• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Silvion

Silvion

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 20-April 12
I have been having this same problem over and over again, I log into apb load up a district and select a spawn point. As soon as I select the spawn point the game crashes. I've tried it in all the districts and all the spawn points nothing works it just crashes again.

This is the error message that keeps poping up for me:

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\APB RELOADED\APBGame\Logs\2012.05.20-09.21.27-3404.log
C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\APB RELOADED\APBGame\Logs\2012.05.20-09.21.27-3404_Catcher.dmp
C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\APB RELOADED\Binaries\dxdiag.txt
General protection fault!

History:

16:22:47 - Log: Log file closed, 20/05/12 09:22:47

I run this game through steam, so I have tried verifying the files and defragmenting the game, nothing works. If someone can help me out here please, I'm not sure what else I can do.

Here are my system specs. (even though i've never had a problem like this before in a total 388 hours of play)

Processor:
AuthenticAMD
Speed: 2793 Mhz
6 logical processors
6 physical processors
Video Card:
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Memory:
RAM: 8191 Mb
Windows 7 64 bit

Blaz3

Blaz3

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12
Uninstall Punkbuster from Windows Control Panel > Uninstall a program

Reboot

Launch APB, it will download / reinstall PB.

Does it still crash?

Silvion

Silvion

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 20-April 12

Uninstall Punkbuster from Windows Control Panel > Uninstall a program

Reboot

Launch APB, it will download / reinstall PB.

Does it still crash?

It worked! I have no idea why Punkbuster would cause the game to crash but it did. Thank you very much for helping me out Blaz3.

Hunterh98

Hunterh98

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 04-June 12
So, I tried BOTH ways to "fix" this horrid problem of mine, but it makes the time I have left before gettin' kicked down to 10 seconds!
It kicks me(No mommy) and says that theres no packet flow.
What do I have to fix THIS? Dance around on a unicycle while jugglin' a bunch of damn newborn puppies on fire?

LayLow

LayLow

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4901 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11

Dance around on a unicycle while jugglin' a bunch of damn newborn puppies on fire?

Have you tried that?

Disinia

Disinia

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-June 12

So, I tried BOTH ways to "fix" this horrid problem of mine, but it makes the time I have left before gettin' kicked down to 10 seconds!
It kicks me(No mommy) and says that theres no packet flow.
What do I have to fix THIS? Dance around on a unicycle while jugglin' a bunch of damn newborn puppies on fire?

I am having the same problem. If that is any comfort.

:(

Blaz3

Blaz3

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12
http://forums.gamers...ost__p__2681978

SilverDemon79

SilverDemon79

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 05-June 12
i'm getting the same thing. and i have trye both methed's to fix it.

why isn't this fix yet? and is APB dead? thier not alot of ppl on at all even on weeks ends.

Hunterh98

Hunterh98

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 04-June 12

Have you tried that?

Maybe....I sell tickets to my show for a hundred bucks a piece, interested?
There's also a form you must sign, it's to verify that we are not responsible if a ignited newborn puppy and/or juggler myself falls ontop of you and lights you on fire.

Hunterh98

Hunterh98

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 04-June 12

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/280360-apb-crash/page__view__findpost__p__2681978

Thanks!

Quinzel

Quinzel

APB Producer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Joined 17-February 09
Hello Folks - I've merged the two threads so everyone can see the two troubleshooting solutions we have at hand:

1.) Go into your APB Reloaded game folder. Go to "Binaries" folder. Find "pbsvc_apb" and then "Install/Re-Install PunkBuster Service" (See image below)

Posted Image

2.) Go to Control Panel. Uninstall PB. Relaunch APB game client. This will reinstall the latest version of PB.

We are working with EvenBalance to get to the root of the issue and will keep you all posted as soon as we have further news from them.

Thank you for your patience.
G1 Quinzel
Producer - APB Reloaded

Follow me on Twitter

Nishido

Nishido

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 23-June 11
I, too, am having this issue. My error says something along the lines of "...unable to update punkbuster client". I've tried the above mentioned 'fixes' without success. I won't get booted from the game right away, it'll take about 10-15 minutes, but it will happen EVERY single time. I'd like to play APB but if you insist on using such arcane anti-cheat systems I can't. Punkbuster has never been reliable, ever since the old soldier of fortune II days. :/

Nishido

Nishido

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 23-June 11
OK so I checked and the exact error message I get is

"Punkbuster kicked player 'Stringo' (for 0 minutes)... Time out trying to update PB client"

Is it some sort of connection issue? I used punkbuster's test feature and it reported zero problems, so what the heck is going on?

