Photo

Best secondary weapon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

Drazn

Drazn

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 29-May 12
Hey guys, I just wondered what secondary weapon do you guys consider to be superior and why?

Edited by Drazn, 06 June 2012 - 10:30 AM.

Posted Image

Criminal - Draego / Enforcer - Drazn

Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. - Gordon Graham

Aleks Calhoun

Aleks Calhoun

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Joined 12-March 11
I like the FBW because it's sort of the jack-of-all trades pistol.

If it's an ambush, it will win, not always the same with other secondaries because they got different rates of fire and clip capacities.

Works good for close or mid range.
Posted Image
Because it's a gosh darning armored bear.

ThaChamp

ThaChamp

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 12-February 12
Silence FBW all day
Every problem in the world is caused by the Banking Cartels that run this world...

Watch Zeitgeist NOW!

Kelvie

Kelvie

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11
RFP-9 : jack of all trade with worse ttk than FBW but only 3 shots to kill
On the paper, a worse weapon than the FBW, but if you can sprint-dodge and use cover, it will outshine it. (I mainly use my FBW-SD 'cause it's a sexy gun though)
Posted Image

Byrning

Byrning

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 05-September 11
My top secondary will always be the SAS-PDW. works wonders for me and have beaten a few OCA's with it in my time. But when I need range, I just use the Act 44
Posted Image

Morior

Morior

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12
It depends about your primary gun and your preferences... If you play with a long range primary, close or medium range secondary is the best (S-AS PDW, N-FA 9, Colby SNR, Obeya FBW, Joker RFP). If you play with a close range primary, long or medium range secondary is the best (Obeya FBW, Joker RFP, ACT 44, Colby RSA).

Posted Image
Morior | Enforcer | Obeya EU1

Foneegirl

Foneegirl

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Joined 26-August 11
Obeya FBW.

Locnlol

Locnlol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2896 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11
It's a tie between FBW and RFP

Locnlol / JayceY

Ch1ck

Ch1ck

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 11-December 11
OCA Nano?

DiBBz

DiBBz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
Silence FBW and RFP-9 are amazing guns so take ur pick i use Silence FBW mostly all the time but sometimes switch to RFP-9

WN9j2Ol.png
Steam - Closed beta Tester [June 14th 2011] | DeviantArt | Youtube
Characters = DiBBz - Enforcer - [R214] (EU1) / MissRukia - Criminal - [R195] (EU1)
Enforcer Clan = Rankers Reloaded / Criminal Clan = None

Spineeater

Spineeater

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11
I think it's the RFP. As compared to the FBW, you don't have to worry about keeping a constant rhythm in your rate of fire. Plus you get to move left-right very fast and make it harder for enemies to hit you.

It's also the most accurate pistol in the game, trumping both the Colby RSA and Golden Marksman ACT44.
Ex-APB player. Currently laughing at APB Vendetta.
Posted Image

killerskull

killerskull

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5217 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

OCA Nano?

FBW then its nano. The nano takes years to kill.
Killer OSAMAS BACK TO APB!!!!!!

Posted Image

5edrath

5edrath

JG-1140 <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11
RFP all the way.
Sprint-shooting, jump-shooting, cover-shooting.. <3

Posted Image

Sedrath
Sedraph

Obeya EU1

MrDanials

MrDanials

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1643 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
FBW-SD. Because it has faster reload, and it is silenced. More accurate. Also having 3 less mag cap makes it feel like a real "fall back weapon" instead of a mini joker. I shot one sniper guy stationary right next to em for a kill, camera shifts to me dancing always a classic. Best to buy perm gun during sale.
Posted Image

Stochastic

Stochastic

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1266 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
It depends entirely on what your primary is. If you are using an obeya, hvr or other long range weapon your best bet it probably the pdw because that's a short range backup. If you are using a short range gun you want something with range like an act or rsa to compensate. Like people said the best all rounders are the fbw or joker rfp but you really should think about where you need to compensate.

hotcops

hotcops

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2974 posts
  • Joined 26-June 11
RFP-9 is basically a shotgun in your pocket, a shotgun with lethal accuracy and range.

