Photo

what are good mods for an OBIR burst rifle?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
I recently bought the OBIR burst rifle (perm off Armas). I love it, and noticed it has three weapon mod slots. I thought about getting Cooling Jacket 2.

What are some thoughts on this? Thanks!
-=<>=-

LayLow

LayLow

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4901 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11
All three of the red mods are viable, IR gives a nice range boost, CJ is great for obvious reasons and HB is a good choice for the Obir also. To accompany I would suggest Mag Pull 3 and HS2.

It'd be interesting to see what the Mobility Sling performs like in an Obir....

XenonShiFT

XenonShiFT

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2368 posts
  • Joined 07-July 11
CJ3 HS3 Tagger.

Axepony

Axepony

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11

CJ3 HS3 Tagger.

Cooling Jacket does not change the time between the bursts of 3, but in between the actual 3 shots WITHIN the burst.

As such your TTK with the OBIR changes from 1.02 seconds to 1.00 seconds.
.02 seconds with Cooling Jacket is outweighed by a Faster Reload, or a Tagger.

As such I would recommend *in order of importance* :

Hunting Sight 3
Tagger
Magazine Pull 3

OBIR does have high damage falloff, but most of the time 3 bursts will kill regardless because you only need 1 bullet of the third burst for a kill, meaning you can get away with shooting outside of your effective range.

Magazine Pull puts your ammo count at 18 *6 bursts and still a nice multiple of 3*

Hunting sight and tagger are good for obvious reasons.

Sources : marksman 15 and over half-way to marksman 16
Axeman (enf) : Colby-West : Marksman 16. Pointman 16. Rifleman 16. Cop 15. Over 78,000 total kills and counting.
My *APB-ish* photobucket : http://s295.photobuc...m139/twcAxeman/
My stream : http://www.twitch.tv/twcaxeman

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
Cool, I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback!
-=<>=-

Coreldan

Coreldan

For Freedom!

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8507 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11
The only sensemaking red mod is IR. CJs effect is nonexistant as it does not make you shoot the three bursts out faster. It only makes the 3 rounds in one burst come out faster. Also the weapon blooms out so little, that it's at max accuracy before you can shoot the next burst, meaning HB is useless as well. However the OBIR has pretty steep damage drop off, so IR3 actually does fairly much to help.

Apart from that, HS3 and third mod is sorta up to you. Could be TPS, Mobility Sling, Tagger (not sure what that stacks with?), ammo mod..

Posted Image
w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Core - Lieutenant Colonel | HIVE | Patriot

Coreldan - Battalion Commander | HIVE | Obeya
Visit us at wasp-inc.com and YouTube

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

The only sensemaking red mod is IR. CJs effect is nonexistant as it does not make you shoot the three bursts out faster. It only makes the 3 rounds in one burst come out faster. Also the weapon blooms out so little, that it's at max accuracy before you can shoot the next burst, meaning HB is useless as well. However the OBIR has pretty steep damage drop off, so IR3 actually does fairly much to help.

Apart from that, HS3 and third mod is sorta up to you. Could be TPS, Mobility Sling, Tagger (not sure what that stacks with?), ammo mod..

What is IR3 again? I'll look for that. Yeah it does seem like Cooling Jackets won't make a difference, thanks for the reply! :)
-=<>=-

Dooria

Dooria

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Joined 02-July 11

What is IR3 again? I'll look for that. Yeah it does seem like Cooling Jackets won't make a difference, thanks for the reply! :)

Improved rifling 3

:)

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
hehehe k, thanks!! :)
-=<>=-

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

Improved rifling 3

:)

Looks like I can unlock this. How many kills with my OBIR do I need to get to the proper level?
-=<>=-

Dag-Dag

Dag-Dag

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3326 posts
  • Joined 06-May 11

It'd be interesting to see what the Mobility Sling performs like in an Obir....

I tried it, doesn't make much difference since you're still moving slower than vanilla AR in MM.

