163 replies to this topic

GodsLikeMe

GodsLikeMe

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2011 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11
I think we need an Account Padlock or something.

Every time you wish to delete anything or send items away from the Account (incl characters), you have to put in a pin number (which you can make up yourself). - This feature can obviously be deactivated in-game.

Also, If this hacking are down to a loop hole on G1's side, I feel there should be a wave of people with compromised accounts (Note: <-- FEELING!)

Edited by GodsLikeMe, 17 May 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image
Criminal - [8Bit]GodzLike - Patriot EU2

Vaya1

Vaya1

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12

No, there's a trend of a period of inactivity followed by the account getting hacked sometime later. This could all be coincidence though, so I'd like to know about any inactive periods from all of the people who got their accounts hacked.

Since the first day i made my account, i have been online nonstop, no breaks what so ever.
Than all of a sudden, i wake up, look at my screen, seeing a prompt with something like ''another user has logged in on this account with ip xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.
This has been now little more than 2 weeks ago i think?
Still have everything on my account, im hopefully im ''safe'' now.

There needs to be a more organized method of collecting data to try to at least narrow down possible reasons for the hacks.

I still have the ip from the person who hacked me, it has also been send to G1 Support, but i doubt they do anything with it.
I'll send it to you if you want to, just let me know.

Evers

Evers

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
Im glad that atleast in this thread a Moderator seems to understand the Problem and is interested in fixing it. Oh and it would nice from the ones who lost all their stuff and contacted the BBB if they could send me a pm if something happens

Posted Image

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15109 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

Account security are your responsibility not G1's they cant control what type of programs and connection you allow on your own computer.
But you can always try and make a support ticket and see if they can roll-back the account and restore the characters etc.

Do you live with your eyes closed? These threads seem to pop up daily now and still you give the same generic answer. Support will most likely give him an automated reply ("we do not do rollbacks") as well and APB loses another player.

However, apparently there is a reason why this is happening currently and G1 is investigating the issue.

If I'm correct, G1 does force users to reset their passwords every 120 days. As for the other valid points, I don't see G1 going to that extent to protect their customers.

While they do that, you can log in to the forums and game without changing your password regularly.

APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER

IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION

Archsonic

Archsonic

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts
  • Joined 19-August 11
Can it be related to the occasional downtime of the login-server that started some time ago?
Edit: And one more thing! How do heck do they get your account name? Eh? I never type my account name since it's auto-filled in. Don't most people have that square checked? (Assuming we're talking about keyloggers)

Anyway, I mommy bricks every time a low rank gold cheater runs up to me in Social and just looks at me :nailbite:

Edited by Schneider, 17 May 2012 - 02:28 AM.

APB Purchase History Tool
Criminal R255, Enforcer R255, Enforcer R170
555 kills in one session

Archsonic

Archsonic

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts
  • Joined 19-August 11

Since the first day i made my account, i have been online nonstop, no breaks what so ever.
Than all of a sudden, i wake up, look at my screen, seeing a prompt with something like ''another user has logged in on this account with ip xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.

I hope you've changed password and cleaned your PC from all kinds of malicious software (preferably reinstalled Windows since keyloggers are very hard to detect).

Edited by Schneider, 17 May 2012 - 02:26 AM.

555 kills in one session

TzickyT

TzickyT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

I still have the ip from the person who hacked me, it has also been send to G1 Support, but i doubt they do anything with it.
I'll send it to you if you want to, just let me know.

i kno that is the same that happened to me 2 months ago when i got hacked but i lost all my stuff + 2 accounts and i saw them on sale on market and thats verry painful -.-' if u see someone else sell your cars while they just sended it to their accounts

-.-" also what irritates me is that they saw who i am on webcam whitout i giving them permition -.-"
thats a thing that goes into privet attachments they see who u are but u can't see who they are and they controlling everything what u do (well thats how it happened to me) and now i stil get irritated by the clan where that person was in that hacked me so i got a bad relationship whit that clan i can say
Obeya: (TZickyT (235) / Lollyrot(197) / corvi(125)) Patriot: (Lumyvibes)
Joker: (Karakuri) Colby:(Bovy) HongKong:(TZickyT) Status: Gold
twitch.tv channel = http://www.twitch.tv/zicktsoenamy

Ashwrayt

Ashwrayt

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts
  • Joined 27-April 12
Ey BlackJackieChan, did u try to cheat ig with 3rd program?