♠♣

XenonShiFT

XenonShiFT

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2368 posts
  • Joined 07-July 11
personal preference guise.

Mine would be RFP hehe

Analog

Analog

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
I'll offer an analysis of each secondary weapon.

ACT 44: If you don't mind fighting long-range fights with a pistol, enjoy the higher rate of fire over the Colby RSA, and if you can handle its slow TTK and very small likelihood of taking out an OCA at close-range, then get the ACT 44. It takes four shots to kill, basically half the clip, and it is less-accurate as a consequence of its higher fire rate. This weapon can deal decent hard damage, and if cover is utilized wisely, the ACT 44 can successfully ambush approaching opponents. Projected range is 70 metres, though it is highly suggested to keep this weapon reserved for attempting to repel enemy snipers unless you are definite that you can kill them with this weapon. The ACT 44 is available in three different versions: a 'Golden Marksman' edition with Hunting Sight 3, a 'Last Stand' edition with Mobility Sling, and the generic version available in-game for leasing.

Colby RSA: Unlike the ACT 44 which the RSA competes with, the RSA has six rounds per magazine, two rounds less than an ACT 44 and kills in three shots. It is a popular weapon for N-HVR 762 users who favour accuracy as it allows for a quickswitch between the two weapons. A sniper can fire one round with this gun and finish him off with a single N-HVR round, or vice versa. It is less accurate than an ACT 44 in a close-range fight, but it will definitely beat out an ACT 44 as the range increases.

Joker RFP=9: This weapon is semi-automatic, though it is set apart from the other secondaries due to its burst-fire mode. This allows players to lock on to a target, and although all three rounds may not hit, one round may hit them and this will allow the player to continue to degrade the enemy's health. The fire intervals between each burst hamper the weapon's ability to fire as fast as other weapons within this range, but one direct burst from this weapon spells serious injury. Just like an assault rifle, a Joker RFP-9 can be used to cover close-range combat or anything farther than the range of a CQC weapon.

Obeya FBW: Undoubtedly the jack-of-all-trades of any secondary weapon available, the FBW only takes five shots to kill. While the RFP-9 only has to directly land its crosshairs on an opponent three times, the fire interval is the main weakness. The FBW has a much quicker fire interval which allows the weapon to still attack the opponent while he copes with the slow rate of fire. The FBW kills in 0.8 seconds, 0.1 seconds slower than a Colby CSG. It is a versatile weapon like the RFP-9 and it is often equipped when a weapon is too heavy to fire with or when its accuracy degrades as the fight draws closer. It is so versatile that players who run out of ammunition during a mission can count on this weapon to proceed with the mission without any real problems. It comes in two versions: a regular version and a silenced version, dubbed the 'FBW-SD'.

S-AS PDW: Its compact size, low damage rate, and secondary-weapon status should not encourage players to attack this weapon. It is almost as easy to use as an OCA-626 EW. It complements long-range weapons very well and even shotguns can still get jumped by a PDW user. The weapon has a very high rate of fire and if used correctly, the weapon can kill 5 to 7 times before having to restock on ammunition. Unlike the NFA 9 machine pistol, the PDW can kill an enemy within one magazine, whereas the NFA 9 can empty an entire clip only to find their opponent is still alive.

NFA 9: Nothing in this game fires faster, at least that's what I think. The NFA 9 fires so quickly that dodging all of the bullets from this weapon is extremely unlikely. Its TTK is the fastest of all weapons, that is, if you make sure you keep the crosshairs on your opponent. The opinion is, so little is known about this gun due to the fact that it is incredibly underpowered. A user can use up all of his ammunition and probably only get one assist out of the gun. Unless you plan on finishing off your opponents after emptying a magazine of your primary on them, don't buy this gun.
Posted Image

MonteJr

MonteJr

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4498 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11
Depends on your primary. If you got something slow like a HVR, then a machine pistol could be good. If you got an smg or an assult rifle, the obeya ftw sd is perfect.