Looks like I can unlock this. How many kills with my OBIR do I need to get to the proper level?

Marksman 13, perhaps? I didn't quite remember.
But it takes a lot of kill to get there if you don't have high level of Marksman role already.

Edited by DAggErlS, 01 June 2012 - 12:43 AM.

| Colby | Criminal: DAggErlS: Nightstalkers | Enforcer: ShiverX: AC3S | Obeya | Enforcer: KumiDen | District Showcase-ish V2 |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Having your name appearing five times in district chat is awkward, try lengthening your sentence next time.

Pylat

Pylat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
I go with HS3, Mag Pull 3 and Tagger. It's quickly becoming my go to gun when times get tough.
If you are offended by the above post, you need to lighten up.

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

I tried it, doesn't make much difference since you're still moving slower than vanilla AR in MM.

Marksman 13, perhaps? I didn't quite remember.
But it takes a lot of kill to get there if you don't have high level of Marksman role already.

I'm not sure where my Marksman level is. I've only just started using semi-automatics. Thanks!
-=<>=-

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

I go with HS3, Mag Pull 3 and Tagger. It's quickly becoming my go to gun when times get tough.

Nice, thanks for the reply! :)
-=<>=-

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10
HS3, IR3/Mag pull, Tagger. I prefer IR3 since the damage drop can be crucial at times, and i also don't suggest CJ because the effects from it are extremely minimal compared to other mods

I HAVE GM ON MY BALLS!!!!!!!!! MODARATORS TOO!!! U R ALL NOOBS!!!!!! I CAN gosh darn U EASY WITH MY STAR556 LVL9 TUTORIAL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

Locnlol

Locnlol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2896 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11

Marksman 14, 5000 kills with semi-automatic rifles.

Locnlol / JayceY

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

HS3, IR3/Mag pull, Tagger. I prefer IR3 since the damage drop can be crucial at times, and i also don't suggest CJ because the effects from it are extremely minimal compared to other mods

Yeah I'll probably pass on the CJ. Thanks!
-=<>=-

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

Marksman 14, 5000 kills with semi-automatic rifles.

I noticed it being for sale on the player market, can I use it if I get it there? (I'll prolly never have 5000 kills lol)

Edited by VexDarkness, 01 June 2012 - 11:05 AM.

-=<>=-

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

I noticed it being for sale on the player market, can I use it if I get it there? (I'll prolly never have 5000 kills lol)

The IR3? Yes, i'm not that high on Rifles and can use the mods easily.

I HAVE GM ON MY BALLS!!!!!!!!! MODARATORS TOO!!! U R ALL NOOBS!!!!!! I CAN gosh darn U EASY WITH MY STAR556 LVL9 TUTORIAL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

The IR3? Yes, i'm not that high on Rifles and can use the mods easily.

Right on. I'll prolly get it there. Maybe IR2 tho. I only have around $80k ATM. :)
-=<>=-

VERSACEVERSACE

VERSACEVERSACE

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1214 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
Why is everyone saying the tagger mod? I find mobility sling to be alot better on the OBIR as you can snap shot faster.

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
I don't even know what a "tagger" mod does. lol
-=<>=-

killerskull

killerskull

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5217 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11
Dont waste ur time on the tagger, get the mobility sling instead. Much more usefull.
Killer OSAMAS BACK TO APB!!!!!!

Posted Image

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
Cool, thanks! :)
-=<>=-

Locnlol

Locnlol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2896 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11
The tagger is great. Especially for your teammates. But you shouldn't really concern yourself with tagger or mobility sling, because... they require a minimum rank of 195 to be used.
If money is an issue, I'd just go for hunting sight 2, improved rifling 2 and done. Clear upgrade over the stock OBIR.

Locnlol / JayceY

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

The tagger is great. Especially for your teammates. But you shouldn't really concern yourself with tagger or mobility sling, because... they require a minimum rank of 195 to be used.
If money is an issue, I'd just go for hunting sight 2, improved rifling 2 and done. Clear upgrade over the stock OBIR.

