Photo

[TEMP FIX] [Nvidia 600 series GPU issue] Rsod, lockups, freezes and crash to desktop

* * * * * 10 votes

• Please log in to reply
619 replies to this topic

aivadarker

aivadarker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
last lime i typed i turned off everest/aida64 and i have yet to get a rsod after that ( :
so that may be what made the issue for me. i have had the sent bug report thingy many times and got no rsod after clicking sent (if you want the error report thingy to show go into nvidia control panel and force some aa and other stuff on the game. that gave me lots of errors)

also for those who have not seen it yet revoemag said in a Q&A with dopefish that they have someone looking into the gtx 6xx problems so hopefully that will help us all.
Posted Image
rtw closed beta player ---> now

Joshi10

Joshi10

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
I bought my gtx 680 a month ago hoping to remove the mommyty 30-20 fps i have endured the last 6 or 7 months caused by my AMD 6990 due to no dual GPU support, so i buy a top of the line single GPU card and expect great preformance only find another unpleasant surprise.

at first i didnt think it was APB that caused the red screens, as for me the red screens didn't come straight away after exiting APB more like 5-10 mins after when im browsing the internets or even after a long session of APB 3+ hours, so il be trying that new driver when i get my card back and hopefully get some decent fps uninterrupted by mommy drivers.

i also noticed my fps drop down to like 20 while in apb, but somehow alt tabbing in and out of APB would get it back up to 60+ fps while using gtx 680.

Posted Image

aivadarker

aivadarker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11

I bought my gtx 680 a month ago hoping to remove the mommyty 30-20 fps i have endured the last 6 or 7 months caused by my AMD 6990 due to no dual GPU support, so i buy a top of the line single GPU card and expect great preformance only find another unpleasant surprise.

at first i didnt think it was APB that caused the red screens, as for me the red screens didn't come straight away after exiting APB more like 5-10 mins after when im browsing the internets or even after a long session of APB 3+ hours, so il be trying that new driver when i get my card back and hopefully get some decent fps uninterrupted by mommy drivers.

i also noticed my fps drop down to like 20 while in apb, but somehow alt tabbing in and out of APB would get it back up to 60+ fps while using gtx 680.

well it very alot when people get the rsod some right away some minutes but i can't recommend the new beta drivers (304.79 BETA) got alot of crashes and extra rsods when using them.

i personaly never had that issue with low framerates.. apb is always maxed at 100 fps for me i have had bugs like that in skyrim though but they got patch...

also just had a rsod moments ago so for my case it was not everest/aida64 that made the issue
Posted Image
rtw closed beta player ---> now

platapus200

platapus200

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 16-June 12
I'm here to confirm that the problem does happen on exiting with red orchestra 2.

I don't play APB Reloaded however thanks to the steam sale, I was able to grab red orchestra 2. I have a gtx 680 and it has worked like a dream ever until about a month ago when I got two red screen of death's the SECOND I started up the monitoring program, speed fan. I never had this issue before with my gtx 550ti. To fix this, I uninstalled speed fan and never had the issue at all no matter how many hours of gaming I do (sometimes 6-10+). My gtx 680 is using the 301 drivers.

Anyway, today I played a very satisfying four hours of red orchestra 2 with my pals and on exit I encountered a red screen of death, not even 10 seconds out. I thought I would have had to restart my computer like in the past but after just waiting 15 seconds it disappeared. I never had this problem while gaming and the first time It happened to me game related was with exiting red orch 2. I hope nvidia addresses this soon, I love the card. I also feel for you guys playing APB, the game is fun too.

D3v1ld0g

D3v1ld0g

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 19-July 12
Yesterday I got an answer from G1 Support...well, it's kinda funny...Gainward wrote me, that it is problem that has to be fixed by the software companies...G1 wrote me, that it's not their problem..i should try the latest drivers and mainboard updates, because the gtx 600 series are PCIe 3.0

So I think there will be no fix in the next time-.-

D3v1ld0g

D3v1ld0g

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 19-July 12
Sry for doubleposting...but i found out what causes the RSOD!
I also found a solution for this problem. So if anyone wants to know it, please contact me via pm.

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3899 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10
just post your solution here so everyone can see, no point keeping it hidden and in PMs

Edited by Shini, 03 August 2012 - 04:38 AM.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

D3v1ld0g

D3v1ld0g

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 19-July 12
Well, I think g1 wont like my solution...so i wont post it here, because i dont want to get banned ;)

I stopped some processes which are collecting system information

Tysaki

Tysaki

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 03-August 12
gtx680 (driver 304.79)
im getting Red Screens also while playing for like 3 seconds, then the game runs with like 20 fps. when i alt-tab a few times it begins to run normal.
soo gosh darning annoying.

