10 replies to this topic

Argosthor

Argosthor

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11
I'm making this post here because its not really an issue.
I'm just curious what physxcudart_20.dll is, and is it really needed for anything?
I don't have the greatest computer and my game works alright without it.
But should i re-install the game to get it back? Will it improve my computers performance?
Argosthor - Colby (West)

Omlet

Omlet

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
  • Joined 12-January 11
Have you tried this?

If you're not experiencing issues, I wouldn't worry about it. In response to your "will it improve my computer's performance" question, I can safely say that a file won't improve performance.

Argosthor

Argosthor

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11

Have you tried this?

If you're not experiencing issues, I wouldn't worry about it. In response to your "will it improve my computer's performance" question, I can safely say that a file won't improve performance.

I have and all i found as where to download it. But thank you for responding and the advice.
Argosthor - Colby (West)

Jenz/Amaka

Jenz/Amaka

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1941 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11
It's not super needed, but if you get that error when you start the game then all you need to do is uninstall PhysX from your PC and start APB Launcher. APB Launcher will download PhysX for you.

It worked for me, though.

Melancholia

Melancholia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Joined 03-October 11
I was kicked constantly by Punkbuster when that error popped up. Of course, they say you have to keep installing apb and physx over and over until its fixed which is just dumb, didnt work for me, and shows how much they actually you know, check the internet for Physx issues. So yeah you can simply fix this by just downloading that file (google it) and just drop it in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common, problem solved.

Ange1ofD4rkness

Ange1ofD4rkness

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3339 posts
  • Joined 28-February 11
Do you get this like every time you start the game? I use to get it every time, now it's like every other time, or some inconsistent amount. Can't seem to figure it what it is, I updated my drivers thinking it was that, but that proved unsuccessful.

Posted Image

"I am the instrument of God, messenger of the divine punishment of heaven!" ~ Alexander Anderson

arkup

arkup

Elite

• San Paro City Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1842 posts
  • Joined 05-December 10
you wouldn't have an AMD card by any chance would you ?
if so ,download the physics installer from nvidia and install it
and that should fix the problem ,afaik , if you have an nvidia
card re-installing the latest drivers should help with that me thinks
otherwise i got noo idea :P
Posted Image
AsRock Fatal1ty 990fx ,AMD FX 8350 ,GTX780-3gb ,16gig hyperx ,noctua NH-D14 ,750w antec,X-Fi Titanium

Raigen

Raigen

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 25-April 11
If you get the physxcudart_20.dll is missing error, you can simply download it here and place it in your binaries folder and you shouldn't see the error anymore.

Guest_easyasabc123_*

Guest_easyasabc123_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

I was kicked constantly by Punkbuster when that error popped up. Of course, they say you have to keep installing apb and physx over and over until its fixed which is just dumb, didnt work for me, and shows how much they actually you know, check the internet for Physx issues. So yeah you can simply fix this by just downloading that file (google it) and just drop it in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common, problem solved.

^This, it worked for me thx very much..(The game worked even without the .dll, I just had just to press ok to an error every time i started APB)
Here the link for the lazy ones: .dll

If you get the physxcudart_20.dll is missing error, you can simply download it here and place it in your binaries folder and you shouldn't see the error anymore.

I did this and my game started to have weird graphic bugs and after 1 minute it crashed.

Raigen

Raigen

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 25-April 11

I did this and my game started to have weird graphic bugs and after 1 minute it crashed.

You of course have to make sure that the newest verison of PhysX is installed. That .dll is simply there to avoid getting that error on the startup of the game. At least it worked for me like that. Never had "weird graphic bugs" or crashes because of that.

Edited by Raigen, 09 June 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 14-December 11
I got this when i changed from nvidia to amd. All starter cars and other fully pimped ones were all chrome :)
There are two things that i won't do, and ramraid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users