Is normal to see cheaters, and some people focus on that thing to get account information.

i kno that is the same that happened to me 2 months ago when i got hacked but i lost all my stuff + 2 accounts and i saw them on sale on market and thats verry painful -.-' if u see someone else sell your cars while they just sended it to their accounts

-.-" also what irritates me is that they saw who i am on webcam whitout i giving them permition -.-"
thats a thing that goes into privet attachments they see who u are but u can't see who they are and they controlling everything what u do (well thats how it happened to me) and now i stil get irritated by the clan where that person was in that hacked me so i got a bad relationship whit that clan i can say

Maybe u tryied to accept some stuff to cheat ingame? u installed i don't know what from internet browser from some clan page...
I know some people who wants to cheat, they enter to some clan of cheaters, then acept their conditions to get their cheaty and plop account leaked xD

Edited by Ashwrayt, 17 May 2012 - 04:15 AM.

Posted Image

TzickyT

TzickyT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

Maybe u tryied to accept some stuff to cheat ingame? u installed i don't know what from internet browser from some clan page...
I know some people who wants to cheat, they enter to some clan of cheaters, then acept their conditions to get their cheaty and plop account leaked xD

i havent cheated ever in a game
only thing i use when i play is xfire steam and overwolf

and now i am trying to broadcast also

and if u had read my story then u would know what happened

BlackJackieChan

BlackJackieChan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 12-June 11

Ey BlackJackieChan, did u try to cheat ig with 3rd program?

No, i didn't.

BlackJackieChan

BlackJackieChan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 12-June 11
man, seems like it was yesterday, cause it was yesterday, except the cop rank...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by BlackJackieChan, 17 May 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Hyburnate

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Think this way, if it was G1's fault, every account would be hacked

ForbiddenForgiveness

ForbiddenForgiveness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 13-February 11
how do you guys run your APB?

- VIA STEAM?

- or the ol fashion of filling in account info's.?

i recommend running STEAM.

this makes me curious to see if ive been hacked. id like to say not, but curiosity is a strange thing... id have to re-install ofcourse first.
"It's only a Sin if you enjoy it"
Posted Image

Vaya1

Vaya1

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12

how do you guys run your APB?

- VIA STEAM?

- or the ol fashion of filling in account info's.?

i recommend running STEAM.

this makes me curious to see if ive been hacked. id like to say not, but curiosity is a strange thing... id have to re-install ofcourse first.

Through Steam or the normal client, does not matter.
I use APB through Steam, but none has been on my Steam account, only on APB.

Archsonic

Archsonic

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts
  • Joined 19-August 11

Think this way, if it was G1's fault, every account would be hacked

Who says it's not time consuming for them to do it?
555 kills in one session

Barnarner

Barnarner

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 19-July 11
Hey folks, Just a quick FYI.

We are fully aware of the problem regarding accounts being "hacked". The vast majority of the time when an account is compromised it is because the player has chosen to purchase in game $$$ (not g1c) from Illegal websites. Or by unknowingly visiting sites that contain malicious content that place key loggers etc on your machine. Of course there are several other ways in which someone can obtain your account details, you wouldn't believe how many people told others their login details to design a car, or finish a theme or....you get the picture. We have also had a few reports of male players being wooed by females into giving up account details for one reason or another.....damn those temptresses.

We are always investigating compromised accounts, and when we find the source of account break-ins we either rollback characters or re-credit stolen cash. It is extremely rare that someone would access an account then delete characters Mr "BlackJackieChan", however we have a system in place for resurrecting, and we will rollback your account to before the unauthorised access.

There is so much assumption in the forums, the sheer ignorance of some people is laughable, all this "G1 DONT GIVE A F*%$" is absolute BS. we endeavour to protect your accounts, and fix them as soon as we discover a violation, I would say about 90% of "hacked" accounts are fixed before users even know something has happened to their account.

Ofcourse we ban, hwid block and delete all cash made by tampering with others accounts, making the process all together pointless.
Posted Image

Barnarner

Barnarner

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 19-July 11

Well, i got my account hacked today, lost all my stuff. Whoever did had the nerve to delete my characters also
BlackJackieChan, Timecop both on joker server. Both were lost along with the progress and items, and what is G1 gonna do? Nothing. they cant find whos doing it, lots of people have got their stuff stolen only they were lucky to keep there characters. I lost a R215 criminal, a R146 enforcer and nothing is gonna be done.
If i cant get anything back form contacting the BBB i might just quit the game. Sorry to anyone that i play with if i quit. later all!

