Is Fallen Earth still worth playing?

13 replies to this topic

dauntSilver

dauntSilver

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-May 12
I remember hearing about some dreaded patch that severely limited crafting for f2p players. I plan on being a f2p player and do not plan on buying anything as of now (subject to change if I like the game :]). So can a f2p player still manage to have a good time with this game or do the limitations make it a dreaded experience?

Mansk

Mansk

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 22-April 11
The only limitation on F2P accounts with regards to crafting is speed (slightly slower than a subbed player) and a smaller crafting queue (1 for pure F2P, 3 if you've ever paid, subs get 20 - 30). You can easily live with 1 item in the queue at a time, it just requires a little bit extra management.
[ Fallen Earth Knowledgebase | Help Encyclopedia (FAQ) | Join the Wasteland Hazmat volunteer Team ]

THINK SMART

Check the FAQ/Knowledgebase / Ask in help chat / Contact a Hazmat volunteer directly / Contact a GM.
(Only go straight to a GM if it is an urgent issue that can't be resolved through other means. If there is no GM on, contact support here.

I am no longer part of the Wasteland Hazmat volunteer team, therefore this information is provided "AS IS"

la_Vieille

la_Vieille

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 15-May 12

You can easily live with 1 item in the queue at a time, it just requires a little bit extra management.

Nah. One slot queue list is a pain in the patootie. You can live with, but you can live without playing FE too. Note that i am not trying to drive you away of FE, I am just using the same logical argument as seen everywhere.

I think that FE is a good experience and that you should give it a try. You are not required to craft your own stuff, one even say that not crafting makes you wealthier (that what i do not doubt ...). So make a first toon, play a bit, then try to craft and buy something if you like this aspect of the game.

With your first purchase on the cash shop, you will be granted the OMGBBQ THREE slots queue list, 4 character slots, and a bunch of not so usefull items. Restart a crafting toon and enjoy.

Edited by la_Vieille, 22 June 2012 - 02:51 PM.

Haffely, Gaffely, Gaffely, Gonward.

snoopies78

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11
Given the restrictions on some games F2P accounts, FE is still one of the best games. Issue is that the F2P accounts DID have 20 crafting slots and lost them, if the original F2P accounts had only 1 slot or 3 after any purchase, then I doubt the anyone would have had a problem.

There is NOTHING in FE that you can't do on a F2P account, but most things now require alot more effort.

Edited by snoopies78, 23 June 2012 - 03:24 AM.

Posted Image

la_Vieille

la_Vieille

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 15-May 12
Despite the respect you have earned by answering and teaching me the truth about the bug/hack misunderstanding (and i really mean what i am saying), I think that your post doesnt address any of the op concerns, snoopies. Let's try to not start another "f2pers are whinners" thread or "before whining, go sub" thread.

Edited by la_Vieille, 23 June 2012 - 04:44 AM.

Exiled Odd

Exiled Odd

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11
Hello

So is there some sort of list of list you cannot do or are limited as F2P vs P2P ? I'd love to see that but haven't noticed anything like that on FE official webpage.

EDIT:
Nevermind, finally found it... http://www.gamersfir...opup_matrix.png

Edited by satanskizenon, 02 July 2012 - 09:28 AM.

Part of that Power, not understood,
Which always wills the Bad, and always works the Good.

Odyssea

Odyssea

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 09-August 10
Wow, just came back from a long absence and looking for some answers I found this thread.
I was a FTP player, who spent money here and there but never subscribed because I don't want to assume another recurring bill in my life right now. But having a crafting queue reduced from to 20 items to 3 pretty much killed my plans for my character. So I guess instead of returning I will be uninstalling the game.

Take care all...
Please keep signature sizes to 500x120px only

Exiled Odd

Exiled Odd

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11
The problem is that you had 20 item queue. Me as a new player i didn't, i don't know hot does it taste i don't now how does it work i never had it, so i'm totally okay with it.

It's like with Chinese kids that are able to learn chinese language so easily, even if it's hardest language on the planet. They simply don't know it's the hardest one.
Part of that Power, not understood,
Which always wills the Bad, and always works the Good.

Frankie Moon

Frankie Moon

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 02-July 12
I started playing a few weeks ago so I can't compare what is to what was.
I'm a f2p player that crafts all the time. Sure...extra slots might be nice...but only if I ever logged out.
Compare that minor difference with the rest of the things that a f2p player DOES get...heck...I've found a new home.

The world is huge, the possibilities seemingly endless...perhaps that's just because I don't have a stable of fully equipped 55s...perhaps I just enjoy it too much to find anything worth horsing about.

My two cents: Fallen Earth is an epic game no matter how you slice it...paid or free.
Characters: Enigma Zero, Frankie Moon, Shelia Spicer

Yrian

Yrian

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-July 12
So why does the official list for the first time purchase bonuses not mention more crafting slots at all? Seems that would be a major selling point. http://www.gamersfir...-Time-Purchaser

My girlfriend and have F2P accounts and both roll craft-centric builds, so the one slot is kind of a pain. We've both found strongboxes so I was considering buying keys and surprising her, and I'm just wondering if it's still true and we'll still get extra crafting slots.

NipEild

NipEild

Raik Farran

• Wasteland Engineer - Decon
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

So why does the official list for the first time purchase bonuses not mention more crafting slots at all? Seems that would be a major selling point. http://www.gamersfir...-Time-Purchaser

My girlfriend and have F2P accounts and both roll craft-centric builds, so the one slot is kind of a pain. We've both found strongboxes so I was considering buying keys and surprising her, and I'm just wondering if it's still true and we'll still get extra crafting slots.

That's possibly as the 2 additional pending crafting slots are given as well as the first purchaser package and are not actually part of it.
Die roller of Doom ™
Yes I know I don't post a lot compared to my verbosity ingame.

Dread Lord Naf

Dread Lord Naf

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 06-August 12

If you are F2P, dont want to ever pay for a subscription, but like crafting,then spend 10 bucks and buy the Commanders crafting kit. It replaces and doubles as all existing crafting kits so you are basically buying an inventory slot increase since you can dump all your others ones (like 8 of em right?). Also I notice it also means any workshop or crafting bench serves as any other one, so being in a weap shop will increase your armor or scienc crafting time And you will then get your queue bumped to 3. If you can't afford 10 bucks then borrow it from a friend then save up 2.8 cents per day for the next year and you will have enough to pay him or her back.

la_Vieille

la_Vieille

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 15-May 12

If you can't afford 10 bucks then borrow it from a friend then save up 2.8 cents per day for the next year and you will have enough to pay him or her back.

This post badly needs more tips for nickle and dime society !

Eroktika

Eroktika

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 29-June 12
okey here is the thing.i am so so happy to see how people who are paying have faster proggres.honestly,i am kind of player who wanna be in leveling phase FOR EVER!!!
i dont like max cap,i never liked
for example i played new vegas with lvl cap 100 (30-50 is normal i think) AND with other mods i my exp goes slower 50% so i can enjoy more in leveling phase.ussualy,when i reach max lv cap or somthing like that,i go play other game or make alt until i get bored.tyvm gamersfiret,downloading game!
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users