S.T.A.L.k.e.R.8

S.T.A.L.k.e.R.8

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 08-June 12

Hello Folks - I've merged the two threads so everyone can see the two troubleshooting solutions we have at hand:

1.) Go into your APB Reloaded game folder. Go to "Binaries" folder. Find "pbsvc_apb" and then "Install/Re-Install PunkBuster Service" (See image below)

Posted Image

2.) Go to Control Panel. Uninstall PB. Relaunch APB game client. This will reinstall the latest version of PB.

We are working with EvenBalance to get to the root of the issue and will keep you all posted as soon as we have further news from them.

i did the tow methods but nothing new .. :(
however i see this evry time i open the PBsetup file and " add game " i see the
"server version" is always back to zero "not found" i do update >> its ok"ther is number >> i start the game >> kick again :D >> i start again PBsetup >> add game
then its missing again "the server version"
sorry 4 my bad English
thanx 4 ur time

Edited by S.T.A.L.k.e.R.8, 08 June 2012 - 04:36 AM.

Nishido

Nishido

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 23-June 11
Have you tried the order I gave? Exactly those steps? That's what worked for me. Sorry, I can't help more than that. :(

Edit: Sorry just noticed this isn't the topic I responded to before. Give me a moment, I'll copy what I said elsewhere...

Edit 2: Ok here we go -

Ok I got it working. The order in which you update is important. Here's the order that finally worked for me.

1) Uninstall punkuster.
2) Restart.
3) Update via APB launcher.
4) Download and install PB from the link Thiefje provided (thanks Thiefje).
Edit: 4b) http://evenbalance.c...page=dl-apb.php click the yellow link that says pbsetup.
5) Once installed, let it update then add APB:R from the drop down list.
6) Finally hit the update button again and once it's finished it should update the server column.

I'm guessing as long as you do step 6 it should work fine. I'm only stating precisely what I did just to be thorough. I've been playing all day now without any problems. I still hate punkbuster, however.

Edited by Nishido, 08 June 2012 - 04:58 AM.

S.T.A.L.k.e.R.8

S.T.A.L.k.e.R.8

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 08-June 12
thanx 4 replying ..still nothing new..& im trying to fix my case ill post the fix if i find it
wandering why this problem not fixed yet ?
not only me having this but alot of ppl.
thanx any way

GameOveRus507

GameOveRus507

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-June 12

Have you tried the order I gave? Exactly those steps? That's what worked for me. Sorry, I can't help more than that. :(

Edit: Sorry just noticed this isn't the topic I responded to before. Give me a moment, I'll copy what I said elsewhere...

Ok I got it working. The order in which you update is important. Here's the order that finally worked for me.

1) Uninstall punkuster.
2) Restart.
Edit: 4b) http://evenbalance.c...page=dl-apb.php click the yellow link that says pbsetup.
6) Finally hit the update button again and once it's finished it should update the server column.

I'm guessing as long as you do step 6 it should work fine. I'm only stating precisely what I did just to be thorough. I've been playing all day now without any problems. I still hate punkbuster, however.

By "restart" you mean "reboot the computer"?

DivineWind

DivineWind

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 18-June 11

Hello everyone,
i am having this problem for 3day now,i tried all methods i found on teh forumz with no success.

I used the "test" button in PB and i noticed this:
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrAprogram NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrBprogram NO

basicly its the only 2 checks where i get a "NO" and blue marked answer,all others are green(sign its ok?).
At the end it says that the tests are completed successfuly without an error.Here is the FULL(almost,removed the directory line) report.

Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrAprogram NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrBprogram NO
Checking if PnkBstrB is running STOPPED
Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301)
Opening socket for packet send OK
Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrA OK
Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 7924 (ms) Version = v1036
Getting PnkBstrB install instance OK
Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA OK
Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 16707 (ms) PnkBstrB started.
Load SUCCESSFUL.
Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (3) CHANGED (4)
Getting port for PnkBstrB OK (45301)
Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrB OK
Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301
Response = 2995 (ms) Version = 2202
Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
Manually stopping PnkBstrB STOPPED
Removing test PnkBstrB file OK

----------------------------------
Tests finished.