STOP THE PRESSES!

Ok, after a little investigation I have got to the bottom of this. Your best friend in APB:R "beef43302" logged into your account on Wed (16th 5th), he has not logged into any other account bar his own. AKA: Not an account hacker.

He was in your account for ten minutes. Here is a snippet of some of the activity from our logs.

BlackJackieChan mail send 16/05/2012 19:02 beef43302
BlackJackieChan locker item_delete 16/05/2012 19:02
BlackJackieChan locker item_refurbish 16/05/2012 19:02
BlackJackieChan mail send 16/05/2012 19:02 beef43302
BlackJackieChan locker item_delete 16/05/2012 19:02
BlackJackieChan locker item_refurbish 16/05/2012 19:03
BlackJackieChan mail send 16/05/2012 19:03 beef43302
BlackJackieChan locker item_delete 16/05/2012 19:03
BlackJackieChan mail send 16/05/2012 19:04 beef43302
BlackJackieChan locker item_delete 16/05/2012 19:04
BlackJackieChan mail send 16/05/2012 19:05 beef43302
BlackJackieChan locker item_delete 16/05/2012 19:05
BlackJackieChan world exit 16/05/2012 19:05
BlackJackieChan mail send 16/05/2012 19:05 beef43302
BlackJackieChan locker item_delete 16/05/2012 19:05

And a screeny of SOME of the items your buddy sent to himself.

Posted Image

After sending all the items he then deleted all your characters to cover up the paper trail. As you can see that completely erases our logs, making it impossible for us to follow what has happened.

It get's better :

Your friend logs back into his own account to claim his prizes and when you re-appear (with new toons) he consoles you for your loss, offers to give you a little cash and a sweet ride to get you back on your feet. Begs you not to leave APB:R because you are his only friend, it's brilliant OSCAR nomination inc!

So yes, as expected the "hacked" account wasn't hacked, I suggest you keep confidential account information to yourself in the future, and change your password now. Even though this was entirely your own fault, and you incorrectly accuse us of incompetence, we shall roll your characters back to before the incident.

Seeing as this is a relatively unique case we shall let you decide the fate of beef43302.
  • ThatOneJerk, igneus and mcaso123 like this
Posted Image

Revoemag

Revoemag

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3500 posts
  • Joined 26-April 11
Posted Image
APB Blog
APB Facebook
Check out this awesome Dev Tracker

"One day I shall return to the game that made me the gamer I am today."

Got an issue? PM me :)

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• San Paro City Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3430 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10
lol :nicethread:

Shini | ShiniDesu
Patriot | Obeya | Joker

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Virgiee

Virgiee

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11

lol :nicethread:

qft

barnarner now favorite dev

Edited by UrbanProphet, 18 May 2012 - 02:56 AM.

(Joker NA E) Enforcer - Urbanprophet - Must be a Hacker | Criminal - Lunn - Blood Legion

VIRGIE, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. THIS GAME F&%$IN HATES ME

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• San Paro City Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3430 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

qft

barnarner now favorite dev

I just like his honesty, you can see his true hatred of most of the forum community, yet gets things done and puts people in their place. I share his hatred of the forum community.

Edited by Shini, 18 May 2012 - 02:59 AM.

Shini | ShiniDesu
Patriot | Obeya | Joker

M.K. Ultra

M.K. Ultra

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 11-January 12
ok guys this has happened to 3 players on Joker server now.

BLAST
BNAT
BLACKJACKIECHAN

what do the 3 names above have in common? isnt that a little weird?

Revoemag

Revoemag

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 3500 posts
  • Joined 26-April 11

ok guys this has happened to 3 players on Joker server now.

BLAST
BNAT
BLACKJACKIECHAN

what do the 3 names above have in common? isnt that a little weird?

They all start with B...

Damn..your on to something... it's a conspiracy!
APB Blog
APB Facebook
Check out this awesome Dev Tracker

"One day I shall return to the game that made me the gamer I am today."

Got an issue? PM me :)

Gasoline

Gasoline

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2657 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
That was quite the beatdown. Nice.
Posted Image

Expand the possibilities, don't try to define the players, give them the tools and let them define themselves.

