Photo

[TEMP FIX] [Nvidia 600 series GPU issue] Rsod, lockups, freezes and crash to desktop

* * * * * 10 votes

• Please log in to reply
619 replies to this topic

CrewRD

CrewRD

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12

edit: this issue also exist for gtx 670

heyy man!! what about gtx 660m too!

Edited by CrewRD, 26 August 2013 - 10:29 PM.

people please do not camp, that's why most of players start to be mad every day

MisterSex

MisterSex

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13

I installed the new driver, turned cuda on, after 15minutes, my screen froze, but it came back. Restarted the game, and again it froze, but this time I had to restart the pc .

Nvidia Geforce GTX 650Ti.

You have to install the right driver of your pc with the right resolution.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5204 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Hello Folks,

While this may not help all of you, it may help some of you. We have been in touch with Nvidia specifically regarding the Optimus technology. Nvidia is working on a fix for the issues that some of you are experiencing and will have it available in an upcoming driver update. We are hopeful that it will be released within a month and will keep you updated. Again this is only for those with the Optimus technology.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

DreTaX

DreTaX

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 02-November 13
Yeah, it does it and i have GTX 670. Im gonna try the fixes now

Sugarbottomz

Sugarbottomz

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 01-December 13
To be honest it's the game itself, how is it every other game we all play runs fine but yet Apb does not. Another thing is, Nvida users did not have this problem until patch path 1.10 came out awhile ago, that's when the problem started and has not been fixed of yet.

Nodds

Nodds

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13
Do not buy a 600 series card.... in nz it costs 650 for a gtx 670 (which i just got) and now i cant even play apb. Lags every 5 seconds and crashes all the time. Lets hope a 700 series card will work.

N0rbat

N0rbat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 29-June 13
I haven't any of this freezes etc... I have one huge problem and it is low usage od GPU i have gt630 and whrn i am playing GPU load is only 30% whats the problem??!

Dr.Who

Dr.Who

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14
I have freeze and lags, Support told me to write a post, My VideoCard NVIDIA 650Ti =(

Doctor who

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3897 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10
Make sure you have the latest drivers, if you do, try diabling cuda in the nvidia control panel.
If that doesn't work post your specs.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

Dr.Who

Dr.Who

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

Make sure you have the latest drivers, if you do, try diabling cuda in the nvidia control panel.
If that doesn't work post your specs.

I have the latest driver and CUDA (disable) =(
My specs:
Windows 7 ultimate x64
BIOS - Ver: 04.06.05
CPU - AMD FX - 8320 (8 CPUs) ~3.5GHz
Video card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti.
RAM - 4096 MB
DirectX ver. 11
Sound card - Realtek High Definition Audio

Edited by Dr.Who, 11 May 2014 - 08:54 AM.

Doctor who

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3897 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10
I'm not an expert on these things but if you were to completely disable the realtek sound card temporarily. And then play APB and report back any stutter issues.

I do remember some people having issues with realtek sound cards on APB.

----

also refer to this if the sound card is really the issue

update to the latest realtek drivers

http://forums.gamers...perfect-for-me/
http://forums.gamers...es-and-crashes/

Edited by Shini, 11 May 2014 - 09:05 AM.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

Caramelz

Caramelz

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 07-May 14

I'm not an expert on these things but if you were to completely disable the realtek sound card temporarily. And then play APB and report back any stutter issues.

I do remember some people having issues with realtek sound cards on APB.

----

also refer to this if the sound card is really the issue

update to the latest realtek drivers

http://forums.gamers...perfect-for-me/
http://forums.gamers...es-and-crashes/

+1 it's also not only the realtek drivers it's the default sound drivers that come with Windows. You can bypass this a dedicated sound card. Atleast that cleared up my Hard lockups. I'm running apb on a gtx 780ti and it plays fine everyday now.
APB is like a box of Chocolates. Eat or be Eaten.

Crimiclown

Crimiclown

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

+1 it's also not only the realtek drivers it's the default sound drivers that come with Windows. You can bypass this a dedicated sound card. Atleast that cleared up my Hard lockups. I'm running apb on a gtx 780ti and it plays fine everyday now.

Its not players that have to fix this, its RetardedProductions that has to contact Nvidia and Realtek.

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

@Crimiclown don't take your frustration out on a party that had no part to play in this problem. You should either contact nVidia and Realtek yourself and help speed up the process of fixing things.

I recently got a test bed with a few 600 series cards and Realtek chipset motherboards. I will post my results whenever I can. I hope I can then help pinpoint dangerous combinations.

7nEgYyJ.jpg

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

Blue Bird

Blue Bird

Respected

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

I reinstalled apb a few days ago and i was getting a lot of freeze. I remember reading about cuda cores doing mommy with apb so i disable them, and now runs fine.

Okey, that happens when you don't read the date of the thread. And pinned, i need to sleep xD

Edited by WindRanger, 05 December 2014 - 07:05 AM.

774rXwN.png

btatcom

btatcom

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11

I keep getting a GPF crash i disabled CUDA .. now what !! 

i sent a ticket in and they told me go to the forums 

i have a 660 GTX 

Posted Image

Enforcer : BTATCOM // Crim : RAVANA
ASK ME FOR A FREE FORUM SIGNATURE

::Live Stream::

btatcom

btatcom

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11

why is there no fix for this .. 

Posted Image

Enforcer : BTATCOM // Crim : RAVANA
ASK ME FOR A FREE FORUM SIGNATURE

::Live Stream::

spongebob202red

spongebob202red

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 01-April 15

i have nvidia geforce 7600 gt and it crashes. does it support cuda?

mayhems malice

mayhems malice

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12

I have a Geforce 620. APB was running fine a few days ago. Now I can get into the menu fine but as soon as I try join a server the game freezes while trying to connect. SO the connecting to server screen is frozen on my screen. This happened no matter what I tried. I was looking forward to playing today (my off day) the whole week. Now I have spent the entire morning trying to get this game to work. Im getting quite annoyed by now. I would like some explantion or help please.

Krilous

Krilous

Initiate

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 22-April 15

I've had the same issue my game will play for a lil while but then after a short period of time it will literally crash my computer and just freeze the screen to where I cannot return to my desktop I cannot close the game I can't even move my character I've had to resort to reseting my computer manually to get it to work again. I do not enjoy doing this and would like to actually be capable of playing for longer than a half hour before needing to reset everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users