Percocet

Percocet

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1672 posts
  • Joined 30-May 12
Had my new rig for a couple months now, only one RSOD never been able to replicate it, it happened when closing apb like others have said but never again. I disabled nvidia hd sound and thought that was what fixed it but then got curious and re enabled it about two weeks ago, same thing no rsod's no problems. Odd.

Tysaki

Tysaki

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 03-August 12
D3v1ld0g's Solution works.
its the same problem the 600 series has with other analyzing software.
the APB_Catcher and the Kepler don't like each other.
it's like:

Catcher: can i haz your informations ?!
Kepler: never
Catcher: plssss
Kepler: f'ck off
--Crash--

i write the solution down because if G1 wont help us, we have to do it ourselfes. (thanks to D3v1ld0g for this)
get rid of the APB_Catcher
delete it in the Binaries folder or close it over task manager after each start of the game if you dont want to delete it.
if you delete launch the game over the APB because i think launcher would restore the catcher in the folder.

PS: D3v1ld0g was afraid of being banned for posting this solution. (like you can see a few post above)

If any G1 guy reads this and is getting angry because we (the community) are doing your job better with fixing problems and thinks i should be banned for posting this. pls do it.

Edited by Shirela, 05 August 2012 - 09:21 AM.

Spudinske

Spudinske

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts
  • Joined 08-December 10
I wonder if this will fix my blue screening on exit. Only happens for me in APB but im using a gtx 670.

Edited by Spudinske, 05 August 2012 - 10:26 AM.

Posted Image

Usas

Usas

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12
Disabling Aero worked for me. Also check my sig, and give feedback. If there are more workarounds, let me know.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spudinske

Spudinske

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts
  • Joined 08-December 10

I wonder if this will fix my blue screening on exit. Only happens for me in APB but im using a gtx 670.

Didn't fix my blue screen.

Posted Image

DigitalBleeps

DigitalBleeps

Reloaded Staff

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 28-March 12
Hey all we are looking into this at present and will update once we have found a solution. Has any of the fixes worked for anyone?

DB

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3899 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10
I am using a GTX 680.I still get problems using the developer driver, crashes don't happen as often but still happens enough to be bloody annoying. I sometimes get a massive crash and have to reboot and sometimes the driver just fails and restarts mid game, causing me to restart the game or else I'll have to live with 20fps. Doesn't happen on other games.

PS: D3v1ld0g was afraid of being banned for posting this solution. (like you can see a few post above)

If any G1 guy reads this and is getting angry because we (the community) are doing your job better with fixing problems and thinks i should be banned for posting this. pls do it.

Cheers for posting, the developers and admins should be thankful for you posting this temporary solution and maybe this should help them with fixing it. after all you just want to play the game. I have not tried this fix yet but I might try it later.

Edited by Shini, 06 August 2012 - 05:34 AM.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker

D3v1ld0g

D3v1ld0g

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 19-July 12
For me it still works fine, now for over one week no RSOD after exiting the game...So it has to be the Catcherprogram...i didnt change anything else on my system

Tysaki

Tysaki

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 03-August 12

For me it still works fine, now for over one week no RSOD after exiting the game...So it has to be the Catcherprogram...i didnt change anything else on my system

same here.
seems like the RSOD is from the catcher.

but i still have some random crashes where i need to hard reboot.

Edited by Shirela, 06 August 2012 - 10:52 AM.

dogfish

dogfish

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 07-May 12
Getting the RSOD with a brand new MSI gtx 680 "twin frozr". First time ever trying an nvidia gpu and by the looks of it I'll be getting a 7970 instead......

SqtcK55.png                  LSwCeud.png

StuartReloaded

StuartReloaded

Reloaded Staff

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this information. It's useful as we collect data about NVIDIA 600 series cards.

FYI, the APB_Catcher.exe is used to catch exceptions coming from the game process; e.g. it does something when the game crashes.

Stuart.

D3v1ld0g

D3v1ld0g

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 19-July 12

same here.
seems like the RSOD is from the catcher.

but i still have some random crashes where i need to hard reboot.

Yeah...i have those crashes too...today about 7 times....it really sucks... :( But i wonder why i only have those probs with APB...i'm playing so much games...all working fine...ony apb is making trouble

Tsazao

Tsazao

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12
GTX 660 is coming 16th this month, which is more budget friendly. This is going to become very common soon.

I'm using the 302.59 drivers, but still getting few or more crashed a day. But so far they've been least crashing for me. But this doesn't fix it.
It's the only game where this occurs for me.