Not a big user of the desert eagle gun, so cant throw in my two cents
Aimbotter: "Which hack do you use? Your's is better than mine"

Stranger: "Monte giving away nanos in Social!"
Me: "I am?"
Stranger: "Oh S---!"

Stevine

Stevine

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 11-March 12
Joker Pistol
-dmg drop off begins after 30m
-lame as hell through speshul gamemechanic abusage (corner shooting, jump shooting, duckshooting)
-good at distance up to 50m, if you master the recoil

Obeya Pistol
-quite decent TTK and accuracy, got improved by sprint shoot as well, but not as much as the joker pistol
-good at distance up to 50m, if you have the patience to shoot slowly but with a steady firerate

RSA & ACT
-dmg drop off begins after 70m
-mostly used by quickswitchers today
-RSA has more accuracy, kills with 3 shots if you hit fast, 4 hits are pretty often necessary
-ACT is less accurate, kills with 4 shots but has a higher firerate
-golden ACT improves the only weakness of the ACT compared to the RSA and makes it the best ranged secondary in my opinion

OCA Nano
-kills faster than joker pistol and slower than obeya pistol
-its quite accurate, but ppl say its only good if you tap shoot, which means sprint exploiting like with the obeya pistol or joker pistol

PDW
-quite some recoil
-decent if you let the enemy run into your fireline at close distance (1-5m)
-weak at distance (20m+)

Conclusion:
Obeya pistol is good allaround weapon. Pick PDW, if you wait around corners mostly for your enemies to attack you. Joker Pistol is your choice if youre one of the lame people who want to exploit the max out of the game mechanics. RSA/ACT is for quickswitchers and people who play with close combat weapons only. The OCA Nano still has to proof what its really good in, but its somewhat of a full auto obeya pistol with a steady crosshair.

Edited by Stevine, 08 June 2012 - 08:47 AM.

Three things that bother me in APB:R the most:

1. Sprint shooting: It messed up APB, RIP APB:R Closed beta

2. Reskins: Complete different weapon models with the exact same stats

3. Non competitive new weapons: New main weapons with stats, that would better fit to secondary weapons:

N-ISSR-B, COBR-A, Shredder

Spineeater

Spineeater

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11

Joker Pistol is your choice if youre one of the lame people who want to exploit the max out of the game mechanics.

How is being able to shoot an RFP and dodge bullets exploiting game mechanics? Do you expect them to all stand still and let you shoot them?

Don't be lame... acknowledge and respect a powerful weapon when you see it.
Posted Image

killerskull

killerskull

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5217 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11
Pink hearty Snubby :troll_face:

Posted Image

Jotunblut

Jotunblut

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3247 posts
  • Joined 16-April 12
Stabba PIG. :D
Jotunblut!

:D

APB Blog
APB Twitter
APB Facebook

Problems? PM me :)

It's not the end of the world.

Kyocera

Kyocera

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined 29-November 11

Hey... he does have a point there

Posted Image

Quit

Spineeater

Spineeater

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11

YES.
Posted Image

XenonShiFT

XenonShiFT

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2368 posts
  • Joined 07-July 11
guise I use the Stabba TG8 on my enforceer and the nfa 9 on my crim.

why am I green threat btw?

Dag-Dag

Dag-Dag

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3326 posts
  • Joined 06-May 11

This man speaks the truth.
Oh hey, it's not opinion anymore! Aww... why would you take that out.

Edited by DAggErlS, 09 June 2012 - 12:26 AM.

| Colby | Criminal: DAggErlS: Nightstalkers | Enforcer: ShiverX: AC3S | Obeya | Enforcer: KumiDen | District Showcase-ish V2 |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Having your name appearing five times in district chat is awkward, try lengthening your sentence next time.