DivineWind

DivineWind

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 18-June 11

Seems to be fixed now.

DivineWind

DivineWind

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 18-June 11

Any news what the problem was?Conflict with Antivirus programs or smth like dat?

Edited by DivineWind, 18 June 2012 - 05:04 AM.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09

Posted Image

Or you can follow this easy peasy video! :cowdance:

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Check out the Official APB Reloaded Facebook, and Youtube pages!
Play "Name That APB" on Twitter!

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12

Or you can follow this easy peasy video! :cowdance:

Nice music and all... But still getting the error ^^ Will try again after I re-installed apb for the 3rd time.
Edit: This probably didn't make sense, I have tried this around 4-5 times and I still get the error. Will re-do it after I reinstall APB like it was never installed.

Edited by Hyburnate, 26 June 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
Are you restarting your computer after uninstalling PB and after you have reinstalled it?

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12

Are you restarting your computer after uninstalling PB and after you have reinstalled it?

No, however I'll take you through my process of events.
Uninstall PB, run pbsetup, update, restart, open apb.
After doing the above I was able to play for about 5 hours until it kicked me again. I've been playing for around a year and never had this problem.
Now I'm going to uninstall pb, restart, run pbsetup, update, restart, open apb. If it doesn't work after this I give in till 1.9. If this doesn't fix it and I get kicked tomorrow I'm going to do: uninstall pb, restart, run pbsetup, update, restart, run pbsetup, open apb.
Because if I don't run pbsetup after the 2nd restart I get the error "failed to update pb client" or something.

Edit: I see your online, I'll wait for a response after chucking you a PM on whether I should do the first or second :)

Edit2: I have just finished the 2nd restart, I opened the launcher and it said "Installing PunkBuster" is this right, or wrong?

Was able to stay in game for around 3-4 hours... Computer uptime was around 5 hours and just been kicked.

Edited by Hyburnate, 27 June 2012 - 12:30 AM.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
Correct, the game will update more pb files but what was the final pb kick message, please post a screenshot here.

Thanks!

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Here we are, fresh off the screen.
Posted Image

I've been playing this game for over 1200 Hours never had something this persistent before.

Edited by Hyburnate, 28 June 2012 - 11:07 AM.

L2MICRO

L2MICRO

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 16-September 11
- Ive been getting the packet lost, the trying to update but timed out issue, and the "driver/programs" that are disallowed issue that PB kicks me for.

- I've currently fixed those issues and here is what I did. :D

- Luckily for me, I also play BF3. So all i did there was take the BF3 PB folders, Copy them and paste them into the APB's folder that is located in
C:\Users\[Your UserName]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\APB (This is for Windows 7)
(Important: If you don't see the folder "Appdata" that means it is currently hidden. Simply unhide in in "Folder Options". Start button> than search for Folder Options in windows 7 and it should get you in the right direction. Just unhide hidden folders and you'll be able to see it.)

- If you are using the PBSetup program, you will want to navigate to this folder and not the APB directory.

- This is also true for steam users, as you'll need to locate the
C:\Users\[Your UserName]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\APB

And not the,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\apb reloaded\Binaries directory. The launcher fixes this automatically.
(If you are still unsure about this area, just delete the folder marked PB and the APB: Reloaded launcher will reinstall the PB files.)

- Now, for the Driver/Programs disallowed issue.

- I had to contact Evenblance about this issue and here is what they had to say about it.

---MESSAGE START---

06/27/2012 14:42:14 - "LeoCingy"
Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff by LeoCingy.

06/28/2012 11:12:13 - "Adam D"
Note #2: This kick is usually caused by one of the following programs running. Disabling them should stop the kick.

Ventrilo Chat Overlay
Team Speak Overlay
DxTweaker
ATI Tray Tools (depends on version)
Game Accelerator (uninstall, then reboot)
Mumble Overlay
EVGA Precision tool
IZ3D
Pando Media Booster

In case you run Steam, please do the following:

* Open Steam
* Go to File-Settings
* Go to the tab in-game
* Uncheck the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" checkbox
* Press OK
* Restart Steam

If you do not have any of these programs running, open this ticket back up and state what you do have running, especially anything that might be similar to the above.