Esther

Esther

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4280 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11

Got the same issues, Red Screen freezes or black. GTX 670 :x.

WngO77I.png  You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein  | 

izLYWoA.png    Clan Progression | Haircuts and haircut colors | New mission typest70C8a9.png  

Tsazao

Tsazao

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12
By ending the process 'APB_Catcher,exe' which launches with the game, seems to fix it for me.

Edit (10th): Freeze again after good ~6hr. Well atleast it wasn't the usual 1min-2hr.
Edit (11th): Whole day without a freeze. Maybe I relaunched the game yesterday when it crashed and forgot to kill the process after all.
Edit (13th): Still getting red screens sometimes when closing the game.

Edited by Tsazao, 13 August 2012 - 08:19 AM.

TecH EU2

TecH EU2

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 25-February 11
Swaped my dual gpu amd card for a almost 500euros ASUS gtx670 . Now I wouldnt have goten into the trouble but G1 cant seem to fix gual gpu's to work properly with their game. So Thinking Nvidea would have the best working stuff but pff this game doest seem to work with annything well. Going to rma the gtx670 with the rsod,freezes ,display driver shutting down, soundloops, purple and green dots apearing, etz.. I will post back as soon as the new card gets in and see what it does.

Hangs

Hangs

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12
Duplicate post from "Computer Freezes from playing APB (Hard Reboot required)"

I am having the same lockup issues. I can play for 4 hours or i can lock up on my first loading screen. Every single play session ends in me having to hold the reset switch of my pc and reboot. I know there is an issue w/ the Nvidia 6 series cards and the RSOD but i cant get there due to the constant lockup's.

The pc lockups are totally random, they can happen on the 1st district loading screen, running around the game world, inside the vehicle/character/decal designers, pvp arenas. These lockups are 100% random wile APB is running period. This is the only game i have installed that gives me any issues, all other games run 100% perfectly fine.

Types of lockups i have had:
Total PC lockup, loss of video (monitor showing please select input).
Loss of video but sound still working.
Loss of video but sound is looping.
Yes sometimes i get the "Scratchy" sound during game play.

What i have done to try and solve the problem:

Disabled my sound via the bios (using a Logitech G930 USB wireless anyway)
Disabled my Nvidia sound via the control panel.
Renamed "VivoxVoiceServiceprogram" and "APB_Catcherprogram"
Ran in Windows Mode
Ran the highest to the lowest graphical settings.
Ran in various resolutions.
Disabled my Logitech G930 via the control panel and ran with no sound at all.
Uninstalled my Razer and Logitech software and ran with generic mouse and keyboard.
Closed any and all background processes.
Updated every driver known to man that has to do with any component of my pc.
Clean installed 4 various drivers Past/Current/Beta for the GTX680.
Ran 24+ hours of memory tests with various programs. (No Problems)
Ran 2x 24+ hour pulls of my 2 favorite overclocking burn utilities. (No Problems)
Turned off all overclocking.
Turned back on my overclocking.
Replaced the hamster that turns the wheel on the generator that powers my PC.

No i can not post a log because the PC locks up and the logs haven't been written yet.

Not 1 single "Fix" out of the 3 weeks of various forum searching works.

My Current setup:

Windows 7 x64
i7 2600k OC @ 4.8ghz Turbo clock
EVGA GTX680 Stock Clock
16gb Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz
MSI P67-GD65A v3 (All manual OC settings, not using the OC geine)
16gb Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz
2x Samsung Sata III (1 for OS and everyday programs and the other for my frequently played steam games)
2x 2TB WD Black in Raid 1 for storage/games
Running a full custom liquid loop for the CPU and GPU. (no overheating issues what so ever)
All tucked inside a Cosmos II
Displays: 1x 40" Samsung 120hz LCD  2x verticle 24" displays
Human interface devices: Razer Black widow ultimate keyboard , Logitech G700 mouse, Logitech G930 wireless headset.

Thank you to the community for trying to resolve this issue many of us are having, now its time for the dev's to step up and tell us what exactly is going on. I can honestly live with a "We Don't Know the problem" answer at this point.

PS:
Also ran my 2 older GTX 570's in single config and SLI with the same reslults.
(that was fun getting them into the case w/o tearing down my loop.. yea i got pics)

ClearlyClueless

ClearlyClueless

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1214 posts
  • Joined 10-December 09
I pretty much always get the red screen on exiting though the first time it happened it was a grey screen. On loading a district or even respawning the drivers can randomly crash and my FPS drops from 100 (locked) to around 30 or the drivers never restart back up. Just today my computer had to be restarted twice in a row because the drivers crashed during the loading screen in social.