OZares

OZares

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Joker Pistol
-lame as hell through speshul gamemechanic abusage (corner shooting, jump shooting, duckshooting)
-good at distance up to 50m, if you master the recoil

Obeya Pistol
-quite decent TTK and accuracy, got improved by sprint shoot as well, but not as much as the joker pistol
-good at distance up to 50m, if you have the patience to shoot slowly but with a steady firerate

RSA & ACT
-dmg drop off begins after 70m
-mostly used by quickswitchers today
-RSA has more accuracy, kills with 3 shots if you hit fast, 4 hits are pretty often necessary
-ACT is less accurate, kills with 4 shots but has a higher firerate
-golden ACT improves the only weakness of the ACT compared to the RSA and makes it the best ranged secondary in my opinion

OCA Nano
-kills faster than joker pistol and slower than obeya pistol
-its quite accurate, but ppl say its only good if you tap shoot, which means sprint exploiting like with the obeya pistol or joker pistol

PDW
-quite some recoil
-decent if you let the enemy run into your fireline at close distance (1-5m)
-weak at distance (20m+)

Conclusion:
Obeya pistol is good allaround weapon. Pick PDW, if you wait around corners mostly for your enemies to attack you. Joker Pistol is your choice if youre one of the lame people who want to exploit the max out of the game mechanics. RSA/ACT is for quickswitchers and people who play with close combat weapons only. The OCA Nano still has to proof what its really good in, but its somewhat of a full auto obeya pistol with a steady crosshair.

Thats it mate. Wanted to write my own post but it just repeat yours ^^
The only value i would like to say different is the weakness of the SAS-PDW. The weapon is from the ttk + regarding chance to hit all bullets only useful in 0-15 meters in my experience.
But its in the hand of the player and his skills.

My favourites are

... when playing in team ...

Primary = Long-range / Midrange (30-60 meters/ 50-101 meters)
Secondary = SAS-PDW "Falcon" (IR1 + 3 meters)

Primary = Closecombat (0-30 meters)
Secondary = ACT 44 (Golden Marksman)

... when playing alone (flexible)...

Primary = All ranges (change depending on situation = lot of weapon switches)
Secondary = Obeya FBW (SD)

All in all: Obeya FWB (SD) is a nice weapon that G1 throws on the market. It allows to be very felexible on distances about 0-60 meters. Skilled ppl. even kill on +70 meters. Without to be overpowered the advantage of this weapon is the flexibility itself.

Time to get a second one fpr my 2nd character. ^^

Regards
Ares

Edited by OZares, 09 June 2012 - 12:54 AM.

Skill is when luck becomes a habit
Excuse my bad english skills | Regards Ares

Stevine

Stevine

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 11-March 12

Don't be lame... acknowledge and respect a powerful weapon when you see it.

:Ha Ha Ha: :Ha Ha Ha: :Ha Ha Ha:
Seriously, joker pistol used to suck before the delete-ready-delay update aka sprintshoot, aka game mechanic abusage as i call it to let it sound more dramatic. Its a fact that the joker pistol provides the fastest/animation-laggiest movement for secondary weapons. I am using it myself, but im not gonna defend that weird movement tricks you can do with it. I am not that lame. (no im not trying to make you rage, <3 u Spineeater)

Thats it mate. Wanted to write my own post but it just repeat yours ^^
The only value i would like to say different is the weakness of the SAS-PDW. The weapon is from the ttk + regarding chance to hit all bullets only useful in 0-15 meters in my experience.
But its in the hand of the player and his skills.

Time to get a second one fpr my 2nd character. ^^

Regards
Ares

Thanks, but don't buy another FBW SD, if its for the same account. They said that they will make it account wide. Already bought permanent weapons as well.

Edited by Stevine, 09 June 2012 - 02:57 AM.

3. Non competitive new weapons: New main weapons with stats, that would better fit to secondary weapons:

LayLow

LayLow

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4901 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11
Joker RFP... I has perma :rambo:

Spineeater

Spineeater

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11

Seriously, joker pistol used to suck

Its a fact that the joker pistol provides the fastest/animation-laggiest movement for secondary weapons.

This is why all newbies should learn to use it. They will actually have a chance to stomp golds XD
Posted Image

Dag-Dag

Dag-Dag

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3326 posts
  • Joined 06-May 11

:Ha Ha Ha: :Ha Ha Ha: :Ha Ha Ha:
Seriously, joker pistol used to suck before the delete-ready-delay update aka sprintshoot, aka game mechanic abusage as i call it to let it sound more dramatic. Its a fact that the joker pistol provides the fastest/animation-laggiest movement for secondary weapons. I am using it myself, but im not gonna defend that weird movement tricks you can do with it. I am not that lame.