Nice, I might do that. Thanks! :D
-=<>=-

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11

Got IR2. Seems to make a difference. I picked off two enforcers at range and they could barely touch me. Gonna go for the Hunting Sight next. :)
-=<>=-

Axepony

Axepony

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11

Why is everyone saying the tagger mod? I find mobility sling to be alot better on the OBIR as you can snap shot faster.

Mobility sling increases movement speed zoomed in. It does not effect target acquisition time.

Obir has really low target acquisition time, meaning mobility sling while good, isnt as good as tagger because you can simply zoom in, pop your shot, and run with shift back and forth, zoom in, repeat.
Axeman (enf) : Colby-West : Marksman 16. Pointman 16. Rifleman 16. Cop 15. Over 78,000 total kills and counting.
My *APB-ish* photobucket : http://s295.photobuc...m139/twcAxeman/
My stream : http://www.twitch.tv/twcaxeman

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
But if I get the tagger mod it will make HS useless as it counteracts it's usage. I have HS1 and IR2 and it seems good....
-=<>=-

MrDanials

MrDanials

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1643 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Tagger is purple.... you can use it with (orange) Hunting Sight.

Think about mods that later when you hit rank 195, or at sometime when you get three slotted at Marksmen 15. Who knows you might actually switch guns.

Edited by MrDanials, 03 June 2012 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

CozyToe

CozyToe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2628 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11
IR3 HS3 Extended Mag3

Extended cause while Mag Pull3 will let you reload faster; it doesn't help if I kill you while you reload with the extra bullets I have.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Name obscured to protect the monronic.

How to create a ticket and Where to create a ticket Totally stolen from Gotitdone

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
Cool, thanks for the replies! :D
-=<>=-

Pylat

Pylat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11

IR3 HS3 Extended Mag3

Extended cause while Mag Pull3 will let you reload faster; it doesn't help if I kill you while you reload with the extra bullets I have.

If you're stupid enough to be standing out in the open reloading you deserve to die. The OBIR is a cover poppers delight, you can easily duck down between shots or back and forth around a corner. MP3 just means you can duck into cover for less than 2 seconds to reload and get back into it.
If you are offended by the above post, you need to lighten up.

VERSACEVERSACE

VERSACEVERSACE

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1214 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

Mobility sling increases movement speed zoomed in. It does not effect target acquisition time.

Obir has really low target acquisition time, meaning mobility sling while good, isnt as good as tagger because you can simply zoom in, pop your shot, and run with shift back and forth, zoom in, repeat.

I usually play with friends over TS anyways so Tagger mod is useless to me. I guess it would be better for people who play without any voip. I use the obir completely different than you though :P I stay zoomed in as I snap shoot and lean at the same time.

Guest_easyasabc123_*

Guest_easyasabc123_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --
I would use HS3 + IR3 + Tagger
In very close range use it like a Joker Rfp.. Running + shooting this i mean

FiveO

FiveO

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined 27-March 11
Hunting Sight 3, Improved Rifling 3, Magazine Pull 3.

Posted Image

Videos: Random Gameplay

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
Nice, thanks! :)
-=<>=-

Mayson

Mayson

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7458 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11

Hunting Sight 3, Improved Rifling 3, Threepointsling 3.

The setup I'm using. It's pretty reliable and the default ammo and reload times are okay. No need to really alter them.
Emerald, more valuable than Copper and Aluminium, but at least the two latter are useful.

VexDarkness

VexDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
Cool. I'm still waiting on HS3 and IR3. I have the lower versions until I can afford it! :D
-=<>=-

Moosh N Twist

Moosh N Twist

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3868 posts
  • Joined 26-July 11
Haha I said the OBIR was over looked a few months ago and everyone called me crazy, and now look at how many people are using them. Funny.

-Put anthrax on a Tampax and slap you till you can't stand-