Anyway this seems to only happen in APB with my 670. Kinda miss the glorious crash proof 580 I had. Oh and a piece of advice, when exiting APB do it through the task manager to end the process to avoid the red screen.

Clueless - Joker

Sonja2

Sonja2

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 09-August 12
Guys i am thinkin of buying a GTX 680, but becouse of this problems you are having, i dont know if i should. And i really need a new gpu, and i dont like ati. Any advice?

ArcherKiller

ArcherKiller

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 27-April 11
This Error really freaked me out. First one was "No input detected" error, then after rebooting my PC and playing some more APB I get red screen and at that point I was thinking my graphic card died or foulty and I just got myself a really high spec PC. GTX 680 4 gb etc. Then I try once again, but playing different games. Everything works just fine, I try play APB - red screen. I freak out that this in anyway damages my graphic card and uninstall APB with 4 months of premium left on my account.

Hope this will get fixed soon. Really want to play APB, because before with my older PC I could not run APB without glitches freezes etc.

hlop4

hlop4

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

Guys i am thinkin of buying a GTX 680, but becouse of this problems you are having, i dont know if i should. And i really need a new gpu, and i dont like ati. Any advice?

This only seems to be happening with APB RELOADED. if you could and can wait off for a update to play this game then go for the 670 or 680. i have it, and the only game i experience it in is apb reloaded. i never get red screen from other programs and crash only from apb reloaded.

TO FIX THE COMPUTER FREEZES:

what i did was, i got the dev driver the 202.59 or whatever it is, i installed a clean install with the option in the installer and i did not install the hd audio driver from nvidia and the 3d manager drivers. and then i went into the control panel and uninstalled the audio drivers if there still there and then in the apb reloaded folder i rename the vivox program to something different so it would not run on apb startup and i can play for HOURS on end and i hardly get redscreen of death now. yet to wait for it.

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3899 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

It's a great card, I recommend it. It only seems to happen on APB, the crashes don't happen often for me and I never red screen (using the latest beta drivers) and you could try what was suggested earlier, which you end the process APBcatcher.exe when you launch the game.

Really I think the problem lies on Nvidia's end since it looks like driver issues, so hopefully if Nvidia and RP can work together to fix the issues.

Edited by Shini, 22 August 2012 - 01:14 AM.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker

Sassysquatch

Sassysquatch

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 02-October 11
Just put a 660 Ti in yesterday and I've been getting the freezes in video and audio as well as the RSOD on exit. Hopefully something is done soon about it cause it sucks.

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3899 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

Just put a 660 Ti in yesterday and I've been getting the freezes in video and audio as well as the RSOD on exit. Hopefully something is done soon about it cause it sucks.

Tried version 304.79 driver?

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker

hlop4

hlop4

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

I think the drivers have no say in this no more. We have all tried different drivers and fixes and some work and don't. Trying different versions is more likely to break things at this point as its constantly being asked to try and retry.

Let's face it, nvidia is taking there sweet patootie time at fixing this and these issues wit driver update and apb is just lacking the skills to actually fix this. If they cared it would have been fixed already or being fixed

Mirii Chan

Mirii Chan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12

I have been using 304.79 drivers for about a week now and issues still continue.

Sassysquatch

Sassysquatch

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 02-October 11

I have been using 304.79 drivers for about a week now and issues still continue.

Well damn I got all excited.

Sassysquatch

Sassysquatch

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 02-October 11
Had it happen just now where my monitor went black and flashed red, then the game came back and I had 20 fps/ 50ms response time on client. Brutal.

TGAMJONNO

TGAMJONNO

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 09-May 11

Had it happen just now where my monitor went black and flashed red, then the game came back and I had 20 fps/ 50ms response time on client. Brutal.

I have been suffering from this since the latest patch.

I had just replaced the cooler on my 680 for an aftermarket one, fired up APB and bam crashes... thought I had damaged my card!

Glad i'm not alone with this crap! :elephantdance:
http://signum.rconnet.de/rconNET_19171.png

Patriot: TGAMJONNO (no clan) Enf / wench (Crack Wh0res) crim

Sassysquatch

Sassysquatch

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 02-October 11

I have been suffering from this since the latest patch.

I had just replaced the cooler on my 680 for an aftermarket one, fired up APB and bam crashes... thought I had damaged my card!

Glad i'm not alone with this crap! :elephantdance:

Dude I've been reading about this bs from 600 cards and there are problems dating back like 4 months ago. Has me wondering if this mommy is gonna get fixed. About to send this back to newegg and go back to ati.

Celsian

Celsian

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11
Guess I should add that this is happening to me as well. GTX 670 FTW (EVGA)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users