Well actually, the Joker pistol is working as intended so it's not lame/abuse.
I mean, really.

The snubnose can do sprint shoot.
The OBIR can do sprint shoot.
The ACT can do sprint shoot.
The RSA can do sprint shoot.
The HVR can do sprint shoot.
The DMR can do sprint shoot.
The Scout can do sprint shoot.

EVERYTHING can do sprint shoot, so it's working as intended, not abusive.
Well, everything can but will not be as effective as some. But they can.

And before you say anything, my main secondary is FBW.

Edited by DAggErlS, 09 June 2012 - 05:02 AM.

| Colby | Criminal: DAggErlS: Nightstalkers | Enforcer: ShiverX: AC3S | Obeya | Enforcer: KumiDen | District Showcase-ish V2 |
Having your name appearing five times in district chat is awkward, try lengthening your sentence next time.

Stevine

Stevine

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 11-March 12

EVERYTHING can do sprint shoot, so it's working as intended, not abusive.

Oh thats quite some news then. "Everthing is working as intended." Hahaha, good joke bro! :OpIsFunny:

Dag-Dag

Dag-Dag

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3326 posts
  • Joined 06-May 11

Oh thats quite some news then. "Everthing is working as intended." Hahaha, good joke bro! :OpIsFunny:

Yes, they are working as intended.
The sprint shooting is an intended mechanic, it is not abusive.

MadMan81

MadMan81

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 28-June 11
Best for secondary weapon is a weapon with high fire rate.
Normally you hit your opponent with your primiary weapon first and then to kill him with high fire rate weapon.

Spineeater

Spineeater

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11

Yeah, I prefer that you continue to be in denial. Great way to figure out which ones won't adapt.

Edited by Spineeater, 09 June 2012 - 07:19 AM.

Posted Image

killerskull

killerskull

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5217 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

Ive been using the PIG + Percs for the past 2 weeks. Its sik!!! But the terrible servers have really been pissing me off. Sticky nades, ghost shots, sometimes its unresponsive. I press G or the fire mouse click and nothing happens. Really frustrating. But besides those problems, in cqc its really good.

Posted Image

Frijoles

Frijoles

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 24-February 12
Gonna have to go w/ OCA-Nano here...

Reason:
Posted Image

Stevine

Stevine

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 11-March 12

Yeah, I prefer that you continue to be in denial. Great way to figure out which ones won't adapt.

The delay to ready your weapon got removed to weaken the corner camp tactics. Instead of not beeing able to shoot back if you sprint, you should be able to shoot back. It was never ever intended introduce a new kind of shoot technique named sprint shoot. If i watch shotgun/joker pistol fights i could gosh darning puke. Its the worst shootout thingy i have ever seen in any game. I use shotgun, i use joker pistol, but I will never be so lame to deny how wrong it is and to spread lies about that this was intended...

If sprint shooting (lag shooting) was intended, then proof it.

Since spineeater is a bit butthurt and offended by my way to say what the joker pistol is capable of, i will change what i wrote:

"Joker Pistol is your choice if youre one of the lame people who want to exploit the max out of the game mechanics."

Lets change it to this, so spineeater doesn't need to be butthurt anymore:
"Joker Pistol is your choice if you want to maximize your sprint shoot ability with your secondary."

I am sick of these ppl who are so easily offendable if you just say something like: "Joker pistol is the lamest secondary." Its a stupid weapon, its a game, its not you, even if you use it, its not you! Jeez

Edited by Stevine, 09 June 2012 - 02:01 PM.

McGrathDK

McGrathDK

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Joined 10-January 12
Joker Pistol :nunchucks:
McGrathDK - Crime EU1 - Rank 230
McGrathDK - Enf EU2 - Rank 155
McGrathDK - Enf Joker EA - Rank ?