---MESSAGE END---

This response was rather amusing, because I run 4 to 5 of these programs at once while playing. All I have to do is disable them and no more issues.

Edited by L2MICRO, 03 July 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
I run 0. Today in a hope to get it working I've deleted the folder in app data, removed the PB Folder under binaries then ran the program application and uninstalled the pb, then removed all of them from recycling bin, restarted, ran pbsetup to the binaries directory and restarted. Been playing for a while now.

L2MICRO

L2MICRO

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 16-September 11
Cheers mate! I'm glad you got it working.

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12

Cheers mate! I'm glad you got it working.

Ehhhe, still in game.

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
This seems to have fixed it -touch wood

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
And back to hell, kicked for loosing key packets.

L2MICRO

L2MICRO

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 16-September 11
-Genrelly, with lossing of key pacckets with PB, this an issue that will most likely be within your firewall settings.

-Make sure you do not have PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB disabled in the firewall rules

Also

-If you run McAfee Security Center, PB has annouced that this anti-virus program does infact sometimes block PB related programs and sets them on "Blocked" statuses.

-But as a good rule of thumb, what I would do is, Go through your firewall admin rule settings. Check anything that is PB related and set it to "Allow or Enabled"
(For the rules portion, it would be "Allow")

-Now go through your securty anti-virus and navigate to the firewall section and make sure that APB or PB core programs are not be blocked, as this will restrict the packet passthrough.

-If you continue to experience these issues, might I suggest adding more information in your next post such as
--------- System OS/Version/x32 or x64?
--------- Browser Versions
--------- PB Version
--------- RAM
--------- CPU
--------- Type of anti-virus program you run
--------- Internet type and connection speed
Etc.

Edited by L2MICRO, 03 July 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Aver

Aver

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 29-February 12
Any news about this issue? Me and my friend have this problem. After approximately 10 minutes of game punkbuster kicks us out. We tried both methods of reinstalling PB, but it didn't help. We are getting error message about Punkbuster having problems with update.

We were playing APB few months ago and we didn't have this problem back then.

Fadedxt

Fadedxt

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-July 12
I have tried all these suggestions on re-installing punkbuster and I'm
tired of restarting my PC. None of these suggestions work, I get kicked
from the game every time after joining a district with the "packet flow" error.

This game seems fun, but I can't even play it for more than 60 seconds.
Yes, Iv tried reinstalling PB in all the different ways.

I hate PunkBuster. Please help!

Visara

Visara

You're being trolled

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15660 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

I have tried all these suggestions on re-installing punkbuster and I'm
tired of restarting my PC. None of these suggestions work, I get kicked
from the game every time after joining a district with the "packet flow" error.

This game seems fun, but I can't even play it for more than 60 seconds.
Yes, Iv tried reinstalling PB in all the different ways.

I hate PunkBuster. Please help!

Did you try updating the Punk Buster? As it seems that is where the problem lies, as in the game not actually letting you update it through there. Personally I got it fixed with the manual PB updater program from this post:

http://forums.gamers...ost__p__2719467

The 4a) listing.

"A hero has fallen which will be missed by all those whose lives he touched." - Korgoth, 2010

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get me." - David Pimm

Well... I hate VISARA now!!!!

Enma

Enma

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10
So I got kicked last night for losing key packets, this happens every once in awhile so I don't know what causes it but when I run PBSetup I add APB:Reloaded and it updates it fine.

Here is pic

Posted Image

Now I can play fine all day and not get kicked but here is the issue.
Once I close APB and I run PBSetup again it shows APB as not installed and I have to choose check for updates again.

Now all my other PunkBuster games don't do this to me just APB does.

Posted Image

Anyone else have this problem as well?

Vanessa
Criminal - Enma - Joker East - Gogol
Enforcer - amnE - Joker East - Division
RTW/CBT
Posted Image

Shlapa

Shlapa

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-June 11
Yeah, same problem.

cormer

cormer

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

1) Uninstall punkuster.
2) Restart.

Thank you for these instructions. It worked like a charm.

Now im onto the next problem, game hanging :(

Thunderm00n

Thunderm00n

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 29-June 11
Same here, tried every solution in this Forums except the one with diabling the Steam GUI InGame Overlay (this feature is a MUST HAVE!)

First thought i`m through but then BÄM again "trying to update punkbuster db..." Error...
Please fix this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users