M.K. Ultra

M.K. Ultra

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 11-January 12
somebody call inspecter gadget!

PeterF

PeterF

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6267 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

win snip

Posted Image

Posted Image

Post the gosh darnin imagine you surprise. Post it or stfu and quit talking mommy and having my alts banned you pathetic gosh darn.

Mini rage collage (NSFW) Gold tactics (video)

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• San Paro City Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3430 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

They all start with B...

Damn..your on to something... it's a conspiracy!

Posted Image

Shini | ShiniDesu
Patriot | Obeya | Joker

Hordeau

Hordeau

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2644 posts
  • Joined 06-March 11
Is it possible to have a recurring deletion on beef's account?

Say once a month, POOF his stuff magically disappears. I'd go with this route if I were you blackie.

KVLT

KVLT

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2100 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
:x
Posted Image
Feeling down? Click for insta laugh!
Longest beard in APB!

M.K. Ultra

M.K. Ultra

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 11-January 12
maybe the account hacker is like the zodiac killer and only targets certain people... people whos name starts with B....

reavusdar

reavusdar

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined 02-November 11
This situation is downright Shakespearian. I propose you secure the movie rights immediately. I can imagine the trailer voiceover now:

"He thought he had a friend. Then his life turned upside down. With vengeance burning in his heart, he must decide the fate of his best friend, and worst foe. This is.... THE DECISION."
Joker (NA EAST) - Reavus (Enforcer) / Reavisse (Enforcer) / Reavis (Criminal)
Clan Judgement: http://www.judgement-gaming.com/
Custom clothes, vehicles, and symbols.

Smketreez

Smketreez

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Joined 17-February 11
I've said it before and I'll say it again G1 / RP good or bad your team never ceases to amaze. Excellent job on this one, someone in that office should give Barnamer a super high five!

TzickyT

TzickyT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
i am happy for him =^)

M.K. Ultra

M.K. Ultra

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 11-January 12
ok since i see 3 devs reading this post and it has to do with scamming....

can you answer my question about the CSG country gent about 1-2 topics above this one?

i believe this weapon isnt permanent yet people are in game on my server trying to scam people out of money by telling them that it is indeed permanent.

thank you

Smketreez

Smketreez

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Joined 17-February 11

can you answer my question about the CSG country gent about 1-2 topics above this one?

i believe this weapon isnt permanent yet people are in game on my server trying to scam people out of money by telling them that it is indeed permanent.

thank you

Do you really need a dev to tell you big deal? I took care of that for them. THIS thread was of extreme importance. Selling a gun for funsies isn't.

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• San Paro City Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3430 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

thank you

ITS 10 DAY LEASE, ffs people already answered your question. If people put it on the market so be it, if they start advertising its permanent then maybe it's scamming.

Edited by Shini, 18 May 2012 - 03:23 AM.

Shini | ShiniDesu
Patriot | Obeya | Joker

DarkPariah

DarkPariah

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2952 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

STOP THE PRESSES!

Ok, after a little investigation I have got to the bottom of this. Your best friend in APB:R "beef43302" logged into your account on Wed (16th 5th), he has not logged into any other account bar his own. AKA: Not an account hacker.

He was in your account for ten minutes. Here is a snippet of some of the activity from our logs.

Great Job Barnarner - I hope you permanent bann "beef43302".

My approval for your effort.

Posted Image
DarkPariah / Krad
Patriot EU2 & Obeya EU1
Visit us at - www.psych-clan.de / Psych / Kings of Macro Youtube Channel

OZares

OZares

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11
Something like an optional "Account-branding" via hardware ID mixed with an ID-Card could be a possible solution.
Of course that would need some effort. But like the "Change Character name" it could cost 400 G1C
Skill is when luck becomes a habit
Excuse my bad english skills | Regards Ares

GodsLikeMe

GodsLikeMe

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2011 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11

-snip-

I have to use this aswell - Had my mouth opened for like 2 minutes. GJ @ Barnarner

(P.S can we have some info on the other thread aswell? :D I pay you.!" /wink)
Posted Image

Edited by GodsLikeMe, 18 May 2012 - 03:31 AM.

Posted Image
Criminal - [8Bit]GodzLike - Patriot EU2

Maniox

Maniox

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Joined 08-February 11
best forum post i've seen in my entire life, favourite developer of all time :)

Edited by Maniox, 18 May 2012 - 03:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users