

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11
CR-5 master race.

Posted Image

Saikozou

Saikozou

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Joined 22-November 11
You say you played better with the ntec. As said above, exactly the same gun, but there are a few differences;

-For you, the mods. That'd be what makes you "better" with the ntec.
-Audio. The gun "feels" different, which makes players use it differently.

That's it. Those are the only differences that actually really matter.

Personally, I say go for the CR-5 just because it's special.
If the N-TEC had a wood stock, I would buy it hands down.

Posted Image
[Saikozou | EverFlow | **?**] Joker NA East
http://bit.ly/APBVote | http://bit.ly/APBMissions

hotcops

hotcops

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2895 posts
  • Joined 26-June 11
You're using different mods in each and then saying the guns are different. They aren't. This has been explained by mods and by players many times before.

♠♣

Xazur

Xazur

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 28-January 09
I have perm CR5 which I bought for the hell of it, but i've been playing with Ntec for a while now, and I prefer the NTEC. I am personally influenced by the placebo effect, I like the model and sound of the NTEC better than the CR5, I dislike the long barrel on the CR5. But a major difference I notice when I use NTEC compared to CR5 is my on target shot placement. I am able to fire the NTEC at cyclic rate allowing me to land multiple hits at 100% accuracy, with the CR5 I am usually off.

I asked G1 if I could change my CR5 for a NTEC, they said no : (

GamersFirst Rules and Guidelines
5. a. Signature sizes should be no more than 500 pixels wide and no more than 120 pixels tall.
Posted Image
An additional 3 lines of reasonably sized horizontal text are permitted.

Saikozou

Saikozou

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Joined 22-November 11

I have perm CR5 which I bought for the hell of it, but i've been playing with Ntec for a while now, and I prefer the NTEC. I am personally influenced by the placebo effect, I like the model and sound of the NTEC better than the CR5, I dislike the long barrel on the CR5. But a major difference I notice when I use NTEC compared to CR5 is my on target shot placement. I am able to fire the NTEC at cyclic rate allowing me to land multiple hits at 100% accuracy, with the CR5 I am usually off.

I asked G1 if I could change my CR5 for a NTEC, they said no : (

I'm legitimately proud of you for realizing that it's a placebo effect.
And no I'm not mocking you. I'm mocking everyone who doesn't :3

Posted Image

killerskull

killerskull

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5217 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11
HAte the cr-5 icon. It looks like a golden stick. The NTEC looks better and sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the cr5.
Killer OSAMAS BACK TO APB!!!!!!

Posted Image

Density

Density

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 19-May 12
Cr-5 is a reskinned n-tec so.....
Posted Image

Xazur

Xazur

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 28-January 09
Same stats, still prefer NTEC. Though i'd probably like CR5 if they fixed up the weapon model used and maybe a better shooting sound. The CR5 honestly does looking like a friken stick. CR5 hockey anyone?

GamersFirst Rules and Guidelines
5. a. Signature sizes should be no more than 500 pixels wide and no more than 120 pixels tall.
Posted Image
An additional 3 lines of reasonably sized horizontal text are permitted.

Saikozou

Saikozou

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Joined 22-November 11
I think the CR-5 should have a longer mag.
I'd like it if that was the case.

However I still vote for the ARMAS 3slot N-TEC to have a solid stock.
I'd buy the hell out of that.
I bought the scoped ntec just because it has a solid stock (and then skins came out and now I hate it, because the skin jobs look terrible with the railing)

Edited by EverFlow, 27 June 2012 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users